Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Friday, March 22nd, 2019.
Congrats to all of the AR HS Football players who have signed letter of intent to play in college.
With a 3-0 weekend, kk2 comes from behind to win the Pick'em championship. kk2 292 ISU7 291 Coach Jones 291 RamblinWest 290 hill
Fearless Friday
Championship Capsules Posted

Author Topic: Pine Bluff Open  (Read 2109 times)

Offline zebrafan

• All Star
Pine Bluff Open
« on: March 14, 2019, 08:59:07 pm »
Bolding heads across town to White Hall...best of luck to him! As for candidates for the PBH job I wouldn’t know where to begin, thoughts on who might get this job? Also the state has control of PBH that will effect things.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 09:25:52 pm by zebrafan »

Offline STUNNA

• Assistant Coach
Re: Pine Bluff Open
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 09:02:46 pm »
Doubt he would take it... But Hembree would be a great fit at Pine Bluff in my opinion.  But he has some studs coming through middle school right now in Warren.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 09:06:24 pm by STUNNA »

Offline Baitshop

• Fearless Friday Elite
  • Hall of Famer
  • Pretentious Illiterate
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 10:34:23 pm »
Hembree has had so many opportunities to leave Warren over the years. I can't imagine him leaving to go to a school that is under State Control.

Offline Trojan

• Cheerleader
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 11:39:20 pm »
Rod Stinson

Offline zebradynasty

• Hall of Famer
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 08:54:05 am »
I'd be really shocked if Hembree took it! He has it good where he's at and appears to be comfortable. I think Stinson would be the front runner but I think there's at least one more on the current staff that at one time wanted it. Not sure how much the district being under state control will affect the number or quality of candidates. Without a school board it might be hard to address the athletic department needs.

Offline Pat Swilling

• 2nd String
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 09:38:58 am »

Offline Jesusfreak

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 01:19:52 pm »
Shelton?

Offline Hogman2018

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2019, 08:17:24 pm »
Stinson slam dunk!!

Online Oldman

• Hall of Famer
  • 8 TIME STATE FOOTBALL CHAMPS
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2019, 04:56:11 pm »

Offline Dr. Defense

• Starter
  • I Ain't Never Been Nothin But A Winner
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2019, 06:53:06 pm »
Shelton?

He’d be a dandy but I don’t think either side will pursue it

Online Oldman

• Hall of Famer
  • 8 TIME STATE FOOTBALL CHAMPS
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2019, 08:08:59 pm »
He’d be a dandy but I don’t think either side will pursue it
Could just see Pine Bluff fans loving the wishbone all the way down the field then going to the spread inside the 10.

Offline Jesusfreak

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2019, 09:36:52 pm »
Could just see Pine Bluff fans loving the wishbone all the way down the field then going to the spread inside the 10.

I don't recall Shelton making those type of playcalls, but I only saw him coach when he played ElDo  4 times in 2008 and 2009. I remember his power running attack out of the wishbone was almost unstoppable, easily one of the most physical offenses I've seen ever. He would throw it deep at times, but I never remember him switching to a spread in goaline situations, just shoving it down the Ds throat with the wishbone. Also always seemed to go for the 2 pt conversion and converting at a very high percentage. 
Anyway, I don't have a dog in this fight, but I always thought Shelton was a great coach and a class act.

Hope the Zebras get a coach who can get the job done, but they have high expectations there, and have one of the best talent bases in the state as far as size, speed, and athleticism.

I miss the Pine Bluff Eldo rivalry, perhaps reclassification or a non conference series
an bring these two great programs back together in the future, or at least meeting in the playoffs regularly. Last year's PB Eldo playoff game was ugly and beautiful to watch, too bad the wrong team won....

Offline zebrafan

• All Star
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2019, 09:49:24 pm »
I don't recall Shelton making those type of playcalls, but I only saw him coach when he played ElDo  4 times in 2008 and 2009. I remember his power running attack out of the wishbone was almost unstoppable, easily one of the most physical offenses I've seen ever. He would throw it deep at times, but I never remember him switching to a spread in goaline situations, just shoving it down the Ds throat with the wishbone. Also always seemed to go for the 2 pt conversion and converting at a very high percentage. 
Anyway, I don't have a dog in this fight, but I always thought Shelton was a great coach and a class act.

Hope the Zebras get a coach who can get the job done, but they have high expectations there, and have one of the best talent bases in the state as far as size, speed, and athleticism.

I miss the Pine Bluff Eldo rivalry, perhaps reclassification or a non conference series
an bring these two great programs back together in the future, or at least meeting in the playoffs regularly. Last year's PB Eldo playoff game was ugly and beautiful to watch, too bad the wrong team won....
I hope we stay at a high level...We will see how it goes..😂 last years game was ugly/beautiful!

Offline zebradynasty

• Hall of Famer
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2019, 11:22:31 pm »
I was not aware that we also lost Lovelady to white hall. Losing his work with the Qb's might sting a little. Wasn't all that impressed with his play calling. It's a long shot but I would like Cortez Lee to come to PB as an asst or head coach.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 01:32:51 pm by zebradynasty »

Offline zebrafan

• All Star
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2019, 12:46:37 am »
I was not aware that we also lost Lovelady to white hall. Losing his work with the Qb's might sting a little. Wasn't all that impressed with his play calling. It's long shot but I would like Cortez Lee to come to PB as an asst.
Would like Lee to come over on staff as well.

Offline Oldbadger

• All Star
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2019, 01:12:57 pm »
I don't pretend to know all the coaches in the state, but I surely don't know Stinson. Why haven't I heard about him? Someone give us the lowdown. Not sure PB alums would want a wishbone offense. lol.

Offline zebradynasty

• Hall of Famer
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2019, 01:32:16 pm »
I don't pretend to know all the coaches in the state, but I surely don't know Stinson. Why haven't I heard about him? Someone give us the lowdown. Not sure PB alums would want a wishbone offense. lol.

Was RB here at Pine Bluff then went on to the UA, in the mid 90's. Bolding hired him as position coach some years ago. He eventually got a head coaching job at LR Hall lasted maybe 2 seasons (Hall could care less about winning in football) then came back to PB and has been here as an assistant head coach. His son was a pre-season all state last year but broke his foot in preseason and never recovered.

Offline Jesusfreak

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2019, 01:33:40 pm »
Bring back Marion Glover :o

Offline 1reddieLB

• Band Nerd
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2019, 01:21:03 pm »
Weren’t there 2 assistants that went to White Hall? Who and what they coach?

Offline zebrafan

• All Star
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2019, 09:48:33 pm »
Weren’t there 2 assistants that went to White Hall? Who and what they coach?
OC- Lobelady
LBs- Blake Johnson

Both left with Bolding, curious to see if any transfer go to WH in the off-season.

Offline zebradynasty

• Hall of Famer
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2019, 10:03:10 pm »
OC- Lobelady
LBs- Blake Johnson

Both left with Bolding, curious to see if any transfer go to WH in the off-season.

Yep I can see maybe one or two.

Offline zebrafan

• All Star
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2019, 02:20:17 pm »
Yep I can see maybe one or two.
Hopefully not main pieces buuuuut you never know😑

Baptist Health Orthopedic Center