Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Friday, March 22nd, 2019.
Congrats to all of the AR HS Football players who have signed letter of intent to play in college.
With a 3-0 weekend, kk2 comes from behind to win the Pick'em championship. kk2 292 ISU7 291 Coach Jones 291 RamblinWest 290 hill
Fearless Friday
Championship Capsules Posted

Author Topic: 2019 teams  (Read 5902 times)

Offline arkansasprepfootball

• Bench Warmer
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
Re: 2019 teams
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2019, 10:33:56 am »
Posted something similar on Dermott thread on 2A board - unless concrete rules on participation are put in place for the next cycle, 8-man will become nothing but teams who can't compete in 11-man.

Where are these schools that were supposedly going to start football and play 8-man?  Frankly, I don't think they exist.  The start-up costs of 8-man and 11-man are virtually identical.  Still need field, equipment, staff, etc.  I do not see any current basketball-only program adding football at 8-man level.

I do know there is a push from some - coaches/admin/etc. - to move to 6-man instead of 8-man.  If it is truly about low participation, that would be a better move.

Offline tmycjy

• Official FF 5A Predictions Expert
  • Fearless Friday Elite
  • Assistant Coach
  • Go Wynne Yellow Jackets Go The Delta Swarm
Re: 2019 teams
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2019, 09:35:48 pm »
Posted something similar on Dermott thread on 2A board - unless concrete rules on participation are put in place for the next cycle, 8-man will become nothing but teams who can't compete in 11-man.

Where are these schools that were supposedly going to start football and play 8-man?  Frankly, I don't think they exist.  The start-up costs of 8-man and 11-man are virtually identical.  Still need field, equipment, staff, etc.  I do not see any current basketball-only program adding football at 8-man level.

I do know there is a push from some - coaches/admin/etc. - to move to 6-man instead of 8-man.  If it is truly about low participation, that would be a better move.

now that my point I been saying all a long

Baptist Health Orthopedic Center