Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Monday, October 22nd, 2018.
Week 7 Review
Week 6 Review
Week 5 Review
Week 4 Review
Week 3 Review
Southside's Coleman Week 3 POW
Week 2 Review

Author Topic: Har-Ber Transfers to Springdale High  (Read 5498 times)

Offline soccerhawg

• Cheerleader
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
Har-Ber Transfers to Springdale High
« on: April 24, 2018, 02:17:36 pm »
I'm just curious; how are all of these football players that left Har-Ber, after last season, going to be allowed to play at Springdale this Fall?  I thought that if you changed schools, outside of certain parameters, you were not eligible the next year.  I know that if you move districts, the loss of eligibility doesn't apply but I just can't believe that ALL of these players families moved, just around town.

Is there some kind of politics going on here?  Does anyone with actual knowledge of the situation know anything they can tell?

Offline 4real

• 2nd String
  • It's in the hole!
Re: Har-Ber Transfers to Springdale High
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 09:30:45 pm »
Quick and easy transfers between these two are very common.  It's just not usual for it to be out of har-ber

Offline francocat

• Water Boy
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 11:40:06 am »
Check out the thread "2018 Talk" from earlier this year under 7A.

Online Rob Van Winkle

• Bench Warmer
  • My best ain't as good as it once was.......
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 06:38:12 pm »
All players who transferred have already been declared eligible to play in the fall. As another poster stated, in district transfers have been granted for various reasons since the 2 schools split. These transfers fell within a precedence that had already been set.

Offline Rayburn

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 11:15:47 am »
I'm just curious; how are all of these football players that left Har-Ber, after last season, going to be allowed to play at Springdale this Fall?  I thought that if you changed schools, outside of certain parameters, you were not eligible the next year.  I know that if you move districts, the loss of eligibility doesn't apply but I just can't believe that ALL of these players families moved, just around town.

Is there some kind of politics going on here?  Does anyone with actual knowledge of the situation know anything they can tell?
As you can see by now, no good reason it's allowed. The AAA just follows its rules when it wants, and disregards them when it wants. This particular precedent started the first year of Har-Ber's existence, when the AAA simply allowed every single kid in the new Harber school zone (that wanted to) play for Malzahn's state championship Bulldogs team. But precendent shouldn't really be a factor. The AAA should follow the rules in their own handbook.

Online Rob Van Winkle

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 02:42:48 pm »
As you can see by now, no good reason it's allowed. The AAA just follows its rules when it wants, and disregards them when it wants. This particular precedent started the first year of Har-Ber's existence, when the AAA simply allowed every single kid in the new Harber school zone (that wanted to) play for Malzahn's state championship Bulldogs team. But precendent shouldn't really be a factor. The AAA should follow the rules in their own handbook.

Harber did not offer varsity football in 2005. Their first year of varsity football was 2006 so yes those seniors were allowed to go to SHS. It's exactly what Bentonville and BVW did in West's first year of varsity football.

Also why shouldn't precedence be a factor? If this has been allowed previously for similar reasons, why shouldn't it be allowed now? No one was saying a word when kids were going from SHS across town but all of the sudden it is a problem.

And to the original posters question, there are no politics involved with the move, just a need for change for all parties involved-players and coaches.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 03:26:22 pm by Rob Van Winkle »

Offline Rzrback4Life

• Band Nerd
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2018, 05:11:57 pm »
I keep seeing people post about how ďno one said anything when kids transferred to Har-Ber.Ē  Can someone give some names of student athletes that have transferred that were not forced to move or who were not already in Har-Ber district to begin with?

Online Rob Van Winkle

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2018, 09:04:06 am »
Naming names of kids, with the exception for accolades, is not a good idea in this board. With that said last season twin brothers played high school football in Springdale, one at Harber and one at SHS. Both started their careers at SHS but one was allowed to move to Harber after his sophomore season. Sad thing is the kid barely saw the field at HB and he would have been an impact player at SHS.

If the moves were approved by the school district, why is this even relevant? Precedence has been set in the district a long time ago on in district transfers- Right, wrong or indifferent. Heck HB coaches have said they will be better without the kids who left so if they feel that way, why does anyone else care?   

Offline gameoflife

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2018, 08:26:48 pm »
because a lot of transfers is the first sign of something shady going on. 

Online Rob Van Winkle

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2018, 08:41:43 pm »
I understand the initial reaction to transfers. I have thought he same thing when I read where kids transferred.

Instead of immediately going to something shady going on the question should be asked "why do they want to leave?"  This question has been asked on other threads regarding this issue and there have been no direct answers on the message board out of respect for all those involved.

Hey Hootens still has Harber picked to finish above SHS in conference so the kids who left must not have been that important.

Offline HarBer Dad

• Water Boy
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2018, 10:29:13 am »
LOL Rob you are like a hawk watching over this thread swooping down to pounce on anyone who dares post  ;D

My understanding of the situation as it has evolved is that it could be a good thing for all involved.  I certainly hope so for all current and future players at both schools.  The kids who left where good quality players and young men, I wish them well.  I would love to see both teams playing each other late in November, that would be fun.

Online Rob Van Winkle

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2018, 12:33:06 pm »
HB Dad  ;D ;D ;D

Hopefully it will be the best thing for everyone involved, players and coaches. Should be a fun year and I too hope they meet in late November. It would be great for the community.

Offline businesstron

• Starter
  • Your number 1 high school board. Fearless Fridays!
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2018, 11:43:58 am »
Is there a point where we can atleast name the positions of the ones the transferred?   I can tell who did by just reading Hootens and some of them will have some impact. One in particular.

Online Rob Van Winkle

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2018, 06:09:45 am »
QB will be the biggest impact for the success of the team. Other positions are
WR/CB
OLB/TE
WR/RB/S
RB/LB
MLB

Offline STBruin

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2018, 11:05:23 am »
Ok, so in the AAA's eyes...there is no problem with a kid transfering 5 miles, according to Google Maps, and can remain eligible athletically? That, in my opinion is ridiculous, but they have been allowing it in LR. I know of a couple kids who have played at 3 different schools in 3 consecutive years...

Online Razorback Red

• Starter
  • BHS Grad- class of 95
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2018, 01:34:50 pm »
I don't have the details of this particular situation, but as I've stated in another thread it's really easy in the 7A to pick the school you want to play at.  In NWA, there are seven 7A schools within 30 miles of each other and then sprinkle in some quality 4A programs (PR, PG and Shiloh), kids can play where they want in the system that fits them the best.  Parents can work for Walmart, a Walmart supplier, Tyson or JB Hunt and live anywhere they want from Bella Vista to Fayetteville.  Happens every day, and yes parents do move for their kids schools. 

I don't see the big deal here.  I think the same scenario could be true for LR, Cabot, Conway, Benton, Bryant or any of the quality smaller schools in the LR area.  It's pretty easy in 2018 to find the fit you want for your kids. 

Offline businesstron

• Starter
  • Your number 1 high school board. Fearless Fridays!
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2018, 10:50:39 am »
In all honestly it shouldn't be a be deal.  I've seen a few kids go back in forth between the schools since it opened.   My only question is how good will it make Springdale?  They got some good kids in deal.

Online sportsguy80

• 2nd String
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2018, 09:26:39 am »
In all honestly it shouldn't be a be deal.  I've seen a few kids go back in forth between the schools since it opened.   My only question is how good will it make Springdale?  They got some good kids in deal.
Thatís what Iím gonna find out too. Iíve been under a rock with work and family this summer so Iím trying to get back caught up on whatís going on. I should have known there were going to be some changes for both football programs after last season due to a number of events. I know players, coaches, and parents from both schools. After reading some of your posts, I will have to agree that this move was kinda unusual but definitely justified.

Offline Maynard G Krebs

• Assistant Coach
  • Work????!!!
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2018, 05:29:09 pm »
Ok, so in the AAA's eyes...there is no problem with a kid transfering 5 miles, according to Google Maps, and can remain eligible athletically? That, in my opinion is ridiculous, but they have been allowing it in LR. I know of a couple kids who have played at 3 different schools in 3 consecutive years...

weren't transfer rules made to restrict public to private and private to private transfers?

Offline STBruin

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2018, 09:02:27 am »
weren't transfer rules made to restrict public to private and private to private transfers?

EXACTLY...but if your in public school and want to transfer to a public school...its all fair game.

Baptist Health Orthopedic Center