Other Arkansas High School Sports > Other Arkansas High School Sports

2018 state weightlifting championship

(1/3) > >>

SR30:
Who are some favorites to look for on the 21st? What are some totals to beat in each weight category? Any sleepers out there? I can name one. Anyone else?

nastynice:
Booneville might possibly be stronger than they were in 2017.  Depends on how the little guys do. They'll challenge again for the overall championship Saturday.

SR30:
Wish our school was sending a full team. Just one going to compete as a individual.

beach bum:
I have never understood why more schools do not take this meet seriously as a whole team as well as track too. Weightlifting and track are perfect for offseason football. Much of football is strength and speed taking over. Those two sports in the offseason keep kids in tune in offseason to set goals for their speed and strength development. I know a lot of schools don't give a flip about the weightlifting meet or track. That's just sad...

nastynice:

--- Quote from: beach bum on April 18, 2018, 02:40:31 pm ---I have never understood why more schools do not take this meet seriously as a whole team as well as track too. Weightlifting and track are perfect for offseason football. Much of football is strength and speed taking over. Those two sports in the offseason keep kids in tune in offseason to set goals for their speed and strength development. I know a lot of schools don't give a flip about the weightlifting meet or track. That's just sad...

--- End quote ---

Watch this years results and past results and there is a big correlation between the teams that perform on the football field and those that perform at the meet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version