Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Friday, March 22nd, 2019.
Congrats to all of the AR HS Football players who have signed letter of intent to play in college.
With a 3-0 weekend, kk2 comes from behind to win the Pick'em championship. kk2 292 ISU7 291 Coach Jones 291 RamblinWest 290 hill
Fearless Friday
Championship Capsules Posted

Author Topic: 5A West Conference  (Read 656 times)

Offline sssuperpantherfan2

• 2nd String
5A West Conference
« on: March 13, 2019, 06:09:47 am »
The 5A West is showing to be the toughest in the state with Greenbrier, LRCA,  Russellville, Greenwood and Siloam.  SS starts the gauntlet of their schedule tomorrow night with Greenbrier who was undefeated till last nights shoot out against LRCA. Then we play Greenwood, LRCA and Russellville.  We have 5 teams competing for 4 slots in the playoffs to state. One team is getting the shaft by not doing a playoff tournament and weaker teams get in the action. I recommend they consider bringing back the tournament!  Itís the only fair way to to get the best teams playing for the title. Team strength will vary from year to year, changing the conference teams around is not a fair option because of yearly talent add and take away. We will see how this season plays out and hope everyone stays healthy but the 5A West teams will be hurting without the playoffs  and it doesnít promote the best of Arkansas soccer.

Offline VHSCoach2

• Fearless Friday Moderator
  • All Star
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
Re: 5A West Conference
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 07:27:18 am »
I'd argue that the Vilonia girls will be making it six teams vying for four playoff spots, but perhaps I'm a little biased.

• 2nd String
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 07:30:36 am »
They could be a better team than those going to the playoffs in other conferences.

Offline hurricanes1

• Cheerleader
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 03:31:23 pm »
Without better teams in the east, I'm afraid our boys won't have much competition to get ready for State. That really puts us at a disadvantage. I wish we were scheduled for some tougher games.

• 2nd String
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 05:35:34 pm »
Play up or down against tough teams, go to another state. The coaches are responsible for scheduling and can find them. SS will play in 6A tournaments that will have teams from Edmond, Oklahoma,  3 of them were real tough and one moderate. Get on the bus and travel to make your team better.

Offline VHSCoach2

• All Star
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 08:08:09 am »
They could be a better team than those going to the playoffs in other conferences.

Or better than some teams that you mentioned.

Offline hurricanes1

• Cheerleader
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 10:35:18 am »
Play up or down against tough teams, go to another state. The coaches are responsible for scheduling and can find them. SS will play in 6A tournaments that will have teams from Edmond, Oklahoma,  3 of them were real tough and one moderate. Get on the bus and travel to make your team better.

Not the coach, so thatís not my call. Iím just saying that I wish weíd play some tougher teams to try to prepare for the post season.

Offline ArkansasSportsFan

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2019, 04:59:47 pm »
Not the coach, so thatís not my call. Iím just saying that I wish weíd play some tougher teams to try to prepare for the post season.

I assume itís jonesboro that weíre talking about? I think you only get like 2 tournaments and a couple non conference games. So in conference youve got Searcy and Mt. Home twice which isnít bad, Valley View, and then games against Cabot, Searcy, and Hamburg in tournaments. Thatís not bad, itís the conference thatís not any good but unfortunately canít do anything about that.

Offline VHSCoach2

• All Star
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2019, 09:20:27 am »
Impressive wins by Greenbrier last night.

At the conclusion of tonight's matches (Russellville at Beebe, Vilonia at Greenwood), the Russellville boys could be a full game ahead, plus hold the tie-breaker over second-place Greenbrier. Vilonia/Greenwood are facing off to see who gets their first conference win. If Beebe boys pull the upset, that jumbles up the boys side with a bunch of 2-1 teams and head-to-head victories all over the place.

On the girls side, a win by Russellville over Beebe would get the Lady Cyclones their second conference win. Beebe is looking for their first conference win. In the Vilonia/Greenwood match, if Vilonia wins by any amount, the Lady Eagles head into Spring Break in a first-place tie with LRCA, but the Lady Eagles would be in the one spot due to tiebreaker points. Greenwood is searching for their first conference win.

Offline Sir Alex

• 2nd String
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2019, 02:17:11 pm »
Impressive wins by Greenbrier last night.

At the conclusion of tonight's matches (Russellville at Beebe, Vilonia at Greenwood), the Russellville boys could be a full game ahead, plus hold the tie-breaker over second-place Greenbrier. Vilonia/Greenwood are facing off to see who gets their first conference win. If Beebe boys pull the upset, that jumbles up the boys side with a bunch of 2-1 teams and head-to-head victories all over the place.

On the girls side, a win by Russellville over Beebe would get the Lady Cyclones their second conference win. Beebe is looking for their first conference win. In the Vilonia/Greenwood match, if Vilonia wins by any amount, the Lady Eagles head into Spring Break in a first-place tie with LRCA, but the Lady Eagles would be in the one spot due to tiebreaker points. Greenwood is searching for their first conference win.

It is double round robin correct?

• 2nd String
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2019, 03:44:23 pm »
Greenwood over Vilonia VG 4-1 from Maxpreps.

Baptist Health Orthopedic Center