• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Next year's AA state champ

Started by all knowing, December 13, 2005, 03:47:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bleedgreen

Thanks whoknows, very funny.  Hope to see those Outlaws later in the season.

all knowing

Quote from: DNH36 on April 18, 2006, 12:27:34 pm
all knowing, why do you dislike Danville's coaching staff so much?
Sorry, haven't been on here in a while.  I really don't have anything against the d-ville coaches, but I get tired of hearing how good they are when they aren't.  They take players out of positions they're great at, to replace them with players that are nearly as good, and put them at positions where they are uncomfortable.  It seems to tear your chemistry apart.

DNH36

The comments you post on this board also tears team chemistry apart. 

watergirl40

Hackett is going to have a good year in football this coming season. I know they are going to go to playoffs, for sure.

Fun E. Guy

Quote from: The Judge on April 17, 2006, 03:41:43 pm

Taking Rison, Barton, HA, Charleston, Bauxite (Any of the perennial power houses) out of AA football is an injustice to the players from schools that are not loaded with tradition. It takes away from the credibility of a champion.

I am in the minority on this one I guess.  I've seen how pure numbers are able to make a team more competitive.  Carrying your logic out, why should the Rison's and Charleston's of the world consider themselves champions when they didn't play Springdale?

I agree that the numbers should be the determining factor in making the classifications.  That's what they do in the NCAA, and I don't see those guys thinking that their championship is lessened because they aren't playing the USC's of the world.

amehr36

Besides, just knowing you could beat half of the AAA Teams makes you feel better anyway.

Bleedgreen

Quote from: amehr36 on May 11, 2006, 11:54:24 am
Besides, just knowing you could beat half of the AAA Teams makes you feel better anyway.

Hey speak for yourself.  We been trying to beat Barton and Harding for years.  Don't mean we're bad just that they were good.  I think we've got a pretty good team, maybe not as good as Junction, but good.

amehr36

Yes you guys do have a good team, im just saying when (yes im calling it) when Junction wins state this year, they wont feel as if somethings been "taken" away...  yes theyd probably play Rison and some of the others along the way, but you can only play who they let ya play.

Bleedgreen

When over 85% of the 2A will play in the playoffs it's pretty much assured that the best teams will be there (though the 7AA-West may leave a pretty good team at home).  So why would anyone feel that they (the champs) haven't earned it.  I have to agree with MM on this one.  And amehr if (big if) DA is as good as I think they will be maybe we'll See the Dragons along the way.  Good luck, and God bless.

amehr36

Well if they do meet you may be in luck.  If the streak continues, the team that beats Junction in the playoffs will win the state title, its that simple.  So if you guys did happen to beat us, you might as well get rings  8).  Its been like this the past 5 or so years.  Ive always thought, if you aint gonna win, you better lose to the best.

Bleedgreen

If the 2006 Dragons are as good as the team I saw beat Harding, any team that beats them should be Champs.  There are some good teams out there, Cross County, Dierks, Mineral, Marked Tree, and a bunch of others I didn't list.  The 2A will be interesting.  Even Marvell, after all these years a consolidation and a conference change, and they will probably be in the playoffs, again.

mrgrogan

Quote from: amehr36 on May 12, 2006, 09:20:54 am
Well if they do meet you may be in luck. If the streak continues, the team that beats Junction in the playoffs will win the state title, its that simple. So if you guys did happen to beat us, you might as well get rings 8). Its been like this the past 5 or so years. Ive always thought, if you aint gonna win, you better lose to the best.

Yea...and be the best loser!

footballfan

JC has made the semifinals the past five seasons. In 2003 they won their semifinal game vs. Rison and won the state the next week. In the other four seasons, the team that beat JC in the semis won the state title the following week. Charleston did it last year.

AF&B

Bleedgreen

I have had the pleasure of watching JC play twice.  Both times against HA in the playoffs.  The first one didn't turn out very good for JC, but they did play a good game (even if the score didn't show it).  The second looked like it would end the same way until the Dragons started hitting on all eleven cylinders.  Justin (all of em) did a great job that night. 

