• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yep its true

Started by O-Line Forever, August 10, 2006, 04:18:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

O-Line Forever

Since a lot of you won't listen to what us ASU fans have to say I will say it for you in my last post on this board ever. And no I wont even be looking at how you dumb hog fans reply to this. Frank Broyles sucks butt. He is an old man that needs to die. Ok Miami a national title contender isn't scared to play Florida International. Texas A&M plays Texas State (D-1AA). Tennessee plays Middle Tennessee State. West Virginia plays Marshall. Arkansas isn't any where near the prestige of these programs. Plain and simple Arkansas is scared of ASU why else wouldn't you play us. All you fans that say you have nothing to gain by playing us well ask your self this. What do you gain by playing UL - Monroe, Utah State, and Southeast Missouri State. Are you bitter because you had to sit at home and watch us play in a bowl. You poor pigglets you'll never understand. I would run scared from Arkansas State to. I'm just saying what all the other ASU fans are scared to say. Because you drunk hog fans beat them up to the point where they stay in their own part of the board. Screw the U OF A and screw the Hogs fans. To me pigglet nation is dead. I'm just going to pretend you guys don't exist eather. HOGS = Suck ASU = Greatness. Now I'm tired of playing with you 16 year old dorks. HOW LONG WILL THE HOGS RUN!!! Go stAte Arkansas only bowl bound team.

superfan

Are you done whining yet? ::) ::) ::)

n0toriousnrg

You're just jealous because we (in Fayetteville) graduate with a higher starting salary.  And why does your sig AND your "caption" root for the hogs?

You a skitzo?

ASU Rugby

Quote from: LampPost on August 10, 2006, 04:21:24 pm
You're just jealous because we (in Fayetteville) graduate with a higher starting salary.

Depends what field you are going into. But it is only logical for the school with the most funding to have the best facilities.

RD™

Quote from: O-Line Forever on August 10, 2006, 04:18:42 pm
Since a lot of you won't listen to what us ASU fans have to say I will say it for you in my last post on this board ever. And no I wont even be looking at how you dumb hog fans reply to this. Frank Broyles sucks butt. He is an old man that needs to die. Ok Miami a national title contender isn't scared to play Florida International. Texas A&M plays Texas State (D-1AA). Tennessee plays Middle Tennessee State. West Virginia plays Marshall. Arkansas isn't any where near the prestige of these programs. Plain and simple Arkansas is scared of ASU why else wouldn't you play us. All you fans that say you have nothing to gain by playing us well ask your self this. What do you gain by playing UL - Monroe, Utah State, and Southeast Missouri State. Are you bitter because you had to sit at home and watch us play in a bowl. You poor pigglets you'll never understand. I would run scared from Arkansas State to. I'm just saying what all the other ASU fans are scared to say. Because you drunk hog fans beat them up to the point where they stay in their own part of the board. Screw the U OF A and screw the Hogs fans. To me pigglet nation is dead. I'm just going to pretend you guys don't exist eather. HOGS = Suck ASU = Greatness. Now I'm tired of playing with you 16 year old dorks. HOW LONG WILL THE HOGS RUN!!! Go stAte Arkansas only bowl bound team.
Glad you're gone, you won't be missed.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: O-Line Forever on August 10, 2006, 04:18:42 pmHe is an old man that needs to die.

This is the sentiment of the majority of the hardcore ashit fans.

Yes, they are loons. 

Hornet31

Yea Arkansas wud blow Arkansas State out.The arent ready for Felix and Darren.Come on now.Then diffently that cnt handle Marcus Monk(one of the best recievers in the nation).

buffalofan5

I don't like to get into Astate vs. U of A crap but.. Why dosn't U of A want to play ASU? Like the guy said..all other states have rivalries. I don't see anything wrong with it..I don't think U of A is scared of the Indians but I would like to see a good in-state rivalry game every year.

ASU Rugby

Im done arguing, because the basic response I get every time is that the hogs dont want to play us. And thats about the only reasoning behind it. But I really dont care about playing mid level BCS schools. We get to play OSU at LR, thats good enough for me.

Uncle Ivan

There's plenty of reasons why Arkansas shouldn't play aswallow, with the basic premise being that it in no way could benefit the University.

Myself personally, I wouldn't mind seeing it once, just to see asuck take a pounding akin to what Debbie endured when she did Dallas and half the state of New Mexico.

SooieHog83

If ASU would quit whining about the UofA we might just give you guys some props.  >:(

RD™

Quote from: Hornet31 on August 10, 2006, 06:11:10 pm
Yea Arkansas wud blow Arkansas State out.The arent ready for Felix and Darren.Come on now.Then diffently that cnt handle Marcus Monk(one of the best recievers in the nation).
Don't ever post again.

Uncle Ivan

Again, this needs to be seen:

He is an old man that needs to die.

No, dear squaw, the only thing that needs to die is your tax money-eating rathole of a football program, and I will die of laughter when that happens.

rabs_fan4life

Quote from: LampPost on August 10, 2006, 04:21:24 pm
You're just jealous because we (in Fayetteville) graduate with a higher starting salary.  And why does your sig AND your "caption" root for the hogs?

You a skitzo?
This raises a very good question?

Lord Infamous™

Why don't you people that want to know so bad write a letter to the U of A instead of asking us?.....Just a suggestion.

Kaleb_QB8

Quote from: buffalofan5 on August 10, 2006, 06:12:45 pm
I don't like to get into Astate vs. U of A crap but.. Why dosn't U of A want to play ASU? Like the guy said..all other states have rivalries. I don't see anything wrong with it..I don't think U of A is scared of the Indians but I would like to see a good in-state rivalry game every year.

Just because those teams play small in-state teams do not mean their rivalries... And I doubt ASU vs. ARK would become a rivalry because it would be so lopsided...

gojackets14

Quote from: O-Line Forever on August 10, 2006, 04:18:42 pm
Funniest thing I ever heard, I couldn't stop laughing at this dude. lol

dc24

Obviously O-Line Forever has some problems.  I don't wish Frank Broyles to die, that's lunacy.  I think he needs to retire but if he still thinks he can do his job then he has a right to stay there and it's not like Frank is the only guy preventing this game.  I agree that the Hogs are scared.  Every other university in the continental U.S. plays in-state schools and not near as many people at either the bigger school or smaller school get their panties in a wad about it as UA and ASU fans do.  I understand fully that UA thinks they have nothing to gain by playing ASU.  I beg to differ, first of all it increases attendance for one game.  Everyone knows that DWR Razorback Stadium is not going to sell out for SEMO or USU, why not play ASU every two or three years and sell out.  It also creates more interest in football in this state.  Every Saturday there is a big write-up on who Arkansas is playing and people would rather read about ASU playing the Hogs instead of USU.  Also would losing to ASU be more embarressing than losing to The Citadel, SEMO, Mizzou St., ULL, ULM, North Texas, USU, NMSU, or SMU.  That's really all I got to say and I know most won't agree but that's ok, I'm not going to go off the deep end like this guy. ;D

Uncle Ivan

- Arkansas has already sold out its stadium for this year.

- There already is a great deal of interest in football in this state.  Arkansas squashing a Squaw cupcake wouldn't generate much more, if any.

- Arkansas likely never will fall to the level where they'd lose to SMU, the Citadel, or a Sun Belt team.

Some ASU folks need to realize that Frank did not begin that policy, and his successor will have to agree to continue it. 

Arkansas is not scared of an ASU team that would've been given a fight by Springdale High last fall. 

Anything else? 

chrismurphy19

August 11, 2006, 01:25:52 am #19 Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 01:32:46 am by Chris Murphy
Arkansas is not scared. Like many people have said many times, Arkansas stands to gain absolutely NOTHING from a game with asuck. We win, it's just another victory over a team from one of the worst football conferences in the country.

As for Frank Broyles...there are times when I do wish he would just retire. But then I look at all he's done, and is still doing for the athletic department. He led the way in getting us the nicest indoor track facility in the nation, the nicest outdoor track facility in the nation, a top tier basketball arena (with a brand new scoreboard out of nowhere, I believe that was 4 years ago?), top tier football facilities. Frank Broyles has been a great athletic director for the U of A. Yeah, he's had his screw ups, but who hasn't? O Line forever certainly had one when he started this thread. asuck had one when they decided to have a university. We're all human, and we all make mistakes.

dc24

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on August 11, 2006, 01:09:27 am
- Arkansas has already sold out its stadium for this year.

- There already is a great deal of interest in football in this state.  Arkansas squashing a Squaw cupcake wouldn't generate much more, if any.

- Arkansas likely never will fall to the level where they'd lose to SMU, the Citadel, or a Sun Belt team.

Some ASU folks need to realize that Frank did not begin that policy, and his successor will have to agree to continue it. 

Arkansas is not scared of an ASU team that would've been given a fight by Springdale High last fall. 

Anything else? 

1.  There's no way that all their home games are sold out already

2.  Arkansas would not squash ASU.  They haven't squashed ASU in the past and because of this stupid policy they will likely never squash ASU or beat them or lose to them.

3.  SMU owned Arkansas not too long ago and they have already lost to The Citadel and it could happen again.  ULL played them to a 24-17 game and I think Hamlin picked off a pass in the endzone when ULL was close to scoring to tie it up.

4.  I know Frank didn't start it and I know the successor will likely not end the policy.

5.  Springdale would have been blown out of the water had they played any college team in this state other than maybe UAM.  Oh and Arkansas is scared.  No more, no less.

Oh and to Chris Murphy, I agree about Broyles he's done a great job but time is catching up to him and he needs to go retire and relax the rest of his life(even if he does live forever).  I understand Arkansas has nothing to gain, but what does Texas have to gain playing Rice and UNT.  What does Ohio State have to gain playing Bowling Green?  What does Tennessee have to gain playing Memphis and MTSU?  What does West Virginia have to gain playing Marshall?  Oh and a story here, Marshall which finished 12-16 last year in basketball beat WVU and they still made it to the sweet sixteen.  The year before WVU's Elite Eight team lost to a 6-22 Marshall, yet they still play and Marshall has not risen up and taken over the state.  They also have a football contract and whoever wins the most out of the next 3 years gets to have the 2009 game at home.  That's how you decide it on the field.  Oh back to the point, what does Texas A&M gain playing SMU and Texas State?  What does Oklahoma gain playing Tulsa?  Do you get the point yet?????  They're scared crapless!!!  All these schools and alot more have enough guts to play, yet UA does not.

Oh and nice shot at ASU by saying they made a mistake having a university.  Yeah lets take away every university other than Arkansas and force everyone to go to school there and if they don't get in then they stay in state and find a job because they're a BY GOD traiter if they go to any other university.

n0toriousnrg

Quote from: dc24 on August 11, 2006, 02:59:53 am
Yeah lets take away every university other than Arkansas and force everyone to go to school there and if they don't get in then they stay in state and find a job because they're a BY GOD traiter if they go to any other university.

sounds perfect.

relax, i kid i kid.

pioneerbasketball

Why don't you play uca then?

PHIL IS MY HERO aka RTVM

August 11, 2006, 09:40:25 am #23 Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 09:42:26 am by PHIL IS MY HERO aka RTVM
Quote from: BigToe on August 11, 2006, 08:43:05 am
Why don't you play uca then?

They did.  Several years ago they had a home and home series with astate. 

Quote from: Chris Murphy on August 11, 2006, 01:25:52 am
Arkansas is not scared. Like many people have said many times, Arkansas stands to gain absolutely NOTHING from a game with asuck. We win, it's just another victory over a team from one of the worst football conferences in the country.

As for Frank Broyles...there are times when I do wish he would just retire. But then I look at all he's done, and is still doing for the athletic department. He led the way in getting us the nicest indoor track facility in the nation, the nicest outdoor track facility in the nation, a top tier basketball arena (with a brand new scoreboard out of nowhere, I believe that was 4 years ago?), top tier football facilities. Frank Broyles has been a great athletic director for the U of A. Yeah, he's had his screw ups, but who hasn't? O Line forever certainly had one when he started this thread. asuck had one when they decided to have a university. We're all human, and we all make mistakes.

Murph, although I must agree with the fact that it would not benefit the UA to play ASU, i still ponder this.  Why would you dare give a game to an old sun belt conference team in Little Rock, and let them count it as a home game, just to meet their D-1 attendance requirements, but shun a team from your own state. 

And, for what it is worth, UT playing MTSU is actually a law that was passed in the Tennessee Legislature.  There is no way they would play them if it hadn't been. 

I guess you indian fans can always start calling your representatives and senators!  Get Dustin McDaniel to help ya!

And last, NO, Arkansas has not sold out every home game this year.  If that was the case, I would not have been able to get my tickets to the UT game november 11.  I got them last week. 

Piggies, I really do see your stance on the matter.  Heck, if I was AD, I wouldn't play them either.  BUT, i think it would be great for the State of Arkansas.  And, I think that it would be something good to let legislation on, since, that is ultimately who has the purse strings for both institutions!  Afterall, it would generate much more income than a la tech or la monroe game of such. 

memphisguy

As big a Hog fan as the next guy, I wished Arkansas would play ASU. I don't think the game would be close, especially in the next three or four years. The basketball game would be a complete blow out.
Arkansas has zero to gain out of the game, just like Tennesssee has zero to gain from playing Memphis (as a Tiger fan I realize that).

ASU Rugby

You saying that Arkansas has nothing to benefit from it and me saying they just dont want to play us is virtually the same thing. Like I said earlier, Im not going to come on here and cry about a mid level BCS school over 200 miles away from us for whatever reason not playing instate schools. I would much rather play schools like Memphis and Southern Miss.

My problem with the UofA has not been the basic fact they dont play Arkansas, its that they dont play instate schools in general, and yes, this is costing the school money. But if they want to flush money down the toilet just to avoid playing John Brown, as long as its not tax dollars, I dont really care.

Lions84

You astate boys need to worry about beating ARMY before you cry about wanting to play the HOGS!

GO ARMY BEAT ASBOOHOO

ASU Rugby

Quote from: Lions84 on August 11, 2006, 12:41:01 pm
You astate boys need to worry about beating ARMY before you cry about wanting to play the HOGS!

GO ARMY BEAT ASBOOHOO

Its not as much ASU fans as ASU fan

chrismurphy19

Quote from: PHIL IS MY HERO  aka RTVM on August 11, 2006, 09:40:25 am
Piggies, I really do see your stance on the matter.  Heck, if I was AD, I wouldn't play them either.  BUT, i think it would be great for the State of Arkansas.  And, I think that it would be something good to let legislation on, since, that is ultimately who has the purse strings for both institutions!  Afterall, it would generate much more income than a la tech or la monroe game of such. 

As different as you and I seem to be, it's surprising that we see eye to eye on so much stuff, RTVM. I agree that an Arkansas-ASU game would be probably be a good revenue draw for the state, a lot more so than ULM (the games against ULM are fun for about one quarter, then they get REALLY boring). I think it would only last so long, though. I'm not trying to dog state, but they just don't have the athletes, the facilities, or the funding to compete with Arkansas. Yes, they have gotten better. But Arkansas has progressed at the same or a better pace. Many preseason magazines that I have read say that for the Hogs, 8 wins is very probable. The Sporting News is saying that USC's best chance to be upset is against the Razorbacks. I don't know if you agree or not, RTVM, but Arkansas football program is on the rise. It would be good for a while, but after a few years, I can see the majority of Hog fans wanting ASU off the schedule to make room for a high profile team from a BCS conference (I'd love to see a Big 10 school on the Hogs' schedule).

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas