Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Tuesday, October 16th, 2018.
Week 6 Review
Week 5 Review
Week 4 Review
Week 3 Review
Southside's Coleman Week 3 POW
Week 2 Review

Author Topic: Carlisle Basketball  (Read 2311 times)

Offline HoopKing

• Bench Warmer
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
Carlisle Basketball
« on: September 12, 2018, 10:12:16 am »
How are the Bison and Lady Bison basketball teams going to be?

Offline Bildo

• 2nd String
  • Try being informed instead of just opinionated
Re: Carlisle Basketball
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 10:57:17 am »
I think with the conference re-alignment that the boys will be able to compete in more games and improve throughout the year.

The girls will be in a much tougher conference. This will make them be more battle tested come post season

Offline LeftyWorld

• Water Boy
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 11:19:26 am »
I think with the conference re-alignment that the boys will be able to compete in more games and improve throughout the year.

The girls will be in a much tougher conference. This will make them be more battle tested come post season

Iím not sure how battle tested they will be. I really donít see anyone beating them in their new conference.

Offline Bildo

• 2nd String
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 12:30:49 pm »
Donít count out Bigelow, England or Poyen...especially at home. Donít get me wrong... I think they should take care of business but anything can happen. And with the District Tournament being hosted by the highest bidder is HUGE!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 12:32:20 pm by Bildo »

Offline HoopKing

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 02:14:16 pm »
I heard that Bigelow has a really good young team!  Successful in junior high but does it translate to high school.

Offline Ctucker

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 03:36:00 pm »
I heard that Bigelow has a really good young team!  Successful in junior high but does it translate to high school.
Most of the time it does! They moved some up last year and made state with them so it wonít  be any sunrise to them!

Online Flobbito

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2018, 05:15:53 pm »
Bigelow will be solid for the next few years, and they are really tough at home with the gym they are in.

Offline Bildo

• 2nd String
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2018, 09:28:56 am »
Exactly my point.... home court advantage is huge in any sport or level. Canít take anyone for granted. Bigelow girls are up and coming.... Carlisle will be solid, as always.

Offline Cheek

• All Star
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2018, 01:10:19 pm »
This will be the toughest Conference Carlisle ever played in.  The boys should be okay, but I do not expect them to compete for conference,  but the girls will have to step it up if they expect to compete. Bigelow will be the pre-season number one.  Poyen would have been number two, but I hear they lost a couple of their top players to transfer, but Coach Schafer will have them ready to go.  England returns everyone and will be ready to compete for the conference title and beyond.  Carlisle has a good team returning, but have a lot to replace with the lose of Warren.  Having Ricks back is a plus, but unless they have some
of the younger girls step up, it  could get tough season.  Magnet Cove  and Cutter always play hard, but donít know what they have returning.   I do not know much about Hazen or Maumelle Charter.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 01:13:32 pm by Cheek »

Online pick_DA_EAGLES

• Fearless Friday Elite
  • Hall of Famer
  • i feel more like i do now than i did awhile ago!
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2018, 02:40:25 pm »
This will be the toughest Conference Carlisle ever played in.  The boys should be okay, but I do not expect them to compete for conference,  but the girls will have to step it up if they expect to compete. Bigelow will be the pre-season number one.  Poyen would have been number two, but I hear they lost a couple of their top players to transfer, but Coach Schafer will have them ready to go.  England returns everyone and will be ready to compete for the conference title and beyond.  Carlisle has a good team returning, but have a lot to replace with the lose of Warren.  Having Ricks back is a plus, but unless they have some
of the younger girls step up, it  could get tough season.  Magnet Cove  and Cutter always play hard, but donít know what they have returning.   I do not know much about Hazen or Maumelle Charter.

Hazen was not good last season.

Offline HoopKing

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2018, 02:44:31 pm »
I think those are the top 4 teams but who know

Offline LeftyWorld

• Water Boy
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2018, 06:07:30 pm »

I know Poyen lost the Hicks girls to LRCA, but who else transfered? England boys and girls should both make a strong push to win the conference I would imagine. I donít think Bigelow will be physical enough to take them out.

Offline Cheek

• All Star
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2018, 08:10:49 pm »
I know Poyen lost the Hicks girls to LRCA, but who else transfered? England boys and girls should both make a strong push to win the conference I would imagine. I donít think Bigelow will be physical enough to take them out.

England Boys and Girls will be in the mix. I still think based on what everyone has coming back on the girls side,  Bigelow will be the team to beat.

Offline LeftyWorld

• Water Boy
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2018, 09:32:44 pm »
It will be interesting to see how this league shakes out! Only a few short months away from tip offs.

Offline LeftyWorld

• Water Boy
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2018, 09:34:47 pm »
Hazen was not good last season.

From the looks of it cutter was not great and magnet looked to have been worse on MaxPreps.

Offline JagHog

• Water Boy
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2018, 07:29:40 am »
Magnet Cove will not be good since the Anderson kid transferred to Southwest Christian Academy.

Offline Bildo

• 2nd String
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2018, 11:39:04 am »
The girls side of the conference will come down to who can win on the road. Gonna be a three horse race (England, Bigelow and Carlisle) if Poyen lost some players. England doesnít lose anyone, Bigelow is young but went to the State Tournament last year and Carlisle who lost a couple players bring back a lot.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 01:22:19 pm by Bildo »

Offline LeftyWorld

• Water Boy
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2018, 09:12:16 pm »
I think Poyen is still going to be pretty tough, even with the loss of the hicks girl. They will definitely be tough at home and senior heavy.

Offline Cheek

• All Star
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2018, 09:58:12 pm »
I think Poyen is still going to be pretty tough, even with the loss of the hicks girl. They will definitely be tough at home and senior heavy.

This is the group at Poyen that they were waiting to be SrĒs.   They were dominate I starting in the 7th grade.   I look forward to seeing Poyens new gym.

Offline JagHog

• Water Boy
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2018, 07:30:31 am »
Carlisle's boys will never be good if they keep Horn on as the head coach, that guy is just a sweater vest on a log and can't control those kids.  Should've given the job to Johnson this summer when Horn tried to walk, instead they let Johnson walk to Midland and get a good job there.

Offline Bildo

• 2nd String
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2018, 09:15:37 am »
Carlisle's boys will never be good if they keep Horn on as the head coach, that guy is just a sweater vest on a log and can't control those kids.  Should've given the job to Johnson this summer when Horn tried to walk, instead they let Johnson walk to Midland and get a good job there.
Comments like these are EXACTLY why you shouldnít open your mouth about things you know nothing about. Horn is now the Superintendent (and a fine one at that) and was NEVER the head coach. Johnson is a great young man and coach and wouldíve been great to keep him. Slatton is the head boys coach and is also a great coach. Speak on things you know and button it up on things you donít.

Offline Ctucker

• Starter
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2018, 09:32:26 am »
Comments like these are EXACTLY why you shouldnít open your mouth about things you know nothing about. Horn is now the Superintendent (and a fine one at that) and was NEVER the head coach. Johnson is a great young man and coach and wouldíve been great to keep him. Slatton is the head boys coach and is also a great coach. Speak on things you know and button it up on things you donít.
Bildo youíre right this is the same guy that says coach from Lighthouse preaches discipline!

Offline tigerblood

• Water Boy
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2018, 11:17:53 am »
Where's the new coach from? Hopefully my Brinkley Tigas are on the schedule!

Offline Bildo

• 2nd String
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2018, 04:22:52 pm »
Same head coaches as last year. We had an assistant go to Midland for a head coaching opportunity

Offline JagHog

• Water Boy
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2018, 08:04:48 pm »
Oh and how many games did Slatton or whatever his name is win last year? Pretty sure Carlisle finished last in conference as well.... those boys donít respond to him or respect him. Canít blame him too much since he didnít know who he really had on a daily basis, since his boys were constantly in trouble or so I heard from a credible Carlisle source

Offline HoopKing

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2018, 08:14:48 pm »
What's your problem with slatton?  I'm guessing you are from Mccrory and you guys aren't much better at basketball. 

Offline HoopKing

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2018, 08:15:20 pm »
They won 6 games I believe

Offline Bildo

• 2nd String
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2018, 03:46:47 pm »
Oh and how many games did Slatton or whatever his name is win last year? Pretty sure Carlisle finished last in conference as well.... those boys donít respond to him or respect him. Canít blame him too much since he didnít know who he really had on a daily basis, since his boys were constantly in trouble or so I heard from a credible Carlisle source
So our Coaches are terrible and our kids stay in trouble?! Your credible source is just one opinion. I am sure I can find ďsourcesĒ from your fan base that will same the same about your program. You canít even get the names of our Coaches straight and you want me to acknowledge your credibility?! Laughable...   Our basketball program and kids are doing just fine.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 10:40:14 am by Bildo »

Offline AverageJo24

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2018, 11:03:52 am »
Was there not an opening for Johnson at Carlisle? Not trying to stir the pot or anything, but I just heard Carlisle basically just let him walk and didn't offer him anything. Seemed a little strange to me, but I do not know the whole story.

Offline HoopKing

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2018, 02:13:35 pm »
Neither head coach was leaving so there wasn't an opening as ahead coach other than maybe as the head baseball coach.

Offline LeftyWorld

• Water Boy
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2018, 05:01:19 pm »
Neither head coach was leaving so there wasn't an opening as ahead coach other than maybe as the head baseball coach.

I know for a fact there was a boys head basketball job at carlisle because it was advertised.

Offline CoachWhoever

• Cheerleader
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2018, 05:39:20 pm »
Iím pretty sure it was advertised the last two years. I know it was the year before last for sure.

Offline HoopKing

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2018, 06:03:17 pm »
The boys job was advertised during the summer.  He didn't end up leaving but that is beside the point.  Johnson had the Midland job before school was out so there was no opening at the time.  Slatton didn't try to leave until the summer.

Offline hogtastics

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2018, 11:34:15 pm »
From the looks of it cutter was not great and magnet looked to have been worse on MaxPreps.

Not sure about Magnet Cove this year, but CMS girls started 4 sophomores last year. They will be much stronger this year. Shaffer will have Poyen ready to play. They were good last year...look for them to be stronger this year. Both of these teams will be in the mix. Maumelle Charter wonít be in the conversation with girls. They couldnít compete last year.

As for boys, Poyen, Magnet Cove & CMS all had young teams. Magnet graduated 3 seniors. Not sure exact numbers for Poyen. CMS started 3 sophomores last year and a junior who didnít see much court time the year before with the 2017-18 team filled with seniors who made it to final 4. CMS will be the team to beat coming in from the south side of the conference. Maumelle Charter is also a solid team and well coached. They will be ready.

With all that being said, I havenít kept up with the north side of the conference as closely, but I expect this to be a tough conference.

Offline JagHog

• Water Boy
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2018, 07:32:32 am »
Don't know how good Maumelle Charter will really be, they graduated 5 seniors I believe?  Which was most of their starting lineup.  Great Coach though

Offline Cheek

• All Star
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2018, 10:34:27 am »
Don't know how good Maumelle Charter will really be, they graduated 5 seniors I believe?  Which was most of their starting lineup.  Great Coach though

Easy to rebuild Charter School programs.  They donít have to play by the same transfer rules.

Offline Bildo

• 2nd String
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2018, 07:12:02 am »
I agree Cheek... kinda puts the rest of the public schools at a disadvantage in many sports. In our ďsmall town worldĒ, we somewhat ďforecastĒ the success of our programs by looking what we have and what is a few grades behind. The occasional move-in sometimes plays a factor, but for the most part.... you play with the hand your dealt. 
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 08:49:33 am by Bildo »

Offline Cheek

• All Star
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2018, 09:54:06 pm »
I agree Cheek... kinda puts the rest of the public schools at a disadvantage in many sports. In our ďsmall town worldĒ, we somewhat ďforecastĒ the success of our programs by looking what we have and what is a few grades behind. The occasional move-in sometimes plays a factor, but for the most part.... you play with the hand your dealt.

We are in the same boar.

Offline JagHog

• Water Boy
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2018, 10:55:22 am »
Easy to rebuild Charter School programs.  They donít have to play by the same transfer rules.
Yes they do.............

Offline HorseFeathers

• Fearless Friday Moderator
  • Legend
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2018, 02:06:58 pm »
Yeah they do....Didn't the Doakes kid find that out the hardway last season?

Offline Bildo

• 2nd String
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2018, 04:46:55 pm »
I believe so HF...

Offline Central Ark

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2018, 10:36:42 pm »
Yeah they do....Didn't the Doakes kid find that out the hardway last season?

He found out they play by different rules, but in a bad way. If a player transfers back to his home district, he will become eligible. Charter school donít get to abide by this rule. He wouldíve had to sit out a full year at Lighthouse.

Offline Cheek

• All Star
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2018, 08:53:39 am »
He found out they play by different rules, but in a bad way. If a player transfers back to his home district, he will become eligible. Charter school donít get to abide by this rule. He wouldíve had to sit out a full year at Lighthouse.

This is a unique situation.  Doahes  tried to play at NLR by reporting a false address. When this was discovered, he tried to go back to alight house but the AAA said no, so he had to go to J-Ville. Kids do not have to sit out going from Public to Charter.

Offline HoopKing

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2018, 09:29:19 am »
Charter schools have kinda hijacked this thread

Offline Cheek

• All Star
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2018, 02:10:59 pm »
Charter schools have kinda hijacked this thread

Okay,  back to Carlisle Basketball.

Baptist Health Orthopedic Center