Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Sunday, November 18th, 2018.
Having a few issues with my computer tonight but still functioning with score updates. A few less tweets tonight as a result
The Danville/Smackover playoff game has been moved to El Dorado High School due to unplayable field conditions at Smackover.
Pick'em open! Picking every playoff game. See where you rank!
Due to many games being played on THUR, the PICK'EM will lock at 5:00 on Thursday.
Week 9 Review
Week 8 Review
Week 7 Review

Author Topic: Conference predictions  (Read 5973 times)

Offline LeftyWorld

• Bench Warmer
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
Re: Conference predictions
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2018, 06:15:03 pm »
England Boys and Girls dominated this conference in the past, and will again.  I expect England Boys will win conference,  and Bigelow and England girls will battle for the top spot on the Girls side.

Carlisle girls should not go quietly. I expect them to give Bigelow and England a run for their money. England boys will be dominate in this conference. Brakebill moving to Poyen May be able to slow England down but i dont know if he could pull it off. He did always give Baptist prep fits when he was out manned as far as talent goes.

Offline HoopKing

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2018, 09:37:34 am »
The last two years England and Carlisle Jr high teams have been neck and neck in Jr high and Carlisle returns 3 starters.  I think there are 4 teams in girls that can win conference. Carlisle england Bigelow and poyen. I am looking forward to those battles.

Offline YSpanther

• Water Boy
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2018, 01:15:46 am »
2A1 Boys:

Yellville-Summit
Eureka Springs
Flippin
Cotter
Haas Hall Fayetteville
Decatur

HH Bentonville and Arkansas Arts Academy are not competing in this conference in this sport this year.

Flip Y-S and Eureka possibly.  Switch Cotter and HH and Decatur in a 3 card monty at the bottom any way you want.  Flippin is a solid 3 in between.  Cotter is learning a hard lesson about playing nothing but seniors last year.  They had a great regular season last year, but they have absolutely no experience so far this year and it shows.  Y-S and Eureka Springs on the other hand are bringing almost all starters and contributors back from pretty successful years last year, YS at the 3A level.

Does anyone know which conferences will be paired for regionals since many teams got shuffled?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 01:23:15 am by YSpanther »

Online ozarkmtnsman

• Water Boy
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2018, 07:19:28 pm »
The 2A1 conference has to be the weakest conference in the state this year.  Yellville should walk away with this one.   Yellville needs to try somehow and schedule some competitive ballgames to prepare for regionals.  The Clinton and Bergman games were scrapped, those were by far the toughest non-conference games on the schedule.

Offline YSpanther

• Water Boy
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2018, 01:11:47 am »
The 2A1 conference has to be the weakest conference in the state this year.  Yellville should walk away with this one.   Yellville needs to try somehow and schedule some competitive ballgames to prepare for regionals.  The Clinton and Bergman games were scrapped, those were by far the toughest non-conference games on the schedule.
No doubt. If they take care of business on Monday against Jasper, they will get to play Jonesboro Westside, which will be good. But if they win that, they will likely be playing Alpena, Deer or Flippin, which are all decently solid teams, but not elite competition.  And Marshall will probably be way down.  The North Arkansas College tournament will be okay, but don't know who will be in that one.  Since Valley has decided to spread themselves far afield, they don't cross our path.  Yellville could easily end up at 23-2 or something and get blown out in the first round of the state.  We didn't play Osceola as well as Valley did last year, but we didn't embarrass ourselves in regionals when we were the smallest 3A team last year, and future rotations are based on previous year's enrollment.  So we basically had 2A numbers, and were playing 3A powerhouses.

Do you know which conference the 2A1 is matched up with in regionals this year?

Online ozarkmtnsman

• Water Boy
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2018, 04:55:43 pm »
I was thinking 2A1 was paired with 2A4 in regionals, but I may be way off.

Overall it seems boys and girls basketball is down this year in North Central Arkansas.

Offline YSpanther

• Water Boy
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2018, 01:32:54 am »
Bergman, Valley and Norfork are pretty good in girls, but I haven't seen very much elsewhere, that is true. I think Jasper is pretty decent too.

Offline Basketballfan13

• Starter
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2018, 02:13:27 pm »
No doubt. If they take care of business on Monday against Jasper, they will get to play Jonesboro Westside, which will be good. But if they win that, they will likely be playing Alpena, Deer or Flippin, which are all decently solid teams, but not elite competition.  And Marshall will probably be way down.  The North Arkansas College tournament will be okay, but don't know who will be in that one.  Since Valley has decided to spread themselves far afield, they don't cross our path.  Yellville could easily end up at 23-2 or something and get blown out in the first round of the state.  We didn't play Osceola as well as Valley did last year, but we didn't embarrass ourselves in regionals when we were the smallest 3A team last year, and future rotations are based on previous year's enrollment.  So we basically had 2A numbers, and were playing 3A powerhouses.

Do you know which conference the 2A1 is matched up with in regionals this year?
I believe that Valley is back in the NAC tournament for this year.

Online ozarkmtnsman

• Water Boy
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2018, 05:02:21 pm »
Bergman, Valley and Norfork are pretty good in girls, but I haven't seen very much elsewhere, that is true. I think Jasper is pretty decent too.

Yeah, they are good but all are down a notch from last year. Bergman boys are up. Yellville has gone from a tough 3A/4A blended conference to one of the weakest 2A conferences so they should finish strong.

Offline YSpanther

• Water Boy
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2018, 06:28:00 pm »
I believe that Valley is back in the NAC tournament for this year.
It looked like they were going to the Mountain Home Christmas Tournament instead

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/valley-springs-tigers-(valley-springs,ar)/basketball/schedule.htm

Offline ak58

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2018, 10:38:01 pm »
For Mobile Views.
Fordyce was down to 5 girls after the OBU tourney. Donít think they will be a factor. It will be between Spring Hill and Harmony Grove. SH has one the last 3 meetings, they will meet up in 2 weeks.  Donít know much about any of the other girls. I think Woodlawn girls made 1A state tourney last year. So they shouldnít be a slouch!

Baptist Health Orthopedic Center