• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official Mount Ida (Lions) vs. Bearden (Bears) @ War Memorial Stadium

Started by The Grudge, November 30, 2007, 11:48:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win between these two heavy weights?

Bearden
Mount Ida

The Grudge

I know i made one topic but it didnt have a poll so i thought i would make one with a poll 8) ;D Wanna know your thoughts on the game, and how and who you think will turn out to be the 2AA State Champions of 07-08 :o

Arkfballfan81

I'm a 7AA West fan, but Bearden will win this in a blow out.  I hope I'm wrong, but that's how I've seen it all year.  Be safe to both teams!

Classof91

Gonna be a tremendous game!  Either team has the skills to win and win big, but Bearden is just too awesome this year!  Go Bears...

The-Bookie

Yeah, MT Ida is talented or they wouldn't be there.  With the right game plan and a freak meteor storm it would be close :-\

hornsfan7608

Bearden has proven that they are head end shoulders above everybody else this year. The Show continues...

ThreadWatcher

Throwback1

Quote from: The Grudge on November 30, 2007, 11:48:46 pm
I know i made one topic but it didnt have a poll so i thought i would make one with a poll 8) ;D Wanna know your thoughts on the game, and how and who you think will turn out to be the 2AA State Champions of 07-08 :o

Bearden 53
            Mt. Ida  22

Jesus Saves

First of all, congrats to both teams on two tremendous seasons.  I've naturally gotta go with my Bears, but I don't think it will be a blowout.  Mt. Ida is not 14-0 by a fluke.  Go Bears.....and we'll see ya in the "Rock". 

Throwback1

bear backer

Somebody please post a picture of the Bears... but not all waded up togather like the Lions and not that picture of the bears that are all ready on here.... ;D

BEARDENBEARS.NET

December 01, 2007, 01:47:28 am #14 Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 02:06:10 am by BEARDENBEARS.NET

bearbacker52

That bear face is the one that has been used for 50 years. When its time to trace a bear that is the one they use. The full length bear is in the Gym on the wall... It was  up long before fatheads..

BEARDENBEARS.NET

I got the one i use from Ms. Lindsay last year to use on the website. it was in pretty bad shape, alot of the black was gone. i took photoshop and did alot of tracing and filling in of the areas that were in bad shape.
nice bit of history there bearbacker52, i didnt know that. i never attended Bearden myself. I went to school and graduated with Mr Rozenberg at Whitehall. my wife is from here tho and so i became a Bear fan when my son started playing ball in the 7th grade.
i still root for those Bulldogs (Whitehall that is) on occasion, but my heart is with the Bears always.

dave@J.C.

this has been a decade of unbeaten champs - can't remember who won in 2000 but if memory serves, from '01 to '06 it runs like this:

'01 shiloh christian 15-0
'02 harding academy 15-0
'03 junction city 15-0
'04 rison 15-0
'05 charleston 15-0
'06 jessieville 15-0

i'm thinking bearden keeps the 15-0 thing going and it won't be that close

8)

Scorpiux

The-Bookie

I don't believe Mt Ida will score 22 points on Bearden.  Their size won't be as big of a factor as it was against JC and Bearden's defense is much better than Junction's.

bearbacker52

will bearden be "Back in Black" or will they be in their White T's???
If this has been answered i missed it

the game

Bears will be wearing White jerseys and " Back in Black " pants  ;D  and the game will be next Saturday the 8th at 12:00 noon , man I hope the weather is as nice as today  8)

hornsfan7608

True Bear Backer

Quote from: the game on December 01, 2007, 01:15:35 pm
  Bears will be wearing White jerseys and " Back in Black " pants  ;D  and the game will be next Saturday the 8th at 12:00 noon , man I hope the weather is as nice as today  8)
Who will be the home team. What time we need to be there.

the game

Quote from: True Bear Backer on December 01, 2007, 01:19:53 pm
Mt Ida is on the top part of the bracket so they are the dark shirt home team

the game

Quote from: True Bear Backer on December 01, 2007, 01:19:53 pm
I'll probably leave by daybreak , if I can wait that long ;D

M.I. D

Just what we have wanted all along. Mt.Ida is ready. They didnt play well last night i think they got it out of their system. The pressure is off now. Just have fun this week and play another football game. This town loves ALL the Mount Ida kids so yall have fun and the better team will come out on top.

Throwback1

Quote from: M.I. D on December 01, 2007, 03:00:06 pm
Just what we have wanted all along. Mt.Ida is ready. They didnt play well last night i think they got it out of their system. The pressure is off now. Just have fun this week and play another football game. This town loves ALL the Mount Ida kids so yall have fun and the better team will come out on top.
Yep...the better team will definitely come out on top.

jsk

Throwback1

The-Bookie

I am sure they won't lay down for Bearden.  They are talented and will play hard...Just too much has to go their way to stay close in this one.  I honestly believe the title game could have been played last night :-\

Chevy350

the question is not if mt.ida is ready its its if bearden is ready. im not sayin that bearden is going to lose im sayin that bearden needs to be ready for a mount ida team that is going to come out and play hard and hit hard. Mount Ida needs to calm down with the penaltys but if they play their game and everyone plays smart then it will closer than anyone expects

Throwback1

Quote from: Chevy350 on December 01, 2007, 06:36:13 pm
the question is not if mt.ida is ready its its if bearden is ready. im not sayin that bearden is going to lose im sayin that bearden needs to be ready for a mount ida team that is going to come out and play hard and hit hard. Mount Ida needs to calm down with the penaltys but if they play their game and everyone plays smart then it will closer than anyone expects
Bearden has been handing out lessons in smash mouth football all year..Mt Ida is simply the next pupil..prepare for your lesson.

Scorpiux

bear backer

Think I will sit back and see where this one goes for awhile  ;D

bear backer

True Lion Fan

Serious question.....
Does anyone know what the price of tickets will be?  Any help will be greatly appreciated....

True Bear Backer

What time do the doors open. If Mt.Ida is home team which gate do we need to come into. Some of us never been to the stadium Any and all help appreciated. Thanks

The Grudge

Quote from: True Lion Fan on December 01, 2007, 08:40:12 pm
Serious question.....
Does anyone know what the price of tickets will be?  Any help will be greatly appreciated....

Just ask anyone from Nashville they should know...

bleudog

Quote from: True Lion Fan on December 01, 2007, 08:40:12 pm
Serious question.....

Finals—advance sales $6.00 students and $7.00 general admission.

finals at gate - General Admission Adults and Students- $7.00.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They'll pop you for parking.  $5.00 if I remember right.

I'd guess Mt. Ida will be home since they are in the upper bracket position.  JC was visitor last year and we sat on the east side opposite the press boxes.

Don't think they'll let you in more than an hour before the game.  The stadium will be cleared before the second game of the day.

Henderson State has a website that keeps up with live stats during the game if for some reason you can't make it or want let somebody know who can't be there:

http://fac.hsu.edu/mitchet/livestats/aaa/2007AAA/index.html

True Lion Fan

HEY THANKS!!!!!!!!  I am assuming that we have to follow stadium regs as far as no noise makers, umbrellas, etc. 

FenderRocker89

['Seek and Destroy' by Metallica plays in background]

As soon as everyone sees this they're going to be like "Uh-oh... he's here."

WARNING ONE FOR PROFANITY

Bearden... what can I say? You're simply the next name on our hit list. Your hubris will be your undoing. I swear to everything on God's green earth that it will be. You think you're going to win? You think it's going to be a blowout? You think it's going to be easy? Well you're wrong. You have a SHOT at winning just like we do. Nothing is set in stone!

You MAY win, but I tell you now with GOD AS MY WITNESS, that we will FIGHT like NO OTHER TEAM THAT YOU HAVE PLAYED ALL YEAR! You have NO CLUE what's coming! You're going to get out on the field and just think you're ready to play, and then you're going to get hit in the face with a brick.

Go ahead... let the responses come... I know they're coming.

BEAR SEASON IS NOW OPEN!!

bleudog

Quote from: True Lion Fan on December 01, 2007, 09:04:55 pm
HEY THANKS!!!!!!!!  I am assuming that we have to follow stadium regs as far as no noise makers, umbrellas, etc. 

They'll check bags but this isn't going to be an SEC game.  Place holds somewhere around 50,000.  Most 2A finals will generate a crowd of 4,000 to 8,000.  They will sell a game DVD thru AAA and there will be a lot of opportunities to buy t-shirts before and after the game.  They can screen print on site so winner shirts will be available after the game.  They also should have mini-helmets and photo footballs so bring extra money.  There were people last year that took video from their seats and I never saw anybody that told them to stop.  Wouldn't think noise makers would be a problem.

True Lion Fan

Quote from: bleudog on December 01, 2007, 09:18:12 pm
Quote from: True Lion Fan on December 01, 2007, 09:04:55 pm

They'll check bags but this isn't going to be an SEC game.  Place holds somewhere around 50,000.  Most 2A finals will generate a crowd of 4,000 to 8,000.  They will sell a game DVD thru AAA and there will be a lot of opportunities to buy t-shirts before and after the game.  They can screen print on site so winner shirts will be available after the game.  They also should have mini-helmets and photo footballs so bring extra money.  There were people last year that took video from their seats and I never saw anybody that told them to stop.  Wouldn't think noise makers would be a problem.
Thanks Bleudog!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas