Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Thursday, January 17th, 2019.
Congrats to all of the AR HS Football players who have signed letter of intent to play in college.
With a 3-0 weekend, kk2 comes from behind to win the Pick'em championship. kk2 292 ISU7 291 Coach Jones 291 RamblinWest 290 hill
Fearless Friday
Championship Capsules Posted

Author Topic: El Dorado Coaching Search  (Read 16082 times)

Offline Oldman

• Hall of Famer
  • 8 TIME STATE FOOTBALL CHAMPS
Re: El Dorado Coaching Search
« Reply #150 on: January 11, 2019, 08:03:29 am »
El Dorado will hire in house and will promote Vaughn
Fact or opinion?

Offline youhavenoidea

• Bench Warmer
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
« Reply #151 on: January 11, 2019, 08:09:03 am »
Fact or opinion?
From booger... its 100% opinion

Online boogercat

• Water Boy
  • Clear eyes, full hearts, canít lose
« Reply #152 on: January 11, 2019, 11:15:06 pm »
Itís a fact. Heard it from the wild thing Vaughn.

Offline GotInfo?

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #153 on: January 14, 2019, 09:18:25 am »
Job search is not close to being over.  I haven't talked to Vaughn personally for a few days, but he is not a lock for the job.  Yes, he wants it, but not sure that he will get it.  It's not a done deal that he will go to Cabot either.  I hear other schools maybe in play.

Offline Redwolves8526

• 2nd String
« Reply #154 on: January 14, 2019, 09:29:05 am »
Job search is not close to being over.  I haven't talked to Vaughn personally for a few days, but he is not a lock for the job.  Yes, he wants it, but not sure that he will get it.  It's not a done deal that he will go to Cabot either.  I hear other schools maybe in play.

Kelly from Searcy?

Offline OB11

• Fearless Friday Moderator
  • Starter
  • 6+4+3=2
« Reply #155 on: January 14, 2019, 09:30:29 am »
Kelly from Searcy?

What is the word on Searcy? Is he officially out there?

Offline searcysports

• Starter
« Reply #156 on: January 14, 2019, 12:11:26 pm »
No. Not at this time.

Online boogercat

• Water Boy
« Reply #157 on: January 15, 2019, 09:15:05 am »
Of course Vaughn will get it. El Dorado is just doing the simple interviews like they normally do. In order to keep Vaughn at El Dorado they know they will have to promote him otherwise they will be trying to find a replacement for him. I say El Dorado will have a head coach by end of the month.

Offline youhavenoidea

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #158 on: January 15, 2019, 10:29:43 am »
Of course Vaughn will get it. El Dorado is just doing the simple interviews like they normally do. In order to keep Vaughn at El Dorado they know they will have to promote him otherwise they will be trying to find a replacement for him. I say El Dorado will have a head coach by end of the month.
I'm going to say you are either Coach Vaughn, a relative, or a spouse....have you or has he even interviewed?

Offline i40traveler

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #159 on: January 15, 2019, 10:35:38 am »
Houston Nutt

Online boogercat

• Water Boy
« Reply #160 on: January 16, 2019, 09:01:51 am »
I'm going to say you are either Coach Vaughn, a relative, or a spouse....have you or has he even interviewed?

I am Vaughn. I'm Rick the WILD-THING VAUGHN. 

No, I am not Coach Vaughn. I know how the system is at El Dorado. Vaughn wants the El Dorado job but he knows El Dorado has to go through the regular interview system to cover their basis. Vaughn has been with Reed since Forrest City maybe before than. It's interesting to know that Panter who also was under Reed at Forrest City came to El Dorado as well and ended up leaving for Magnolia. Reed leaves El Dorado, Panter leaves Magnolia to be Cabot's DC. Knowing all of this, it makes me believe that Vaughn will either get the head coaching job at El Dorado, if he doesn't he is going to Cabot.  It makes sense. I hate to see Vaughn not get his shot as a head coach because I think he would be wonderful as a head coach. Reed has departed El Dorado football in great hands and didn't leave a struggling program, I think Vaughn takes over and will go with what was built under Reed but will add his own adjustments to it.

Offline DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

• Starter
  • Cinderella story. Outta nowhere.
« Reply #161 on: January 16, 2019, 10:20:18 am »
El Dorado is a dying program.  Just face the facts.  I was at the game this year in ED.  There were tons of ED fans sitting on the Greenwood side of the field.   Either they are too embarrassed of their program, OR they wanted to feel what it's like to be a Bulldog fan.  Either way, ED is on the downward spiral.  Is it any wonder their coach jumped ship?

Offline AHS06

• Starter
« Reply #162 on: January 16, 2019, 11:55:29 am »
El Dorado is a dying program.  Just face the facts.  I was at the game this year in ED.  There were tons of ED fans sitting on the Greenwood side of the field.   Either they are too embarrassed of their program, OR they wanted to feel what it's like to be a Bulldog fan.  Either way, ED is on the downward spiral.  Is it any wonder their coach jumped ship?
Their fans along with other schools have done that for years.  Some look forward to seeing the opposing team fans.  Over the years friendships are built, friendly competition, etc.

Online boogercat

• Water Boy
« Reply #163 on: January 16, 2019, 02:16:06 pm »

Shows you how much you really know about El Dorado football. El Dorado has been doing that since Coach Register days that fans would often go sit on the vistor side on some of the home games. It's not a dying program, I really laughed out loud over this. Scott Reed took over a program that was struggling and turned it around, went the state championship his second year and ended up winning three in the row, and came back a won it again in 2013. Reed loved El Dorado, if the Cabot job wasn't open he would still be the coach at El Dorado. Reed built something at El Dorado, whoever gets the program is getting it in good hands. So El Dorado is not a dying program as you may think. El Dorado travels very well when they play away.

Offline Oldman

• Hall of Famer
  • 8 TIME STATE FOOTBALL CHAMPS
« Reply #164 on: January 16, 2019, 02:26:26 pm »
They feel safer on that side.

Online bleudog

• Fearless Friday Elite
  • Legend
  • 11/02/06: Never give up, never give out.
« Reply #165 on: January 16, 2019, 02:55:42 pm »

They feel safer on that side.

Offline DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

• Starter
  • Cinderella story. Outta nowhere.
« Reply #166 on: Today at 10:51:17 am »
Shows you how much you really know about El Dorado football. El Dorado has been doing that since Coach Register days that fans would often go sit on the vistor side on some of the home games. It's not a dying program, I really laughed out loud over this. Scott Reed took over a program that was struggling and turned it around, went the state championship his second year and ended up winning three in the row, and came back a won it again in 2013. Reed loved El Dorado, if the Cabot job wasn't open he would still be the coach at El Dorado. Reed built something at El Dorado, whoever gets the program is getting it in good hands. So El Dorado is not a dying program as you may think. El Dorado travels very well when they play away.

All i see is:
1)  Coach jumps ship
2)  ED fans on GW side of the field, covering their face in shame
3)  ED looking like a scrub team on the field.

Seems to me that ED is a dying program.   If they win 5 games this year I'll be shocked.

Offline eldocat

• Band Nerd
« Reply #167 on: Today at 12:56:43 pm »
Every team goes through transitions, El Dorado is one of the best programs in state of Arkansas, 9 state championships, numerous conference championships, countless playoffs appearances.  Just facts.  El Dorado has so much talent, every year. Sleep on them if you would like.  Coach Reed and his family loved El Dorado, that wasn't an easy decision for him to leave.  But if you have to opportunity to go home coach and then retire, why not.   Not anything but respect for him and wish him success, just not when they play the Cats!!

Online boogercat

• Water Boy
« Reply #168 on: Today at 04:45:34 pm »
All i see is:
1)  Coach jumps ship
2)  ED fans on GW side of the field, covering their face in shame
3)  ED looking like a scrub team on the field.

Seems to me that ED is a dying program.   If they win 5 games this year I'll be shocked.

I would had thought you would be better at trolling. You kinda suck at this. You only been to 1 El Dorado game and making your opinion based on that. Typical Greenwood fan

Baptist Health Orthopedic Center