• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Saw this on the 5A board...Aerial Views of 4A school stadiums

Started by AirWarren, June 14, 2012, 01:11:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

OldScrap

AirWarren

Quote from: OldScrap on June 14, 2012, 01:20:44 am

I had a try at it, you can see it did not work.

Well, at least post the link like I did. Epic fail on my part!

polksalet

Its probably easier to just search for Warren and look for the field. In small towns those things stick out like a sore thumb. In Nashville it's really easy, just look for the heavenly glow.

polksalet

cool looking field in Warren, is that stadium seating? I've never been there.

AirWarren

Quote from: polksalet on June 14, 2012, 01:46:12 am
cool looking field in Warren, is that stadium seating? I've never been there.
Thanks.

First two rows are the box seats. They are black chair backs all the way across. Middle part below the pressbox is white chair backs all the way down to the black chairs.

Romeo

Let me try to help you out a little AW.

DogsWin7

i went just to try to view waldron's new field and failed..........surprise! ;D

computer illiterate  ::)

Wendell Robinson

x14113

I'll go ahead and cover Ozark.

Not the clearest image, but anyway...

+Sharp-looking field: Even before the addition of turf, there was an effort to maintain a good playing surface.  We've certainly been reaping all the benefits that our turf now offers.

+Bountiful seating options: In addition to the standard home and visitor bleachers on opposing sides, we have booster seating to the southeast, student seating just beyond the west end zone, and lawnchair seating to the northwest.  The result is a venue with more seating than at first glance.

+Great concessions: The loss of hamburgers aside, the concession stand still offers a nice variety of food and drink.

+Nice pressbox: Both roomy and tall, the upper rooms offer an especially nice view of the action.

+Good visitor seating: They are both higher (albeit farther back) and deeper (12 rows v. 10) than the home side, and for a while, they were just as wide.  Personally, I wonder if they were ever intended to be the home bleachers once upon a time.

+Upgraded regularly: Any school that hasn't played here in a long time (especially before 1999) would have a hard time recognizing it upon returning. I can count changes to about 11 different facets to the stadium (including the field) in the past 13 years.

-Limited home parking:  If you don't get here early enough, you might find yourself parking at the corral at the FCLC.  If you arrive just before kickoff?  Good luck finding a spot along the street.  (Visitors have it a bit easier, with plenty of parking around the JH.)

-Access issues: The entrances are in the corners, with no comfortable way to reach the other side.  For a home fan to reach the east end of the bleachers, s/he will have to either walk across the front of the bleachers (which is quite narrow) or go under them (the ground is neither seeded nor paved, and you'll be more likely to watch above you).  Again, visitors have it a bit easier, with a sidewalk and three sets of stairs for bleacher access.

-Confusion potential: A different street is used to access the north side.  This could throw a first-timer off if unsure of where to go.

-Not entirely kid-friendly: Even with measures built to prevent little kids from slipping through, the bleacher fences are still short and porous.  This was highlighted by an incident last year where a toddler fell from the top of the home bleachers.  (How is that kid doing, BTW?)

x14113

With that out of the way, I'll move on the rest of the 4A-1.

Starting with Gravette:

x14113

Pea Ridge:

x14113

x14113

Gentry:

x14113

Farmington:

x14113

Prairie Grove:

x14113

And finally, Lincoln:

Old Stadium:

New Stadium?  (Of interest is the southwest corner:)

tmycjy

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on June 14, 2012, 11:30:12 am
i went just to try to view waldron's new field and failed..........surprise! ;D

computer illiterate  ::)

Hey if u are use google earth map u have to move time date up to get to the news date

G-Town38

I may be a Homer, but isn't that (the Gravette facility) the nicest one in 4A?

G-Town38

I do have to admit, Warren's facility would have to be second. I love the way it is set among the pines.

x14113

AirWarren

Thanks for the help Romeo.

G, gravette appears to have a fantastic setup. As does ozark. We in Warren are VERY partial and proud of our stadium and facilities in seark.

~WPS~

I don't have a aerial picture but Nashville has the largest home stands and most chair back seats by far. As well as the facilities in the mall area under the stands.

GLion Alum

Quote from: G-Town38 on June 14, 2012, 04:46:11 pm

I suspect you're right, but I'm a homer, too.   ;D  Being away from the Gravette area during my productive years before returning home, I think I can be fairly objective when I make these comments:  (1) Probably because Gravette was dirt-poor for so long and never had any school facilities that they could be proud of, I have been amazed by the pride shown by the students, faculty and community in general with their new facilities, and (2) how everyone in Gravette seems to have gone out of their way to be hospitable and welcoming to visitors.  About the only complaint I've heard or read on FF was about the lion roars during the first year or two, and they have even cut back on those.   ::)

When I saw the aerial photos of Lions Stadium, it reminded me to point out something I've mentioned before on FF--Gravette has to have more sidewalks in and around its stadium than anywhere else in Arkansas...or probably the world.   ;D  Although the seating capacity is about 3,000, the berm (or whatever it is they call the sloping area that extends from the north side of the home stands to the north side of the visitor stands), which is where people sit in chairs or on blankets or the grass or just stand up, probably gives Gravette the capability of affording more fans a decent view than any other 4A school in the state.  When Siloam Springs comes calling the third week this fall, the crowd size could get interesting if the weather is decent!

Looking at the photos of the other 1-4A schools, it reminded me that three schools' fields basically run north-south...Gravette, Pea Ridge and Farmington...and four fields run west-east...Ozark, Gentry, Prairie Grove and Berryville.  (I don't know which way Lincoln's new field will run.)  Somehow I had this perception that most football fields run north-south, but that's not the case in the 1-4A.  A question for someone from Gravette...The aerial photos do not show the baseball and softball fields that are being built, as well as the impressive field house that has been built.  Since I haven't been by the school since last football season, has work on the fields started, and how is it progressing?

Quote from: G-Town38 on June 14, 2012, 04:49:39 pm
I do have to admit, Warren's facility would have to be second. I love the way it is set among the pines.

Agreed.  And the people I met while in Warren were every bit as nice as their facilities.

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on June 14, 2012, 05:45:41 pm
I don't have a aerial picture but Nashville has the largest home stands and most chair back seats by far. As well as the facilities in the mall area under the stands.

I saw the Nashville stands a few years ago when I was there to attend a state baseball tournament game...large and impressive!  Now I have this question:  What's with Nashville and Warren bragging about their chair back seats?  We don't have those in Gravette, but they're not needed since fans of our black and orange team are usually standing and cheering, anyway.   ;D

Lest I forget Ozark, I will say, in my opinion, they win the award for having made the most improvements to their football stadium in the 2000's...an impressive place to play football, but finding a place to park leaves something to be desired.         

AirWarren

Quote from: GLion Alum on June 14, 2012, 09:23:44 pm

I suspect you're right, but I'm a homer, too.   ;D  Being away from the Gravette area during my productive years before returning home, I think I can be fairly objective when I make these comments:  (1) Probably because Gravette was dirt-poor for so long and never had any school facilities that they could be proud of, I have been amazed by the pride shown by the students, faculty and community in general with their new facilities, and (2) how everyone in Gravette seems to have gone out of their way to be hospitable and welcoming to visitors.  About the only complaint I've heard or read on FF was about the lion roars during the first year or two, and they have even cut back on those.   ::)

When I saw the aerial photos of Lions Stadium, it reminded me to point out something I've mentioned before on FF--Gravette has to have more sidewalks in and around its stadium than anywhere else in Arkansas...or probably the world.   ;D  Although the seating capacity is about 3,000, the berm (or whatever it is they call the sloping area that extends from the north side of the home stands to the north side of the visitor stands), which is where people sit in chairs or on blankets or the grass or just stand up, probably gives Gravette the capability of affording more fans a decent view than any other 4A school in the state.  When Siloam Springs comes calling the third week this fall, the crowd size could get interesting if the weather is decent!

Looking at the photos of the other 1-4A schools, it reminded me that three schools' fields basically run north-south...Gravette, Pea Ridge and Farmington...and four fields run west-east...Ozark, Gentry, Prairie Grove and Berryville.  (I don't know which way Lincoln's new field will run.)  Somehow I had this perception that most football fields run north-south, but that's not the case in the 1-4A.  A question for someone from Gravette...The aerial photos do not show the baseball and softball fields that are being built, as well as the impressive field house that has been built.  Since I haven't been by the school since last football season, has work on the fields started, and how is it progressing?

Agreed.  And the people I met while in Warren were every bit as nice as their facilities.

I saw the Nashville stands a few years ago when I was there to attend a state baseball tournament game...large and impressive!  Now I have this question:  What's with Nashville and Warren bragging about their chair back seats?  We don't have those in Gravette, but they're not needed since fans of our black and orange team are usually standing and cheering, anyway.   ;D

Lest I forget Ozark, I will say, in my opinion, they win the award for having made the most improvements to their football stadium in the 2000's...an impressive place to play football, but finding a place to park leaves something to be desired.         

While you made me laugh at the point you made about the chair backs....Don't be a hater!

AirWarren

Go Postal

Go Postal

See my 06/15/12 post on the 5A boards on how to post images on "aerial views of 5A".  Hope it helps.

http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=121463.msg2602529#new

polksalet

Quote from: GLion Alum on June 14, 2012, 09:23:44 pm

Nashville has chair back seats so the fans can sit down in the second half and enjoy mint juleps.

gametime

Is it my imagination or does the Prairie Grove field not look out of square.   Have looked from a few different sites and all look the same..     :-\

whippersnapper

I have nothing but respect for coach abshire after what happened during the Mena game. And I thought the facilities were good as well but I think they have to do something to get the away team away from the home team.

Wendell Robinson

Mr. G, I will try to answer that question of yours. It was my understanding that the baseball and softball facilities are to begin construction either this month or next. Since I don't actually live in Gravette I haven't been by the location in several weeks, but I will be through there this weekend and will drive by to take a look just for you! Not that I am at all curious about it myself.  ::)

I was told that the original plan was to already have the fields in place, but the school board/athletic department said they didn't want to start on them until they were sure they could build exactly what they wanted. Apparently, they can do that now. I have heard that they aren't sure if the baseball field will be ready by next season but the softball field will be up and running in time for next spring. If I get a chance I will post pictures up of the progress, if any.

I can tell you that the baseball fields bleachers are supposed to be built into the hill much like the home stands of the football stadium. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Wendell Robinson

Quote from: whippersnapper on June 15, 2012, 11:40:43 am
I have nothing but respect for coach abshire after what happened during the Mena game. And I thought the facilities were good as well but I think they have to do something to get the away team away from the home team.

I haven't been to Prairie Grove's stadium in a few years but when I was in high school we had to walk in front of the home stands to and from the locker room. Both teams were undefeated my Senior season and the build up for that game was intense. When we walked by the student section prior to the game, I heard things that would make a sailor blush.

whippersnapper

Well I'm not sure it's changed, but the  2 teams locker rooms were in the same building underneath right behind/underneath the home stands.

x14113

Hey, did someone mention Nashville?

polksalet

DerekOxford

Quote from: polksalet on June 15, 2012, 05:21:19 pm
Quote from: x14113 on June 15, 2012, 04:07:48 pm
Hey, did someone mention Nashville?

doesn't that thing have an elevator?

Yup, the Nashville press box is college-quality.

x14113

With Waldron already up, let's proceed to the rest of the 4A-4.

Starting with Mena (in the middle of installing its turf, apparently):

x14113

Maumelle:

x14113

Pottsville:

x14113

Dover:

x14113

Dardanelle:

x14113

x14113

DogsWin7

When is the last time Booneville updated or improved their field?  Anyone know ?

whippersnapper

Mena already has turf. We've had it for 2 seasons now.

x14113

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on June 19, 2012, 05:41:24 pm
When is the last time Booneville updated or improved their field?  Anyone know ?

They've built a new field house, repainted their bleachers, and upgraded their track in the last 1.5 decades.  They still have stumps for uprights, though.

Quote from: whippersnapper on June 19, 2012, 06:12:30 pm
Mena already has turf. We've had it for 2 seasons now.

My point exactly--I was showing how dated that imagery was.

whippersnapper

Yeah I've tried finding pics of it to put on here. I may try and take one sometime this wk and put one up here of the field.

x14113

I did manage to find this for Mena's turf:

There should be pictures showing the end zones, too.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas