Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Monday, February 18th, 2019.
Congrats to all of the AR HS Football players who have signed letter of intent to play in college.
With a 3-0 weekend, kk2 comes from behind to win the Pick'em championship. kk2 292 ISU7 291 Coach Jones 291 RamblinWest 290 hill
Fearless Friday
Championship Capsules Posted

Author Topic: 2019 Arkansas High School Track and Field  (Read 2209 times)

Offline RATTLER43

• Head Coach
  • Old School
Re: 2019 Arkansas High School Track and Field
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2019, 07:31:51 am »
That was a nice break.  We tried to get games moved to an earlier start or rescheduled, but it was senior night for Hackett, plus they had travel ball of some sort the next day and this week's slate was full for coaches due to junior high tourney.  Just part of the dynamics with indoor state happening during basketball season.   

Congratulations to Yellville-Summit though!  I am sure the athletes were thrilled.

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2019, 05:31:06 pm »
Camren Fischer yesterday inked with Princeton. That's a huge honor to end up going to a school like that with such a high academic history. He said he was probably headed down the street to the U of A  until over Christmas Break he got a letter in the mail saying he was academically accepted into Princeton. Not a shabby place to run either considering they finished 22nd as a team at Cross Country nationals in November, even ahead of the Razorbacks. I hope he goes on to have some serious success representing the state and dominates the Ivy League as he becomes an upperclassmen.

Offline RATTLER43

• Head Coach
  • Old School
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2019, 06:28:26 pm »
Awesome!

Online sevenof400

• Fearless Friday Moderator
  • Head Coach
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2019, 08:58:30 pm »
Princeton can use a guy like......Camren!

Offline InYoGrill

• B52 Bomb Loada
  • Head Coach
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2019, 02:00:45 pm »
I have come to appreciate Vilonia's athletic department more and more as years have gone on. I think they are trying to find a fit in football and have done a good job building up their basketball program. That stacked on top of their awesome spring sports gives them possibly the best athletic program in the 5A West.

Very nice opinion Trackster. When you have the type of coaches that we have leading our track programs, it is not as surprising to see how our accomplishments keep repeating consistently. Coach Stout and Coach Steward have been around coaching track for 10+ years I believe. I sat in the bleachers when Coach Stout first came to V and spoke to parents about his philosophy when my oldest was in 8th grade (2007 I think). I knew right t here that he would have a lasting effect on my son and any part of the athletic program he was a part of. Kids absolutely buy into his philosophy of being your best in all things. Newer AD from Conway is a breath of fresh air and is building the athletic program very well. I also see V continually improving in football and bball. Girls sports are all competitive as well. If you were a kid in V why wouldnt you want to play some kind of sport, band, or something. Town is a blip on the map and nothing to do outside of school.  ;D

Offline YSpanther

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2019, 09:41:36 pm »
Very nice opinion Trackster. When you have the type of coaches that we have leading our track programs, it is not as surprising to see how our accomplishments keep repeating consistently. Coach Stout and Coach Steward have been around coaching track for 10+ years I believe. I sat in the bleachers when Coach Stout first came to V and spoke to parents about his philosophy when my oldest was in 8th grade (2007 I think). I knew right t here that he would have a lasting effect on my son and any part of the athletic program he was a part of. Kids absolutely buy into his philosophy of being your best in all things. Newer AD from Conway is a breath of fresh air and is building the athletic program very well. I also see V continually improving in football and bball. Girls sports are all competitive as well. If you were a kid in V why wouldnt you want to play some kind of sport, band, or something. Town is a blip on the map and nothing to do outside of school.  ;D
I know Coach Steward from college and he and his family are top notch.  Kids like working for coaches that believe in them and encourage them.

Offline Rida4Life

• Starter
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2019, 02:21:10 pm »
Earle is stacked. Junction City is always great.  We will be there. 

Maybe.   But Foreman is loaded, Quitman looks to have one more good year, Bigelow has the most talent, Danville is stacked, and my girls and Cotter are dark horses. But Melbourne is the favorite in my mindís eye. 

I would add Parkers Chapel as a darkhorse in the girls this year.  They may not be able to score enough points in the sprints and field events to win but from what I saw last year they should be among the best in the distance stuff.
Our boys had a great run but will probably have to rebuild this year.  Girls look like it should be their turn to make a run at it.
Coach has done a good job building the program from basically nothing.
Rumor is going around that there might be some facilities upgrades coming as well.

Offline RATTLER43

• Head Coach
  • Old School
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2019, 02:32:23 pm »
I like it.  The more the better.  Adding PC to the girls' list is great.  If it spreads the points out, then you have the makings for a great state meet.

I love it when it comes down to the last few events and especially the mile relay to win it all!!  My boys had won the mile relay over Junction City in 2012 to win it all and my girls in 2014 beat Magnet Cove in the mile relay to win it all.  There is just something special about it when that happens and all is riding on that final event!  Of course, it is not so sweet when you are on the other end (my 2011 group against Augusta!).  But all are great memories upon reflection.

Offline kman3434

• Band Nerd
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2019, 08:47:04 pm »
Hello All, I've been a lurker for years and finally decided to post. I just wanted to say how impressed I am with the young man Kennedy Lightner out of North Little Rock. This young man is likely one of the best sprinters to come out of the state of arkansas. He has gone a wind legal 21.01 in the 200m, 10.4 in the 100m and 47 in the 400m. I'm just surprised not many have been talking about him. I hope he stays healthy and has a great year

Offline RATTLER43

• Head Coach
  • Old School
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2019, 09:09:11 pm »
Agreed.  I think I read he was ranked 11th in the nation.  Impressive indeed.   

Baptist Health Orthopedic Center