• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coaching Shake Up in Strong

Started by Leopard_Roar, July 14, 2008, 11:22:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Leopard_Roar

Heard Coach Vines is out and Langston back in. Also heard former Norphlet Assistant Coach Kitchens has joined the staff, any truth to all this?

Rida4Life

wow... sounds like Strong is having their share of problems in the offseason.  I heard one of their studs was kicked off the team a few weeks back?!?!

philip.seaton

Scorpiux

I sincerely hope the Bulldogs get it together before the season begins. I like the fact this program is on the rise.

bleudog

July 14, 2008, 09:54:23 pm #4 Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 07:26:56 am by bleudog
Quote from: Dragon I on June 09, 2008, 03:28:03 pm
They can go ahead and drop Strong due to outside circumstances.  Just talked to a LONG time Bulldog supporter that is as close to the team as you can get without being a coach, and he told me that Ford, (the RB/LB that carried them) is no longer on the team, and unless something drastic changes, he isn't coming back.  He is a great young man, and is really going through a lot right now.  He lost his mom, and 20 year old brother to myocardial infarction, and isn't handling it very well.  (what 16 year old kid would)  He really could use your prayers.

Philip,

Is Ford playing this year?  Didn't think I saw him mentioned in the Arkansas Sports 360 mag but he was mentioned in your Arkansas Business article on Langston.

footballpsycho1

i saw on another thread that he was havin a real hard time with a family death or somethin like that

bleudog

July 15, 2008, 10:22:11 am #6 Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 11:22:27 am by bleudog
Quote from: footballpsycho1 on July 15, 2008, 08:52:40 am
i saw on another thread that he was havin a real hard time with a family death or somethin like that

I quoted Dragon I's post from that other thread.

Saw Ford play last year in JC and he was a hoss on both sides of the ball up until what I think was a shoulder injury.  A healthy and focused Ford could have a major impact on Strong's conference seeding.

Hope he chooses and is able to play.  More importantly, prayers to help him deal with some major life challenges.

Have to wait for the rumor mill to help explain the Vines departure.  Langston had a good group of seniors in '06 and they helped him lay the ground work for a successful '07.  There was more than one 2A conference Strong would have finished first in last year.  The 2A-7 East just wasn't one of them.  It should be interesting for the Bulldogs in '08.  Good luck to Langston and the boys.

philip.seaton

Quote from: bleudog on July 14, 2008, 09:54:23 pm
They can go ahead and drop Strong due to outside circumstances.  Just talked to a LONG time Bulldog supporter that is as close to the team as you can get without being a coach, and he told me that Ford, (the RB/LB that carried them) is no longer on the team, and unless something drastic changes, he isn't coming back.  He is a great young man, and is really going through a lot right now.  He lost his mom, and 20 year old brother to myocardial infarction, and isn't handling it very well.  (what 16 year old kid would)  He really could use your prayers.

Philip,

Is Ford playing this year?  Didn't think I saw him mentioned in the Arkansas Sports 360 mag but he was mentioned in your Arkansas Business article on Langston.

Well he wasn't in the magazine because he wasn't mentioned on the preseason form. Had he been mentioned, he would have received a bit more ink than what he got. He will this season for sure. He's a special player.

bleudog

July 15, 2008, 04:49:16 pm #8 Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 09:20:38 pm by bleudog
Quote from: philip.seaton on July 15, 2008, 12:05:56 pm
Quote from: bleudog on July 14, 2008, 09:54:23 pm

Philip,

Well he wasn't in the magazine because he wasn't mentioned on the preseason form. Had he been mentioned, he would have received a bit more ink than what he got. He will this season for sure. He's a special player.

Just figured Ford wasn't in the magazine because of what Dragon I had posted about him no longer being on the team.  Vines, or whoever would have filled out the preseason form, not putting him on the form would have been consistent with DI's post.

Good to hear Ford will be back on the field this fall. 

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Leopard_Roar on July 14, 2008, 11:22:29 am
Heard Coach Vines is out and Langston back in. Also heard former Norphlet Assistant Coach Kitchens has joined the staff, any truth to all this?

Confirmed.

footballpsycho1

so, contrary to Dragon I's post, Ford is coming back?...when did he change his mind?

slimdlp

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on July 15, 2008, 10:35:09 pm

Confirmed.

Do they have bookstores in Strong?

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: slimdlp on July 16, 2008, 11:21:57 am
Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on July 15, 2008, 10:35:09 pm

Confirmed.

Do they have bookstores in Strong?

I can drive to Monroe on the weekends.

thebigshot

bleudog

CLICK HERE for El Dorado News Times article on the coaching change.

steelcurtain

IT IS SO UNFORTUNATE IN THIS DAY AND AGE WHERE OUR YOUNG ATHLETES SOMETIMES MAKE STUPID MISTAKES BY QUITTING THE TEAM FOR SOME UNPRODUCTIVE ALTERNATIVE TO SPORTS AND NOW IT SEEMS THAT OUR COACHES MAY BE DOING JUST THAT. WHY SAY YES TO THE HEAD COACHING POSITION IF YOU ARE NOT SERIOUS ABOUT TAKING THE HELM. THEN TO LEAVE THESE YOUNG MEN AFTER GETTING THEM TO BELIEVE IN YOU AND YOUR SYSTEM IS SIMPLY WRONG AND SETTING THE WRONG EXAMPLE. COACHES ARE TO SET EXAMPLES FOR SURE, BUT NOT THE WRONG ONES. TO QUIT AND COME BACK AND THEN TO LEAVE THEM OUT TO DRY AFTER SPRING PRACTICE, SHAME ON YOU COACH. SHAME ON YOU. MY KIDS WON'T BE PLAYING FOR YOU. I PROMISE THAT! AND WHO HIRED THIS GUY OR RECOMMENDED HIM? DID THEY NOT MAKE A MISTAKE TOO? IT SEEMS THAT STRONG NEEDS TO OVERHAUL MORE THAN HEIR FOOTBALL TEAM, MAYBE THEY NEED TO JUST TO CHANGE FROM THE TOP DOWN. I HOPE THEY FIRGURE IT OUT BECAUSE THE KIDS DESERVE BETTER THAN WHAT THEY HAD AND PROBABLY DESERVE MORE THAN WHAT THEY HAVE RIGHT NOW. GOOD LUCK GUYS AND REMEMBER THIS, NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, I BELIEVE YOU CAN WIN THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. I HAVE SEEN WHAT YOU ARE CAPABLE OF AND NO TEAM OR NO COACH CAN TAKE THAT AWAY FROM YOU. REMEMBER WHEN TEXARKANA LAUGHED AT YOU AND YOU KICKED THEIR butt 28-6. WELL, THEY JUST WON A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP AND THAT TELLS ME YOU CAN RUN THE TABLES ON ANY TEAM IN YOUR CLASS AS WELL AS THE UPPER CLASSIFICATIONS IF YOU JUST PLAY BALL AND FOCUS ON THE PRIZE. GOD BLESS ALL THOSE BULLDOGS.

Dragon I

thebigshot

Quote from: steelcurtain on July 22, 2008, 10:17:48 am
IT IS SO UNFORTUNATE IN THIS DAY AND AGE WHERE OUR YOUNG ATHLETES SOMETIMES MAKE STUPID MISTAKES BY QUITTING THE TEAM FOR SOME UNPRODUCTIVE ALTERNATIVE TO SPORTS AND NOW IT SEEMS THAT OUR COACHES MAY BE DOING JUST THAT. WHY SAY YES TO THE HEAD COACHING POSITION IF YOU ARE NOT SERIOUS ABOUT TAKING THE HELM. THEN TO LEAVE THESE YOUNG MEN AFTER GETTING THEM TO BELIEVE IN YOU AND YOUR SYSTEM IS SIMPLY WRONG AND SETTING THE WRONG EXAMPLE. COACHES ARE TO SET EXAMPLES FOR SURE, BUT NOT THE WRONG ONES. TO QUIT AND COME BACK AND THEN TO LEAVE THEM OUT TO DRY AFTER SPRING PRACTICE, SHAME ON YOU COACH. SHAME ON YOU. MY KIDS WON'T BE PLAYING FOR YOU. I PROMISE THAT! AND WHO HIRED THIS GUY OR RECOMMENDED HIM? DID THEY NOT MAKE A MISTAKE TOO? IT SEEMS THAT STRONG NEEDS TO OVERHAUL MORE THAN HEIR FOOTBALL TEAM, MAYBE THEY NEED TO JUST TO CHANGE FROM THE TOP DOWN. I HOPE THEY FIRGURE IT OUT BECAUSE THE KIDS DESERVE BETTER THAN WHAT THEY HAD AND PROBABLY DESERVE MORE THAN WHAT THEY HAVE RIGHT NOW. GOOD LUCK GUYS AND REMEMBER THIS, NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, I BELIEVE YOU CAN WIN THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. I HAVE SEEN WHAT YOU ARE CAPABLE OF AND NO TEAM OR NO COACH CAN TAKE THAT AWAY FROM YOU. REMEMBER WHEN TEXARKANA LAUGHED AT YOU AND YOU KICKED THEIR butt 28-6. WELL, THEY JUST WON A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP AND THAT TELLS ME YOU CAN RUN THE TABLES ON ANY TEAM IN YOUR CLASS AS WELL AS THE UPPER CLASSIFICATIONS IF YOU JUST PLAY BALL AND FOCUS ON THE PRIZE. GOD BLESS ALL THOSE BULLDOGS.

There was some issues that the school board and Coach Vines had.  You have to give Coach Vines credit because after he resigned he went back to see if they could work things out but never did. So he done what any other normal coach would do is to move on. You have no idea what those isses were so you shouldn't sit here and run your mouth.  Just to let you know that Texarkana vs Strong game was a practice game it wasn't an offical game.  I have stated many of times Texarkana will make a fool out of you. They are always a tough team. 2006 & 2007 6A State Champions !!! Make sure you know what your talking about before you post next time.

steelcurtain

If you only knew. I know because I know. Practice game? Funny! They had there best players trying to score but they only got in the endzone once. Maybe you do not know as much as you think. Their two point conversion was stopped. Not unsuccesful; STOPPED! The coaches as well as AD were shocked that those 20 players from Strong beat the giant of Texarkana. These bulldogs can be undefeated this year with a State Title, but they need that special ingredient that can be quite difficult to attain. I know what that is and they have had it before. I hope and pray that they get it back and use it to win this year. Not for the coaches, not for the fans but for them. They deserve it. Metie has had some life-changing, faith-testing and emotional bombs drop on him and I pray that he and the team can come together like brothers and take out their pain on those they play each friday night. I love thos guys! They are my boys.

Sport Fan

Prayers go out to Ford to handle the difficult situations that are going on in his life.  That is a lot for a young man to have to deal with.  With all the changes in Strong, from the superintendent down, all of the kids need stability.  I hope and pray they get it together and have a good year.  Go Dogs!

Coach Venny Slocombe

bleudog

July 23, 2008, 10:20:45 am #21 Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 09:35:40 am by bleudog
Quote from: steelcurtain on July 22, 2008, 10:17:48 amIT IS SO UNFORTUNATE IN THIS DAY AND AGE WHERE OUR YOUNG ATHLETES SOMETIMES MAKE STUPID MISTAKES BY QUITTING THE TEAM FOR SOME UNPRODUCTIVE ALTERNATIVE TO SPORTS AND NOW IT SEEMS THAT OUR COACHES MAY BE DOING JUST THAT. WHY SAY YES TO THE HEAD COACHING POSITION IF YOU ARE NOT SERIOUS ABOUT TAKING THE HELM. THEN TO LEAVE THESE YOUNG MEN AFTER GETTING THEM TO BELIEVE IN YOU AND YOUR SYSTEM IS SIMPLY WRONG AND SETTING THE WRONG EXAMPLE. COACHES ARE TO SET EXAMPLES FOR SURE, BUT NOT THE WRONG ONES. TO QUIT AND COME BACK AND THEN TO LEAVE THEM OUT TO DRY AFTER SPRING PRACTICE, SHAME ON YOU COACH. SHAME ON YOU. MY KIDS WON'T BE PLAYING FOR YOU. I PROMISE THAT! AND WHO HIRED THIS GUY OR RECOMMENDED HIM? DID THEY NOT MAKE A MISTAKE TOO? IT SEEMS THAT STRONG NEEDS TO OVERHAUL MORE THAN HEIR FOOTBALL TEAM, MAYBE THEY NEED TO JUST TO CHANGE FROM THE TOP DOWN. I HOPE THEY FIRGURE IT OUT BECAUSE THE KIDS DESERVE BETTER THAN WHAT THEY HAD AND PROBABLY DESERVE MORE THAN WHAT THEY HAVE RIGHT NOW. GOOD LUCK GUYS AND REMEMBER THIS, NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, I BELIEVE YOU CAN WIN THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. I HAVE SEEN WHAT YOU ARE CAPABLE OF AND NO TEAM OR NO COACH CAN TAKE THAT AWAY FROM YOU. REMEMBER WHEN TEXARKANA LAUGHED AT YOU AND YOU KICKED THEIR butt 28-6. WELL, THEY JUST WON A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP AND THAT TELLS ME YOU CAN RUN THE TABLES ON ANY TEAM IN YOUR CLASS AS WELL AS THE UPPER CLASSIFICATIONS IF YOU JUST PLAY BALL AND FOCUS ON THE PRIZE. GOD BLESS ALL THOSE BULLDOGS.

Now I wouldn't know Vines to see him, but two of the articles in this thread had him resigning and the other had the school board asking him to leave.  Either way, tough situation for the school and the kids. 

From the Hootens article:

"Two or three players had makeup work to do this summer because they missed some of spring football," Vines says, "but no player was ever kicked off. Demetrius was one of those players who had extra work to do."

OK, Vines is out, Lanston is back and Ford is playing this fall after dealing with major family issues.  Anybody know if Ford and the others made up the work or if the requirement to make the work up went away with Vines?

Quote from: steelcurtain on July 22, 2008, 11:51:08 pmIf you only knew. I know because I know. Practice game? Funny! They had there best players trying to score but they only got in the endzone once. Maybe you do not know as much as you think. Their two point conversion was stopped. Not unsuccesful; STOPPED! The coaches as well as AD were shocked that those 20 players from Strong beat the giant of Texarkana. These bulldogs can be undefeated this year with a State Title, but they need that special ingredient that can be quite difficult to attain. I know what that is and they have had it before. I hope and pray that they get it back and use it to win this year. Not for the coaches, not for the fans but for them. They deserve it. Metie has had some life-changing, faith-testing and emotional bombs drop on him and I pray that he and the team can come together like brothers and take out their pain on those they play each friday night. I love thos guys! They are my boys.

Let's not hoot and holler about scrimmages, jamborees, 7 on 7 games or whatever it was. There were whole threads last year on Bearden's scrimmage performance against larger schools in a jamboree. I firmly believe no 2A team could beat the 7A, 6A, 5A, or 4A state champs in a real game.  (I still hold out at least a chance that one class up might be a possiblity. Nothing against Glen Rose. ;D)

Strong had a very successful run in '07. They could have finished as conference champs in more than one 2A conference. They had a chance to run the table in '07 but Bearden, JC, and Carlisle took the field in real games and Strong's running the table didn't happen in '07.  This year may or may not be a different story.  Right now, everybody is undefeated and hope springs eternal.

Good luck to the Bulldogs in '08. Both on the field and off. 

Now that you've got that cap lock thing figured out, welcome to the board SC.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Strong always has good athletes.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on July 23, 2008, 09:36:17 am
So, is Dayton the head coach?

Assistant Football Coach.

Head Softball Coach, but that is a few months off.

slimdlp

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on July 23, 2008, 09:03:23 pm

Head of the books-o-moron club.

How u gonna work on the weekends if you're in Monroe?

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: slimdlp on July 24, 2008, 09:34:04 am

slimdlp, the rapping blues man..............................

steelcurtain

Quote from: bleudog on July 23, 2008, 10:20:45 am
Quote from: steelcurtain on July 22, 2008, 10:17:48 amIT IS SO UNFORTUNATE IN THIS DAY AND AGE WHERE OUR YOUNG ATHLETES SOMETIMES MAKE STUPID MISTAKES BY QUITTING THE TEAM FOR SOME UNPRODUCTIVE ALTERNATIVE TO SPORTS AND NOW IT SEEMS THAT OUR COACHES MAY BE DOING JUST THAT. WHY SAY YES TO THE HEAD COACHING POSITION IF YOU ARE NOT SERIOUS ABOUT TAKING THE HELM. THEN TO LEAVE THESE YOUNG MEN AFTER GETTING THEM TO BELIEVE IN YOU AND YOUR SYSTEM IS SIMPLY WRONG AND SETTING THE WRONG EXAMPLE. COACHES ARE TO SET EXAMPLES FOR SURE, BUT NOT THE WRONG ONES. TO QUIT AND COME BACK AND THEN TO LEAVE THEM OUT TO DRY AFTER SPRING PRACTICE, SHAME ON YOU COACH. SHAME ON YOU. MY KIDS WON'T BE PLAYING FOR YOU. I PROMISE THAT! AND WHO HIRED THIS GUY OR RECOMMENDED HIM? DID THEY NOT MAKE A MISTAKE TOO? IT SEEMS THAT STRONG NEEDS TO OVERHAUL MORE THAN HEIR FOOTBALL TEAM, MAYBE THEY NEED TO JUST TO CHANGE FROM THE TOP DOWN. I HOPE THEY FIRGURE IT OUT BECAUSE THE KIDS DESERVE BETTER THAN WHAT THEY HAD AND PROBABLY DESERVE MORE THAN WHAT THEY HAVE RIGHT NOW. GOOD LUCK GUYS AND REMEMBER THIS, NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, I BELIEVE YOU CAN WIN THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. I HAVE SEEN WHAT YOU ARE CAPABLE OF AND NO TEAM OR NO COACH CAN TAKE THAT AWAY FROM YOU. REMEMBER WHEN TEXARKANA LAUGHED AT YOU AND YOU KICKED THEIR butt 28-6. WELL, THEY JUST WON A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP AND THAT TELLS ME YOU CAN RUN THE TABLES ON ANY TEAM IN YOUR CLASS AS WELL AS THE UPPER CLASSIFICATIONS IF YOU JUST PLAY BALL AND FOCUS ON THE PRIZE. GOD BLESS ALL THOSE BULLDOGS.

Now I wouldn't know Vines to see him, but two of the articles in this thread had him resigning and the other had the school board asking him to leave.  Either way, tough situation for the school and the kids. 

"Two or three players had makeup work to do this summer because they missed some of spring football," Vines says, "but no player was ever kicked off. Demetrius was one of those players who had extra work to do."

OK, Vines is out, Lanston is back and Ford is playing this fall after dealing with major family issues.  Anybody know if Ford and the others made up the work or if the requirement to make the work up went away with Vines?

Quote from: steelcurtain on July 22, 2008, 11:51:08 pmIf you only knew. I know because I know. Practice game? Funny! They had there best players trying to score but they only got in the endzone once. Maybe you do not know as much as you think. Their two point conversion was stopped. Not unsuccesful; STOPPED! The coaches as well as AD were shocked that those 20 players from Strong beat the giant of Texarkana. These bulldogs can be undefeated this year with a State Title, but they need that special ingredient that can be quite difficult to attain. I know what that is and they have had it before. I hope and pray that they get it back and use it to win this year. Not for the coaches, not for the fans but for them. They deserve it. Metie has had some life-changing, faith-testing and emotional bombs drop on him and I pray that he and the team can come together like brothers and take out their pain on those they play each friday night. I love thos guys! They are my boys.

Let's not hoot and holler about scrimmages, jamborees, 7 on 7 games or whatever it was. There were whole threads last year on Bearden's scrimmage performance against larger schools in a jamboree. I firmly believe no 2A team could beat the 7A, 6A, 5A, or 4A state champs in a real game.  (I still hold out at least a chance that one class up might be a possiblity. Nothing against Glen Rose. ;D)

Strong had a very successful run in '07. They could have finished as conference champs in more than one 2A conference. They had a chance to run the table in '07 but Bearden, JC, and Carlisle took the field in real games and Strong's running the table didn't happen in '07.  This year may or may not be a different story.  Right now, everybody is undefeated and hope springs eternal.

To each his own. My personal belief system is different. Anyone can beat anybody on any given day. I believe in miracles.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: steelcurtain on July 24, 2008, 11:09:30 am
Quote from: bleudog on July 23, 2008, 10:20:45 am

To each his own. My personal belief system is different. Anyone can beat anybody on any given day. I believe in miracles.
as it should be

Dayton Kitchens

Why would a football coach  work on weekends?

God didn't work seven days a week.

I'm certainly not.

dac

Dayton Kitchens

the game

bleudog

July 25, 2008, 07:45:02 am #32 Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 08:39:54 am by bleudog
Quote from: steelcurtain on July 24, 2008, 11:09:30 amTo each his own. My personal belief system is different. Anyone can beat anybody on any given day. I believe in miracles.

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on July 24, 2008, 08:53:23 pm
I'm not God.

If you were God, that miracle thing steelcurtain was posting about would be a lot easier. ;D

Good luck in '08.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on July 24, 2008, 08:12:00 pm

I'm certainly not.
Almost all football coaches work Saturdays. Game film exchange day.............

dac

I'm not God.

You don't say!

slimdlp

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens

I'm certainly not.
/quote]

That may be why you cant keep a job.

slimdlp

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on July 24, 2008, 08:53:23 pm
I'm not God.

That may be why you can only get jobs @ Hermitage, Norphlet, or Strong.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on July 25, 2008, 08:18:26 am

I'm certainly not.

Exchanging film is more like an errand.

Seventh Grade Football Jamboree's are on Saturday of course.  But that amounts to roughly two days during the season.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on July 25, 2008, 12:39:59 pm

I'm certainly not.

Seventh Grade Football Jamboree's are on Saturday of course.  But that amounts to roughly two days during the season.
Uhhhhhh, after you get the films you might want to watch them and break them down. You might want to break down your own film also of the night before. I have seen coaches that get up at 5:30am on Saturday and exchange film and then watch film until late Saturday night, of course those are the guys that want to do well.

slimdlp

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on July 25, 2008, 12:39:59 pm

I'm certainly not.

Dayton, do you ever wish to move up in the coaching profession? If so you need to get off this board, if I were a head coach and read the crap that you spew on here there is no way I'd give a thought to even interviewing you. You are more worried about find a good bookstore in town than getting your job done.
If you don't work on weekends, other than looking for bookstores, then you will be on a losing staff for the rest of your career. If you want to move up, GET TO WORK!!! Get off a message board, stay in the field house on the weekends and work. Exchanging films is the "errand" you get sent on to keep you away from the real work, and I guess it helps you out in scouting for other bookstores.
BTW, I dont have a problem with you, I actually love when you get on here because you're one of the few people I consider less inteligent than me.

Dayton Kitchens

I played for a state championship winning coach who didn't come in on weekends.     

How do you expect anyone to make good, sound decisions on Thursday and Friday nights if they are battling fatigue and stress from working every day of the week?

slimdlp

Did YOU win the state championship? OR did your coach get burned out and come to your school because he did'nt care as much about winning anymore?
Winners pay the price, they can rest after the season.
If being mediocre is ok with you...well thats what you'll always be...assistant coach in loser town usa.

footballfan

Is D. Ford back with the Bulldogs?

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: footballfan on August 07, 2008, 10:42:48 am
Is D. Ford back with the Bulldogs?

Yes.

And I'm very happy being hired at a school that finished 10 & 3 last year and went three games deep into the playoffs.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: slimdlp on August 07, 2008, 09:29:26 am

Winners pay the price, they can rest after the season.

I doubt you have a clue as to what it takes to be a winner.

slimdlp

I have 4 rings...did not find any of them in any bookstores.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: slimdlp on August 07, 2008, 12:19:34 pm
I have 4 rings

Unprovable without a real name, school, and years.

And the presence of championship rings alone doesn't mean you made any major contribution to those victories.

slimdlp

I might not have made any "major" contribution... but I did'nt consider going to get/watching film an errand. I was also a very hard worker on the weekends.
As for proof, I don't need to prove myself to you. I don't live in the arm pit of Arkansas coaching a team with one good year...EVER. I have a small trophy case, with my teams accomplishments, I look at every Saturday morning when I get up to go to work.
Like God, I work 6 days and take Sunday off to be with my family.

us5454

Leave the coach alone he knows what it takes to get his job done slim you have no business sticking your nose in where it dosent belong.  I am not a strong fan nor do i know Coach Kitchens and sure you don,t.  Let the man coach and you stick to your 6 day a week job.

slimdlp

Quote from: us5454 on August 07, 2008, 04:12:35 pm
Leave the coach alone he knows what it takes to get his job done slim you have no business sticking your nose in where it dosent belong.  I am not a strong fan nor do i know Coach Kitchens and sure you don,t.  Let the man coach and you stick to your 6 day a week job.

Pot...meet kettle... keep MY nose in MY own business, take your own advice.
I do know who Kitchens is...if you want to know go visit the local bookstore this weekend.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas