Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Thursday, February 21st, 2019.
Congrats to all of the AR HS Football players who have signed letter of intent to play in college.
With a 3-0 weekend, kk2 comes from behind to win the Pick'em championship. kk2 292 ISU7 291 Coach Jones 291 RamblinWest 290 hill
Fearless Friday
Championship Capsules Posted

Author Topic: 4A 2019  (Read 1183 times)

Offline ClarksvilleFutbol

• Water Boy
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
4A 2019
« on: January 16, 2019, 07:36:48 pm »
As we inch closer to the beginning of the season, what are your thoughts on the upcoming season? Conference matchups, players to look out for, rankings, etc. Excited to see the new conferences, and the old rivalries that will start again.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 07:38:48 pm by ClarksvilleFutbol »

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
Re: 4A 2019
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 08:20:48 pm »
I am just glad Harrison is now 4A for my enjoyement… I now have more reason to follow the soccer threads with Go Postal posting in my conference now. I will probably keep up with 4A much more this season now.

Online Go Postal

• "The one and only GOBLINS mascot in the USA"
  • Fearless Friday Elite
  • Head Coach
  • US Navy 1978-1982, US Postal Service 1988-present
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 10:49:05 am »
I am just glad Harrison is now 4A for my enjoyement… I now have more reason to follow the soccer threads with Go Postal posting in my conference now. I will probably keep up with 4A much more this season now.

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 01:05:43 pm »
The 4A West looks like Dardanelle, Harrison, Berryville, and Clarksville will be the top teams. I don't know the history on schools like Morrilton & Huntsville like you old 5A West guys? Is this Morrilton's first year? I can't find anything on Maxpreps for them. I know Prairie Grove is your stereotypical middle of the pack team. Not world beaters, but ever going to be horrible. Gentry usually sits in that same boat too as a middle of the pack. With some teams leaving for the new soccer 3A and new additions coming down from the old 5A it may take some weeks to sort this all out.

On the girls side Harrison & Dardanelle will run the league easily with Berryville up there in the chase

The boys league will probably be a little more competitive top to bottom

Offline sevenof400

• Fearless Friday Moderator
  • Head Coach
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 02:33:16 pm »

Keep your sunglasses and dramamine with your computing device at all times.....   8)

Offline WillC

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 05:22:24 pm »
The 4A West looks like Dardanelle, Harrison, Berryville, and Clarksville will be the top teams. I don't know the history on schools like Morrilton & Huntsville like you old 5A West guys? Is this Morrilton's first year? I can't find anything on Maxpreps for them. I know Prairie Grove is your stereotypical middle of the pack team. Not world beaters, but ever going to be horrible. Gentry usually sits in that same boat too as a middle of the pack. With some teams leaving for the new soccer 3A and new additions coming down from the old 5A it may take some weeks to sort this all out.

On the girls side Harrison & Dardanelle will run the league easily with Berryville up there in the chase

The boys league will probably be a little more competitive top to bottom
Morrilton has been playing for a while. They made the tournament last year after parking the bus in the conference tourney. Barring drastic improvement, they're nowhere near the top four you mentioned. I don't know how they compare to Prairie Grove or Huntsville, I've never seen either of those teams play.

Online Go Postal

• "The one and only GOBLINS mascot in the USA"
  • Fearless Friday Elite
  • Head Coach
  • US Navy 1978-1982, US Postal Service 1988-present
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2019, 07:40:49 pm »
Keep your sunglasses and dramamine with your computing device at all times.....   8)

Devil Dogs have been playing for awhile.  I remember the Goblins playing them in 2008 playoffs in Little Rock.

Offline SportsDad

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2019, 10:48:22 am »
4A East Boys will come down to Warren and Hamburg as it has in previous years. Both teams will be capable of making a deep run in the state tourney.

Offline frotator888

• Water Boy
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2019, 06:35:43 pm »
4A South will be a 4-way battle between DeQueen, PA, Hope, and Robinson IMO

Offline ArkansasSportsFan

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2019, 06:06:34 am »
North should be easy for Valley View. After that it should be Batesville.

Offline MS_soccer

• Band Nerd
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2019, 10:25:43 am »
North should be easy for Valley View. After that it should be Batesville.

Girls or boys or both?

Offline MDXPHD

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2019, 02:11:49 pm »
Girls or boys or both?

Valley View in girls for sure I’d say. Not sure who second would even be. Boys - he’s probably got it right.

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2019, 10:02:47 am »
Valley View in girls for sure I’d say. Not sure who second would even be. Boys - he’s probably got it right.

My mistake I was only talking about boys.

Brookland has a real solid group of girls, I don't think they're close to Valley View but I wouldn't be shocked if they got second.

Offline MDXPHD

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2019, 12:40:13 pm »
My mistake I was only talking about boys.

Brookland has a real solid group of girls, I don't think they're close to Valley View but I wouldn't be shocked if they got second.

I watched Brookland play last year and they do have some talent, but I would say VV has them by several goals. Batesville and VV boys games could be pretty good this season.

Offline MS_soccer

• Band Nerd
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2019, 07:22:43 pm »
Overall, 4A girls soccer last year was really weak.  I think that's why Brookland made it as far as they did. I watched them play twice.  They have a couple girls with some potential provided they have good training. It will be hard for these girls to make much happen with the remaining players on the team. None of their names look familiar from any club teams.

I'm glad Little Rock Christian is 5A.  They have a strong team.  I wish PA would have been 5A, but I guess I'm happy not to have both LRCA and PA to contend with.

Harrison should have a good team again.  I'm not sure where these girls come from.  Again, I don't believe I've seen any of them play club, at least not for one of the competitive clubs in the state. And I've been on the Arkansas club scene for many years.

Offline The Coach

• Starter
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2019, 07:47:53 pm »
Overall, 4A girls soccer last year was really weak.  I think that's why Brookland made it as far as they did. I watched them play twice.  They have a couple girls with some potential provided they have good training. It will be hard for these girls to make much happen with the remaining players on the team. None of their names look familiar from any club teams.

I'm glad Little Rock Christian is 5A.  They have a strong team.  I wish PA would have been 5A, but I guess I'm happy not to have both LRCA and PA to contend with.

Harrison should have a good team again.  I'm not sure where these girls come from.  Again, I don't believe I've seen any of them play club, at least not for one of the competitive clubs in the state. And I've been on the Arkansas club scene for many years.

Harrison has their own club and they play in the state league or they did when my daughter played there. Its well ran and the community support is very good. The group of Sr's they'll have this season have been playing together for a long time now through that system.

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2019, 10:50:35 pm »

But for THAT conference, it’s a 2 seed contender. That’s all I’m saying, VV will run over everyone in the conference.

Offline AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
  • Warren, AR. Home of football and futbol champions
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2019, 10:28:26 am »
Poor ole Warren.....just don't mind us.....

:D

Offline sevenof400

• Head Coach
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2019, 11:33:19 am »

Who?    ;D ;D

Online VHSCoach2

• All Star
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2019, 12:16:09 pm »

You gonna try to catch any of Warren's games in the Vilonia tournaments, AW?

Offline AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
« Reply #20 on: Today at 08:53:06 am »

Offline AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
« Reply #21 on: Today at 08:53:47 am »
You gonna try to catch any of Warren's games in the Vilonia tournaments, AW?

Need to look at the schedule. Wouldn't mind catching a game. My schedule is fairly busy right now.

Baptist Health Orthopedic Center