Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Monday, May 1st, 2017.
FearlessFriday
Welcome to Fearless Friday
Welcome to FearlessFriday
Fearless Friday.
FearlessFriday
Arkansas only one stop for High School Sports!

Author Topic: RPS The Short List 2016  (Read 1395 times)

Offline hardcorry

• Band Nerd
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
RPS The Short List 2016
« on: October 26, 2016, 10:38:10 am »
I know how you all LOVE The Short List. See who has a chance at a Championship, and who has no shot.

http://droptheglovesproductions.com/the-short-list-2016/

Offline WPWells

• Formerly 12th Man
  • Hall of Famer
  • Be strong in The Lord and never give up hope
Re: RPS The Short List 2016
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 11:21:06 am »
Well there I am....

Offline ricepig

• Legend
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 11:50:43 am »
There's not going to be a 3-way tie in the 6A East, so you can throw that out the window.

Offline beach bum

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 12:22:20 pm »
There's not going to be a 3-way tie in the 6A East, so you can throw that out the window.

Still want hope that Jonesboro really has a shot?

Offline AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
  • 4 time State Champions
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 01:54:29 pm »
That was an awesome 4a write up.

Offline ricepig

• Legend
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 02:39:22 pm »
Still want hope that Jonesboro really has a shot?

Well, if WM wins, they are the #1 seed in all likelihood, if PB wins, then Jonesboro has the best shot to be the #1 seed, or PB wins and Jonesboro loses to Marion making PB the #1 seed. I think, lol.

Offline Almatrackster

• Head Coach
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 03:00:58 pm »
If the thought is, which I believe it to be, that we are looking for the best team to give Greenwood a good shot, I would say Jonesboro this year personally.

I know everyone gives them a hard time for their defense allowing quite a bit. They have a very good offense and their defense looked a bit better last week.

It's not a good idea to get in a shootout with Greenwood, but PA did it before and got very close to beating them.

Offline PA Dad

• All Star
  • Credit to the man in the arena
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 03:28:50 pm »
If the thought is, which I believe it to be, that we are looking for the best team to give Greenwood a good shot, I would say Jonesboro this year personally.

I know everyone gives them a hard time for their defense allowing quite a bit. They have a very good offense and their defense looked a bit better last week.

It's not a good idea to get in a shootout with Greenwood, but PA did it before and got very close to beating them.

Correction.  PA did beat GW twice.  GW won twice.  The series is tied.

Offline Almatrackster

• Head Coach
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2016, 03:33:37 pm »
Sorry, should have specified that I was talking about a specific game. The title game that was an actual shootout.

I was thinking that a Jonesboro-Greenwood title game may be similar.

Offline ricepig

• Legend
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2016, 04:03:21 pm »

You have more confidence in our defense than I do, lol. It will be interesting to see what they do with our starting QB coming back this week from a broken collarbone in week 2. I heard he wanted to play last week, but was held out. I figure they give him some work this week or next to knock the rust off in case they need him. I think the backup has done something like 28 TD's/5 Ints, but he didn't win the job over the summer/pre-season.

Offline T-Bone

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2016, 05:07:19 pm »
You have more confidence in our defense than I do, lol. It will be interesting to see what they do with our starting QB coming back this week from a broken collarbone in week 2. I heard he wanted to play last week, but was held out. I figure they give him some work this week or next to knock the rust off in case they need him. I think the backup has done something like 28 TD's/5 Ints, but he didn't win the job over the summer/pre-season.

Both are great quarterbacks for the Canes.  Both can do the job.  One thing that comes to mind that most people say is if it isn't broken don't try to fix it.  Canes offense is not broken at this time.  Would make no sense to pull someone doing so well.  But again both quarterbacks are good for this team.  I see a time share at best.  Be good to throw different looks at teams.  Problem is how much time does one need to get in sink on the field?  Cane's defense was not challenged last week.  Searcy had nothing to give on either side of the ball.  They may be lights out but they were no where near what the start of the year was showing.  Doubt the Cane's D will be challenged this week.  But Marion could be something for the real test if they are ready.

Offline ricepig

• Legend
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2016, 05:16:04 pm »
Both are great quarterbacks for the Canes.  Both can do the job.  One thing that comes to mind that most people say is if it isn't broken don't try to fix it.  Canes offense is not broken at this time.  Would make no sense to pull someone doing so well.  But again both quarterbacks are good for this team.  I see a time share at best.  Be good to throw different looks at teams.  Problem is how much time does one need to get in sink on the field?  Cane's defense was not challenged last week.  Searcy had nothing to give on either side of the ball.  They may be lights out but they were no where near what the start of the year was showing.  Doubt the Cane's D will be challenged this week.  But Marion could be something for the real test if they are ready.

And the other old saying is, you don't lose your starting position due to an injury. I think if AJ is cleared to play, I'd insert him in the Hall game some to see if he's ready to play, and to put the deep ball back in the offense.

Offline B.G.

• Fearless Friday Administrator
  • Legend
  • I speak for me, myself and I.
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2016, 06:01:09 pm »
Always a great read.

Offline T-Bone

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2016, 06:07:42 pm »
And the other old saying is, you don't lose your starting position due to an injury. I think if AJ is cleared to play, I'd insert him in the Hall game some to see if he's ready to play, and to put the deep ball back in the offense.

I say both are good and both have something to give the team.  I would not like to be the call guy to decide who gets the ball.  We know the offense in not broken.  We know both QB's can play.  We have runners and receivers that can help both QB's.  I don't care how they do it as long as they get it done. 

Offline ricepig

• Legend
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2016, 06:11:47 pm »
I say both are good and both have something to give the team.  I would not like to be the call guy to decide who gets the ball.  We know the offense in not broken.  We know both QB's can play.  We have runners and receivers that can help both QB's.  I don't care how they do it as long as they get it done.

No dog in the hunt, lol, I just wish them the best, too.

Offline Razorback Red

• Starter
  • BHS Grad- class of 95
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2016, 06:35:41 pm »
Always a great read.

Agreed.  Funny how accurate this typically is.  I would be shocked if a state champ in any class is not currently on the contender list. 

Offline WPWells

• Formerly 12th Man
  • Hall of Famer
  • Be strong in The Lord and never give up hope
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2016, 06:58:31 pm »
The class I could most see would be the 5A, but with PA such a prohibitive favorite even that isn't likely

Offline protegewill

• Water Boy
  • Z-E-B-R-A-S Yeah!!
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2016, 10:17:36 am »
Good Read!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas
Hot n' Ready Player of the Game
Fearless Friday FANatic