• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AAA adds eSports

Started by Gray lizard, February 05, 2019, 04:07:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Gray lizard

When are you guys going to set a space for the new Arkansas sport.  Video games on the high school level competition.  Not a gamer so not sure why this is needed.

Fuorilegge

This is going to be a pretty big deal from what I understand.  Over 80 schools have signed up for the first season which runs from the end of February through April.  There will be three different games that the kids can play and each will have their own State Championship.  Based on the interest at my school, it could be a very big thing.  I am not a gamer either, but this is giving a group of kids not really represented by traditional sports a chance to represent their school.

DerekOxford

My currently almost 2-year-old son going to be all-state in Madden!

Fuorilegge

Lol.  I wish they were offering Madden.  Ha! 

No joke: In 5 years the U of A will be offering scholarships on gaming.  Probably sooner.

CageMonsterNWA

Announcing the grand opening of an eSports academy in a warehouse in the suburbs.  I just ordered two dozen 60-inch screens, PS4 consoles and bean bag chairs with TV trays to hold Monster drinks and Fuego Takis. (Nutrition is key.)

Assistant coaches will be the best college gamers from the U of A dorms.  Several will have minor league professional experience.

Group skills training: $50/hr
Individual lessons: $70/hr

Summer travel teams forming now! Limited slots available. 5U and up.

If you want your player to be ready for high school varsity competition and to be seen by college coaches, you MUST sign up today!  Statewide individual rankings in our new online publication, PGR (Prep Gaming Report), will get your player noticed and will lead to a college scholarship!

DerekOxford

Quote from: CageMonsterNWA on February 09, 2019, 10:40:55 pm
Announcing the grand opening of an eSports academy in a warehouse in the suburbs.  I just ordered two dozen 60-inch screens, PS4 consoles and bean bag chairs with TV trays to hold Monster drinks and Fuego Takis. (Nutrition is key.)

Assistant coaches will be the best college gamers from the U of A dorms.  Several will have minor league professional experience.

Group skills training: $50/hr
Individual lessons: $70/hr

Summer travel teams forming now! Limited slots available. 5U and up.

If you want your player to be ready for high school varsity competition and to be seen by college coaches, you MUST sign up today!  Statewide individual rankings in our new online publication, PGR (Prep Gaming Report), will get your player noticed and will lead to a college scholarship!

Faaaantastic.

purpleswag

Kids need to go outside more often. This isn't a positive thing

OB11

Quote from: purpleswag on March 02, 2019, 05:29:50 pm

If they put the games up on the jumbotron and play on the football field, does that count?  :)

ArkansasSportsFan

Is it impossible to do both?

beach bum

Quote from: ArkansasSportsFan on March 08, 2019, 01:47:22 pm
Is it impossible to do both?

Exactly.... The 8th grader I'm raising runs between 25-30 miles a week for XC/track..... Also plays a fair share of video games. He knows in two years when he is 16 he'll have to have a summer job and work some possibly part time even during the school year meaning the video games won't really be able to be played nearly as much then.... my god though let kids be kids while they have the chance. We demand too much of kids anyways these days and you only get one childhood. They have the rest of their lives to work their life away, let them have some fun and multiple hobbies if they want while they can.

CageMonsterNWA

Quote from: DerekOxford on February 10, 2019, 04:11:24 pm
Faaaantastic.

OMG, this is real!!

http://apne.ws/iKss9M9

I retract all the sarcasm from my previous post. I'm going to open an academy!! This is a slam dunk!  I'll be retired, living on my own island in three years!

N2DEEP

From the posts, I can see many of you never played eSports and/ or never had kids that were not physically inclined/ gifted. You probably have about the same chance at being a pro in eSports than a pro in a professional sport such as Football or Basketball. Many of the pro gamers that stream make more than professional physical sport players.

eSports is a long ways away from the fat kid playing games in Mom's basement type of mentality.

rzrbackfan

Its not a sport either.  Not saying people can't earn a good living playing games because they can, but so can professional eaters.  Like Hot dog eating contests or the big steak challenge.  BUT they aren't sports either.

LionX2

June 23, 2020, 11:23:44 am #13 Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 11:27:28 am by LionX2

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas