Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Sunday, January 22nd, 2017.
Welcome to FearlessFriday
Happy Holidays from Fearless Friday.
Merry Christmas from FearlessFriday
Arkansas only one stop for High School Sports!
Keep those basketball scores updated.
FearlessFriday.com will be bringing you all six AR State Title games on your local CW Channel.

Author Topic: Ben Harvey of Jonesboro most slept on player in the state?  (Read 465 times)

Offline BirdCall

• Water Boy
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
Ben Harvey of Jonesboro most slept on player in the state?
« on: January 10, 2017, 06:22:21 pm »
I have heard Ben Harvey of Jonesboro is really good and deserves some D1 offers but doesn't have a single one. What is the deal does he not play for a sponsored AAU team in the summer or what? Heard he is good like Austin Reaves of Cedar Ridge not sure if that's true or not.

Online ricepig

• Legend
Re: Ben Harvey of Jonesboro most slept on player in the state?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 06:56:04 pm »
I have heard Ben Harvey of Jonesboro is really good and deserves some D1 offers but doesn't have a single one. What is the deal does he not play for a sponsored AAU team in the summer or what? Heard he is good like Austin Reaves of Cedar Ridge not sure if that's true or not.

Good player, but I wouldn't say "like Reaves" at all. He reportedly had an offer from ASU from Brady, but I doubt it's still there, but I don't know. He played for Team AAO this summer and I think has played for one of the Wings teams previously. He may be a little bit of a tweener at 6'4"-6'5", but has a good shot and attacks the basket well.

Offline BirdCall

• Water Boy
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 09:05:09 pm »
So he is playing with possibly 4-5 other college basketball players on his team and I have seen where he scored 29 points against Vashon #6 ranked school in Missouri with a team full potential college basketball players that's impressive. I'm pretty sure if he played in a 3A like Reaves he could average 30-35 points a game easily standing at 6'4-6'5 with the athleticism and shot he has from videos I have seen just saying

Online ricepig

• Legend
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 09:10:27 pm »
I couldn't comment on that, did Reaves average 35?

Offline BirdCall

• Water Boy
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 09:48:31 pm »
Yes Reaves averaged 32 points

Online Dragon77

• Water Boy
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 11:10:54 pm »
If MA reads this thread, he can comment on Ben Harvey's recruiting. I heard two scouts at a JHS game, a few weeks before the Poplar Bluff tournament, saying he was a D1 player, low to mid-level.         

Online MDXPHD

• All Star
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 07:05:21 am »
If MA reads this thread, he can comment on Ben Harvey's recruiting. I heard two scouts at a JHS game, a few weeks before the Poplar Bluff tournament, saying he was a D1 player, low to mid-level.        

So, Arkansas?

Offline The Green Arrow

• Water Boy
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 08:45:36 am »
Not as good as Reaves. Harvey is no doubt a good player, but not like Reaves. I believe he will play at a smaller D1 school.

Offline jrhall2

• Water Boy
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2017, 11:08:22 am »
So, Arkansas?

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Offline BirdCall

• Water Boy
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2017, 03:22:43 pm »
Not as good as Reaves. Harvey is no doubt a good player, but not like Reaves. I believe he will play at a smaller D1 school.
What is your reason for saying he isn't as good as Reaves....He plays in the 6A where there is a swamp full of good basketball players that start and who come off the bench  on each high school team that you have to play your A game every night if you want to win not including the non conference games they play against top schools. Not downing the 3A but on every 3A team there might be 2-3 ok to good kids on a team and the rest are just out there cause you need 5 on court to be able to play.

Online ricepig

• Legend
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2017, 03:29:56 pm »
What is your reason for saying he isn't as good as Reaves....He plays in the 6A where there is a swamp full of good basketball players that start and who come off the bench  on each high school team that you have to play your A game every night if you want to win not including the non conference games they play against top schools. Not downing the 3A but on every 3A team there might be 2-3 ok to good kids on a team and the rest are just out there cause you need 5 on court to be able to play.

Well, some 6A teams are good, and some couldn't beat a good 2A/3A team, lol. Jonesboro is playing in a mixed conference of 6A and 5A teams, in fact, because there are 10 teams in the conference, it's hampered their OOC schedule. Jonesboro plays Tulsa Central in the MLK Challenge on Saturday.

Ben's a good player, it isn't like he hasn't been scouted/seen, hopefully he gets some offers he wants.

Offline The Green Arrow

• Water Boy
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2017, 09:33:03 am »

It's just my opinion honestly. Reaves has gotten off to a good start at a consistently good D1 basketball program. I haven't seen too many people that can score the ball like Reaves can. He did play in the 3A and I understand that that was a weak classification, but he did what he was supposed to do while playing in 3A. Averaging 30 some odd points is incredible no matter the classifcation. He always showed up in big games including 73 against the 5A champ Forrest City. Averaged 43 in the state tournament and 48 ppg in the NEA tournament which was one of the most impressive four games from any HS player I have ever seen. Could Harvey have done this had he played on that team instead? I don't know the answer to that. Harvey is indeed a very good basketball player and I am definitely on the side that says he is underrated. But I also believe Reaves is probably the most underrated player to come out of Arkansas in the recent years. Just my opinion.

Offline Redwolves8526

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2017, 10:34:26 am »

He isn't as good as Reaves for a few reasons:

He doesn't handle the ball nearly as well. Reaves hardly turned the ball over and was very good at creating his own shot and breaking down defenders off the dribble with no screen.

Reaves was quicker. Probably didn't seem like it, but Austin covered so much ground in very little time. Harvey can get to the rim, yes. But Austin could get there so quick from the top of the key with the ball in his hand. Unlike anyone I saw in the state last year besides Monk.

Reaves had a much better post game. He was a dog down on the block and a very underrated rebounder. He was able to play with his back at the basket and had a lot of moves to get to the rim, and he was great at finishing. You don't see Harvey do that often.

I still like Harvey as a basketball player. Just don't think he's in the same league as Reaves when it comes to versatility.

Offline Marblehog

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2017, 01:13:42 pm »
Can someone please tell me why Anderson recruited Hazen over Reaves?  Or Bailey over him or Cook over him?  Geesh

Online ricepig

• Legend
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2017, 01:36:07 pm »
Can someone please tell me why Anderson recruited Hazen over Reaves?  Or Bailey over him or Cook over him?  Geesh

I pretty sure under the forum's tab there's a "Search function", it would probably give you pages of responses, haha.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas
Hot n' Ready Player of the Game
Fearless Friday FANatic