• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Long Gone!!

Started by Jack1990, November 15, 2017, 09:31:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack1990

See ya Jeff.  Reports that Jeff Long is OUT as AD at Arkansas.

Romeo

Jeff Long is a good guy. I really can't celebrate this news.

bleudog

VHSCoach2

And now the writing is on the wall for Bielema...

Trojanbird

cuckoobird

He may be a good guy but he has made some terrible decisions

beach bum

Quote from: cuckoobird on November 15, 2017, 11:54:10 am
He may be a good guy but he has made some terrible decisions

Bingo.... He has made enough money here to set he and his family up for life. No one needs to feel sorry for him and he'll even get another job too. He is the one that negotiated that buyout after a whopping TWO CONFERENCE WINS IN TWO YEARS.... Buh bye.

OLDSCHOOL82

^ And I believe long is paid thru 2022? 

beach bum

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 15, 2017, 03:02:59 pm

Wow, I knew it was after the fact but that is an incredibly long amount of time.

gameoflife

When does the next shoe drop?

bdubyab60

Quote from: beach bum on November 15, 2017, 03:58:50 pm
Wow, I knew it was after the fact but that is an incredibly long amount of time.
Well there are conflicting reports as far as if the was firing for convenience, which would mean we owe him his yearly salary $4.5 mil. However I e sen that he actually resigned and we owe him what is left which is in the $1 mil range

bleudog

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 15, 2017, 04:33:17 pm
Well there are conflicting reports as far as if the was firing for convenience, which would mean we owe him his yearly salary $4.5 mil. However I e sen that he actually resigned and we owe him what is left which is in the $1 mil range

https://www.scribd.com/document/364547921/Jeff-Long-written-notice-of-termination

sportsguy80

What's the next move? We gotta get him replaced but how fast?

bleudog

bdubyab60

Quote from: sportsguy80 on November 15, 2017, 07:19:15 pm
What's the next move? We gotta get him replaced but how fast?
I don't know who. But I'm sure they didn't do this without a few candidates in mind. However that is something we haven't had much luck with is getting our first guy that we want.

Jack1990

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 15, 2017, 03:02:59 pm
Yep... $83,333.33 a month until June 30, 2022, but no state funds will be used. Guessing the Foundation will be paying him. I wouldn't have minded getting fired for that.

Jacketman65

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 15, 2017, 09:04:17 pm
I don't know who. But I'm sure they didn't do this without a few candidates in mind. However that is something we haven't had much luck with is getting our first guy that we want.
Good point! For having one of the top business schools around, it sure seems that they sure make a lot of poor (business) decisions up on the hill.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Jack1990 on November 15, 2017, 10:02:00 pm
Yep... $83,333.33 a month until June 30, 2022, but no state funds will be used. Guessing the Foundation will be paying him. I wouldn't have minded getting fired for that.
Hopefully he finds another job and quits costing us money

Redwolves8526

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 16, 2017, 06:07:02 am

Pretty sure he'll get paid by U of A anyway.

PrivateLesson

I just hope they fill the position quickly and with a great hire considering new recruits signing soon.  Need to prove the program is under control.   Joe Kleine had a wonderful post on twitter on how to bring back tradition to Razorback football. 

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 16, 2017, 06:07:02 am

He's costing millions in lost revenue if he stays.  That's how businesses work and yes college football is a business.  Probably money ahead to cut our losses at this point. 

bdubyab60

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 16, 2017, 08:45:40 am
He's costing millions in lost revenue if he stays.  That's how businesses work and yes college football is a business.  Probably money ahead to cut our losses at this point.
Oh I know how it works. Sometimes it's best to cut your losses and that's where we are at.

bdubyab60

And the product on the field so say is the money earner and it seems he was fine with it not being up to par.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on November 16, 2017, 08:18:09 am
Pretty sure he'll get paid by U of A anyway.

No public funds are being used. Obviously coming from a donor or foundation.
If he gets a job. The 83k a month total will go down.

AT

I've grown to like Jeff more as the years have gone along. I was wanting him gone in his beginning years when he basically didn't listen to Coach McDonnell on who to hire as the next track and field coach and then let Coach Poole walk away and not giving the guy who built our volleyball program from the ground up a bump in his pay.

gameoflife

Greed is a terrific motivator.  Who doesn't want to get fired for a $83,000 a month severance pay?

gameoflife

The money paid out in college athletics is insane.  Tickets are too high, salaries are too high, buyouts are too high.  How do I get one of those jobs?

wildcat_x-mgr

Quote from: gameoflife on November 16, 2017, 09:30:44 pm
How do I get one of those jobs?

If you find out, let me know. I wouldn't mind being the most hated man in the state for a few months, if it means I get five or six digits monthly once it's over!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: wildcat_x-mgr on November 17, 2017, 02:58:45 pm
If you find out, let me know. I wouldn't mind being the most hated man in the state for a few months, if it means I get five or six digits monthly once it's over!

He's making more a year than most of the state....to not work...

Cabotfan

So now that Kansas has hired him do we still have to pay him?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas