• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Magic 105 is No more. Another great station destroyed by the evil empire

Started by OlGuyWicker, February 25, 2008, 09:16:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OlGuyWicker

Clear Channel Radio took Arkansas's best radio station, ran it into the ground with poor mostly out of state programing, and now are closing the doors.  I had stopped listening to most of it, except for sometimes listening to the new morning show, but had some found memory's of listening to Skynyrd back in the days.  It took me from HS, to College, and still listened to it when I was in the area till about 5 years ago.  They have also severly damaged Memphis' best station, Rock 103 by destroying the morning show one piece at a time.  They want to blame it on Satilite radio, but the truth is they lost the local connection that made these stations so appealling.  Don't try to sell me on some Tom radio BS.  He was ok for the brown bagger, but that was it. 

bulldogs1159

green-eagle

I was around when it started....Tommy was in the afternoon, then he took a job in Memphis at Rock 103 then move back to Little rock for the morning show.......it's sad that Magic 105 is leaving the air waves, I always look forward to tuning in; when I get close to LR, now I must turn to the point 94.1......I cant handle the midday or the afternoon show on the buzz.......Im really going to miss "Alice's restaurant" at noon on thankgiving day........

so long......Magic105

powerlifter90

I listened to Tommy and his numerous co-hosts for years, Big Dave, Madison, and Roger just to name a few.  But, after the morning show I often tuned it out, bc I think they had the worst programing director in the history of radio.  Too much Beatles, Skynyrd, Zeplin,  etc, over and over and over and over. 

Maybe those bands with some new stuff thrown in would have been alright, but one of those bands every 5 songs got a little old even for me and I grew up when those guys were popular.   But the days of the mullet, tight blue jeans with white high tops are long gone, and most of the listeners that like that have since traded in the Camaro for numerous mini-vans.  You have to change with the times or you get left behind in them.

The Reality is back...

Quote from: green-eagle on February 25, 2008, 10:20:48 pm
I was around when it started....Tommy was in the afternoon, then he took a job in Memphis at Rock 103 then move back to Little rock for the morning show.......it's sad that Magic 105 is leaving the air waves, I always look forward to tuning in; when I get close to LR, now I must turn to the point 94.1......I cant handle the midday or the afternoon show on the buzz.......Im really going to miss "Alice's restaurant" at noon on thankgiving day........

so long......Magic105

I love MidDay buzz, Justin Acri is a genius. and I LOOOVE Jim Rome...but man, I hate Drive Time Sports.

powerlifter90

Quote from: Stupidity Vampire AKA Ignorance Ingestor on February 26, 2008, 04:06:37 am

so long......Magic105

I love MidDay buzz, Justin Acri is a genius. and I LOOOVE Jim Rome...but man, I hate Drive Time Sports.

the "homers" running DTS are the biggest sunshine pumpers I've ever heard.  RR isn't too bad but Rick Schaefer......... OMG!!    "you know Randy, with 12 less turnovers, more rushing yards, a completed pass here and there, and not so many missed tackles we are right in the gave vs USC" 

Then there are the callers; I think the only people that call in to DTS are the biggest knuckledraggin, booger eating, inbred, uneducated bunch that Ark has to offer.  Some of these people are probably just learning how to dial the phone.  Sometimes I laugh others I just turn the station.........

SMC

Mid Day Buzz bores me to death but then again if I was someone who wanted to hear about the Hogs and Jermain Taylor 24/7 then I might like it. The worst thing about that show is that it causes Rome to be on tape delay so you can't get your emails read unless you listen online.

HorseFeathers

The only sports show on The Buzz I consider worth listening to is Jim Rome. Drive Time Sucks, except during football season, and that's only cause I can get scores off of there on my way home from which ever game I went to. And that show that comes on at 8 p.m sucks. Most of the time they don't even talk about sports.

green-eagle

Quote from: BUGEATERS on February 26, 2008, 08:38:41 am
Quote from: Stupidity Vampire AKA Ignorance Ingestor on February 26, 2008, 04:06:37 am

so long......Magic105

the "homers" running DTS are the biggest sunshine pumpers I've ever heard.  RR isn't too bad but Rick Schaefer......... OMG!!    "you know Randy, with 12 less turnovers, more rushing yards, a completed pass here and there, and not so many missed tackles we are right in the gave vs USC" 

Then there are the callers; I think the only people that call in to DTS are the biggest knuckledraggin, booger eating, inbred, uneducated bunch that Ark has to offer.  Some of these people are probably just learning how to dial the phone.  Sometimes I laugh others I just turn the station.........

i rather have sunshine pulled up my (______) insert area in blank space provided, then listen to the gloom and doom on that other show, sportwraps...........it's amazing the Wally can hijack a thread and not even be on line.....

but let's get back to Magic 105......it follows other great Radio stations, KKYK with Craig O'neil, Z98 with Ray and Ram Lincoln and my all time favorite.....Brother Hal on KARN.......

The Reality is back...

Quote from: BUGEATERS on February 26, 2008, 08:38:41 am

so long......Magic105

Dango, I'v been on hold for 3 hours, I just wanted to know your thoughts on the clinton-clarksville game, Ima hang up and listen.

OlGuyWicker

so long......Magic105

Acri is a carpetbagging idiot.  He should go back to Dakota.  That show went down when they ran Nathan off.  He was the only one that could think on his feet and didn't need some syndicated show prep.

The Reality is back...

Quote from: OlGuyWicker on February 26, 2008, 02:35:37 pm

so long......Magic105

Acri is a carpetbagging idiot.  He should go back to Dakota.  That show went down when they ran Nathan off.  He was the only one that could think on his feet and didn't need some syndicated show prep.

mmm, I'm gonna have to disagree. Acri is very clever, and has made that show awesome. Pat is hilarious. I'm basically going to school to do what Acri does. The head of a popular show w/sponsorships, combine that with his salary and he's on the life, baby. That's my dream job.

SandLizard04

Acri is head and shoulders above anyone else on that garbage station.

athletic supporter

Quote from: Ramblin' Man™ on February 26, 2008, 02:45:16 pm

You think so because he is the color guy for UCA or do you really believe that?

green-eagle

Quote from: athletic supporter on February 26, 2008, 03:22:58 pm

Ramblin man is the president of the Acri fan club......yeah President!

SandLizard04

Quote from: athletic supporter on February 26, 2008, 03:22:58 pm

I really believe that. I can't stand: Rick Schafer, David Bazzel, Pat Bradley, and especially Tommy Smith.

Randy Rainwater is decent.

The guy that does the Sunday Buzz, Bill Vickery, is pretty good, though.

RHS

Quote from: SMC on February 26, 2008, 11:11:04 amThe worst thing about that show is that it causes Rome to be on tape delay so you can't get your emails read unless you listen online.

It always sucks when you are listening and hear something and come up with a good e-mail, but you know it won't get read.

Ridge Rat

I quit listening to Magic 105 when they fired Tommy, but back through the years I listened every day. Clear Channel screwed it up big time.

powerlifter90

I loved Tommy's show and listen to him sometimes on the other channel, but I understand why they fired him, he was getting a little "out of hand" at times.......

allot of the things he did at Trajic have been included as "no-no's" at The Buzz and are automatic "you're gone" items......

OlGuyWicker

It wasn't losing Tommy that hurt that station.  The out of state conglomerate used syndicated shows such as that weak group they had in the morning a little over a year ago, and Alice at night.  They were never worth listing to.  The local shows were ok, just to few and far between.  Clear channel wants to blame it on satellite radio, but it was the poor programming.   They are also destroying KSSN. 

powerlifter90

Quote from: OlGuyWicker on February 26, 2008, 10:20:04 pm
It wasn’t losing Tommy that hurt that station.  The out of state conglomerate used syndicated shows such as that weak group they had in the morning a little over a year ago, and Alice at night.  They were never worth listing to.  The local shows were ok, just to few and far between.  Clear channel wants to blame it on satellite radio, but it was the poor programming.   They are also destroying KSSN. 

they are killing KSSN, and 100.3 (the edge).................

green-eagle

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on February 27, 2008, 04:32:26 pm
Time to go XM folks.

XM dont give the local scene of event..........None at all, No Cajun deck parties....Nothing!

bulldogs1159

So? You know where the parties are. If you want good radio your going to have to go satalite.

hogsgrl09

I'm very sad magic 105 (one of my presets)  is off the air...
but at the same time I am absolutely loving the beatles 24/7. theres so many awesome songs I've never heard...

OlGuyWicker

Quote from: hogsgrl09 on February 28, 2008, 06:09:39 pm
but at the same time I am absolutely loving the beatles 24/7. theres so many awesome songs I've never heard...

If that is all it takes to make you happy, why don't you just buy a few Beetle DVD's?

bulldogs1159

Quote from: OlGuyWicker on February 28, 2008, 11:47:51 pm

If that is all it takes to make you happy, why don't you just buy a few Beetle DVD's?
She might have never heard this stuff before....

The Reality is back...

*puts arm around shoulder*

Sweetie, we have a lot of Beatles to talk about, and only 1 lifetime to do it, which may not be enough for the best band ever.

*skips off flipping Coach P off, I HATE METALLICA* LOLOLOLOLOL

ha.

hogsgrl09

I actually might. I just had never heard most of the songs, like maxwell's silver hammer, while my guitar gently weeps, and free as a bird...
theyre all so good

The Reality is back...

Quote from: hogsgrl09 on March 01, 2008, 12:33:46 am

I actually might. I just had never heard most of the songs, like maxwell's silver hammer, while my guitar gently weeps, and free as a bird...
theyre all so good

Go Buy "Abbey Road" and recognize perfection.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas