Other Arkansas High School Sports > Arkansas High School Track and Field

DISTRICT MEETS (and state looming)

(1/5) > >>

beach bum:
Good luck to all those having their district meets this week and trying to qualify for state. I really wanted to go to the 4-2A meet in Eureka Springs today(that had to have been my favorite track in my day) when Green Forest or Berryville used to host the old 1-3A meets in Eureka before there was 7 classifications back 12-15 years ago. Hope everyone stays injury free and puts together some good times through out all the classifications.

beach bum:
Maybe we can use this thread for anyone to highlight stellar performances through out the district meets?

Rida4Life:
I just received word that the 7AA East District meet has been moved up to a 10:30 start time Wednesday in Monticello in an effort to beat the weather.

beach bum:

--- Quote from: Rida4Life on April 23, 2018, 01:27:51 pm ---I just received word that the 7AA East District meet has been moved up to a 10:30 start time Wednesday in Monticello in an effort to beat the weather.

--- End quote ---

That sounds like a good plan. I also like the fact quite a bit of conferences are doing their district meets on Wednesday. That is because Wednesday is a day where you will be able to field a maximum number of athletes in case they play soccer or baseball on the boys side and any gals out there that might play softball or soccer. It's a win, win in my book cause soccer and baseball/softball is not being played on Wednesdays. I hate seeing some athletes not be able to make it to meets when other sports are clustering up their spring sports schedule.

beach bum:
Rattler I saw where you all at Magazine had some pretty good showings.... That 9th grader in the sprints is going to be a monster if he keeps it up and progresses with age.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version