• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aerial views and comments of football fields/stadiums and mascot names in the 5A

Started by Go Postal, June 12, 2012, 10:02:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

coachpaulriggan

June 15, 2012, 12:39:59 am #50 Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 11:18:12 pm by coachpaulriggan
Hot Springs High- home of the Trojans is an amazing field.

Go Postal

Quote from: AW on June 14, 2012, 01:17:53 am
Quote from: Go Postal on June 12, 2012, 10:02:18 pm
  I thought that it would be interesting since the new restructuring of teams that there should be a comment/photo thread for the 5A on high school football fields.  What they look like, what other sports that are played on that field and what fans can expect to see (in other words, pluses or minuses).  Mind you that the aerial photos (that I post) are from googleearth.com, so some fields might not be lined or not the clearest view from "The Eye In The Sky".  There might be a easier way to post your aerial photos of your team's field, but this is what I did.  Find your football field on Google Earth.  Get the best photo that you can, then hold Ctrl+Alt+PrtSc.  Go to Windows Paint and Paste.  Save as (whatever you want to call it and to whatever folder) as a JPeg.  Use your favorite photo editing software and mask/resize/crop/save as JPeg (to whatever folder on your computer).  I used as a format:  width 412, height 645 for most of the photos, but this is your own decision.  Then download your JPeg photo to your favorite media sharing site.  I used photobucket.com for mine.  Then post on fearlessfriday.com with their insert icon as you normally would.   Whew.
If you can't post aerial photos of your fields then comment on your field, etc with the above bolded description.  There is 32 teams in the 5A, let's try to get 32 aerial photos and comments.  Thanks.
  I have taken aerial photos (from googleearth) of the new West team's fields and will post them individually so everyone can comment on each team's field through the quote and/or modify feature.  For instance, I noticed that Huntville's field is facing East/West instead of North/South and they are playing soccer when the satellite passed over.  LOL.

Failed miserably on the same type of thread on 4A boards. I am not computer savvy!!!
I'm not very savvy on the computer either and no way ever can be "The Graphics Grand Wizards" like BillyJack or Paw-Paw.
The bolded info above is for preparing YOUR own graphics to be able to post them on ff, but I have noticed that the problem that most people have is trying to post images on ff.  Here is a "Image Posting 101 on fearlessfriday" for those who would like to learn how.  (Thanks to Goblins own Drama Mama for teaching this to me.)
Any JPeg image (with .jpg extension) can be used and I think most GIFS image (with the .gif extension) that has been posted on a media sharing site (like images from google or photobucket, for instance).

It helps to have two windows open at the same time (one from where you are getting your image and also where you want to put your image, for instance,fearlessfriday).

Move your cursor over the image and right click on mouse, then left click on properties on box that comes up, then when the HyperText Transfer Protocol box comes up, highlight the URL address by holding your left mouse button and moving acrossed the address (make sure that you highlight the whole address), then right click on the highlighted address and then left click on copy.  This gets your image ready to post on ff.

To post your image on ff, click on the reply button

then click on this button

You should see on your post reply screen this image..
[img][img]

move your cursor in between the ] [ of that image and right click and then left click on paste.

click on the preview and scroll up to see what your image will look like, if it is not right, then make changes, if it is right, then click the post button.

You should have successfully posted your image on ff.  Congratulations.

I hope this helps anyone that wants to post images, but be careful of what you post so not to get the ff moderators on you.

Hoghead

Quote from: Go Postal on June 13, 2012, 11:33:07 pm
De Queen

DeQUEEN, "THE PIT" as they call it.

Hoghead

Quote from: Go Postal on June 13, 2012, 11:35:09 pm
Hope

Yep, Thats what it looks like in Hope now. Thanks Postal !  Wish Goggle shot was better so it could show seating and turf better togather in the stadium.

Go Postal

Let me go off on a tangent for a minute.  I love football, but I also love soccer and all other sports available for the great athletes from Arkansas.  I have noticed that a lot of stadiums have track fields (this is a new sport that I will be getting into and will like), but have noticed that a lot of stadiums have soccer also.  Even "cow pastures".  For those who do not understand the game of soccer (as I once did) and WHY they kick the ball backwards from the goal, think of basketball strategy to move the ball around on a larger than football field and only using only your head/body/feet to accomplish a goal.  Then maybe you will understand why the rest of the world plays this game.  Football is mostly an American sport and will be the #1 sport that I like, but I do and will like/love other sports with no bias.
Tangent off and now back to football.

FBfan79

Just for some extra views....  If you click on one pic and then keep clicking on the pic again you'll cycle through extra pics.

http://www.enviroturfservices.com/ArkansasFootball.html

-Greenbrier
-Morrilton
-White Hall
-LR Christian
-Vilonia

tmycjy

top ten stadium in class 5A my pick of what i think are the best

1. Harrison
2. Beebe
3. Alma
4. HSLS
5. White hall
6. W.Chaple
7. Paragould
8. Wynne
9. GREENBRIER
10. Batesville

honerbale menstion school never been to these school for real on seen on a google earth map

Jacksonville
Dequeen
P.A.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: x14113 on June 13, 2012, 08:41:34 pm
Quote from: tmycjy on June 13, 2012, 06:33:44 pm
Hey real football school don't need Fancy stadium to play football like everyone else has to have Wynne fair ex of traditional football stadium

Wynne?  A traditional stadium?  HA!

Put a press box behind the west bleachers first.  Then we'll talk.   ::) ;D

No room for it.

Then again, nobody from a place such as Ozark has room to talk.

InYoGrill

Quote from: tmycjy on June 17, 2012, 09:23:37 am
top ten stadium in class 5A my pick of what i think are the best

1. Harrison
2. Beebe
3. Alma
4. HSLS
5. White hall
6. W.Chaple
7. Paragould
8. Wynne
9. GREENBRIER
10. Batesville

honerbale menstion school never been to these school for real on seen on a google earth map

Jacksonville
Dequeen
P.A.

GB ahead of V???? Get off the swarm juice Jacket.  Jville- DUMP and Wynne not top 20.

Wonderdog

tmycjy

pantherblue

InYoGrill

Quote from: pantherblue on June 17, 2012, 06:29:18 pm
Motown has some of the best popcorn in 5a!!

Sure and you still owe me a few bags plus a Coke. Pay up ole man!

BTW- Only pulled 2 splinters from my glutomous last time at Motown visitor bleachers. Seen babies bleacher drop though the years on those wonderful visitor bleachers.

pantherblue

We sat on home side last time I was there and the old guys in overalls and cussing the whole game was a bit much.  Popcorn was good though.  Another good thing about Motown all their home games are filmed and on the web. 

pantherblue

And red belly angry tweetie bird, where is my mug you owe me and half of the 5 A teams??? Lol

Turner

Quote from: coachpaulriggan on June 15, 2012, 12:39:59 am
Hot Springs High- home of the Trojans is an amazing field. First time I stepped on it was when I interned at Glen Rose last year--- and yes the Beavers won.  There is no excuse for them not to be good at football (besides the fact that Lakeside and Lake Hamilton pulls all the talent away).  Great stadium, great turf----- horrible atmosphere (Glen Rose brought more fans than the home team Trojans). Basketball is king at Hot Springs High but they have an awesome stadium.
Name one "talented" athlete that Lake Hamilton or Lakeside has pulled from Hot Springs? Just because a kid transfers out of one school district to a neighboring school district and decides to play a sport such as football, does not mean that talent is pulled away from Hot Springs, I can honestly say in the past 10 years I can't think of one "talented" athlete that Lake Hamilton or Lakeside has pulled from Hot Springs.

x14113

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on June 17, 2012, 10:34:40 am

No room for it.

Because of the alley between the stadium and the school, right?

In that case, I shall call your attention to Doc Wadley Stadium.

That large pressbox you see behind those bleachers?  It's supported by said bleachers.

Wynne's bleachers look sturdy enough to pull off such a design.  Whether there's any interest is another matter.  ::)

Go Postal

Quote from: x14113 on June 17, 2012, 09:48:50 pm

No room for it.

That large pressbox you see behind those bleachers?  It's supported by said bleachers.

Wynne's bleachers look sturdy enough to pull off such a design.  Whether there's any interest is another matter.  ::)

RamFan06

Quote from: Turner on June 17, 2012, 07:46:26 pm
Quote from: coachpaulriggan on June 15, 2012, 12:39:59 am
Hot Springs High- home of the Trojans is an amazing field. First time I stepped on it was when I interned at Glen Rose last year--- and yes the Beavers won.  There is no excuse for them not to be good at football (besides the fact that Lakeside and Lake Hamilton pulls all the talent away).  Great stadium, great turf----- horrible atmosphere (Glen Rose brought more fans than the home team Trojans). Basketball is king at Hot Springs High but they have an awesome stadium.
Name one "talented" athlete that Lake Hamilton or Lakeside has pulled from Hot Springs? Just because a kid transfers out of one school district to a neighboring school district and decides to play a sport such as football, does not mean that talent is pulled away from Hot Springs, I can honestly say in the past 10 years I can't think of one "talented" athlete that Lake Hamilton or Lakeside has pulled from Hot Springs.

I cant think of many Turner, but I can think of one....Queshawn(sp) Walker. He was at Hot Springs until about his Freshman year I think, then came to Lakeside. He was a beast. Great kid and I am not sure the details of why he transferred. Just wanted to make sure we weren't trying to say it NEVER happens.

Hoghead

Quote from: Go Postal on June 18, 2012, 06:27:50 am
Quote from: x14113 on June 17, 2012, 09:48:50 pm

No room for it.

This is Northeastern (Oklahoma) University stadium. The good folks in Wynne sit in there cars at Yellowjacket Stadium. They have never noticed the Press Box is on the visitors side. They would never follow a Okies lead and add a PressBox to the Home side. Too much work & money I suppose.

Go Postal

Here is the 5A East.  I hope I have the correct views, let me know if I don't.

Go Postal

Go Postal

Go Postal

Go Postal

Go Postal

Go Postal

Go Postal

Go Postal

AirWarren

Go Postal

Here is the 5A Central.  Let me know if I don't have these views right.

Go Postal

Go Postal

Go Postal

Go Postal

Go Postal

Go Postal

Go Postal

Go Postal

InYoGrill

Quote from: AW on June 18, 2012, 07:36:23 pm
Quote from: Go Postal on June 18, 2012, 06:44:07 pm
Batesville

I like these endzones.

LOL! An earthquake must have purposely moved the visitor stands off center. OR the designer didn't give a rats kazoo that visitors only bring half a crowd to watch game in Bville.

Go Postal

Quote from: InYoGrill on June 18, 2012, 09:50:23 pm
Quote from: AW on June 18, 2012, 07:36:23 pm
Batesville

I like these endzones.

LOL! An earthquake must have purposely moved the visitor stands off center. OR the designer didn't give a rats kazoo that visitors only bring half a crowd to watch game in Bville.
Maybe that is why we only play them in preseason scrimmage. LOL.

coachpaulriggan

The quote-- pulls does not imply recruit or take away. If a school has better resources, facilities and programs they can simply "pull" an athlete on the brink to their school. I know both Lakeside and Lake Hamilton coaches and neither of them need or would ever recruit players to come to their school.  With that being said parents can pull a kid from one district and place them in another.

Hoghead

Hoghead

Batesville

The "Historic & Vintage Vertigo" Vistors bleachers at Batesville ! The Whiplash Seats ! LOL !!!

Turner

Quote from: coachpaulriggan on June 18, 2012, 10:49:41 pm
The quote-- pulls does not imply recruit or take away. If a school has better resources, facilities and programs they can simply "pull" an athlete on the brink to their school. I know both Lakeside and Lake Hamilton coaches and neither of them need or would ever recruit players to come to their school.  With that being said parents can pull a kid from one district and place them in another.
Ha, the point is the transfer of football players out of the district does not contribute to the lack of the trojans football team being good, Yep, parents sure can pull their kid from one district and put them in another and most of the time when this happens the kid is not a superb athlete that will be missed by the previous school's team. So with that being said the reason Hot Springs is not good is because  the lack of support from players' parents, community, school body etc. The facilities are there, and so is the coaching, one could say it might be the work ethic of the players?

RamFan06

Quote from: Turner on June 19, 2012, 04:28:15 pm
Quote from: coachpaulriggan on June 18, 2012, 10:49:41 pm
Ha, the point is the transfer of football players out of the district does not contribute to the lack of the trojans football team being good, Yep, parents sure can pull their kid from one district and put them in another and most of the time when this happens the kid is not a superb athlete that will be missed by the previous school's team. So with that being said the reason Hot Springs is not good is because  the lack of support from players' parents, community, school body etc. The facilities are there, and so is the coaching, one could say it might be the work ethic of the players?
I agree with you on that Turner. I did not mean to imply that Lakeside, or Lake Hamilton for that matter, has coaches out recruiting Hot Springs kids to come play at their school. I just wanted to point out that there have been players that have made the move from Hot Springs to Lakeside specifically. Why they transferred I can only assume. Hot Springs SHOULD have a quality program every year, but the culture at that school will have to change drastically for that to happen.

tmycjy

Quote from: Go Postal on June 18, 2012, 08:28:40 pm
Sylvan Hills

hey u want to talk about wynne pressbox tell me why sylvan hills pressbox is on the vistors side

cheap seats

Quote from: tmycjy on June 19, 2012, 05:30:20 pm
Quote from: Go Postal on June 18, 2012, 08:28:40 pm
Sylvan Hills

hey u want to talk about wynne pressbox tell me why sylvan hills pressbox is on the vistors side

I think that might be home side again.  Those were the home bleachers before the concrete other side was built.  Forever they were old rotted wood.  I think the have now been replaced and expanded out and possibly be home side again.  Maybe?

Go Postal

Construction on the track at F.S. Garrison Stadium in Harrison started last weekend.  It will be an 8-lane all-weather track with two long jump pits, two triple jump pits, a pole vault pit, shot put ring and a high jump pit.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas