• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

End of discussion...

Started by JackStar, December 11, 2006, 04:24:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JackStar

I have been working as hard as I know how to work today to get this together.  This is a video from a camera by the warren east lab.  It shows (shockingly clearly) that the ball hit the ground in the endzone before Wright's body did.  Enjoy... tune into to channel 7 if you are not a believer.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2717016620649470349

Implant Guy

Is there a way to slow it down?

sam

Is that video gonna fit on a ring?

JackStar

Quote from: sam on December 11, 2006, 04:31:51 pm
Is that video gonna fit on a ring?
that doesn't make sense

Quote from: Implant Guy on December 11, 2006, 04:30:41 pm
Is there a way to slow it down?
um...the best thing I can tell you to do is try to pause it at the precise moment.  Here soon I'll try to get a screenshot up...I've gotten pretty good at stopping it at that point today....

jackfan1™

Well, that was pretty clear to me. It is obvious he dove and the ball hit the ground beyond the white stripe before any of his body hit the ground.
Sad thing is, it will never matter or make a difference other than to Warren's folks and few scattered supporters. But, the proof is in the pudding as they say and this is a big old bowl of pudding!

Thanks for your effort.

Scrapper Slapper

Too bad it doesn't matter.  You are right.  Great game Intangible!

LJ06

Good job Intangible!  Best evidence yet, Wright did cross before he was down.  Too bad it dosen't matter tho...

sam

We have a crack team of officials working on the review.  It looks like Warren may indeed get the call reversed once and for all.

stina_ar

Good video.

Why did you point out that the "BLACK JUDGE" called it?

Scrapper Slapper

Quote from: sam on December 11, 2006, 04:36:20 pm
We have a crack team of officials working on the review.  It looks like Warren may indeed get the call reversed once and for all.

What was that line from that commercial...the official is a donkey or something like that?

jackfan1™

Quote from: fobcat_ban on December 11, 2006, 04:38:46 pm
Good video.

BACk judge

JackStar

Quote from: fobcat_ban on December 11, 2006, 04:38:46 pm
Good video.

i believe it says "BACK"

stina_ar

Okay, thank you to everyone who pointed out my mistake.
Apparently, I'm semi-illiterate.

HA_Fan

That is HORRIBLE.  He's obviously in EVEN AT FULL SPEED.

Sorry, Warren.  I wish there was some recourse for you.

JackStar

Quote from: Moron Detector on December 11, 2006, 04:34:37 pm
Too bad it doesn't matter.  You are right.  Great game Intangible!
I really appreciate that and all of the other compliments.

jackfan1™

Quote from: fobcat_ban on December 11, 2006, 04:41:52 pm

Nah, it is what we fondly call "mental-pausal" moments. ;)

panther_pride

I've watched it about thirty times and I've come to my conclusion... Wright dives for the endzone, pulls the ball back and lands... He then extends, NO GOOD. Just my opinion though... I might change my mind after I download it and slow it down.

stina_ar

Quote from: sam on December 11, 2006, 04:44:04 pm
Quote from: fobcat_ban on December 11, 2006, 04:41:52 pm

She's always got black on her mind. 

Tru dat

JackStar

Quote from: pantherfan56 on December 11, 2006, 04:45:55 pm
I've watched it about thirty times and I've come to my conclusion... Wright dives for the endzone, pulls the ball back and lands... He then extends, NO GOOD. Just my opinion though... I might change my mind after I download it and slow it down.
how would the nashville player kick the ball out of his hand if he tucks it in....

panther_pride

Quote from: intangible on December 11, 2006, 04:46:36 pm
Quote from: pantherfan56 on December 11, 2006, 04:45:55 pm
how would the nashville player kick the ball out of his hand if he tucks it in....
I see that happening after he extends the final time.

sam

We've seen it from about 10 angles in pictures and videos and we are still somewhat split. How can we expect the official who got to see it once in regular speed to get it right?

I think he got in, I just think Warren fans think they are special and they are the only ones who have ever lost a big game on a blown call.

It happens, deal with it.

hogwild31

How in the heck did they not rule that good?  I have no ties to either team, but it is horrible to see Warren get screwed like that.  Warren Lumberjacks, the true 2006 4A State Champions

PA Pressbox

Quote from: sam on December 11, 2006, 04:36:20 pm

Hey, make up all of the vision jokes you want; but, let's don't accuse anyone of being on Crack!  You have absolutely no proof that there is crack inside that booth.

A JETS MI MONK

I hate to see that video and then know it wasn't ruled good.  Bummer for Warren.

AirWarren

every time i watch that video, it makes me sick to know that we got jipped... so its coming on channel 7?? i didnt know that.. i know julie did write them today though

archaic

I think it is pretty clear now.

BringbckSingletary

RD™

Wow.

In light of new evidence, its official Nashville's title is tainted.

ARFan

Great job John! a still shot from that video is on facebook if you want to add it on here.
That is proof of who really won...no whining about it.

Go Jacks...the REAL state champs!

softyball

I was able to stop the video as the ball would have broken the plane, and what keeps bugging me, is the angle of the QB at this point.  How can his knees not be dragging the ground?

Orange rush

that's an easy answer, because it makes all the scrapper haters and warren following feel better. 

HA_Fan

Quote from: Orange rush on December 11, 2006, 06:42:14 pm
that's an easy answer, because it makes all the scrapper haters and warren following feel better. 

I wouldn't be so cocky about a game I won because of a bad call.

Cambodian Midget

December 11, 2006, 06:53:19 pm #32 Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 06:55:10 pm by Cambodian Midget
Quote from: Fred Garvin M.P. on December 11, 2006, 06:37:14 pm
I was able to stop the video as the ball would have broken the plane, and what keeps bugging me, is the angle of the QB at this point.  How can his knees not be dragging the ground?

Maybe because one second earlier he left his feet diving into the endzone?

Warren got completely screwed, everyone on here from Nashville that is defending the call with evidence 100% to the contrary should be ashamed of yourselves.

There is clearly visible turf under his knees, and the ball is a full ball-length into paydirt. 

softyball

Quote from: Cambodian Midget on December 11, 2006, 06:53:19 pm

Maybe because one second earlier he left his feet diving into the endzone?

Warren got completely screwed, everyone on here from Nashville that is defending the call with evidence 100% to the contrary should be ashamed of yourselves.

When you look closely at the image I posted, there is no way he is completely in the air,  look at the angle of his body.

HA_Fan

Quote from: Fred Garvin M.P. on December 11, 2006, 06:57:32 pm
When you look closely at the image I posted, there is no way he is completely in the air,  look at the angle of his body.

Watch the video again.  He's completely in the air.

seark66

Quote from: Fred Garvin M.P. on December 11, 2006, 06:57:32 pmWhen you look closely at the image I posted, there is no way he is completely in the air,  look at the angle of his body.

You can see turf under him. He was in the air with possession of the football when he broke the plane of the endzone.

Orange rush

the only thing clear about that picture is there is nothing conclusive period.  The people with the best angle on the play made the call.  Here's an idea, how about if you leave it in the hands of someone to make a call you are 50/50, if he just runs into the endzone standing up or clearly makes it in no problem.

I'm proud that we are 28 in a row, there's nothing conclusive to prove otherwise.  Better Luck next time....

seark66

Quote from: Orange rush on December 11, 2006, 07:01:02 pm
the only thing clear about that picture is there is nothing conclusive period.  The people with the best angle on the play made the call.  Here's an idea, how about if you leave it in the hands of someone to make a call you are 50/50, if he just runs into the endzone standing up or clearly makes it in no problem.

I'm proud that we are 28 in a row, there's nothing conclusive to prove otherwise.  Better Luck next time....

er...27 games and a title everyone outside of Howard County knows you shouldn't have.

softyball

When you look at the video, yes he looks like superman going in, but In the image I posted, he was nowhere near horizontal. 

HA_Fan

Quote from: Fred Garvin M.P. on December 11, 2006, 07:04:23 pm
When you look at the video, yes he looks like superman going in, but In the image I posted, he was nowhere near horizontal. 

So do you go on a larger video that shows the entire play or a tiny still shot?

jackfan1™

Look at his toes.
They are plainly visible.
While that might not mean much to a  casual observer, let me explain from my experience of years of dance, karate, and cheerleading. Before you laugh it off, there is a valid kinetic link. If you notice, his toes are pointed and both feet appear evenly spaced in relation to each other. It is not physically possible to point your toes evenly with your other foot if one of your knees is bent. To touch the ground from the plane his body is on, he would have had to  bend his leg, either from the knee or hip.
Again, phoo phoo it all you want but you can verify this information with anyone who has spent years observing this very position since it is a crucial movement in dance, cheer moves, and yes, even in karate. One of the scoring points in these competitions is keeping the feet together, toes pointed. I know this may sound silly and "stretching" to those who want to discredit the claim but it goes beyond that if you just look at it with unbiased eyes. You can even prove it to yourself. Put a mat on the floor, take a running start, project your body forward and stretch your arms out. You cannot touch the floor with your knees unless you break your projection. If you do that your hands will be one of the last things to hit.
Regardless of whether you believe he scored the point, the body is designed a certain way and this video shows his toes pointed, feet were unilateral, and his hands hit the ground first. In this case, it just happened to be over a little white line on the field.......then his body followed the trajectory and he landed on his stomach and legs. Like diving in a pool......your hands hit first, then the rest of you. If your knee hits first, you do a belly flop.

And I agree, this has been picked to death but in all honesty, I understand why.

Orange rush

people in warren or picked warren to win are the only people that are soooooo positive that he was in. Any neutral parties would say that the evidence is no where close to conclusive, anyway all the record books show nashville at 28. Tired of this argument, i'm not going to change anyone mind, and my mind is made up, and history will agree with me.

seark66

Quote from: HA_Fan™ on December 11, 2006, 07:07:26 pmSo do you go on a larger video that shows the entire play or a tiny still shot?

When you are searching for ways to defend your tainted title...you go on a tiny still shot.

A JETS MI MONK

What about all the people who said they had no dog in the race yet keep saying that Warren won?

softyball

Quote from: seark66 on December 11, 2006, 07:08:52 pm
Quote from: HA_Fan™ on December 11, 2006, 07:07:26 pmSo do you go on a larger video that shows the entire play or a tiny still shot?

When you are searching for ways to defend your tainted title...you go on a tiny still shot.

This is Warrens Video, at exactly the size presented.  You cannot argue about the angle of his body, regardless of the size of the image.

JackStar

Quote from: Fred Garvin M.P. on December 11, 2006, 07:12:54 pm
Quote from: seark66 on December 11, 2006, 07:08:52 pm

This is Warrens Video, at exactly the size presented.  You cannot argue about the angle of his body, regardless of the size of the image.
well...stay tuned to channel 7... the shot won't be so small then...

HA_Fan

Quote from: Orange rush on December 11, 2006, 07:08:38 pm
people in warren or picked warren to win are the only people that are soooooo positive that he was in. Any neutral parties would say that the evidence is no where close to conclusive,

As I stated earlier.  I am not from or for either town/school.  I know 2 people from Nashville and none from Warren.  I have not seen either team play in person.  I did not make a prediction.  I expected a tight game.  I have absolutely no stake in this.

The video is very clear.  The ball crosses the plane while his entire body is in the air.  If it's that obvious in an online video, I would love to see it on a TV.

Quote from: Orange rush on December 11, 2006, 07:08:38 pmanyway all the record books show nashville at 28.

I'm guessing it will end up higher than that.

Quote from: Orange rush on December 11, 2006, 07:08:38 pmmy mind is made up

That's obvious.

Quote from: Orange rush on December 11, 2006, 07:08:38 pmand history will agree with me.

I doubt it.

This is the type of call that brought about instant replay in the NFL and NCAA.  There is nothing worse than a game-changing mistake by an official in a championship game.

ljmom

I didn't have an opinion, one way or another, until I saw the video.  It looks like Jay was in. 

For the Nashville fans who say that the ONLY people who agree are Warren fans, and those who picked Warren to win.... Explain the posters who have CHANGED their opinions, or just made up their minds about the play,  AFTER viewing the video. 

It doesn't look like the call was that difficult either.  I saw it in one viewing at full speed.  I don't see how anyone who was "right on top of the play" could have missed it, unless they weren't paying attention or had other motives.

LJ06

hey intangible...when do u think it'll be on channel 7?

Night Train

Just watched the video of the two point conversion try. Oh, my! I have no reason to pick one of these teams over the other, but the kid from Warren scored. That was an awful call.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas