Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Saturday, December 15th, 2018.
With a 3-0 weekend, kk2 comes from behind to win the Pick'em championship. kk2 292 ISU7 291 Coach Jones 291 RamblinWest 290 hill
Fearless Friday
Championship Capsules Posted

Author Topic: GF Wside  (Read 13124 times)

Offline SportsFan5

• Water Boy
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
Re: GF Wside
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2018, 12:12:53 am »
Did rural special girls and Timbo boys get somebody they didnít have last year?
Timbo boys increased one or two.

Offline Backboard Shattered

• Starter
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2018, 12:47:56 pm »
It doesnít matter who looks good.  Who is gonna win this conference boys and girls?  Eeeeeoooooowwwww I here in the disdance!  You herd it hear first

Online SackAttack

• Starter
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2018, 11:35:43 pm »
It doesnít matter who looks good.  Who is gonna win this conference boys and girls?  Eeeeeoooooowwwww I here in the disdance!  You herd it hear first
Was wondering as were many others how the young Eaglets were performing in the very important team camps that have so much so much so much bearing on how teams finish in February and March! Heard the young Eagles got absolutely pommelhoused, shelllacked, and totally outclassed at team camp this week!  Look for them to finish the season early just because!! Any confirmations or truth clearups!!

Offline Backboard Shattered

• Starter
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2018, 07:45:20 am »
Was wondering as were many others how the young Eaglets were performing in the very important team camps that have so much so much so much bearing on how teams finish in February and March! Heard the young Eagles got absolutely pommelhoused, shelllacked, and totally outclassed at team camp this week!  Look for them to finish the season early just because!! Any confirmations or truth clearups!!
all roomwhores!  Coach B Brown played the 5th string and we lost by 7

Offline arstatechamp13

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2018, 11:49:48 am »
Iíve got a feeling this year is going to be hilarious and crazy. And itís obvious the inside jokes are going to abound. Iím ready to see what happens

Offline Eagle_Mom_2

• Bench Warmer
  • Satirical musings from my nest to yours.
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2018, 10:06:52 pm »
Chants rising...Give the people what they want! Give the people what they need!!

Ok, ok, I hear you. And I'm back like a spine in anatomy class.
I'll be the first to admit, when I realized what the new scream-to-talk ratio was about to be in our practices following the hiring of our new coaches, I was a little skeptical.
Add to that that our new boys coach is straight off the TV show, My Strange Addiction, "I'm a towel chewer" episode...and well, you surely see my concern.
But, as I am always willing to admit on the rare occasions it happens, I was wrong. Both coaches have got our teams in tiptop shape, already in near midseason form, conditioning-wise.
And something else I've come to realize about our boys coach. When he does things like scream to the point he can't speak the next day at anything louder than a hoarse whisper, when he falls to his knees on the sideline with arms spread as if it is the day of Pentecost, when he fist pumps opponents, finger stuffs an official's face, and berates officials until no one wonders why we have a shortage of willing referees, it really boils down to a few things: He is more competitive than any coach around. He wants it more than any coach around. And if you can't see that then you've got blinders on. Period
Eagles flyyyyyyy!!!

Online SackAttack

• Starter
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2018, 10:25:07 pm »
Chants rising...Give the people what they want! Give the people what they need!!

Ok, ok, I hear you. And I'm back like a spine in anatomy class.
I'll be the first to admit, when I realized what the new scream-to-talk ratio was about to be in our practices following the hiring of our new coaches, I was a little skeptical.
Add to that that our new boys coach is straight off the TV show, My Strange Addiction, "I'm a towel chewer" episode...and well, you surely see my concern.
But, as I am always willing to admit on the rare occasions it happens, I was wrong. Both coaches have got our teams in tiptop shape, already in near midseason form, conditioning-wise.
And something else I've come to realize about our boys coach. When he does things like scream to the point he can't speak the next day at anything louder than a hoarse whisper, when he falls to his knees on the sideline with arms spread as if it is the day of Pentecost, when he fist pumps opponents, finger stuffs an official's face, and berates officials until no one wonders why we have a shortage of willing referees, it really boils down to a few things: He is more competitive than any coach around. He wants it more than any coach around. And if you can't see that then you've got blinders on. Period
Eagles flyyyyyyy!!!
So Eagle MamaJama if you know what I mean!! Benny The Boys Coach is more competitive because he screams like a wailing banshee and hollers little obvious things that makes the well informed scratch their beards and hairy backs?? I donít think so because he hasnít been to the Sonic to eat one single time! Thatís plain sacreligious in these parts I say!! Profits are down since the hiring! You could count on Davis and Richey being ambassadors for us down here! He might be missing Shirley and the friendly confines that ainít so friendly at Brady Hipp except for Crommett!! With Pricipal Flintlock helping him itís a lock!! Benny heard mumbling excuses already but all that hollering in June and July donít matter! He donít care more itís just a pretty good show!! Do whatís right support and promote area Sonics nationwide!

Offline Fleaflicker

• Water Boy
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2018, 07:18:38 pm »
2-9th graders moving up to Sr boys team so Jr team will be a little green. Brown building a team for 1-3 years down the road plus game 1 being at the ICC Classic should be quite eye opening for the very young and raw team lol

Offline Oxford Cat

• Water Boy
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2018, 01:06:21 pm »
I heard Westside vs Izard County in prime time that Friday night!

Online SackAttack

• Starter
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2018, 02:20:10 pm »
Got off work early yesterday from my late shift and told myself Sack letís slide up to the gym and check out our senior boys and invite the team over to the Sonic for after practice nourishment and High Seed reenergizing and Sack said okay! Had to walk  so Iís a little late! I get the door almost all the way open so I could get in and lord the hollerin and wailin and screaming coming off the court! I expected the players to be in their skivvies the way they was being undressed! Didnít hear much actual coaching just hollerin! Something about taking charge or taking a charge couldnít tell which! Shoot it when your openó NO not you thereís a reason we ainít guarding you!! Dive for that loose ball ó donít hit his knee ó I guess it was one of the board members boys!! I left!! Didnít get to see much just heard a lot of passion now if the coachin could catch up! I left and went to Jerryís Place to see whatís up! Sure ainít much at GFWS Sonic! I still think itíll be a good year for our young guns! Wear earplugs if you go!!

Offline BlueDevilFan

• Water Boy
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2018, 12:18:33 pm »
Geesh when we had Coach B all I heard from WS was mealy mouthing now they are talking like he's the second coming oh how the tides change.

TBH you got two awesome coaches and they are sorely missed in Devil country that I can tell you.

Online ballmember

• 2nd String
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2018, 02:47:00 pm »
Bluedevil fan, how is the new coach doing at Shirley?  Did many kids leave after the 2 coaches at westside left shirley?  all I heard was new guy was working them hard, is that so? Does he coach girls also?

Offline Fleaflicker

• Water Boy
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2018, 02:17:21 am »
Donít believe any kids have left Shirley basketball that I know of(possibly 1 but I wonít drop a name since Iím not confident that he left). Stump is the jr boys sr boys and sr girls coach. Pretty solid guy and pretty strict but thatís a good thing from what I hear from a few players that I have talked to they like everything so far. Ready for season, I think Shirley got a good one

Online Brucewayne

• Water Boy
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2018, 07:13:38 am »
Sounds like both coaches are in their ďhoneymoonĒ phase. 

Online SackAttack

• Starter
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2018, 09:22:15 pm »
Sounds like both coaches are in their ďhoneymoonĒ phase.
I donít think so cause I know for a fact that Brown The Boys Coach has been married for many many years canít vouch for the Stumpstill guy

Online SackAttack

• Starter
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2018, 11:21:53 am »
Sack knows what he knows if ya know Sack Sack is gonna  lay down some hard factual truth!! We arenít just known for our championship b-ball teams around here! I came by the 4C tennis courts the other night after my shift and Lord every court is lit up with teenage boys playing singles doubles triples why I thought I was at Wendyís for a minute! I said to myself Sack I like that! Not Wendyís the tennis! Those kids are serious about all sports in these parts! Championship High Seed well rounded every sport is equal here as it should be!! Play em all kids enjoy your high school years all 10 of em if your like ErnestT and Backboard! I know thereís a thread somewhere for this but itís kinda like bigman3ís posts nobody reads em anyways! Hoping everybody has a Sacktacular day! Oh and whoever is the tennis coach bring em down weíll feed em! Who is it if anybody knows??

Offline BannerChaser95

• Starter
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2018, 05:04:03 pm »
October 16th Kirby @ WS Greerís ferry SRíS only

Online SackAttack

• Starter
« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2018, 06:21:52 pm »
October 16th Kirby @ WS Greerís ferry SRíS only
Now thatís what Sack has been talking about when Sack talks which we all know is a lot! This confirms that Brown The Boys Coach knows our boys are going to be contenders for the championship just like we are in all sports tennis golf cross country etc etc! Heís got a well rounded group whose best sports might not even be hoops who knows but Sack usually does! Iíll have to get my shift covered and Iíll be sitting with Coach Charles Brady The Boss!! This is Bosstastic news!! Iím so glad the AD got this deal done!! Come on Moonpie and getcha sum son

Online SackAttack

• Starter
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2018, 09:07:39 am »
How are things looking up at the gym! Kinda bleak here at the local once booming Sonic Americaís drive in! We ainít dubbabees and thatís the truuuuuth!! But we are thinking about adding a gas pump!! Brown The Boys Coach replaces Davis and profits plummet like a fat kid on a see saw playing solo! Davis is now calling all the athletic shots and succeeding in all our other major sports!! He will do very well in his new role! We need his help here! Canít go back up there to check progress wanna have an idea before season starts! Come on down and let me cook ya some delish grub that Brown donít want!! We got plenty of Big Sacks and then top it off with a big old super duper large Brownie packed fudge delight 2 on 1 fast break! That boy that cuts pulpwood over here came by the other day bought dinner for everybody and then ordered the Brownie 2 on 1 and bragged on us and he donít talk much! His boy is good girl too! They both need about 30 points a game! Heíll be mad if they donít! Can we get a dang diesel pump down here too! Season starting soon! Skip Dubbabees and come on down here yall

Offline PeedeecreekBoy99

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2018, 10:05:02 am »
How are things looking up at the gym! Kinda bleak here at the local once booming Sonic Americaís drive in! We ainít dubbabees and thatís the truuuuuth!! But we are thinking about adding a gas pump!! Brown The Boys Coach replaces Davis and profits plummet like a fat kid on a see saw playing solo! Davis is now calling all the athletic shots and succeeding in all our other major sports!! He will do very well in his new role! We need his help here! Canít go back up there to check progress wanna have an idea before season starts! Come on down and let me cook ya some delish grub that Brown donít want!! We got plenty of Big Sacks and then top it off with a big old super duper large Brownie packed fudge delight 2 on 1 fast break! That boy that cuts pulpwood over here came by the other day bought dinner for everybody and then ordered the Brownie 2 on 1 and bragged on us and he donít talk much! His boy is good girl too! They both need about 30 points a game! Heíll be mad if they donít! Can we get a dang diesel pump down here too! Season starting soon! Skip Dubbabees and come on down here yall
sack I wish you would shut up wit that nonsense of yours

Online SackAttack

• Starter
« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2018, 11:25:08 am »
sack I wish you would shut up wit that nonsense of yours
All of it is the truuuuth though! My main point was how are the teams gonna be this year! Gotta learn to read and decipher!! Iím just a much higher level of ciphering and prognostification!!

Online Bigleague

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2018, 05:23:49 pm »
Quit throwing gasoline on the fire pee pee creek

Online SackAttack

• Starter
« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2018, 11:10:29 am »
I just know we have to find a way to get business back up again! I never ever for one minute gave much thought to what Davis and Richey did for us here at the restaurant! Profits and wins go hand in hand! Our new coaches better win and win big and often!! Gonna try new menu items in our time of desperation

Offline BannerMountainMan

• Starter
  • USA
« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2018, 08:36:21 pm »
The real question is who would win this WS team in 3 years or BSís 83 team

Online SackAttack

• Starter
« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2018, 09:04:48 pm »
The real question is who would win this WS team in 3 years or BSís 83 team
Boss versus Brown The #4 combo choice is a total mismatch

Offline thebigman3

• 2nd String
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2018, 08:57:33 am »
Did rural special girls and Timbo boys get somebody they didnít have last year?
Timbo got a kid from Marshall, but he moved right back after the first week.

Online SackAttack

• Starter
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2018, 12:17:01 pm »
Who Guy get Hutch sold the rent houses

Offline BannerMountainMan

• Starter
  • USA
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2018, 10:15:10 am »
Happened after Timbo lost to Shirley in a camp 😂

Offline thebigman3

• 2nd String
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2018, 11:21:29 am »
Who Guy get Hutch sold the rent houses
2 Kids from greenbrier, and 1 from Conway.

Offline thebigman3

• 2nd String
« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2018, 11:22:23 am »
Happened after Timbo lost to Shirley in a camp 😂
Said he wanted to go back, couldn't tell you the exact reason.

Offline BlueDevilFan

• Water Boy
« Reply #80 on: October 10, 2018, 10:42:07 am »
Bluedevil fan, how is the new coach doing at Shirley?  Did many kids leave after the 2 coaches at westside left shirley?  all I heard was new guy was working them hard, is that so? Does he coach girls also?

None left that I'm aware of, as to how are they looking? I haven't seen them practice or play yet, word is the coach is practicing them hard, but word on the street is that so is Brown and Company at WS. 

I don't know the future of either team, other than I'm sure games will be played and there will be winners and losers only time will tell who will come out on top.

Online SackAttack

• Starter
« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2018, 12:01:27 pm »
None left that I'm aware of, as to how are they looking? I haven't seen them practice or play yet, word is the coach is practicing them hard, but word on the street is that so is Brown and Company at WS. 

I don't know the future of either team, other than I'm sure games will be played and there will be winners and losers only time will tell who will come out on top.
Are there any coaches out there that donít work their teams hard and want to win??? They gonna re- invent the wheel one day in Shirley and Westside!! They work harder here and there

Online Bigleague

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #82 on: October 10, 2018, 12:06:34 pm »

I don't know the future of either team, other than I'm sure games will be played and there will be winners and losers only time will tell who will come out on top

Brown and company.   Lol.   Who is the company?

Online SackAttack

• Starter
« Reply #83 on: October 10, 2018, 08:21:24 pm »

I don't know the future of either team, other than I'm sure games will be played and there will be winners and losers only time will tell who will come out on top

Brown and company.   Lol.   Who is the company?
When did Brown start a company? How in the world does he have time to run a company and coach basketball at a much higher level that what is Westsiders are used to! Are they taking applications because if business donít pick up here Iím gonna take all my expertise and employ somewhere else! Who is the CEO and right hand man??

Online SackAttack

• Starter
« Reply #84 on: October 11, 2018, 08:43:49 pm »
Green White games!! Westside swept all the games as expected! Boss was there wasnít terribly impressed said too much hollerin need more coaching! Talked to that Gentry boy that hauls pulpwood said he expected hardware! Not a real friendly fella till I invited him down to the Sonic! Said heíd never heard of the High Seed Sack In The Box! Told him Iíd buy if heíd come! He just grunted I said hey Iím one of yíall! He warmed up a little when I told him my Uncle Lefty drove a pulpwood truck! Ask him about Browns Company said heíd better get busy doing some coaching! I bought a coke and popcorn and ate it all! Saw him staring me down! I waved he didnít wave back well he kinda did if you know what I mean! Musta been something I said!! Eagles Fly eeeeeoooowwww

Offline thebigman3

• 2nd String
« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2018, 10:27:37 am »
Green White games!! Westside swept all the games as expected! Boss was there wasnít terribly impressed said too much hollerin need more coaching! Talked to that Gentry boy that hauls pulpwood said he expected hardware! Not a real friendly fella till I invited him down to the Sonic! Said heíd never heard of the High Seed Sack In The Box! Told him Iíd buy if heíd come! He just grunted I said hey Iím one of yíall! He warmed up a little when I told him my Uncle Lefty drove a pulpwood truck! Ask him about Browns Company said heíd better get busy doing some coaching! I bought a coke and popcorn and ate it all! Saw him staring me down! I waved he didnít wave back well he kinda did if you know what I mean! Musta been something I said!! Eagles Fly eeeeeoooowwww
Come to the blue-gold games tonight and bring me some sonic please.

Online SackAttack

• Starter
« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2018, 12:16:36 pm »
Come to the blue-gold games tonight and bring me some sonic please.
Is Terling from Cenna Rich gonna be der wif da Troof or be making more famous commercials!

Offline thebigman3

• 2nd String
« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2018, 02:01:45 pm »
Is Terling from Cenna Rich gonna be der wif da Troof or be making more famous commercials!
He'll be here! He neva misses a game.

Online SackAttack

• Starter
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2018, 08:58:40 pm »
Canít wait to watch those young Eaglets tomorrow night at B-Rockwell! Lead Hill any count at all! Westside gonna bid state tournament is early news! I know what I know if you know what I mean

Offline scrapdig

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #89 on: December 03, 2018, 02:05:44 pm »
Any of the 9th graders start?  play much?

Online riccoar

• 2nd String
« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2018, 06:59:36 am »
Any of the 9th graders start?  play much?
3 start and play nearly the whole game.

Offline scrapdig

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2018, 08:37:33 am »
3 start and play nearly the whole game.
Dang.  Bolds well for the future

Offline Catfish

• 2nd String
« Reply #92 on: December 05, 2018, 10:17:40 am »
Concord rolled up west side last night but whatís new? That never gets old.

Online riccoar

• 2nd String
« Reply #93 on: December 05, 2018, 10:29:49 am »
Concord rolled up west side last night but whatís new? That never gets old.
Best Home cookin in the league for sure.

Offline Catfish

• 2nd String
« Reply #94 on: December 05, 2018, 10:57:32 am »
Best Home cookin in the league for sure.

Excuses excuses lol losers always have something like this to say

Online riccoar

• 2nd String
« Reply #95 on: December 05, 2018, 01:36:42 pm »
Excuses excuses lol losers always have something like this to say
Hey, thats Concord's rap.  Not just my opine.  I seen many others comment on facing 8 when you play there.

Offline pick_DA_EAGLES

• Fearless Friday Elite
  • Hall of Famer
  • i feel more like i do now than i did awhile ago!
« Reply #96 on: December 05, 2018, 03:56:00 pm »
I think des arc plays wsgf tonight at midland

Offline Catfish

• 2nd String
« Reply #97 on: December 05, 2018, 05:12:55 pm »
Hey, thats Concord's rap.  Not just my opine.  I seen many others comment on facing 8 when you play there.

How many times has concord beat WS at home? Honestly canít remember the last time they lost to them there. Was it this decade? Itís like a broken record. Over and over and over. Has nothing to do with playing at concord.

Offline BasketballNeverStops

• 2nd String
« Reply #98 on: December 05, 2018, 06:52:28 pm »
Halftime
Midland Tournament Semifinals
Sr. Girls
West Side-26
Concord-16

Concord boys beat Pangburn 65-54 earlier to advance to finals.

Offline arstatechamp13

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #99 on: December 05, 2018, 07:52:02 pm »
IMO if you think refs in this area are good enough to call one sided, youíre giving them way too much credit. Itís hard enough to call a game fair. Imagine trying to be consciously aware of which team you were trying to give an advantage to. Just saying

Baptist Health Orthopedic Center