• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cross country season is getting underway

Started by RATTLER43, August 31, 2009, 07:51:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 27, 2009, 10:09:34 pm<br />dermott next then 2 of theese 3 (p-w, hughes, or marvell) then carlisle then the other 1 of the 3 above then clarendon. So they shouldnt be challanged again til those pesky hairy cows come to town.<br />
had this wrong, its dermott, p-w, then carlisle.

RATTLER43

Wow. Would not have expected it. Who did you lose from last year? You guys seemed primed for a run this year, I thought.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

lost quiet abit,  thought we had it replaced, but not real sure right now.

RATTLER43

May have to give 'em half a season to gel.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

i hope that butt kickin they got friday will help nudge them in the right direction.

RATTLER43

Wow. Great day in practice. Kids really got after it. Love days like today.

vbtrackstar87

RATTLER43

Cherono? Cox? Kerth?  Full results, where can I get them?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

des arc's jr. girls got 9th at the wampus cat invit.

RATTLER43

Saw that. Got a good 9th grader and a bunch of junior high good runners.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

were you there?

they will be @ russellville this sat.

RATTLER43

No. Saw stats online. We will be at Mansfield.

Good luck.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: RATTLER43 on October 02, 2009, 05:14:36 pm<br />No. Saw stats online. We will be at Mansfield.<br /><br />Good luck.<br />

good luck to yall too!

RATTLER43

We had our finest day this season!  I am so excited. Got runner-up to Ft. Smith southside by 2 points. I think Greenwood and Alma were third and fourth. My boy Travis won with 17:42 unofficially. Personal bests from 7 runners today. Jr. Girls won again. Official results to be posted later.

How did the Russellville meet turn out?

RHS

RATTLER, I'll try and get a picture from SI up here sometime. It goes back to running in the mud. In a meet in Oregon, they had a water tanker over turn or something and flood a course with 6000 gallons of water. In the picture, some kid is in up to his neck.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: RATTLER43 on October 03, 2009, 02:16:02 pm<br />We had our finest day this season!  I am so excited. Got runner-up to Ft. Smith southside by 2 points. I think Greenwood and Alma were third and fourth. My boy Travis won with 17:42 unofficially. Personal bests from 7 runners today. Jr. Girls won again. Official results to be posted later. <br /><br />How did the Russellville meet turn out?<br /><br /><br />

congrats to you and your team rattler.

i havnt heard anything on russellville.

ABâ„¢

Quote from: RATTLER43 on October 03, 2009, 02:16:02 pm
We had our finest day this season!  I am so excited. Got runner-up to Ft. Smith southside by 2 points. I think Greenwood and Alma were third and fourth. My boy Travis won with 17:42 unofficially. Personal bests from 7 runners today. Jr. Girls won again. Official results to be posted later.

How did the Russellville meet turn out?

Congrats.  I don't know what my brother said his time was, but he had his best finish ever finishing 6th, and our #1 finished 4th.  It'd help if the gap between our 1-2 and 3-4 weren't so big.

RATTLER43

Great conditions for a race. Cool temps (high 50's), no wind, clear and sunny. Wish it were that way for all races. Only about 50 or 60 runners in senior boys with Russellville meet and local half marathon/marathon going on on same day as this race. Junior high had about 15 to 20 schools, though.

That is how Southside got us. We went 1-3-8-21, and 30 for our top 5 runners. I know SS 3 thru 6 runners ran as a pack and each finished between 9th and 16th.

As soon as results are found I will post them.

RATTLER43

http://www.directathletics.com/results/xc/2268.html

Times look fantastic at RussVegas meet. Lake Hamilton edged Rville, Clarksville, and Catholic in Sr. Boys. Des Arc had 8th place finish.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: RATTLER43 on October 03, 2009, 03:54:44 pm<br /><a href="http://www.directathletics.com/results/xc/2268.html"; class="bbc_link new_win" target="_blank">http://www.directathletics.com/results/xc/2268.html</a><br /><br />Times look fantastic at RussVegas meet. Lake Hamilton edged Rville, Clarksville, and Catholic in Sr. Boys. Des Arc had 8th place finish.<br />
d.a.'s 8th place finsh wasnt bad i dont guess considering the teams ahead of them, i didnt see any small schools ahead of them. looked like they ran our best 9th grader in the sr. group, prob would have done better if she doesnt move up.

thanks for the link.

RATTLER43

Agreed. I always train my 9th graders with senior high but wait to move them up until after junior high conference meet. But he may need to develop the chemistry early. Tell him Acorn is the real deal. Trinity will be good as well.

RATTLER43

October 04, 2009, 02:16:03 pm #172 Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 07:38:11 pm by RATTLER43
Rattler 43 Week 4 CC Poll

1/2A GIRLS   
1  Acorn     
2  Des Arc       
3  Trinity Christian     
4  Magazine   
5  Greers Ferry

1/2A BOYS   
1  Magazine   :)
2  Trinity Christian     
3  Crowley's Ridge Academy     
4  Eureka Springs 
5  Caddo Hills

3A BOYS       
1  Elkins     
2  Green Forest   
3  Mountainburg   
4  Genoa Central     
5  Harding Academy   

4A BOYS     
1  Heber Springs   
2  DeQueen   
3  Shiloh Christian   
4  Huntsville     
5  Clarksville (don't sleep on these guys)

5A BOYS     
1  Siloam Springs
2  Vilonia   
3  Greene County Tech     
4  Harrison
5  Greenwood     

6A BOYS   
1  Lake Hamilton   
2  Sheridan 
3  Mountain Home   
4  Marion   
5  Searcy   

7A BOYS         
1  Rogers 
2  Bentonville   
3  Conway 
4  Fayetteville 
5  Russellville 

RATTLER43

I borrowed from Arkansastrackstats poll because I agree with most of it. Left girls out except my classification because I am not knowledgeable enough to make a poll of them.

I put Rogers boys #1 until a team beats them at state some year.

Class 4A boys' top three are even.

Cedarville and Dover girls will represent our area well at state.

Elkins and Grace Heymsfield will be good and great.

UALR11

We mixed it w/ some pretty good teams at Louisville this weekend.  Things to note.

-Link http://www.uoflsports.com/sports/m-xc/stats/2009-2010/glcmensgoldresults.html

- Aaron Batey had a stout race as our #1

- we get our Kenyan back for Chile pepper he would have scored us 20 points taking of our 170 from Barrett and I.(putting us in atleast 5th, edging out conf. rival Middle Tenn.)

- Got Boxed in hard for 2 miles the pack was ridiculous, like a 2 mile stampede. 

-we blow away the B. race:) haha
http://alltraxtiming.homestead.com/GLXC_men_blue_rez.htm

-  We dont get boxed everyone finishes much MUCH higher per person...we had to shoot wide on the first turn due to start position

-  Brian Giken, transfer, showed up big as did Johnny P.

- Every Runner in that race was solid

RATTLER43

Looks good. Why was he out so long?

Boxed in for that long is rough on stride. Hopefully, no injuries from getting chopped.

Where is Giken from?

Keep it up. You guys are gonna be great at the regionals and at conference. I will look for you at the chile pepper.

vbtrackstar87

He is a transfer in from UAPB.  But from kenya.

RHS

RATTLER, I'll have those pictures up in a minute. Had to use my camera to get them in the CPU and take seperate shots for each page, but I'll see what they look like.

RHS

As you can see on the left page, some kid is in up to his neck.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

::) ::) now thats funny!!!

didnt even notice him, till i read what you posted.

RATTLER43

Great pic. I love it. Gotta show my kids. My daughter just saw it and thought it was awesome.

RATTLER43

Now that is CC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VB, you're times are looking fantastic. Keep up the great work. Hope your season continues to be successful.

TROJANS

UALR11

I like the scroll bar you have there^:). 

Mountain Home will be racing at Greene County Tech this week, should show our girls power!  I've ran in one race like that RHS.  My Senior year.  I ran a whopping 17:41 for 5k, ALL OUT.  I fell twice, it was a blast.

RATTLER43

I will be checking the results to check on Eureka and CRA. MH girls should be rounding into state condition. They and LH should provide an amazing competition that day.

RATTLER43

Chili Pepper right around the corner. Who all is going?

UALR11

MH girls put top two in front of Batesville's Meizner yesterday at GCT.

RATTLER43

Wow. Impressive. Where can I find the results?

UALR11

RATTLER43

Do you know how Eureka and CRA boys performed? Eureka is in our conference and CRA is one of the main teams to be reckoned with in Class AA. We will get to see Eureka head to head but not CRA until state.

RATTLER43

http://www.stearnsracetiming.com/Results/Results%2009.htm

Pick_DA_EAGLES

des arc wil be @ the lake hamilton meet today.

RATTLER43

How did it go at LH?

We got runner-up at Greenwood. It was the most hilly course we have run in two years. Very good for us. My boy Travis won the individual title, my girls Katy and Logan won Sr. Girls/Jr. girls; my boy Carl was 2nd in jr. boys. Missing my #4 in senior boys. Others stepped it up. It's beginning to come together. My Jr. Girls finished three in top seven.

Great day. Hope yours was great as well.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

congrats on the great day for your team!

have not heard how d.a. did.

RATTLER43

Week 5 poll

I will go with Arkansastrackstats.com poll for all but Class AA cross country poll.

I also have Clarksville in top 5 in Class AAAA boys.

In AA, got to go with:
1  Acorn 2
3  Trinity
3  Magazine
4  Greers Ferry
5  Des Arc

In boys:
1  Magazine
2  Trinity
3  Caddo Hills
4  CRA
5  Eureka Springs

RATTLER43

http://arkansastrackstats.net/Documents/09CC%2020091013%202009%20Weekly%20Coaches%20Poll%20Ballot%20Summary%20Week%205%20for%20Web%20v2.htm

UALR11

Mountain Home held their meet meet on the home course last night.  Rogers was there.  Results to come later in the day!

UALR11

pottsville_fan

What happened to Pottsville cc?  Anyone know what they got this year?  Cant believe they have gone that far down hill since I graduated in 2000.

RATTLER43

You can go to Arkansastrackstats.com or directathletics.com to look up results to see about Pottsville. Yes, Billy Mills had developed a wonderful program.

MH meet results lead me to believe the course is a tough one. Looking forward to state meet.

pottsville_fan

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas