• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Most rushing yards ever by an Arkansas High School student?

Started by LRCAfanForLife, November 24, 2007, 05:51:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LRCAfanForLife

Does anyone know the most rushing yards ever by an Arkansas High School student? Dyer's totals are pretty impressive, setting the sophmore record. Just wondering what he has to shoot for during his junior and senior seasons.

flashgordon

I knew the guy from Elkins that used to hold the record from back around 1975 or 76 and it was over 600 yards.  630 something I believe.  I think someone beat that record several years ago.  So Michael wasn't even close.

LRCAfanForLife

I meant most rushing yards in a season.  :-[

Quote from: flashgordon on November 24, 2007, 05:57:25 pm
I knew the guy from Elkins that used to hold the record from back around 1975 or 76 and it was over 600 yards.  630 something I believe.  I think someone beat that record several years ago.  So Michael wasn't even close.

flashgordon

Let's try this again.  Here is the info from AAA website.

7,122 Vernon Hicks, Elaine, 1998
6,714 Jonathan Adams, Osceola, 1994-1997
6,493 Jonathan Bradley, Barton, 1996-98
6,010 Madre Hill, Malvern, 1991-93
6,008 Tyrone Henry, Rivercrest, 1990-1992
5,984 Billy Warren, Newport, 1979-81
5,920 Griffin Golleher, Carlisle, 1997-99
5,047 Lenorse Bailey, McGehee, 1998-99
4,970 Cedric Smith, Mineral Springs, 2004-06
4,796 Brian Jones, Cabot, 1996-

RD™

He will never break the game record. That thing is untouchable.

ppop

RD™

Quote from: ppop on November 24, 2007, 06:40:06 pm
Quote from: LRCAfanForLife on November 24, 2007, 06:03:04 pm

Short memory? 3,090 - Derek Lawson, Nettleton, 2006
I have to tell you, Greenwood, Wynne, Batesville shut him down bad. That kid was hyped up in a great system against weak competetion.

flashgordon

3,090 Derek Lawson, Nettleton, 2006
2,863 Madre Hill, Malvern, 1993
2,801 Craig Jackson, Carlisle, 1995
2,785 Vernon Hicks, Elaine, 1998
2,767 Dearrius Howard, West Memphis, 2000
2,700 Iven Brown, Gosnell, 1998
2,631 Peyton Hillis, Conway, 2003
2,616 Jerry Eckwood, Brinkley, 1973
2,601 James White, West Memphis, 1984
2,546 Lenorse Bailey, McGehee, 1999

Dudeness

Quote from: flashgordon on November 24, 2007, 07:15:45 pm

3,090 Derek Lawson, Nettleton, 2006
2,863 Madre Hill, Malvern, 1993
2,801 Craig Jackson, Carlisle, 1995
2,785 Vernon Hicks, Elaine, 1998
2,767 Dearrius Howard, West Memphis, 2000
2,700 Iven Brown, Gosnell, 1998
2,631 Peyton Hillis, Conway, 2003
2,616 Jerry Eckwood, Brinkley, 1973
2,601 James White, West Memphis, 1984
2,546 Lenorse Bailey, McGehee, 1999

So this season, as a sophomore, Dyer will surpass Peyton Hillis's best season, and most likely D. Howard's. That's remarkable. If he has an average game (for him), and runs for over 183 yards, he would be #3 all-time in the history of Arkansas high school football. Wow!

RD™

Dudeness

WHO ME?

Thanks Bud I will take that under advice...You boys got any new recruits for the Championship game.....How bout next season........

Its getting closer to midnight......And guess what I don't think you will meet no Prince at this Ball

football_mom

Dyer's a pretty impressive runner & apparently he has put up some pretty impressive numbers. But I've heard that he's already 18 - is that true? If it is, will he even be eligible to play anymore after this season?

pt241

Quote from: football_mom on November 24, 2007, 09:29:34 pm
Dyer's a pretty impressive runner & apparently he has put up some pretty impressive numbers. But I've heard that he's already 18 - is that true? If it is, will he even be eligible to play anymore after this season?

Just turned 17 last month. Has 2 more years of eligibility.

football_mom

;D Thanks - I heard several rumors and just wanted to know the truth. Like I said - pretty darn impressive!!

KevinOMReb

November 24, 2007, 11:45:34 pm #15 Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 11:51:22 pm by KevinOMReb
Quote from: dogplayerdad (retired) on November 24, 2007, 09:28:54 pm
You guys are a load of ........
Thanks Bud I will take that under advice...You boys got any new recruits for the Championship game.....How bout next season........

Its getting closer to midnight......And guess what I don't think you will meet no Prince at this Ball

Man, what sad sportsmanship.  And the sorry thing is that many HS kids read and post on this board.  Nice role model on how to behave.  I will say that if you keep up the veiled cursing, I'll make sure you have you removed from the board.  (and you have been reported).

gwoodbballplaya12

Quote from: KevinOMReb on November 24, 2007, 11:45:34 pm

Man, what sad sportsmanship.  And the sorry thing is that many HS kids read and post on this board.  Nice role model on how to behave.  I will say that if you keep up the veiled cursing, I'll make sure you have you removed from the board.  (and you have been reported).
if your gonna say that about him,you say that about 70% of the people who post on here

vanfan

GWMOM

Quote from: KevinOMReb on November 24, 2007, 11:45:34 pm

You need to read more before you single one person out of the "VEILED CURSING".  I have read a lot of posts where people are saying the same thing.  If offended you must be guilty....

rzrbaks

so his senior year he is going to start the season 18...., but you can play if you start when you are 18 right? whats the rule on this?

LRCAfanForLife

this is horrible sprotsmanship. Dyer wasn't a recruit. He was told about our school by some friends and decided to come. Turns out he was a great football and basketball player, and since he is so good, ya'll call him a recruit. He isn't.

bigtank

i know dryer broke the record for rushing yards as a sophomore.

oh and here is rushing
Rushing Yards
Stat Type Who Stats School When
Career  Vernon Hicks         7,122 Elaine 1996-1998
Career  Jonathan Adams     6,714 Osceola 1994-1997
Career  Jonathan Bradley    6,493 Barton 1996-1998
Game   John Bunch            608 Elkins 1974 versus Winslow
Game   Vernon Hicks          449 Elaine 1996 versus Des Arc
Game   John Bunch            441 Elkins 1974 versus Yellville
Season Derek Lawson         3,093 Nettleton 2006
Season Madre Hill             2,863 Malvern 1993
Season Craig Jackson        2,790 Carlisle 1995

http://www.fearlessfriday.com/facts.php

Throwback1

Quote from: LRCAfanForLife on November 25, 2007, 08:41:51 pm

this is horrible sprotsmanship. Dyer wasn't a recruit. He was told about our school by some friends and decided to come. Turns out he was a great football and basketball player, and since he is so good, ya'll call him a recruit. He isn't.

The story is already well publicized.

rzrbaks

Quote from: Throwback1 on November 25, 2007, 09:07:43 pm

and from what i read, it might have been a friend, but it was also a booster of LRCA that asked him to come. that is the only thing thats bad, but that was in what, fifth grade? ppl need to let it go...

GWMOM

Quote from: rzrbaks on November 25, 2007, 09:49:22 pm

and from what i read, it might have been a friend, but it was also a booster of LRCA that asked him to come. that is the only thing thats bad, but that was in what, fifth grade? ppl need to let it go...
If you will read previous posts, it is against AAA rules for a booster to approach a kid about coming to their school.  The article also states that someone paid his tuition, provided him a place to live, etc.... He is the one that gave the information, so it should be the truth..

flashgordon

Quote from: fbplayerfan on November 25, 2007, 09:56:57 pm

If you will read previous posts, it is against AAA rules for a booster to approach a kid about coming to their school.  The article also states that someone paid his tuition, provided him a place to live, etc.... He is the one that gave the information, so it should be the truth..

If he was in 7th grade AAA would have jurisdiction.  But he wasn't so the AAA cannot rule for or against.  You need to get on the Dyer thread if you want to know all the details.  It is an old story, been approved by AAA so give it a rest.

GWMOM

Quote from: flashgordon on November 25, 2007, 10:09:26 pm
Quote from: fbplayerfan on November 25, 2007, 09:56:57 pm

If he was in 7th grade AAA would have jurisdiction.  But he wasn't so the AAA cannot rule for or against.  You need to get on the Dyer thread if you want to know all the details.  It is an old story, been approved by AAA so give it a rest.
The way to lay it to rest it to quit replying, ignore what is being said or asked.

Hoghead

I don't know why so many people are upset about LRCA's Michael Dyer. It's a done deal he's at the school. I mean Shilo, CAC and PA have all been guilty of getting a player or two by any means necessary. Just play the game! You're not gonna be able to stop schools with money from getting what they want until they go through the Charlie Wiess syndrom at Notre Dame. Then they still wont stop!

7AFBFAN

Did Dyer play 4 quarters very often this year? I know they mercy ruled Greenwood last time in three quarters so not sure if he had to play the 4th.

pt241

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on November 26, 2007, 02:50:48 pm
Did Dyer play 4 quarters very often this year? I know they mercy ruled Greenwood last time in three quarters so not sure if he had to play the 4th.

Not very often. Against Greenwood about 2.5 quarters and still had about 180 yards. Several game he only played the first half. I think he played all 4 against Vilonia,Harrison, and Siloam.

AARONG

A very important fact is that Michael Dyer desires more to be known as a good and respectful person than a football player. Prior to his uncle stepping into his life within the past 3 years to support and nurture this young man he faced many challenges that none of us have ever imagined. He was blessed by many families and children that saw a sweet and happy child that needed direction. Thank God for blessing this child with giving hearts. Michael was blessed with intelligence, charisma, heart and athletic talent among many other things.
Fact: he was 17 in October
Fact: he was not recruited, but, blessed by giving hearts and God's intervention
Fact: he will be eligible to play for two more years (barring injury he will get better...it may be impossible to get faster!)
Fact: he was again blessed by having his uncle and aunt brought in to his life to guide him into manhood (you would all be proud to call them friends)
Fact: athletic ability aside...I would be proud to have Michael be my son

I hope everyone of you pray for blessings upon Michael and for his safety as he continues his journey into manhood. I pray that my son has the heart, desire and abilities that Michael possesses off the field. What Michael does on the field is nothing less than spectacular....impressive is an understatement. But, seeing him several times a week around campus I can assure you that the most impressive asset he has is his smile and his heart.

I am a parent and fan of LRCA. I met many Greenwood fans at the first game this season and shared conversation with the parents of GW's "O" line #59. I searched that young man out after the game to tell him what a pleasure it was to meet his parents and watch him play. ( his momma told me he was a big ole boy and she was right!). the interaction I had with that young mans family showed me the class and hearts of the Greenwood team and families.
Many people posting on this board never played any sport...even football. Even more disturbing is the anonymity of the postings of negative and untrue comments. If you have good things to say..great...rah-rah, gamesmanship, team spirit, great...but, don't attempt to tear down a child, family or school.
Let's all support every kid on every team. They may never have this experience again or they may play for your beloved Hog's or another college someday. Either way, show them respect. Give them a world class environment to play in this Saturday. Be proud to say you saw these boys play in this Championship game. The true fans and families from each team won't dive into the ridiculous, untrue and childish banter.
You can create your own name...GW, Greenwood or LRCA, LRC in the name doesn't make anyone a true fan, student or family of thier respective teams... we all appreciate honesty, candor and respect.
My name is Aaron Gamewell and I wish each and every family, ever coach and every player a safe trip, a safe game and may the best team win.

jorpar

Why is everyone talking about Dyer? I do not hink he was in the top three in the regular season for total rushing yardage but maybe had the most carries. Who lead the state in total rushing yardage this year in the regular season? It was not Dyer.

onegearruss

Quote from: AARONG on November 28, 2007, 05:09:21 pm
A very important fact is that Michael Dyer desires more to be known as a good and respectful person than a football player. Prior to his uncle stepping into his life within the past 3 years to support and nurture this young man he faced many challenges that none of us have ever imagined. He was blessed by many families and children that saw a sweet and happy child that needed direction. Thank God for blessing this child with giving hearts. Michael was blessed with intelligence, charisma, heart and athletic talent among many other things.
Fact: he was 17 in October
Fact: he was not recruited, but, blessed by giving hearts and God's intervention
Fact: he will be eligible to play for two more years (barring injury he will get better...it may be impossible to get faster!)
Fact: he was again blessed by having his uncle and aunt brought in to his life to guide him into manhood (you would all be proud to call them friends)
Fact: athletic ability aside...I would be proud to have Michael be my son

I hope everyone of you pray for blessings upon Michael and for his safety as he continues his journey into manhood. I pray that my son has the heart, desire and abilities that Michael possesses off the field. What Michael does on the field is nothing less than spectacular....impressive is an understatement. But, seeing him several times a week around campus I can assure you that the most impressive asset he has is his smile and his heart.

I am a parent and fan of LRCA. I met many Greenwood fans at the first game this season and shared conversation with the parents of GW's "O" line #59. I searched that young man out after the game to tell him what a pleasure it was to meet his parents and watch him play. ( his momma told me he was a big ole boy and she was right!). the interaction I had with that young mans family showed me the class and hearts of the Greenwood team and families.
Many people posting on this board never played any sport...even football. Even more disturbing is the anonymity of the postings of negative and untrue comments. If you have good things to say..great...rah-rah, gamesmanship, team spirit, great...but, don't attempt to tear down a child, family or school.
Let's all support every kid on every team. They may never have this experience again or they may play for your beloved Hog's or another college someday. Either way, show them respect. Give them a world class environment to play in this Saturday. Be proud to say you saw these boys play in this Championship game. The true fans and families from each team won't dive into the ridiculous, untrue and childish banter.
You can create your own name...GW, Greenwood or LRCA, LRC in the name doesn't make anyone a true fan, student or family of thier respective teams... we all appreciate honesty, candor and respect.
My name is Aaron Gamewell and I wish each and every family, ever coach and every player a safe trip, a safe game and may the best team win.

Great first post

Agent Of Dyer

Quote from: jorpar on November 28, 2007, 05:40:51 pm
Why is everyone talking about Dyer? I do not hink he was in the top three in the regular season for total rushing yardage but maybe had the most carries. Who lead the state in total rushing yardage this year in the regular season? It was not Dyer.

um yes it was

jorpar

nice post but has nothing to do with the question/post... most rushing yards by an Arkansas HS student.. it's not Dyer. He did not even lead the state this year in rushing during the regular season.

Throwback1

Quote from: jorpar on November 28, 2007, 08:13:34 pm
nice post but has nothing to do with the question/post... most rushing yards by an Arkansas HS student.. it's not Dyer. He did not even lead the state this year in rushing during the regular season.
oh and here is rushing
Rushing Yards
Stat Type Who Stats School When
Career  Vernon Hicks         7,122 Elaine 1996-1998
Career  Jonathan Adams     6,714 Osceola 1994-1997
Career  Jonathan Bradley    6,493 Barton 1996-1998
Game   John Bunch            608 Elkins 1974 versus Winslow
Game   Vernon Hicks          449 Elaine 1996 versus Des Arc
Game   John Bunch            441 Elkins 1974 versus Yellville
Season Derek Lawson         3,093 Nettleton 2006
Season Madre Hill             2,863 Malvern 1993
Season Craig Jackson        2,790 Carlisle 1995

FridayFan

I am almost positive dyer is in the lead now. Blackmon of bentonville was the leader in the state in rushing at the end of regular season with 2296 yards, he then played catholic and added 242yds, so 2538yd, they then played faytown and i  was shut down to 58 yds, 2596yd,   as of now dyer is at 2628, if he has his average against greenwood which is 202, 2830, which would put him 3rd in all time rushing in a single season.....

onegearruss

onegearruss

FridayFan

jorpar

How many offers from D1 schools has Dyer received?

Marionpats07™

Might as well add Dennis Johnson to that list. He has over 4,000 yards to end his high school career.

jorpar

The question should be who has the best average per carry not total yardage. For example, various players have played more games than others. Some players played 10 games while some may have played as many as 13 or 14 games due to playoffs. 

Marionpats07™

Dennis Johnson
2005 150 tc 1734 yds  -avg 11.6  18 tds
2006 200 tc 1500 yds  -avg 7.5    16 tds
2007 208 tc 1466 yds  -avg 7.0    20 tds

Career - 558tc    4700 yds  -avg 8.4  54 tds

Just his rushing Stats

Heres his 2007 full stats
Recieving  6 catches for 138 yds avg 23 yds and 2 tds
Kickoff returns 5 for 191 yds 38.2 avg
Punt returns
9 for 361 yds 40.1 avg and 4 tds

Total yardage for the 2007 season 2156 yds and 26 tds and a 156 points scored

OldBlue

There's no question that he's good.  This year he's got a very good line and QB/RW....I think these guys ought get some credit......it may be harder next year without them...

bigtank

Quote from: jorpar on November 29, 2007, 10:54:17 am

all i know is LSU, and if LSU wants him, most teams do.

FridayFan

Quote from: bigtank on November 29, 2007, 06:43:27 pm
Quote from: jorpar on November 29, 2007, 10:54:17 am

all i know is LSU, and if LSU wants him, most teams do.

you cant get recruited until your jr year is over.... teams can show interest but not recruited... and yes this past summer, at the LSU camp, they liked him, he worked his way up to doing drills and scrimages with their recruits. and MD has always wanted to go there

Marionpats07™

Well, take a  look at USC. They have probably a hand full or more of the top backs in the country. But do they use them all? No, just because your wanted doesn't mean your amazing.

CrookedCreekRoots

According to the ADG this morning... "Dyer is Arkansas' leading rusher with 2,638 yards (a sophomore state record) and 28 touchdowns."

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas