• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren vs Ft. Smith Southside @ UAPB Hooten's Classic Tuesday 9/3/14

Started by AirWarren, February 13, 2014, 03:02:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lions84

Baitshop

AirWarren

I suspect Warren will be in the game. But lose it in the 2nd half unless we score every drive. SS fresh legs may overcome us.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: LJ06 on August 02, 2014, 12:05:45 am

The slower one has had a history of poor decision making
The faster one happens to be one of your D1 receivers

Take the faster one and make him the QB.  Shades of Bret Smith doing the same in 02'ish.

Romeo

I'm personally tired of us starting out 0-3. I want to see us win all three non-conference games. We had the opportunity to beat Fayetteville last year if it wasn't for the injuries. We can beat Southside.

LJ06

Quote from: Romeo on August 03, 2014, 08:18:48 am
I'm personally tired of us starting out 0-3. I want to see us win all three non-conference games. We had the opportunity to beat Fayetteville last year if it wasn't for the injuries. We can beat Southside.

I think all of us are. I'd at least like to win even one lol.

AirWarren

Baitshop

Well, this years Rebel team is young, small, and a bit less athletic that they have been in the recent past, so this may be Warrens year to knock off one of the 7A big boys...

LJ06

Quote from: Baitshop on August 03, 2014, 01:53:27 pm
Well, this years Rebel team is young, small, and a bit less athletic that they have been in the recent past, so this may be Warrens year to knock off one of the 7A big boys...

Still won't catch us saying anything other than SS will win lol

AirWarren

zebradynasty

IF Warren is going to continue to play the bigger schools each year they may need to look into changing their conditioning program. Seems like when we played them a few years back they had a few players getting injured during the game. Not saying they are not in condition may need to focus on more strength, flexibility, endurance or combinations of the three.

AirWarren

Quote from: zebradynasty on August 03, 2014, 02:39:11 pm
IF Warren is going to continue to play the bigger schools each year they may need to look into changing their conditioning program. Seems like when we played them a few years back they had a few players getting injured during the game. Not saying they are not in condition may need to focus on more strength, flexibility, endurance or combinations of the three.

That Warren team(s) that pine bluff beat were mediocre at best. Not hembrees best talent years.

Honestly. I think we held up better against y'all due to poor attitude, low talent and poor effort. Lay over and die attitude.

7AFBFAN

Is this year's Warren team supposed to be better than last years? I noticed they had 19 starters returning last year and 12 this year with a new QB. I figure this years Rebels defense will be about like Fayetteville last year or a little better. Offense is all new so may not be able to score much in 7A.

LJ06

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on August 03, 2014, 06:29:29 pm
Is this year's Warren team supposed to be better than last years? I noticed they had 19 starters returning last year and 12 this year with a new QB. I figure this years Rebels defense will be about like Fayetteville last year or a little better. Offense is all new so may not be able to score much in 7A.

Fayetteville was kinda the same way last year starting out I believe. Pretty decent defense but a lot of new faces on offense. Warren probably had a better team last year. We bring a lot back, but then again we lost several key playmakers.

LJ06

I'll put it this way. Offense will be stronger if a QB breaks through. Defense won't be as strong.

7AFBFAN

I think it will be a great game. Warren will need to keep the score low I think to win. Maybe something like 14-10.

Razorback Red

As good as Warren is (I picked them to win 4A title this year), they should not win the game.  I think it will be very close, but I expect overall size and depth of SS to prevail in the end.

I say 27-24 SS.

zebradynasty

Quote from: AirWarren on August 03, 2014, 06:03:53 pm
Quote from: zebradynasty on August 03, 2014, 02:39:11 pm

That Warren team(s) that pine bluff beat were mediocre at best. Not hembrees best talent years.

Honestly. I think we held up better against y'all due to poor attitude, low talent and poor effort. Lay over and die attitude.

I am not sure what you meant but I agree that Warren wasn't real talented those years. The issue I saw was there was a lot plays in which Warren kid's were on the sidelines injured. Those years PB was not the smash mouth team it has been recently. Then I keep hearing about all the injuries Warren received last year vs. Fayettville. Tough luck or a need to rethink conditioning? I dunno but if it happens this year I would say y'all definitely need to look into it.

Superjack45

I do think most injuries was due to turf against the purple dogs, you have to have shorter cleats to play on turf effectively. You can play in regular cleats but run a risk of leg,knee and ankle injuries on turf, but by saying that I really hope their bodies will stand up this year. We don't have as much depth that we had last year.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Superjack45 on August 04, 2014, 11:17:22 am
I do think most injuries was due to turf against the purple dogs, you have to have shorter cleats to play on turf effectively. You can play in regular cleats but run a risk of leg,knee and ankle injuries on turf, but by saying that I really hope their bodies will stand up this year. We don't have as much depth that we had last year.
you said you could raise the money for turf witha few phone calls. make one call and buy those young men some turf shoes.

Romeo

The injuries with Fayetteville last year had nothing to do with conditioning. They were all either turf related or caused by horse collar tackles.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Romeo on August 04, 2014, 11:24:44 am
The injuries with Fayetteville last year had nothing to do with conditioning. They were all either turf related or caused by horse collar tackles.

Ok but that sounds a little...suspect.

Big Fan

Quote from: Oldman on August 04, 2014, 11:19:35 am
you said you could raise the money for turf witha few phone calls. make one call and buy those young men some turf shoes.
Apparently those phone calls are not getting returned.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Big Fan on August 04, 2014, 11:29:50 am
or the phone numbers were saved on the ipad?

phdefense

Quote from: Romeo on August 04, 2014, 11:24:44 am
From watching the game. Warren's players were not used to the "low tackling" technique that Fayetteville uses.

OLDSCHOOL82

It could also be called " We played a team with a lot more size and depth than us and we got tired and when that happens sometimes injuries occur!"

Big Fan

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on August 04, 2014, 11:41:53 am
It could also be called " We played a team with a lot more size and depth than us and we got tired and when that happens sometimes injuries occur!"
Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

DogsWin7

Quote from: Oldman on August 04, 2014, 11:33:14 am
Quote from: Big Fan on August 04, 2014, 11:29:50 am
or the phone numbers were saved on the ipad?
etch a sketch? 

zebradynasty

IF you are going to play teams that have a lot more size and lot more depth then you have to change your conditioning regimen. For example how does GW beat larger schools all the time? Good coaching and good conditioning. Bo is not quite as good as Jones but there's not a huge amount of difference between them either so the answer would seem to be change your conditioning program and Warren should be able to pull it off these Big vs small match up every now and then.

Lionheart88

LJ06

Big Fan

Quote from: zebradynasty on August 04, 2014, 12:10:06 pm

IF you are going to play teams that have a lot more size and lot more depth then you have to change your conditioning regimen. For example how does GW beat larger schools all the time? Good coaching and good conditioning. Bo is not quite as good as Jones but there's not a huge amount of difference between them either so the answer would seem to be change your conditioning program and Warren should be able to pull it off these Big vs small match up every now and then.
The fact that GW has twice as many players as Warren might be a factor.

DogsWin7

That and they are born with footballs in their hands.   They live, eat and breathe FB, it's not called title town for nothing.

Big Fan

DogsWin7

Quote from: Big Fan on August 04, 2014, 01:48:28 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on August 04, 2014, 01:47:13 pm
That and they are born with footballs in their hands. 
Must be some tuff Mommas in GW.
There are....I know some of them personally.   :) 

OLDSCHOOL82

zebradynasty

Quote from: Big Fan on August 04, 2014, 01:44:51 pm

The fact that GW has twice as many players as Warren might be a factor.

Here's the deal....there is nothing either school can do about the numbers. It is what it is! If Warren (OR ANY SMALL SCHOOL) is going to use the no depth, no size, injuries excuse when these larger schools beat them then that's the reason why these match ups happen so rarely. In fact I say the shouldn't! There should be a rule of not playing a team no more than 2 classes larger.

Jimbo Morphis

the next rule you will have to make is forcing a 3a or 4a team to play warren in a noconference game. like mcgehee was in the 1980's and earlt 90's it is hard for bo to fill the first 3 games.

7AFBFAN

I don't think this thread was intended to bash any program. If you would have gone to the game last year and realize most of the injuries came way before depth or conditioning would normally factor you might have a different view. I saw a sideline with 30 players give one with 100 plus all they wanted.

Baitshop

It ain't how many you got....it's how good are the ones that you have and how bad do you want it

zebradynasty

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on August 04, 2014, 02:23:09 pm
I don't think this thread was intended to bash any program. If you would have gone to the game last year and realize most of the injuries came way before depth or conditioning would normally factor you might have a different view. I saw a sideline with 30 players give one with 100 plus all they wanted.

I certainly did not intend to sound as if I was bashing Warren. Let's not twist anything I am not saying Warren was out of shape simply that IF they are going to continue to play schools that are much larger and they continue to have injuries when they do...they might want to re-examine their conditioning regimen. Otherwise, I don't really want to hear every year about how we got tired, or their size wore you out or we didn't have enough depth!   

LJ06

Quote from: Baitshop on August 04, 2014, 02:35:35 pm
It ain't how many you got....it's how good are the ones that you have and how bad do you want it

Oh you've done it now

Jimbo Morphis

LJ06

All I can tell you guys is last year Warren had two games that had significant injuries. Both games the injuries mounted up early and both games were on turf.

LJ06

Quote from: Oldman on August 04, 2014, 02:50:30 pm
Quote from: LJ06 on August 04, 2014, 02:47:04 pm
Quote from: Baitshop on August 04, 2014, 02:35:35 pm

Oh you've done it now
sigh

Gotta have heart. It's all about having more heart.

7AFBFAN

Quote from: zebradynasty on August 04, 2014, 02:46:04 pm

I certainly did not intend to sound as if I was bashing Warren. Let's not twist anything I am not saying Warren was out of shape simply that IF they are going to continue to play schools that are much larger and they continue to have injuries when they do...they might want to re-examine their conditioning regimen. Otherwise, I don't really want to hear every year about how we got tired, or their size wore you out or we didn't have enough depth!

No prob zd. In general the depth factor is relevant. I'm the case of what I saw last year it didn't appear to be depth. I didn't see Fayetteville subbing that much either. I do agree 2 classes would be a good limit but with Warrens athletes they could be an exception.

zebradynasty

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on August 04, 2014, 02:58:01 pm
Quote from: zebradynasty on August 04, 2014, 02:46:04 pm

No prob zd. In general the depth factor is relevant. I'm the case of what I saw last year it didn't appear to be depth. I didn't see Fayetteville subbing that much either. I do agree 2 classes would be a good limit but with Warrens athletes they could be an exception.

It's not like I don't like a good David vs Goliath game every now and then but don't schedule it and then complain about the difference in size, depth, injuries but don't want to do anything about it. I did not see the game so I can only comment on what is posted. It is possible that Warren may have had trouble adjusting to the turf. I would have thought the turf would have helped Warren generally it makes fast teams faster.   

phdefense

Okay ZD it's obvious you didn't watch the game. So I ask. How does Warren better condition their ankles to not sprain when getting rolled?

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: phdefense on August 04, 2014, 03:19:45 pm

Okay ZD it's obvious you didn't watch the game. So I ask. How does Warren better condition their ankles to not sprain when getting rolled?

Anti sprain workouts of course.

LJ06

Turf can make the game faster, but it always seems to give us injury bugs. I'm guessing since we rarely play on it. It is easier to roll an ankle, hurt a knee on turf or get the dreaded turf toe.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas