• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Junction City has a new coach

Started by Dragon#40, January 26, 2009, 05:56:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragon#40

Rumor has it Coach Allen resigned today and Coach Carpenter will be on the sidelines tomorrow @ Hampton ??? ???

Wilson

Any word on why?    Is this some sorta backlash from the number of teams in Dual State?    If so......I was always under the impression that the A.D. handled getting the teams in it........Of course this might have nothing to do with it.......any news D40 would help........I am out of the loop down here......

Dragon#40

Not sure , one of the players said they (team) had been trying to call him ,but they did not get an answer. I'm sure it will be the hot topic @ work tomorrow. I thought AD handled Dual State also, Coach Hux is being missed around here.

Wilson

Yeah......Coach Hux passing may have a lot to do with the number of teams in the tourney......

Dragon#40

January 27, 2009, 08:36:36 pm #4 Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 08:38:07 pm by Dragon#40
Still don't know the scoop, but i do knowthe boys really want him back. i'm not sure if that will happen. Wouldn't it be something if Coach Carpenter won a Championship in B-Ball  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Wilson

yes that would be something......I have my doubts though with all the stuff the kids are going through.........would of been like asking my dad to coach tennis I would think.......not sure how much experience Coach C has with basketball........I know Coach C will give it his all for the boys......the school......and the community.......He is that kinda man......plain and simple..... he has that kind of character........a very good coach.....but an even better man!!!!.......those are few and far between these days.     I wish him the best of luck!

RAD

jc defeated by hampton last night.  anyone have a clue why the coach resigned?

bleudog

January 28, 2009, 11:44:05 am #7 Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 01:51:37 pm by bleudog
CLICK HERE for El Dorado Times article that ran in Wednesday's paper.

RAD

maybe he didn't like purple all that much......  ???

gatecrasher

Why in the world would the coach of the top-ranked team in AA resign? Something stinks about this....

xtremewildcat

Quote from: RAD on January 28, 2009, 01:16:28 pm

Funny you said that. Do you want to elaborate on that?

bleudog

January 28, 2009, 01:40:16 pm #11 Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 01:52:55 pm by bleudog
Did Coach Allen's son play or was available to play last night in Hampton? 

From the newspaper articles about the other games, it sounded like Josh is having a pretty good season with rebounds and blocked shots.

RAD

Quote from: xtremewildcat on January 28, 2009, 01:29:33 pm

just a rumor i heard.  nothing to back it up. 

xtremewildcat

Quote from: RAD on January 28, 2009, 02:51:41 pm

I think I heard the same thing from a veeeeeeeery reliable source!!!

RAD

Quote from: xtremewildcat on January 28, 2009, 02:53:32 pm
Quote from: RAD on January 28, 2009, 02:51:41 pm

I think I heard the same thing from a veeeeeeeery reliable source!!!

think that my have just been the final straw though.

footballfan

i understand the son has transferred to Magnolia.

Dragon#40

Josh is gone to Magnolia. He was having a good season. He had seven blocks against Stephens. Most were shots in the paint, that could have made a difference in that game.

About the purple or lack of purple thing, I knew of that, but I was not gonna put it out there. It's kinda crazy especially if you know where the funds came from. It's getting crazy down here.

bleudog

January 28, 2009, 05:28:57 pm #17 Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 09:33:42 am by bleudog
Quote from: footballfan on January 28, 2009, 04:10:06 pm

Quote from: Dragon#40 on January 28, 2009, 05:14:26 pm
Josh is gone to Magnolia. He was having a good season. He had seven blocks against Stephens. Most were shots in the paint, that could have made a difference in that game.

I was thinking Mrs. Allen was pretty high up in the administration at SAU-Magnolia when Coach Allen took the JC job, so the Magnolia move makes sense.

Sorry to hear about the loss of both the coach and his son.  I saw the kid play last year and he looked like he had potential once he grew into his frame. 

I don't know the man, but with Allen's coaching background when he came on board, he certainly looked at that time to be a step in the right direction.  Getting to the semi-finals last year (without James Anderson) and generating the record his team had this year (without James Anderson) was commendable.

RAD

Quote from: bleudog on January 28, 2009, 05:28:57 pm
Quote from: footballfan on January 28, 2009, 04:10:06 pm

I was thinking Mrs. Allen was pretty high up in the administration at SAU-Magnolia when Coach Allen took the JC job, so the Magnolia move makes sense.

Sorry to hear about the loss of both the coach and his son.  I saw the kid play last year and he looked like he had potential once he grew into his frame. 

I don't know the man, but with Allen's coaching background when he came on board, he certainly looked at that time to be a step in the right direction.  Getting to the semi-finals last year and generating the record his team had this year (without James Anderson to rely on) was commendable.

i don't know the man either but walking out on your team during the season, whatever the reason, makes me question what kind of person he is.  i can't think of too many things that would justify that.

nickel

fill the rest of us in on the dislike of purple. I'm sooooo confused!!!!!

Wilson

About the purple or lack of purple thing, I knew of that, but I was not gonna put it out there. It's kinda crazy especially if you know where the funds came from. It's getting crazy down here.

I had heard something about this from another coach that is familiar with the situation ......we both agreed that is a crazy issue if that is the reason for him leaving.......It just sounds so "out there" if that is the real reason for him resigning.......who knows.....I figure the whole story will come out eventually......at this point does it really matter?.....He is no longer there.......just hope Coach C. can keep the team together.

suprstr30

i dont really have a clue, just making a guess here...  did they get new BLACK uniforms or something with very little or no purple and somebody in the admin make them not use them or send them back????  only thing that makes ANY kind of sense regarding this "purple" issue.

RAD

Quote from: suprstr30 on January 29, 2009, 08:13:59 am
i dont really have a clue, just making a guess here...  did they get new BLACK uniforms or something with very little or no purple and somebody in the admin make them not use them or send them back????  only thing that makes ANY kind of sense regarding this "purple" issue.

ding, ding, ding.  tell him what he's won jim........  a brand new, 2009 deluxe purple and gold, warm-up suit courtesy of the booster club.

didn't walk out on team. was fixing to get lynched by community for the dual State fiasco. Too much revunue from this event and most funds used to support non revenue generating athletics. Allen wanted complete control of Dual state, he got it and fumbled the ball.

brock

Quote from: 0041016 on January 29, 2009, 10:06:42 am
didn't walk out on team. was fixing to get lynched by community for the dual State fiasco. Too much revunue from this event and most funds used to support non revenue generating athletics. Allen wanted complete control of Dual state, he got it and fumbled the ball.

That is stupid.  It sounds like this man was a good coach and his record was impressive.  A tournament gone down hill shouldn't justify a coach leaving.  I mean really it's just a tournament, that has nothing to do with his coaching ability or ability to put a good team on the floor night in night out.

bleudog

January 29, 2009, 10:34:00 am #25 Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 11:06:23 am by bleudog
No new info, but here's what ran in the ADG:  CLICK HERE

Quote from: Wilson on January 28, 2009, 11:27:44 pm......just hope Coach C. can keep the team together.

Good point.

This Dragon team has shown so far they could hang with some of the best teams in the area.  The ADG has thought they could hang with the best 2A teams in the state.

Move forward and bring home another piece of hardware.

Good luck to the Dragons.

Wilson

When the majority of JC's athletic budget comes from this tourney it makes it a little more important......so to JC its not "Just" a basketball tourney.

The thing is a previous post said the coach wanted control and fumbled the ball......I don't know Coach Allen....have never met him.......and I am not defending what he did......but......I know a few basketball coaches from South Arkansas/North Louisiana......and I was told that Allen was not in charge of it.....and that he was not the contact for the tourney.....that everytime they called about it....they were referred to the AD...........

Who knows......and at this point who cares.......just support Coach Carpenter and the kids......

gatecrasher

Does DC have any kind of basketball background?

RAD

Quote from: gatecrasherfan on January 29, 2009, 02:01:43 pm

i heard zero.  this has the potential to be a disaster.  hopefully for the kids sake they can come together and finish a great season.

Wilson

Well I thought the same thing........the thing is he has already started with the baseball team I figure......he gave up basketball and stayed with baseball for a reason....I think he likes coaching baseball more than basketball.....

With the basketball team being as good as they are I feel sure they would play into the early part of baseball season....and if games are set to be played on the same day it would cause conflict.....

bleudog

January 29, 2009, 04:38:26 pm #31 Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 10:09:22 pm by bleudog
Quote from: gatecrasherfan on January 29, 2009, 02:01:43 pm

If Coach Carpenter has the same philosophy concerning passing in basketball as he does in football, this could be an interesting rest of the season. :o  ;D

suprstr30

January 29, 2009, 04:49:08 pm #32 Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 02:25:11 am by suprstr30
Quote from: RAD on January 29, 2009, 09:11:17 am
Quote from: suprstr30 on January 29, 2009, 08:13:59 am

ding, ding, ding.  tell him what he's won jim........  a brand new, 2009 deluxe purple and gold, warm-up suit courtesy of the booster club.

ok, certianly the guy didnt quit b/c the boosters bought him brand new uniforms and they were purple (which in case he didnt know are the school colors).  I dont know the guy but would bet that is certianly not the reason and if it is then this guy shouldnt be hired on anywhere coaching for the rest of his life!

mamadragon

Wilson

January 31, 2009, 12:07:42 am #34 Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 12:16:49 am by Wilson
mama........I don't care........but answer me this.....how do you know what I was told during a conversation between me and another person?    Do you have a live link to my phone or something?    Would be nice if you wouldnt be so vague as to what I am wrong about also.......Maybe you saying I was wrong to get all the fans to support coach Carpenter and the team.......kinda funny about all the people posting on this and you pick me out to say I am wrong......Thats ok though.......I know why I seem to get you all fired up.......

I will say again......a coach.....was told to talk to the AD....not the basketball coach.....This was told to me.....I heard it "Correctly" from him and repeated it "Correctly as it was told to me".....if he was told wrong by the people he was in contact with I cant help you.....So...I am relaying what I was told.....not what I guess.....so.....I am not wrong.....I repeated what I was told.    I know the coach well.....he is a good guy.....and he is disappointed just as I am about the fact that there are very few teams in the tourney...it may be the main reason his team is not in it this year..........now if he gets 2 different stories from the people up there then that just means this is a bigger mess than most want to admit...

I just feel bad for the school and the kids there.....I know how much the school depends on that tourney.     Maybe next year it will be back to the number of teams that the folks from JC are used to.

bleudog

January 31, 2009, 10:24:01 am #35 Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 10:56:20 am by bleudog
Quote from: 0041016 on January 29, 2009, 02:16:12 pm
as interim??

Quote from: Wilson on January 29, 2009, 02:30:15 pmWell I thought the same thing........the thing is he has already started with the baseball team I figure......he gave up basketball and stayed with baseball for a reason....I think he likes coaching baseball more than basketball.....

With the basketball team being as good as they are I feel sure they would play into the early part of baseball season....and if games are set to be played on the same day it would cause conflict.....
Wilson, don't know what mama d is posting about, but guess you and 004 were referring to Hammett.

The administration should not have allowed anybody to head coach both basketball and baseball in '06 or '07 and shouldn't make the same mistake in '09.  As you pointed out, the sports can easily overlap and both teams can suffer.

Of course what coach in his right mind would have given up the head basketball coach job when he had JA on his team.   Having had the services of JA for two years (playoffs '04 and full season '05) and not getting a state title probably factored into JPH holding on to both baseball and basketball.  That would give JPH use of one of the best high school players to ever come through Arkansas two more years and the hope of getting at least one 2A state championship before JA graduated.  If JC had won the title in JA's junior year ('06), it would have been interesting to see if JPH might have concentrated on baseball only one year earlier.   Now JPH's son being a first year player on the '07 basketball team might also have had an impact on when JPH went baseball only.

bleudog

February 01, 2009, 12:51:43 pm #36 Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 11:39:05 am by bleudog
CLICK HERE for Coach Allen's response in El Dorado News-Times.  (It's at the bottom of the article.)

I had heard that the letters that went out last year about the '09 Dual State tournament had the wrong dates on them leading to scheduling problems for possible participants.  Anybody else hear this?

Missco

Everyone knows that Coach Allen  is not the reason for the tournaments demise. Those wheels were turning long before he got to JC.

Wilson

Bluedogs post with Allen's interview kinda goes back to what I was told by the coach who didnt bring his team.......He said he was told to talk to the AD and that it was hard to get in touch with him....(in his defense.....he was very busy during the fall).......but it seemed to that coach that nobody was the one to talk to for the final word on the tourney...........Lets just hope they get a good turnout next year.    That tourney is important to JC.....big time!....

mamadragon

IBM

How so?  If you think you know the full story; then state it....otherwise, a "he's lying" is not worth anything ::)

mamadragon

enough for some.  whole story, where is there any part of a whole story in the entire thread.

IBM

???????????
You're the one that apparently knows the full story...if you do; state it....if not, stop posting this "enough for some" crap.....Bottom line is that somebody at JC screwed the pooch on Dual State this year....I know for a fact what JC netted on the last 2 Dual States; I also know that this year's take was not a tenth of that... 8)

gatecrasher

bleudog

gatecrasher

darn-I'm posting on my phone and can't click on links man. I'll get to a PC and check later.

bleudog

Quote from: gatecrasherfan on February 13, 2009, 10:00:29 am
darn-I'm posting on my phone and can't click on links man. I'll get to a PC and check later.

Quote from: bleudog on February 01, 2009, 12:58:07 pm
Guess it was too late for the paper, but JC did get the win over Strong to win the '09 Dual State title.

Haynesville took the consolation game over Fordyce.  Fordyce kids showed a lot of heart.  They only had 6 players.  Game went to one OT period.

No extra activity in the stands this year.  Other than the fact the JC girls got trounced, a really good night of small high school basketball.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas