• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NFL Pro Bowl selections

Started by RHS, December 18, 2007, 05:38:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RHS

Dallas led all NFL teams with 11 selections. 7 of those were on offense, which also was the most of any team. Minnesota had 7, Seattle 5, Chicago 4, and Green Bay 4 were your top 5 in the NFC.

The AFC was led by both New England and San Diego who both had 8 selections. Indy and Pitt both had 5, while Baltimore and Tenn tied for 5th with 3 selections each.

Three Hogs made the list. Jason Peters (OT, Buffalo), Ken Hamlin (S, Dallas) and Shawn Andrews (OG, Philly).

The Truth

Two snubbs... Kellen Winslow TE & Fred Taylor RB!!

RHS

Not to sure about Winslow being a big snub. He and Gonzalez had equal numbers with the exception of catches. You could argue he had more yardage than Gates, but Gates had almost double the TD's.

I think the biggest snub was Marques Colston from New Orleans. Had more receptions than any of the 4 WR's selected. Had more TD's than 3 (only behind Owens (14)) and had more yardage than 2 of the 4. Basically, he has better stats in each catagory than Torry Holt and Donaly Driver. He has the biggest gripe IMO.

RHS

Here is what I'm talking about with the numbers.

Name---Rec.---Yards---TD

Owens------76---1307---14
Fitzgerald---83---1116----8
Holt--------83---1055----7
Driver------78---1016----2

Colston----87---1092----9

Bold indicates the NFC leader.

WBF †

Quote from: RHS on December 19, 2007, 01:24:31 am
Here is what I'm talking about with the numbers.

Name---Rec.---Yards---TD

Owens------76---1307---14
Fitzgerald---83---1116----8
Holt--------83---1055----7
Driver------78---1016----2

Colston----87---1092----9

Bold indicates the NFC leader.
Nice stuff. +1

SMC

Driver made it the same way that people always make all star games. The teams with the best records get a bunch in there, while deserving guys from average teams don't go. You can't tell me Ken Hamlin deserves to go to the Pro Bowl, but hey, he plays for the Cowboys, and they're 12-2. The Packers are 12-2, the Saints are 7-7, hence Driver over Colston. It's stupid.

The Truth

December 19, 2007, 10:20:45 am #6 Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 10:39:31 am by The Truth
I say that Winslow was a snubb for a couple reasons.First because they didnt put him in last year, and everyone thought that he defintely got snubbed and they don't make up for it this year and I dont think people really appreciate the fact that he really didnt play football for 2 years!! And for him to come back and have this production is great!!

jbell96

Favre starting over Romo is BS.

Throwback1

Quote from: SMC on December 19, 2007, 01:40:51 am
Driver made it the same way that people always make all star games. The teams with the best records get a bunch in there, while deserving guys from average teams don't go. You can't tell me Ken Hamlin deserves to go to the Pro Bowl, but hey, he plays for the Cowboys, and they're 12-2. The Packers are 12-2, the Saints are 7-7, hence Driver over Colston. It's stupid.
Hamlin is having a HECK of a year.

SandLizard04

The biggest snub of all is Mario Williams.

Throwback1

Quote from: Ramblin' Man on December 19, 2007, 11:11:01 am
The biggest snub of all is Mario Williams.
Williams in the AFC and Colson in the NFC would be my "picks"

wonderboys

Does anyone have number comparisons for Favre and Romo?

I, personally, am a die-hard Favre/Packers fan so I am good with the pick. Just wanting some facts one way or the other.

WBF †

Quote from: The Truth on December 19, 2007, 10:20:45 am
I say that Winslow was a snubb for a couple reasons.First because they didnt put him in last year, and everyone thought that he defintely got snubbed and they don't make up for it this year and I dont think people really appreciate the fact that he really didnt play football for 2 years!! And for him to come back and have this production is great!!
This isn't the most improved award.

Throwback1

Quote from: wonderboys on December 19, 2007, 11:37:21 am
Does anyone have number comparisons for Favre and Romo?

I, personally, am a die-hard Favre/Packers fan so I am good with the pick. Just wanting some facts one way or the other.
Pos Num Player Profile Photo Quick Stats        Team
QB 4 Favre, Brett   TDS  26 INT  13 YDS  3,905 RTG  97.7 Green Bay Packers

Pos Num Player Profile Photo Quick Stats        Team
QB 9 Romo, Tony   TDS  35 INT  17 YDS  3,868 RTG  101.0 Dallas Cowboys

Favre probably got the nod for career acheivement, but too close to argue either way.

The Truth

I didnt know that Tony Romo had 17 INT's... Thats alot!

Throwback1

Quote from: The Truth on December 19, 2007, 12:02:04 pm
Yeah, kinda skewed..he had 8 in 2 games, Bill and Eagles, and 9 in the other 12 games, but 17 is tied with 4 other QB's for the league lead..of course he is also one of only 4 QBs' with over a 110 QB rating

WBF †

Over rated proof.

Throwback1

Quote from: WBF † on December 19, 2007, 01:26:33 pm
Over rated proof.
lol...I"m not biting..I'll let the wins, TD's and passer rating do my talking ;=)

WBF †

Quote from: Throwback1 on December 19, 2007, 02:59:58 pm
Quote from: WBF † on December 19, 2007, 01:26:33 pm
Over rated proof.
lol...I"m not biting..I'll let the wins, TD's and passer rating do my talking ;=)
LOL
You know exactly was I was trying to do.

The Truth

Yeah you're right, if he's winning then that's all that matters!!

Throwback1

Quote from: The Truth on December 19, 2007, 04:16:54 pm
Yeah you're right, if he's winning then that's all that matters!!
They all got chopped down a bit this past Sunday.  I'm not sure at this point that it wasn't a blessing in disguise.  Maybe not a little "cocky" off of 'em and get 'em refocused.  We'll see, but they sure need to win  out because I expect the Pack will and we dont' want to go to Lambeau in January.

ppop

The Truth

Yeah your right, Because only one QB has won a playoff game in Lambuea in its entire history.... Oddly enough, thats Mike Vick!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas