Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Friday, March 22nd, 2019.
Congrats to all of the AR HS Football players who have signed letter of intent to play in college.
With a 3-0 weekend, kk2 comes from behind to win the Pick'em championship. kk2 292 ISU7 291 Coach Jones 291 RamblinWest 290 hill
Fearless Friday
Championship Capsules Posted

Author Topic: ARKANSAS High School Champion  (Read 1440 times)

Offline razorbackufo

• Water Boy
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
ARKANSAS High School Champion
« on: December 09, 2018, 04:17:14 pm »
                                               Arkansas High School  Champion

1. BRYANT VS JUNCTION CITY  2. ARKADELPHIA VS LITTLE ROCK CHRISTIAN 3. BOONEVILLE VS GREENWOOD   

WINNER OF GAME 2  VS  WINNER OF GAME 3.          GAME 1   BYE           

WINNER OF GAME 2 AND 3    VS GAME 1 WINNER         

WHOS YOUR CHAMPION

Offline The Future

• Starter
  • If life is a radio, turn up to 10.
Re: ARKANSAS High School Champion
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 04:41:18 pm »
It’s an awesome concept but one that will never come to pass.

Bryant would demolish Junction City. Maybe if both teams only played the same 22 starters plus a kicker the entire game, then maybe JC would have a chance. Don’t matter how good you are if you’re tired and your opponent brings in fresh legs every other play.
LRC vs Arkadelphia sounds like a interesting matchup but won’t be. LRC by a lot.
Booneville would stomp Greenwood if this was way back in the day. But today, Greenwood by a mercy rule.

Bryant has the bye obviously.
Greenwood vs LRC would be a pretty good match up. LRC kept offense monster PA to only 38 points total and 7 in the second half. They’ll have to not only hope to do the same to Greenwood, but they’ll need to score I’d say 30+ in hopes to beat Greenwood. And with Greenwood’s dominating defense, I don’t see that happening.
Greenwood by 17.

Greenwood vs Bryant sounds awesome. Not sure really either has a definite advantage. But I’m sure the winner would only win by no more than 14.

Really there’s no point in bringing in the 4A to 2A champs. LRC could maybe beat Greenwood if that night happened to be the 1 time out of 10 Greenwood doesn’t win.

Offline RD™

• Est 1996
  • Legend
  • Hated In Marion Since 2004
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 09:21:01 am »
The Overall championship would be: Bryant vs Greenwood. I'd take Bryant +7, but wouldn't count out Greenwood from an upset.

LR Christian's defense wouldn't know what to have done with Peyton Holt, I'd take Greenwood +14.

4A/3A/2A wouldn't have a prayer of beating any of the 6A/7A champs. Mercy Rules all the way around.

Online incogneto

• Bench Warmer
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 06:37:01 pm »
The Overall championship would be: Bryant vs Greenwood. I'd take Bryant +7, but wouldn't count out Greenwood from an upset.

LR Christian's defense wouldn't know what to have done with Peyton Holt, I'd take Greenwood +14.

4A/3A/2A wouldn't have a prayer of beating any of the 6A/7A champs. Mercy Rules all the way around.
Greenwoods offense would have had to score every single drive. 

Offline RD™

• Est 1996
  • Legend
  • Hated In Marion Since 2004
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2018, 10:13:12 am »
Greenwoods offense would have had to score every single drive. 
That happened quite a bit this year, especially in the First Half. I don't recall many punts nor turnovers.

Offline RATTLER43

• Head Coach
  • Old School
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 11:42:05 am »
It’s an awesome concept but one that will never come to pass.

Bryant would demolish Junction City. Maybe if both teams only played the same 22 starters plus a kicker the entire game, then maybe JC would have a chance. Don’t matter how good you are if you’re tired and your opponent brings in fresh legs every other play.
LRC vs Arkadelphia sounds like a interesting matchup but won’t be. LRC by a lot.
Booneville would stomp Greenwood if this was way back in the day. But today, Greenwood by a mercy rule.

Bryant has the bye obviously.
Greenwood vs LRC would be a pretty good match up. LRC kept offense monster PA to only 38 points total and 7 in the second half. They’ll have to not only hope to do the same to Greenwood, but they’ll need to score I’d say 30+ in hopes to beat Greenwood. And with Greenwood’s dominating defense, I don’t see that happening.
Greenwood by 17.

Greenwood vs Bryant sounds awesome. Not sure really either has a definite advantage. But I’m sure the winner would only win by no more than 14.

Really there’s no point in bringing in the 4A to 2A champs. LRC could maybe beat Greenwood if that night happened to be the 1 time out of 10 Greenwood doesn’t win.

I agree with most of your post and reasoning.  I am not so sure anybody would mercy-rule Booneville due to Booneville's immense size and strength on their line and ability to limit total possessions for a game. Plus, Booneville would move the chains more slowly than normal against 3A opponents which would eat up even more clock.   Just my take on it.   I think in the end, roster sizes do cause the larger schools to win out due to the fatigue factor, but not so sure Booneville isn't an exception to this rule to some degree causing them to avoid the mercy rule.   

Offline we_hate_the_band

• Bench Warmer
  • And Whals, and beaverfan007
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2019, 01:53:48 pm »
That happened quite a bit this year, especially in the First Half. I don't recall many punts nor turnovers.

Guess you missed their Semi-final game.

Offline GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over

• Water Boy
  • INTELLECTUAL BRUTALITY
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2019, 07:30:49 pm »
Big Schools: Greenwood
Small Schools: Booneville

Baptist Health Orthopedic Center