• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AAA TOP 10

Started by Barbados, December 08, 2006, 12:14:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

herws

January 31, 2007, 01:16:07 pm #150 Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 01:20:32 pm by herws
I don't think Hughes will win it, but I will take it. But with the regional tourney being the way it is set-up Hughes, Bergman, or Valley will end up playing again because two of those three will be on the same side of the bracket after regionals. I don't see Hughes or Prescott beating Valley or Bergman up there. They would have a chance to beat them everywhere else except where this tourney is played.

Fat Money

Quote from: herws on January 31, 2007, 01:16:07 pm
I don't think Hughes will win it, but I will take it. But with the regional tourney being the way it is set-up Hughes, Bergman, or Valley will end up playing again because two of those three will be on the same side of the bracket after regionals. I don't see Hughes or Prescott beating Valley or Bergman up there. They would have a chance to beat them everywhere else except where this tourney is played.
Hey, teams have got to win on the road in all kinds of conditions to become a state champ. If they can't win on the road they're not deserving.

herws

That is exactly right and I have said that earlier in this thread.

wolfpride 2

"You play to win the game!"

ghoti

Quote from: herws on January 31, 2007, 09:48:48 am
The only question I bring up for debate is, what team has Prescott played that is better than the teams that beat Shiloh and Hughes?
myrtle ms (24-5) is the best team prescott has faced they were 14-2 when prescott played them prescott was 4-0 and won by 11 i think the margin was up to 18 or 20 at one point. they ha vent played them this year but Prescott's group has played magnolia many times and i don't think they have every lost to them. if you took Prescott's team split them in half they would go 1-2 in this conference.

herws

Yeah, I know about Myrtle, they are 23-5 and ranked No. 1 in Mississippi in 1A.
I don't think there are many conferences in 3A that are very tough. Everything is very top heavy with 1 or 2 good teams in each conference.

wolfpride5_2009

Quote from: fridaynightfan on January 31, 2007, 01:27:00 pm
Quote from: Fat Money on January 31, 2007, 01:24:52 pm
Hey, teams have got to win on the road in all kinds of conditions to become a state champ. If they can't win on the road they're not deserving.

Well said.
I agree

piratepride209

Quote from: saintfan112 on January 29, 2007, 10:47:15 am
The Current ADG Super Six Rankings for 3A are as follows:
BOYS
1. Shiloh Christian
2. Lamar
3. Valley Springs
4. Prescott
5. Riverview
6. Bergman
GIRLS
1. East Poinsett County
2. Bergman
3. Marshall
4. West Fork
5. Pangburn
6. Harding Academy

The WF Lady Tigers have had a good season so far....anyone know thier record?

Whole Grain

Quote from: piratepride209 on February 01, 2007, 09:16:26 pm
Quote from: saintfan112 on January 29, 2007, 10:47:15 am
The Current ADG Super Six Rankings for 3A are as follows:
BOYS
1. Shiloh Christian
2. Lamar
3. Valley Springs
4. Prescott
5. Riverview
6. Bergman
GIRLS
1. East Poinsett County
2. Bergman
3. Marshall
4. West Fork
5. Pangburn
6. Harding Academy

The WF Lady Tigers have had a good season so far....anyone know thier record?

the lady tigers r very good and will make run for the state championship with the twin  towers down low

dayoldbread

Guess I know a little about the WF girls. They do have the twins, and they have some guards worth worrying about. However, they lost a key player BCone out with ACL tear. Also lost some helper bees to knee injuries. They have also had trouble keeping players on the team. Seems some of them don't like hard work and sacrifice...it's not fun. :'(  If they can hold on, not fight with each other, and not lose anyone else, they have a good chance of going to State. Will they win, hard to say.

British Bulldog

What are you all talking about! You are all crazy! What about the West Fork boys basketball team.

ruborn2

Quote from: British Bulldog on February 02, 2007, 07:45:33 pm
What are you all talking about! You are all crazy! What about the West Fork boys basketball team.

Top Ten?

British Bulldog

well dayoldbread they didn't look like state potential tonight they will have to bounce back from that if they want to make a run for state

rcline112

Here are the latest ADG SuperSix results:

BOYS
1. Shiloh Christian 18-4
2. Lamar              21-1
3. Prescott          17-0
4. Valley Springs   30-3
5. Bergman           26-4
6. Hughes            19-3

GIRLS
1. East Poinsett County 23-0
2. Bergman                  31-2
3. Marshall                   24-2
4. West Fork                21-3
5. Harding Academy       20-4
6. Mineral Springs          18-4

Mark Few's pupil

Exactly, that is why Valley and Bergman have such a huge advantage over Hughes.

wonderboys

I think that there will be SEVERAL great games this year. I do not think that there will be very many blow outs after the initial round of 16 (that one will probably hold blowouts in about half of the games.) I believe that there will be at least one team that hasn't been mentioned as an elite team that will make it to the final four. I don't have a prediction of who that team will be (possibly someone from the southeast) but I will say that there will be an overlooked team that will make some noise.

Chickenhead

I don't know what Bergman or Valley have on their squad, but if they are going to be state champs, they better be able to run up and down the court.  Prescott can score so fast and the bench is soooooo deep.  The talent level is extremely high.  Down side-- have not played a lot of comp this year.  No close games this year.  Mercy ruled 15 of 19 games.  What will happen if we have to run a half court offense, who knows?

wolfpride5_2009

Exactly. A team good enough to become state champion SHOULD be able to play in any kind of condition anywhere.  Anyone has a shot this year, Good luck to everyone, but my money is on Prescott.

wonderboys

Valley Springs is having a lot of injury a the wrong time of the year. Hopefully all will be healthy so that the Regional and State Tournaments can live up to the hype.

wonderboys

Quote from: fridaynightfan on February 13, 2007, 08:47:48 am
Quote from: wonderboys on February 11, 2007, 10:11:33 pm
Valley Springs is having a lot of injury a the wrong time of the year. Hopefully all will be healthy so that the Regional and State Tournaments can live up to the hype.

Wow! I couldn't believe how many injuries they have been hit with lately.

Yeah, I can see one or MAYBE two injuries, but what they have is just plain crazy.

athletic supporter

Who has been hurt for Valley?

wonderboys

The list of who isn't hurt may be shorter.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas