• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UCA Campus Locked Down For Shooting

Started by airitout, October 26, 2008, 10:03:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

airitout

KATV said they dont know many details other than there has been a shooting on the UCA campus and it is locked down.

Quite Frankly

Who all do we have that posts here that goes there?  I know there are several for sure.  We'll all wish for the best and wait to hear news.

ScaryLarry

airitout

You know, this is really sad. What is this world coming to?

AllSmiles

I really hope no one was hurt. I know a lot of people that attend UCA.

SMC

There are a lot of UCA people that post here. Doesn't seem to be any specific info on the news.

CardsQB12

October 26, 2008, 10:23:21 pm #6 Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 10:25:41 pm by CardsQB12
Talking to a friend of mine at UCA on Facebook...he says two are dead and one is injured.

Texarkana_Piggie

my neice goes there but does not live on campus.  when did this happen?

airitout

Tonight. KATV said they had a crew on the way as the 10 pm news came on.

R. A.™

UCA web has nothing and no one seems to know what or how it happen

Do we know if UCA students were involved?

SandLizard04

October 26, 2008, 10:52:44 pm #12 Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 11:13:51 pm by Ramblin' Man™
As far as I know, nobody knows many details about what is going on. I saw on the Demozette where apparently there was some sort of "campus emergency alert" sent out on campus email and text messages....BS. At least I nor anyone I know here as gotten any such thing.

Here's what I know:
-There are fatalaties. I've heard anywhere from 2 to 5.
-In addition, there are some injuries
-It happened in front of either State Hall or Arkansas Hall, in the middle of campus
-It happened sometime between 9:30 and 10:00pm
-The campus is on lockdown and we can't leave our rooms
-Our cell phone use is apparently disrupted (I'm having trouble calling and texting)
-There are four suspects; at least one is in custody

No one that I know is aware of anything else right now.

Here are some of the UCA student posters:
Myself
iamonepointsevenfive
el_CaC
Jacket Pride
rabsfan
hb14lh
Cats Pride

I know there are a lot of others and forgive me if I left you off but my mind's all over the place right now.

Fox16's newscast will come on after the game, maybe they'll have some info on there.

thebigshot

airitout

Just talked to my cousin whos boyfriend attends UCA. She said that he told her they just pulled two stretchers out of Arkansas hall (I think it was) and some out of an alley between some dorms. One the guy was alive, the other the body was completely covered (the ones coming out of the hall).

SandLizard04

EDIT: There's going to be some sort of presser at UCA. Watch FOX 16 for more info.

SandLizard04

Campus e-mail is down, so there's no way to get any official information.

hb14lh

Hey guys, just want to let yall know I go to UCA and there is still tons of cop cars outside my window. They haven't told us much but from what I have heard there was a drive-by shooting with 3 people shot and 2 of which are dead. I`ll try to keep yall posted.

thebigshot

KATV reported that 1 is dead. two is injuired.

SandLizard04

October 26, 2008, 11:03:45 pm #19 Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 11:10:16 pm by Ramblin' Man™
Here's a map. The shooting happened somewhere in the vacinity of State Hall, Snow Fine Arts Building, and/or Arkansas Hall.

RD™

TW, there saying something about another shooting at Fox Run Apartments?

SandLizard04

This is a very isolated incident. I've been at UCA since 2004 and this is the first time there's been anything even close to like this happening.

hb14lh

This is from my UCA e-mail:

The UCA Police Department is investigating a shooting that occurred on
campus.  At present there are four suspects.  One suspect is in custody.

THE CAMPUS IS CLOSED.  ALL HOUSING FACILITIES ARE RESTRICTED TO
RESIDENTS ONLY.

Lieutenant Jeremy Crabb
Commander, Support Services Division
University of Central Arkansas Police Department

SandLizard04

October 26, 2008, 11:09:17 pm #23 Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 11:11:09 pm by Ramblin' Man™
Quote from: RD™ on October 26, 2008, 11:04:33 pm
Yeah I just heard about that, too. I haven't seen that confirmed anywhere.

CAC, do you live there or Stadium Park?
Hunter, don't you live in one of those apartment complexes too?

cheap seats

The shooting occurred in the alley between Arkansas Hall and SFA (across from State Hall) from what I have gathered. 

SandLizard04

October 26, 2008, 11:16:06 pm #25 Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 11:17:47 pm by Ramblin' Man™
Updates from KLRT, Fox 16:

-Call around 9:52 about shots fired by Snow Fine Arts and Arkansas Hall
-3 shot; 1 killed, 2 hospitalized; not known whether they were students or not
-Campus is on "restricted access," meaning only students are being allowed in at police checkpoints
-Students are encouraged to stay in their rooms
-No one is in custody (contradicting previous reports)
-UCAPD and Conway PD are searching the city
-No motive known yet
-More updates in about an hour

allconfrenceuncle49

My cousin goes there and i dont know if he lived on or off campus.  I hope he is ok and that they catch whoever did this

hb14lh

They just announced there are no classes tomorrow.

rabs_fan4life

Quote from: Ramblin' Man™ on October 26, 2008, 11:09:17 pm
Quote from: RD™ on October 26, 2008, 11:04:33 pm
Yeah I just heard about that, too. I haven't seen that confirmed anywhere.

CAC, do you live there or Stadium Park?
Hunter, don't you live in one of those apartment complexes too?
Thank goodness....Those were the apartments I recently moved out of and now I live in Salem Park which isn't much better.  Not that I feel any more comfortable where I am at now, but for the moment it's a relief.  I am at my parents in Lonoke right now anways but it just hits home ya know.  Tobin I know it's gotta be nerve racking on campus right now, I would be freaking out if I still lived on campus.  Y'all stay safe and I'm praying for those involved.  This is very sad!

SandLizard04

Quote from: rabs_fan4life aka Mrs.Manningfan on October 26, 2008, 11:21:46 pm
Tobin I know it's gotta be nerve racking on campus right now, I would be freaking out if I still lived on campus.  Y'all stay safe and I'm praying for those involved.  This is very sad!
Meh, I feel safe. I'm inside my third story room.

I just hope no one else gets hurt.

rabs_fan4life

Quote from: Ramblin' Man™ on October 26, 2008, 11:23:41 pm
Tobin I know it's gotta be nerve racking on campus right now, I would be freaking out if I still lived on campus.  Y'all stay safe and I'm praying for those involved.  This is very sad!

Oh I'm certain you're safe I just know I would still feel on edge if I was still on campus no matter where I was.  This is definately making me not miss my days of Conway Hall...I really hope they find who ever did this.  I know it can happen any where at any time but it's just so easy to walk around thinking it will never be you or it will never happen here.  I never imagined anything like this at UCA.  More prayers!

iamonepointsevenfive

I was turnin onto campus when it happened. very scary.. hope everyone is ok

SandLizard04

Our cell phones aren't really working. Can't send texts or make calls most of the time.

Adam, I'll let you know whenever I find out anything.

airitout

Quote from: iamonepointsevenfive on October 26, 2008, 11:29:01 pm
I was turnin onto campus when it happened. very scary.. hope everyone is ok

Glad you made it back on campus ok.

cheap seats

Quote from: rabs_fan4life aka Mrs.Manningfan on October 26, 2008, 11:27:59 pm
I never imagined anything like this at UCA.  More prayers!

This happened right when I started at UCA back in the early 90's.  That was when they decided to restrict the campus.  Gates put up at all entrances, two guard house checkpoints open past dark.  Student ID required to enter campus.  It was that way for several years, I think the whole time I attended.

Wampus_Cat

Quote from: Ramblin' Man™ on October 26, 2008, 11:29:18 pm
Our cell phones aren't really working. Can't send texts or make calls most of the time.

Thanks, I've been calling nearly everyone I know.

When you graduate from Conway, you have a really good chance of knowing someone.

SandLizard04

October 26, 2008, 11:36:39 pm #37 Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 11:39:43 pm by Ramblin' Man™
Here's a UCA information hotline: 501.852.4636

Nothing we don't already know, but it might be worth calling every once in a while to see if there's anything new.

Also, it's gone national: http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/10/27/arkansas.shootings/index.html

The national networks might be your best bet for any new information throughout the night. Also, CNN confirmed that "One person died on the scene and the second died at Conway Regional Medical Center, a hospital spokesman said. The third person was in stable condition."

So there's at least 2 CONFIRMED dead.

hb14lh

Just had a buddy tell me he has a friend at Fox Run Apartments and 3 are dead there.

Wampus_Cat

Quote from: hb14lh on October 26, 2008, 11:39:44 pm
Just had a buddy tell me he has a friend at Fox Run Apartments and 3 are dead there.
It's true.

Happened near a friends apartment.

Fox Run can be sketchy but I think that it's probably more UCA students. The rumor is the victims on campus were residents of State hall.

The Reality is back...

You mean your third story CELL. lol.

thebigshot

Its been a bad week for central arkansas, losing Anne Pressly and now this has taking place. 

Stop The Violence

SandLizard04

Quote from: Agent of Chaos on October 26, 2008, 11:42:20 pm

You mean your third story CELL. lol.
Ha, true. But, it's a free private room. So no complaints. :)

Quote from: Women Without Whiskey 7/6 on October 26, 2008, 11:41:36 pm
It's true.

Fox Run can be sketchy but I think that it's probably more UCA students. The rumor is the victims on campus were residents of State hall.
So that's 3 in addition to the 3 that were shot by Arkansas Hall?

Wampus_Cat

Quote from: Ramblin' Man™ on October 26, 2008, 11:43:48 pm
Quote from: Women Without Whiskey 7/6 on October 26, 2008, 11:41:36 pm
It's true.

So that's 3 in addition to the 3 that were shot by Arkansas Hall?
That's what I've been told. I've gotten quite a few texts in about it.

hb14lh

Update:

3 men were arrested on Bernard Hall 3rd floor for breaking in.

Don't know anything else about this, but it wasn't the original shooters.

Wampus_Cat

So, If I had to guess...5 confirmed dead (not necessarily confirmed by the police) with one more shot (not necessarily dead).

I just heard there were new dead but I think that was just the Fox Run shootings.

I would assume they're connected, but perhaps not.

SandLizard04

October 26, 2008, 11:48:27 pm #47 Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 11:54:47 pm by Ramblin' Man™
Just now had sirens go by my window.

Hopefully the madness stops soon. Everyone out there in Conway be safe.

hb14lh

Quote from: Women Without Whiskey 7/6 on October 26, 2008, 11:46:56 pm
So, If I had to guess...5 confirmed dead (not necessarily confirmed by the police) with one more shot (not necessarily dead).

I just heard there were new dead but I think that was just the Fox Run shootings.

I would assume they're connected, but perhaps not.

4 confirmed, 3 from Fox Run, 1 from Campus, 2 more in the hospital

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Ramblin' Man™ on October 26, 2008, 11:29:18 pm

Not anything new, but the Cell phones not working is probably due to an overload of the network. I remember here in Vegas that Cellphones didn't work most of the night that the Tornado(s) tore apart Atkins and the other areas...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas