• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Football playoff bracket on AAA website.

Started by smurf_you91, August 28, 2018, 02:39:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

smurf_you91

Ok so the brackets are now out and the 4-4A has home field throughout as well as the 2-4A. I've got the Hillbillies and Batesville Southside as the bye teams but both will eventually end up in a bad spot in the quarters with the 4-4A playing either Arkadelphia or Robinson and the 2-4A playing Warren so review the bracket and tell me what you think?

AirWarren

August 28, 2018, 02:44:59 pm #1 Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 02:48:17 pm by AirWarren
Quote from: smurf_you91 on August 28, 2018, 02:39:08 pm
Ok so the brackets are now out and the 4-4A has home field throughout as well as the 2-4A. I've got the Hillbillies and Batesville Southside as the bye teams but both will eventually end up in a bad spot in the quarters with the 4-4A playing either Arkadelphia or Robinson and the 2-4A playing Warren so review the bracket and tell me what you think?

I didn't see it on the AAA site.

SUGARTOWN

Can you give us a link?

beach bum

Home field advantage won't help anyone beat Warren or Robinson... The bracket is set up for Robinson vs Warren to meet in the finals. I am glad the 7 and 8 conference winners are not on the same side

smurf_you91

AirWarren

Quote from: smurf_you91 on August 28, 2018, 03:13:55 pm
Or an arky Warren rematch

If it all plays out right.

Warren will go to Batesville SS...assuming they win out. Then the 2nd and 3rd seed of the 7-4A is on the same side of the bracket as Warren. Which could be Joe T, Nashville, or Arkadelphia.

That is some tough football to get to War Memorial. Not to mention the winner of the 1 is also on that same side.

bigchief72455

August 28, 2018, 03:19:11 pm #7 Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 03:22:16 pm by bigchief72455
Quote from: AirWarren on August 28, 2018, 03:16:23 pm

Warren will go to Batesville SS...assuming they win out. Then the 2nd and 3rd seed of the 7-4A is on the same side of the bracket as Warren. Which could be Joe T, Nashville, or Arkadelphia.

That is some tough football to get to War Memorial. Not to mention the winner of the 1 is also on that same side.
There could be some state title level games early on depending on how the brackets take form. Just have to see what the next 10 weeks have in store.

AirWarren

Quote from: bigchief72455 on August 28, 2018, 03:19:11 pm
There could be some state title level games early on depending on how the brackets take form. Just have to see what the next 10 weeks have in store.

Absolutely.

smurf_you91

Could you imagine if Ozark dardanelle or Pottsville beat arky or Robinson in the quarters I mean I know it probably won't happen but I mean it is football anything is possible

phdefense

August 28, 2018, 03:48:20 pm #10 Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 03:51:37 pm by phdefense
Quote from: AirWarren on August 28, 2018, 03:16:23 pm

It's the 2012 bracket all over again. At least I am pretty sure it is the same preset. So I guess we just have a 6-year rotation.

http://www.maxpreps.com/tournament/czy5oyH7EeK0uwAmVebBJg/KPNtkyH8EeK0uwAmVebBJg/football-fall-12/2012-arkansas-boys-state-football-playoff-brackets--aaa-4a.htm

AirWarren

bulldoghistorian

smurf_you91

bulldoghistorian

As far as the 8-4A is concerned, you want to finish 1st or 2nd. That guaranties you staying home for at least the 1st 2 rounds.
A 3rd place finish guarantees you staying home in the 1st round, but a trip likely to Robinson awaits in round 2.
A 4th or 5th place finish, and you're likely heading to P G or Pea Ridge in the 1st round.

richboy

Quote from: smurf_you91 on August 28, 2018, 03:40:54 pm
Could you imagine if Ozark dardanelle or Pottsville beat arky or Robinson in the quarters I mean I know it probably won't happen but I mean it is football anything is possible
no we couldn't.

OrangeCrush.

scrapman

HeberFan

You have Southside winning the 2-4A conference? That would mean Southside has to win out, and even more unlikely, Stuttgart has to lose TWO conference games. Won't happen.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: HeberFan on October 03, 2018, 09:02:57 am
You have Southside winning the 2-4A conference? That would mean Southside has to win out, and even more unlikely, Stuttgart has to lose TWO conference games. Won't happen.

He posted that on Aug. 28th

HeberFan

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 03, 2018, 09:07:53 am
He posted that on Aug. 28th

Oh yeah. Best time to predict playoff brackets is AFTER they are set.  :o)

GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over

If Shiloh and Pea Ridge are playing for the 1-4A title week ten do either of them throw the game to stay away from Warren, Stuttgart, Nashville, and Arkadelphia's side of the bracket?

RabAlumni

Quote from: GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over on October 03, 2018, 01:45:47 pm
If Shiloh and Pea Ridge are playing for the 1-4A title week ten do either of them throw the game to stay away from Warren, Stuttgart, Nashville, and Arkadelphia's side of the bracket?

Only if they are smart, but that's just my two cents!

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over on October 03, 2018, 01:45:47 pm
Prairie Grove would.

RabAlumni

Quote from: Lacerta agilis on October 03, 2018, 02:11:04 pm
Prairie Grove would.

I mean why would you not?  More than likely you are already going to know the majority of the seedings, especially 1 seeds by week ten. If you see Bracket A has somewhat of an easier road to War Memorial than Bracket B why in Haiti's would you not take that route? That State Championship Banner is going to waive a heck of a lot nicer than that conference championship patch will look on a jacket!

Lacerta agilis

You see purposely throwing a game as clever gamesmanship. I see it as being a coward. Guess we were raised differently.

HeberFan

Don't see anyone losing a game on purpose. Maybe resting starters, but that's it.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: HeberFan on October 03, 2018, 03:58:12 pm
Don't see anyone losing a game on purpose. Maybe resting starters, but that's it.

If you're resting starters in a game for the conference championship...that's pretty much throwing it.

RabAlumni

Quote from: Lacerta agilis on October 03, 2018, 03:38:18 pm
You see purposely throwing a game as clever gamesmanship. I see it as being a coward. Guess we were raised differently.

Just saying, heard of it happening before in High School Sports more than once.

JoeWho

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas