Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Friday, December 14th, 2018.
With a 3-0 weekend, kk2 comes from behind to win the Pick'em championship. kk2 292 ISU7 291 Coach Jones 291 RamblinWest 290 hill
Fearless Friday
Championship Capsules Posted

Author Topic: 2019 Arkansas Razorback Indoor/Outdoor Track & Field  (Read 279 times)

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
2019 Arkansas Razorback Indoor/Outdoor Track & Field
« on: November 17, 2018, 11:46:23 am »
I know Trackster is going to add the bulk of quality info in a couple months when indoor starts, but I wanted to have this thread already started for when it gets rolling and with today being the last day of XC for the Hogs...

Speaking of XC our women seemed to lay a bit of an egg on their result. They were listed as a top 5 or 6 are team all year and our freshmen from Australia, I feel quite bad for her. She has to be disappointed cause she ran by far her worst race today at nationals. The men's race is still to come, but our women got a disappointing 14th for them. That's about where I see the men finishing, but expected better from the women's team.

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
Re: 2019 Arkansas Razorback Indoor/Outdoor Track & Field
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 12:42:03 pm »
Arkansas men equally as disappointing... I could only see the men's results down to 22 and we weren't even on the list  :o

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 12:56:19 pm »
Just saw men's full results.... Poor Boit had a horrible race. Griffith did his part and beat Boit by 30 seconds when it has been Boit ahead of Griffith for us all year. I know the course was covered in snow in the morning before hand. I don't know how many times that young man has ever even ran in the snow being from Kenya. I hope that was not his first time ever cause that's the only thing I can think of is the weather negatively impacted his performance more than it would other runners who are well adapted to it.

Offline RATTLER43

• Head Coach
  • Old School
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 09:35:02 am »
I believe it is the worst places by both teams I've seen in my life.  Truly disappointed.  Either recruiting or preparation/training must improve.    Hoping indoor is much better.   I believe it will be.

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2018, 05:52:17 pm »
I believe it is the worst places by both teams I've seen in my life.  Truly disappointed.  Either recruiting or preparation/training must improve.    Hoping indoor is much better.   I believe it will be.

You literally just answered the question I was about to ask... I thought this may be the worst combined showing we have ever had. I think we'll be ok in indoor cause some people just had bad showings at the wrong time at nationals when they had been performing better all year.

Offline RATTLER43

• Head Coach
  • Old School
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 11:22:46 pm »
We are the Razorbacks.  My expectations are sky high every year.  Indoor must be better to get this bitter taste out of my mouth. 

Baptist Health Orthopedic Center