MikeThrel

I think each county should be it's own classification.  That way there'd be 75 state champs and we'd have a whole lot of happy folks in the state........   ::)

warriorsforever

Makes as much sense as anything else I've read on this subject recently.

mrgrogan

Well, the AA teams aren't gonna be as strong for a couple years....The AA will be pretty weak (bar a few teams), but other than them, it will be a weak division.....

mustangsballer

Perryville mustangs are going to beat everybody.

gamebreaker

perryville mustangs are goin to win next year. We have the best running back in AA name Landon Jones

RazorWall

EARLEBULLDOG

Earle Bulldogs......possibly their best team in a few years.

Definetely not JC. 

wildcat_x-mgr

Quote from: MikeThrel on May 16, 2006, 04:04:01 am
I think each county should be it's own classification. That way there'd be 75 state champs and we'd have a whole lot of happy folks in the state........ ::)

I know Sheridan would like that idea. ;D But who would win the football championship in Izard Co???

Woodlawn#1

Altheimer would be worse than ever with that! :D Woodlawn could have a good chance, though.

amehr36

I just love all the teams that suck and say every year they can beat JC...

Lions84

Quote from: amehr36 on May 22, 2006, 11:07:26 pm
I just love all the teams that suck and say every year they can beat JC...

I am old enough to remember when JC was one of those suckie teams so don't count your chickens before they hatch. 

RazorWall

But now JC is good, and Clarendon is....well...for lack of a better word suckie

Lions84

Quote from: The Judge on May 23, 2006, 11:57:29 am
But now JC is good, and Clarendon is....well...for lack of a better word suckie

Well that is your openion: lots of teams in AA would have loved to finished 7-3 and got to go to the playoffs .

amehr36

Ill count all the chickens twice before they hatch, JC will win state this year.

EARLEBULLDOG

I wouldn't count your chickens too quickly either...Junction City will be tough, but they have had their share of horrible seasons.

Lions84

Yep they have

Junction City High School       
Football Record Through The Years
Suckie years in BOLD

2004  9-3-0 (5-0) 1st out of 6 teams in 7AA East under Coach David Carpenter

2003  15-0-0 (7-0) 1st out of 8 teams in 7AA East under Coach David Carpenter

2002  12-2-0 (7-0) 1st out of 8 teams in 7AA East under Coach David Carpenter

2001  11-3-0 (7-2-0) 3rd out of 10 teams in 7AA East under Coach David Carpenter

2000  10-2-0 (8-1-0) 1st out of 10 teams in 7AA East under Coach David Carpenter

1999  11-1-0 (8-0) 1st out of 10 teams in 7AA East under Coach David Carpenter

1998  10-1-0 (8-0) 1st out of 9 teams in 7AA East under Coach David Carpenter

1997  4-6-0 (4-4-0) 5th out of 9 teams in 7A East under Coach David Carpenter

1996  3-7-0 (3-5-0) 6th out of 9 teams in 7A East under Coach David Carpenter

1995  1-8-0 (0-6-0) 7th out of 7 teams in 7AA under Coach Larry Carter

1994  4-5-0 (2-4-0) 4th out of 7 teams in 7AA under Coach Larry Carter

1993  4-4-1 (2-4-0) 5th out of 7 teams in 7AA under Coach David Carpenter

1992  5-4-0 (3-3-0) 3rd out of 7 teams in 7AA under Coach David Carpenter

1991  3-6-0 (2-4-0) 5th out of 7 teams in 7AA under Coach David Carpenter

1990  1-8-0 (0-6-0) 7th out of 7 teams in 7AA under Coach David Carpenter

1989  4-5-0 (2-4-0) 5th out of 7 teams in 7AA under Coach Terry Crumpler

1988  6-4-0 (2-4-0) 6th out of 7 teams in 7AA under Coach Terry Crumpler

1987  8-2-0 (4-2-0) 2nd out of 7 teams in 7AA under Coach Terry Crumpler

1986  10-2-0 (5-1-0) 1st out of 7 teams in 7AA under Coach Terry Crumpler

1985  5-5-0 (2-4-0) 5th out of 7 teams in 7AA under Coach Terry Crumpler

1984  6-4-0 (3-2-0) 3rd out of 6 teams in 7AA under Coach Terry Crumpler

1983  7-3-0 (2-3-0) 4th out of 6 teams in 7AA under Coach Terry Crumpler

1982  4-5-1 (2-3-0) 4th out of 6 teams in 7AA East under Coach Terry Crumpler

1981  4-6-0 (2-3-0) 4th out of 6 teams in 7AA East under Coach Terry Crumpler

1980  6-3-0 (3-1-0) 2nd out of 5 teams in 7AA East under Coach Tommy Patterson

1979  5-5-0 (1-3-0) 5th out of 5 teams in 7AA East under Coach Tommy Patterson

1978  3-5-0 (1-3-0) 3rd out of 5 teams in 7AA East under Coach Tommy Patterson

1977  6-2-0 (2-1-0) 2nd out of 4 teams in 7AA East under Coach Al Bolen

1976  5-4-1 (3-2-0) 2nd out of 6 teams in 5A

1975  2-7-0 (1-4-0) 5th out of 6 teams in 5A

EARLEBULLDOG

Coach, thanks for the record book on Junction City.  It shows you that everyone can go through cycles of good and bad. 

Lord Infamous™

Quote from: EARLEBULLDOG on May 24, 2006, 12:50:39 pm
Coach, thanks for the record book on Junction City. It shows you that everyone can go through cycles of good and bad.
I thought I've covered that before posting our bad football records of the past.

nickel

The Lepords are suckie just about every year!!!

amehr36

Yeah, somebody go do one of them lists with the Leopards GOOD seasons in bold.... 8)

paralomastomper

minreal springs will be in the rock next year with out a dout

paralomastomper

minreal springs will be in rock next year against danaville or junction city
thats final

paraloma

Quote from: paralomastomper on May 26, 2006, 08:08:41 am
minreal springs will be in the rock next year with out a dout

Great moniker.

paralomastomper

every one of yall out there that runs there mouth on here sayin there goin to  state when u kno ur team aint capible of that y dont all of yall shut up and let ur team show there goin to state on friday nite except for me its a guarantee we will be in the rock next year thrashin who ever gets lucky enogh to get out there with us who ever it is u will  leave with a silver ring that says runner up

amehr36

6 posts in and your already an idiot...good for you...

amehr36

With a crushing defeat on the horizon for ya...

Juice-Man

You all know that denial is not a river in Egypt right?  You know who will win state next year so don't even claim that your team is gonna do it.  I realize you're just showing school spirit but when it comes down to it, you're being an idiot.  Junction City will win the AA state championship next year and will continue to do so in the years to come.  End of story now go to sleep.

charleston_kitten

JC will win next year and possibly and probably the next year.

Lord Infamous™

Quote from: charleston_tiger on May 29, 2006, 05:31:35 pm
JC will win next year and possibly and probably the next year.
well there's somebody with some sense.

Juice-Man

Quote from: paralomastomper on May 26, 2006, 08:42:24 am
every one of yall out there that runs there mouth on here sayin there goin to  state when u kno ur team aint capible of that y dont all of yall shut up and let ur team show there goin to state on friday nite except for me its a guarantee we will be in the rock next year thrashin who ever gets lucky enogh to get out there with us who ever it is u will  leave with a silver ring that says runner up
Good Lord.  I think my spell checker just blew up.

Burto

STOP.......make only predictions for this year..........a smart person would not predict so far in the future thats why I take your prediction for this year a flush it straight down the toliet ..........I stick by my prediction........The champ will come out of the 7AAwest.

Juice-Man

Quote from: Burto on June 05, 2006, 08:15:30 pm
..a smart person would not predict so far in the future
Well hello dumb@$$!!  I'd say predicting something 7 months in advance is pretty far "in the future".  The whole state of Arkansas could be blown up by then.

Burto

LOOk Dumb@ss Iam talking about predicting 2 to 3 years.............stop and take time to read.

Juice-Man

Quote from: Burto on June 07, 2006, 10:07:34 am
LOOk Dumb@ss Iam talking about predicting 2 to 3 years.............stop and take time to read.
lol!!!  The rookie is challenging a seasoned vet.  All I need is the word from any one person and this guys self-esteem is going to be demolished.

Lord Infamous™

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas