• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clarendon

Started by JohnBarleycorn, May 28, 2015, 06:05:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

minerjack

Quote from: JC Guy on June 19, 2015, 11:56:32 am
Quote from: minerjack2212 on June 19, 2015, 11:47:50 am
Or their baby isn't being taken care of. Or he's hurt and he needs to sit out. Whine, whine, whine...
Well that is an area issue because in this part of the world mom and dad have that rub a little dirt on it mentallity.
Nobody is trying to bring Louisiana into this. We're strictly talking about the Arkansas area...gah.

JC Guy

Quote from: minerjack2212 on June 19, 2015, 12:10:16 pm
Quote from: JC Guy on June 19, 2015, 11:54:05 am
Well you could look at it like that. Many mothers think that every kid should play or get a trophy. I could flip that and say many fathers think the know more than the coaches and feel this kid or that kid should be starting over another. What I was saying is at least in our program the mothers help raise a lot of funds, organize events and things of that nature. Who makes sure the kids are at the field house in the summer who makes most of that stuff happen?  From my point of view most times it's not the dads. We get to take them to the camp and stand beside them when they get some kind of award or praise but without mom in most cases it never happens.
Coaches.
Hate to break it to you but around here the coaches show up at the field house and the kids come from home. Haven't seen any coaches running bus routes, feeding and hydrating the kids so they are ready to work when they get to the coaches. For some reason I see a lot of you guys kicked back in your recliners with your wife beaters on. LOL

minerjack

Nobody said I was a coach? I certainly didn't?

minerjack

Quote from: JC Guy on June 19, 2015, 12:21:24 pm
Well you could look at it like that. Many mothers think that every kid should play or get a trophy. I could flip that and say many fathers think the know more than the coaches and feel this kid or that kid should be starting over another. What I was saying is at least in our program the mothers help raise a lot of funds, organize events and things of that nature. Who makes sure the kids are at the field house in the summer who makes most of that stuff happen?  From my point of view most times it's not the dads. We get to take them to the camp and stand beside them when they get some kind of award or praise but without mom in most cases it never happens.
Coaches.
Hate to break it to you but around here the coaches show up at the field house and the kids come from home. Haven't seen any coaches running bus routes, feeding and hydrating the kids so they are ready to work when they get to the coaches. For some reason I see a lot of you guys kicked back in your recliners with your wife beaters on. LOL
Im sure a lot of that goes on in Clarendon.

minerjack

Especially the kids being ready to work.

AirWarren

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 19, 2015, 11:50:22 am
Quote from: AirWarren on June 19, 2015, 11:45:08 am
It does. Because every mom thinks their kid is the super star when in reality some are and some aren't.

Wouldn't you say you think your kid is a super star? Regardless... Or would you just tell them they aren't that good?

My kid is a super star. But to show your arse to a coach because THAT PARENT thinks they are a superstar and the coach obviously has better kids out there to play. That's the parents I have problems with.

No you don't tell them that they are horrible. But you can direct them to something they can excel in. That kind of mentality is the reason why we have brat, titty baby, and wimping kids because everyone deserves a championship trophy or gold medal. When I reality, that isn't reality. People are better than other people at certain things and that person that may be lacking unlike the other person may be better at something else. That's life! But lying to your kid by saying they are a superstar when they aren't is no different than telling them they aren't one. You create unrealistic expectations of someone that will have problems taking constructive criticism in life.

JC Guy

Quote from: AirWarren on June 19, 2015, 12:49:55 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 19, 2015, 11:50:22 am
It does. Because every mom thinks their kid is the super star when in reality some are and some aren't.

Wouldn't you say you think your kid is a super star? Regardless... Or would you just tell them they aren't that good?

My kid is a super star. But to show your arse to a coach because THAT PARENT thinks they are a superstar and the coach obviously has better kids out there to play. That's the parents I have problems with.

No you don't tell them that they are horrible. But you can direct them to something they can excel in. That kind of mentality is the reason why we have brat, titty baby, and wimping kids because everyone deserves a championship trophy or gold medal. When I reality, that isn't reality. People are better than other people at certain things and that person that may be lacking unlike the other person may be better at something else. That's life! But lying to your kid by saying they are a superstar when they aren't is no different than telling them they aren't one. You create unrealistic expectations of someone that will have problems taking constructive criticism in life.
Now most all of that we can agree on. My kid I wouldn't call a superstar. He has started both ways since he was a sophomore and his junior year he played iron man football until the games were out of reach. He has a real chance to do some things at his school that have never been done before if he can stay healthy. As most of you know what kind of talent he has been playing with for the past two years and he has more than held his own.What I done with my son from an early age is make him play up a told him you have to work to get better. If you work hard enough good things will happen. I just had a talk with him last week on the way home from the A-state camp in PB. I told him if a guy is born with something  more than you were you can't change that but you never let him out work you. That is what many programs around this state need to understand.

MomaLion

Quote from: JC Guy on June 19, 2015, 09:30:21 am
What's the word I am looking for? Bully's that's it and Air your comment was so far out of bounds you need a GPS to find your way back. ML keep fighting the good fight for your team.
Thank you, you know I will ;D

MomaLion

Not me lol...my son was terrible at sports but I cheered him on anyway ;D

MomaLion

Well in a perfect world the Mom and Dad would be involved but unfortunately so many kids only have one or the other. That's when we come together as a community for the kids.
And guys, I'm not your typical Mom...No my kids aren't super stars and yes I admit I don't know everything lol.

MomaLion

Quote from: JC Guy on June 19, 2015, 12:21:24 pm
Coaches.
Thrash spent most of the summer last year trying to round up the basketball boys lol...even put out a "wanted" poster with directions to the field house from the gym lol.

JC Guy

Quote from: minerjack2212 on June 19, 2015, 12:11:07 pm
Quote from: JC Guy on June 19, 2015, 11:56:32 am
Quote from: minerjack2212 on June 19, 2015, 11:47:50 am
Or their baby isn't being taken care of. Or he's hurt and he needs to sit out. Whine, whine, whine...
Well that is an area issue because in this part of the world mom and dad have that rub a little dirt on it mentallity.
Nobody is trying to bring Louisiana into this. We're strictly talking about the Arkansas area...gah.
You still eating that stale molded bread? Give it a break brother. Start figuring out who you guys are claiming is cheating next year after we move up. You got time we will still be around this year.

JC Guy

Quote from: minerjack2212 on June 19, 2015, 12:36:39 pm
Nobody said I was a coach? I certainly didn't?
Let's break this down since we aren't on the same page here. I took it as you said the coaches took care of the things I said moms handle. Now if I took that out of context that's my bad. But I certainly wasn't calling you a coach.

Lions84

June 20, 2015, 08:11:01 am #113 Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 10:20:25 pm by Lions84
Quote from: Tigerdad2 on June 18, 2015, 01:47:33 pm
Will Clarendon ever be a consistent winner?

I believe they can cause we won plenty of games pre 2000.

Lions84

The Big Red Machine is Ready to Roll.

MomaLion

I have no idea how many we have this year so far...my insiders have graduated lol.

Tigerdad2

Quote from: Lions84 on June 20, 2015, 08:11:01 am
Quote from: Tigerdad2 on June 18, 2015, 01:47:33 pm
Will Clarendon ever be a consistent winner?

I believe they can cause we won plenty of games per 2000.
Maybe a guy named Cedric Houston helped, 97 TD's from 98-2000

Lions84

Cedric was great but couldn't bring us a State Title.

BigLion10

How far did Clarendon get with ced and tank?

jbtiger73

Their sr. Year, they lost to rison in the semis by a couple scores. Rison was accused of drenching the field before the game. Don't know how exactly true that is though.

BigLion10

Is that the year Rison played $hiloh?

jbtiger73

jbtiger73

Seen that coach Thrash is at PA as the new golf coach and asst. Football coach, coaching QB's I believe.

MomaLion

Lions84

Good luck to Tanner.

jbtiger73

Seen at the camp that they have a nice looking transfer that came in from Louisiana. Very athletic, but honestly after working with him this past weekend, kinda has a pee poor attitude. More focused on hoops is what he was telling me. Darn shame.

cav2012

Quote from: jbtiger73 on August 03, 2015, 10:45:24 am
Seen at the camp that they have a nice looking transfer that came in from Louisiana. Very athletic, but honestly after working with him this past weekend, kinda has a pee poor attitude. More focused on hoops is what he was telling me. Darn shame.
wow you are a really classy individual

jbtiger73

Also heard from one of the coaches on the staff, that only 2 seniors show up all summer for workouts. And that 0 sophomores haven't shown up because of the rift between the jr high coach telling the freshmen from last year not to play for Thrash. They're hoping since he's gone now, that they can get those guys out. They have alot of work to make up though. Definitely pulling for Monroe county and those guys there.

jbtiger73

Stay in hazen my friend. I just dont like kids that waste coaches or even their own time. Regardless of where they're from. And you weren't there, so you wouldn't know anyway, now would you.

MomaLion

Quote from: cav2012 on August 03, 2015, 10:49:03 am
Quote from: jbtiger73 on August 03, 2015, 10:45:24 am
wow you are a really classy individual
I don't see what was so not classy about that...seems like an observation to me.

MomaLion

Quote from: jbtiger73 on August 03, 2015, 10:52:58 am
Also heard from one of the coaches on the staff, that only 2 seniors show up all summer for workouts. And that 0 sophomores haven't shown up because of the rift between the jr high coach telling the freshmen from last year not to play for Thrash. They're hoping since he's gone now, that they can get those guys out. They have alot of work to make up though. Definitely pulling for Monroe county and those guys there.
You have more info than I do...I don't know anything about that issue...I do know that some folks were upset that Thrash was hired instead of promoting Pannell.

jbtiger73

I know some of the coaches personally. That's it. But I also heard that too momalion. I just hate for a program as proud as Clarendon's, go through these types of changes and dealing with these types of people.

MomaLion

Hopefully with the new head coaches we can get back on track :)

purpleswag

Quote from: MomaLion on August 04, 2015, 10:32:24 am
You have more info than I do...I don't know anything about that issue...I do know that some folks were upset that Thrash was hired instead of promoting Pannell.

http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=127136.0

I found this thread when Thrash resigned. Read it and please learn something before you post about your own team. It was a guy named Smyly that was working there not Panel. Jeez! Do they not teach you guys how to research in Clarendon?

Anyway, I hope things work out for Meeks. He does seem like a good guy and has been doing it for a while. How come you Clarendon homers aren't kissing his butt also????

MomaLion

August 04, 2015, 05:30:48 pm #134 Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 05:46:36 pm by MomaLion
Quote from: purpleswag on August 04, 2015, 03:55:45 pm

I found this thread when Thrash resigned. Read it and please learn something before you post about your own team. It was a guy named Smyly that was working there not Panel. Jeez! Do they not teach you guys how to research in Clarendon?

Anyway, I hope things work out for Meeks. He does seem like a good guy and has been doing it for a while. How come you Clarendon homers aren't kissing his butt also????
You are correct to a point, I misspoke...but to go back and dig through archives, really???

MomaLion

Honestly Pannell would have made a good head coach in my opinion.

purpleswag

Quote from: MomaLion on August 04, 2015, 05:30:48 pm
Quote from: purpleswag on August 04, 2015, 03:55:45 pm

You are correct to a point, I misspoke...but to go back and dig through archives, really???

Yeah, I will do a lot to expose the fact that you have no idea what you are talking about so I don't have to read you and any other homer from Clarendon talk about the up swing of your football program.

You still havnt answered my question about your new coach. Honestly it doesn't surprise me that YOU think that guy would have made a good coach even though he was actively trying to destroy it from the inside.

I thought you were all about the kids? Is that what's good for the kids and the program? I'm almost sure at this point that you are Panel.

Maybe not but think before you type. SMH

MomaLion

Lmbo, yea ok, I'm Pannell...and you're an idiot if you believe that. As for seeing me talk up my Lions, get over it because I'm here to stay. As for kissing the new coach's butt, not gonna happen...I will be 100% supportive however.

Lions84

In the Fall Football hopes spring eternal and I expect the Lions to claw out 6 wins.

Lions84

Well I was down on the River a week or two back and the talent is their they just need to set egos and pride aside, and become Lions . There is No I in TEAM. 

jbtiger73

How many do the Lions have playing so far. Or are some still vacationing?

Lions84

jbtiger73

Was that jr high or sr high? I hope the coaches convinced the sophomores to come on out. Because they will heavily be relied on for them this year

Lions84

I did not ask, I just stopped for a minute or two counted the kids and drove on.

jbtiger73

We have a few more than that out. Quite a few new guys as well. And others that finally decided to come out after the season we had last season.

big E

Jb for a district that is losing kids y'all sure get alot of move ins that play football.

jbtiger73

That doesn't have anything to do with the team. There are other students there besides the ones on the team. Besides, we've been losing kids for years, and still have made the playoffs the last four years. So I don't see how that applies.

big E

You have made the playoffs 3 and don't be so sensitive.

jbtiger73

Im not being sensitive. Just stating the facts. Also, district also means elementary school as well. We've definitely lost kids there. Thats where the majority of the losses come from. Alot end up in mccrory for some reason. Mostly white kids. I guess it's some kinda connection there or something.

Cheek

Quote from: jbtiger73 on August 16, 2015, 11:22:40 am
Im not being sensitive. Just stating the facts. Also, district also means elementary school as well. We've definitely lost kids there. Thats where the majority of the losses come from. Alot end up in mccrory for some reason. Mostly white kids. I guess it's some kinda connection there or something.

Yes, a connection or something
like that. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas