• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Barton is open

Started by Rick Swines, April 16, 2019, 07:25:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Swines

McBride is heading back to Wynne.

beaverfan007

They can't keep a coach

Razorback59

I heard Barton does nothing for the kids. Like help get recruited or even let them know about anything after high school. I heard Clark ( G, DT ) Davis ( Rb ) is pretty good Should have at least D2 offers

doggieskoot2

Does Barton have any talent coming?  Jr high any good?  Why can't they keep a coach.......you know.....besides location?   They have a ton of tradition.

Razorback59

I don't know about the jr high but I wonder how the kids feel because coaches talk like it's more than football but really it's all business.

threepeoplematter

Quote from: Razorback59 on April 17, 2019, 02:49:12 pm
I don't know about the jr high but I wonder how the kids feel because coaches talk like it's more than football but really it's all business.

I get your point here, but I think it can be both honestly.  It is a business to the people who are paid to do what they do, because there is money exchanged.  Not trying to be a smart but either.  But at the same time, for the kids, it should be more than just about football.  Your other comment, it is sad if in fact that is true that no one seems to be interested in getting them recruited, but colleges also have to have interest in the kids.  Coaches should be able to get them into a camp to get noticed if they are that good though, never seen a Barton game so I have no opinion myself on that.

Arkansauce

Quote from: doggieskoot2 on April 17, 2019, 10:30:43 am
Does Barton have any talent coming?  Jr high any good?  Why can't they keep a coach.......you know.....besides location?   They have a ton of tradition.
Jr. High was not very good. Loss to Lake Village by 30+ I believe.

WTD

Quote from: Razorback59 on April 17, 2019, 09:36:48 am
I heard Barton does nothing for the kids. Like help get recruited or even let them know about anything after high school. I heard Clark ( G, DT ) Davis ( Rb ) is pretty good Should have at least D2 offers

Coaches can only do so much. Athletes have all different types of outlets and ways of communication to get their information out. It's their responsibility to go to camps as well, not the coach's job to send them. Their sophomore/junior years they should be attending camps and getting their Hudl film on social media if their intentions are to play at the next level.

Truthfully

A lot of other schools are "open" for a new Head Coach. Time is getting very tight for schools to get someone hired, maybe so late that hiring from within is the only alternative. If that happens, then it leaves that team short an assistant coach to help with overall player attention...not good.

OLDSCHOOL82

If a 3A hs team has true college level talent on the field at a few positions....they will do well with a season.  So...they wont know there is more after HS unless the coach lets them know about it?

threepeoplematter

Any movement on this job?

arkansasprepfootball

Quote from: threepeoplematter on April 26, 2019, 12:55:14 pm
Any movement on this job?

Will begin setting up interviews next week, from what I understand.

Shine has really faded in Barton, even back to when Van was there.  Kids are different, support is different, Delta - obviously - has changed a ton over the years.  They are in for another tough year next fall.

mrknowitall

Still no word on this one?

Rick Swines

They hired Paul Burkhead.

Eagle boss

Rick Swines

He was an assistant at Wynne and Barton.

Lions84

ISU7

If a player is really good he will not need any help getting recruited, they will know about him. 8)

whippersnapper

Burkhead was also an assistant at Newport for 2-3 years

Sporty

Burkhead should be good

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: ISU7 on May 11, 2019, 12:47:33 pm
If a player is really good he will not need any help getting recruited, they will know about him. 8)
We're talking recruited by colleges not Crest and Osceola.

Coach79

Quote from: Oldman on May 15, 2019, 09:58:46 am
We're talking recruited by colleges not Crest and Osceola.

Well, you got that half right...

Jimbo Morphis

rollTide_10

Its sad reading this post, you have to understand that Barton has all the tradition, yet they are with in 10 miles of 4a Helena-West Helena Central, 2a Marvell- Elaine. All three schools hold so of the states most athletic students in Arkansas. Barton will not have to recruit they always get the rural town kids and a third of the Kids from Helena, where the parents will not let them attend Central. Phillips county has officially turned into a Basketball county. Coach Smith has done a great job to build a program at Central, with some much state business with the board has become a distraction for the Cougars. Barton has the some kids that dont want to compete at a high level.

Jimbo Morphis

Tradition doesn't matter when the players can't remember the good ole  days. It has to be recent tradition.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Oldman on June 06, 2019, 09:38:15 am
Tradition doesn't matter when the players can't remember the good ole  days. It has to be recent tradition.

Many don't seem to get that the 80s and 90's are long gone

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: HorseFeathers on June 06, 2019, 10:55:53 am
Many don't seem to get that the 80s and 90's are long gone
When you're 54 it seems like yesterday but it doesn't matter to 17 year olds lol.

incogneto

Quote from: WTD on April 24, 2019, 09:59:50 am
Coaches can only do so much. Athletes have all different types of outlets and ways of communication to get their information out. It's their responsibility to go to camps as well, not the coach's job to send them. Their sophomore/junior years they should be attending camps and getting their Hudl film on social media if their intentions are to play at the next level.
This sounds like a lazy coach cop out.  Kind of like coaches that whine about not having any talent or kids that won't show up in the summer. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas