• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 All State, All Tourney and All Star Teams

Started by sevenof400, May 12, 2013, 07:10:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

May 12, 2013, 07:10:25 pm Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 01:16:28 pm by sevenof400
We'll be watching the AAA website for the announcement(s) for each of these teams.  As each team is announced, an active link will be placed appropriately.

Note: All Star AND All State Teams named - see link(s) below!

Click here for the 2013 All State team.  This is the team selected by the conference coaches based on conference season play.  Click here for more information about how this team is selected.

Click here for the 2013 All Tournament team.  This is the team selected by coaches whose teams made the 2013 playoffs in their respective classifications.  Remember a team had to make the playoffs for a player to be selected to this team.  Coaches of playoff teams are asked by AAA to nominate the players they feel to be worthy of this distinction.

Click here for the 2013 All Star team.  This is the team comprised of seniors and selected by the all star coaches for the purpose of playing in the all star game.  Click here for more information about how this team is selected (this is actually a thread that discussed last year's selection process.)

Click here for some other observations about the All Star game.

PressBox-81

The All-Star games will be played at Conway High School.

Look forward to the games being in Central Arkansas.

Maybe more than just parents and team members will show up for the games.

FSESC

sevenof400

Those lists should be posted this week, FSESC.  I know AHSAA usually waits to post the lists until after the championships are completed.  Now that the titles have been decided, I'd hope to see these lists this week.

AllStarSportsFan

They still don't have volleyball All Star posted, that I can find anyway.

FSESC

sevenof400

May 21, 2013, 04:16:25 pm #6 Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 05:26:10 pm by sevenof400
Based on the current info on the AHSAA web site, the HS soccer all-star game will be held on Wed. June 19th at UCA Conway High School in Conway. 

PressBox-81

The games are to be held at Conway High School's field instead of UCA.

The AD for Conway has been busy making sure that concession stands and press box will be staffed.

sevenof400

Brynn

Jonesboro Sun had local players and coaches for All-Star game listed today.  Hopefully AAA will post soon. 

1234firecracker

Does anyone know the time of the boy's all star game on Wed Jun 19th?

Taxman

Quote from: 1234firecracker on May 22, 2013, 12:07:06 pm
Does anyone know the time of the boy's all star game on Wed Jun 19th?
8:00 i believe

newton

Jonesboro Sun only had the local boys, with no mention of the girls.

sevenof400

Well this is a first - the All Star team published before the All State and All Tournament teams????    ???

Weird. 

mijally

I e-mailed AAA asking when the All-State list would be available and the response I got was "Still waiting on conferences to turn in all their info". 

sevenof400

Quote from: mijally on May 24, 2013, 08:38:06 am
I e-mailed AAA asking when the All-State list would be available and the response I got was "Still waiting on conferences to turn in all their info".

Unfortunately, this happens a lot.  Thanks for that info mijally.

mijally

sevenof400

Thanks mijally!

All that remains now is the All Tournament team.  Hopefully coming soon...

NPHSsoccer

When and where will the All state 5A boys and girls games be played?

sevenof400

Wednesday, June 19th at Conway High School
Girls game at 6 pm
Boys game at 8 pm

Arbitro

Quote from: NPHSsoccer on May 30, 2013, 12:09:26 am
The AAA All Star soccer games (with selected seniors from all classifications) are on June 19.  I am not aware of any classification-specific games featuring All State honorees. 

Go Postal

Good Luck to all teams, but...

GO WEST!

(side note:  I still wish that Vilonia was back in the West, like in other sports.)

arksoc

Quote from: Arbitro on May 30, 2013, 08:30:27 am
Quote from: NPHSsoccer on May 30, 2013, 12:09:26 am
The AAA All Star soccer games (with selected seniors from all classifications) are on June 19.  I am not aware of any classification-specific games featuring All State honorees. 

So tactful, as always, Arbitro.  :)

sevenof400

It appears we are still on hold for the All-Tournament team for 2013.  A quick review of this from last year probably sheds some light on what is holding things up this year.  For those who may not recall, the publication of the All Tournament team was significantly delayed last year as a result of (at least) the following factors:

• Some teams did not submit their All Tournament selection(s)
  • All Tournament selections were not submitted to AHSAA

While these sound like the same problems, they are not.  Coaches are supposed to submit their All Tournament picks to AHSAA after their team(s) are eliminated from the state tournament.  What is not exactly clear is how the picks are supposed to be submitted.

In this day of instant communication and internet-based everything, AHSAA still uses paper forms.  At Burns Park last year, some coaches left these paper forms with the tournament host for submission to AHSAA but for reasons unknown, these forms were not submitted to AHSAA until several days after the conclusion of the tournament.  At the same time, some coaches may not have submitted their form(s) at all.  The purpose of this recollection is NOT to spread blame, but to illustrate the outdated and inefficient nature of this process.

Now I do not know if these factors are the source of the delay again this year, but it is reasonable to believe this.  What is clear is that AHSAA needs to implement a better method of submitting All-Tournament picks.  How easy would it be for a coach to send an email to a designated individual at AHSAA with his/her picks?  In the meantime, the already too long wait for the announcement of this team continues.

izard55

Hopefully more fans will show up and support the All Star teams.  It would be great to show the AAA and coaches of the "bigger" sports that soccer has a fan base in Arkansas.  If you enjoy soccer the games should be fun to watch - even if your son or daughter is not playing.

Sir Alex

Quote from: izard55 on June 11, 2013, 01:32:34 pm
Hopefully more fans will show up and support the All Star teams.  It would be great to show the AAA and coaches of the "bigger" sports that soccer has a fan base in Arkansas.  If you enjoy soccer the games should be fun to watch - even if your son or daughter is not playing.

Lady Back field was packed last year, not sure how many more you are expecting to show up for an all star game.  Wish the games would have stayed at UofA but I am sure UCA will do a fine job hosting. 

PressBox-81

Quote from: Sir Alex on June 13, 2013, 11:44:30 am
Quote from: izard55 on June 11, 2013, 01:32:34 pm

Lady Back field was packed last year, not sure how many more you are expecting to show up for an all star game.  Wish the games would have stayed at UofA but I am sure UCA will do a fine job hosting.

Soccer games will be played at Conway High School since UCA soccer fields do not have lights or adequate seating.

sevenof400

Finally posted is the All State Tournament team. 

A lot of coaches with some explaining to do as to why they could not submit their All State Tournament picks....

or...

as was the case last year, several teams picks were 'lost or misplaced' along the way.....

fanofsiloam

Would like to know how they arrived at some of those names...Edan Scarbrough Searcy & Easley Ab raham Siloam Springs. 

Should have read: Evan Scarbourgh and Will Easley.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas