• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jonesboro vs. Batesville @ ASU

Started by OB11, August 28, 2016, 02:47:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OB11

What are everyone's thoughts on this game? 

Both of these teams are perfect opening week opponents for the other team in my opinion.  Jonesboro couldn't ask for a better in state non conference opponent as far as travel and competition is concerned.  It's also being played in a great venue at Arkansas State.  Will the game being on Tuesday have any affect?

ricepig

Quote from: OB11 on August 28, 2016, 02:47:19 pm
What are everyone's thoughts on this game? 

Both of these teams are perfect opening week opponents for the other team in my opinion.  Jonesboro couldn't ask for a better in state non conference opponent as far as travel and competition is concerned.  It's also being played in a great venue at Arkansas State.  Will the game being on Tuesday have any affect?

The only effect playing on Tuesday is they'll get all the area fan's interest. It's definitely a step up from the previous opponents.

OB11

Quote from: ricepig on August 28, 2016, 02:50:53 pm
The only effect playing on Tuesday is they'll get all the area fan's interest. It's definitely a step up from the previous opponents.

Yes, I'm wondering how the turnout for Batesville will be since it's a midweek game.  If I had to guess I would say Batesville travels pretty well regardless of the day or time.  You could probably play this game at noon and they would still pack the stands. 

PA Dad

This game is good for both teams.  It gives a good indication of the strength of the teams, at least if it's not a blowout which I don't expect.  And both teams are predicted to be good.

I'll go out on a limb and predict that Batesville gets its first win in this series.

OB11

Quote from: PA Dad on August 28, 2016, 03:50:26 pm
This game is good for both teams.  It gives a good indication of the strength of the teams, at least if it's not a blowout which I don't expect.  And both teams are predicted to be good.

I'll go out on a limb and predict that Batesville gets its first win in this series.

I think this one could very well come down to the last snap to determine the winner.

MDXPHD

Quote from: OB11 on August 28, 2016, 03:00:54 pm
Yes, I'm wondering how the turnout for Batesville will be since it's a midweek game.  If I had to guess I would say Batesville travels pretty well regardless of the day or time.  You could probably play this game at noon and they would still pack the stands.

Batesville will bring plenty of fans. Of course, the stadium is slightly larger than a high school venue so it will look like a  pretty sparse crowd.

I think Batesville wins by a td.

OB11

Who are some of the players to watch for Batesville?

Redwolves8526

You guys really see Batesville winning this game? I don't see their D stopping Jonesboro's offense from putting up 30 plus

Pr8hd

My take would be... can Batesville score enough points to keep pace with Jonesboro?

I would favor Jonesboro in this one.

ricepig

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on August 29, 2016, 08:47:14 am
You guys really see Batesville winning this game? I don't see their D stopping Jonesboro's offense from putting up 30 plus

The question is, do you see Jonesboro's defense keeping Batesville from putting up 30 pts, I don't. It's a 35-34 type of game, or has been lately.

OB11

Unless Jonesboro's defense has solved some major issues from last year, every game they play will be a track meet.  I think Batesville has a legit shot to win this one.  IF, as mentioned previously, they can keep up offensively with Jonesboro.

Overdahill

IF my memory serves me well it seems that Batesville teams seem to improve significantly over the course of the season; therefore, I am thinking Jonesboro in the opener

MHFAN

Should be a great game.  Is kickoff at 7?  Planning on making trip to the bug.

ricepig

Quote from: MHFAN on August 29, 2016, 10:46:55 am
Should be a great game.  Is kickoff at 7?  Planning on making trip to the bug.

Yep, at 7.

OB11

Final

Jonesboro 65
Batesville 41

Looks like Jonesboro picks up right where they left off last year.  Lots of offense with the defense still a little lacking.  Although the defense did force 4 turnovers in the first half.  Good opening game for the Hurricane.

MHFAN

Game plan to beat Jonesboro.  Leave punter at home, score every time you get ball.  Go for 2 in first overtime!  Adams was impressive.  I know he verbally committed to A State yesterday, but is Arkansas not looking at this player?

Redwolves8526

Quote from: MHFAN on August 31, 2016, 08:34:13 am
Game plan to beat Jonesboro.  Leave punter at home, score every time you get ball.  Go for 2 in first overtime!  Adams was impressive.  I know he verbally committed to A State yesterday, but is Arkansas not looking at this player?

From what I had been told, he played AAU ball all summer and didn't go to many combines or team camps so I think most of the bigger schools held off on offering him right now, which opened the door for StAte to get a commitment. I know of a few SEC schools that were interested in evaluating him.

He's listed as only a two star athlete, which is a joke. Easily a high 3 star or 4 star in my opinion. Wouldn't be surprised if he picks up a few more offers as the season moves along.

MHFAN

I would say at least a 4 star.  Comparable to Zach Brooks, I think better!

OB11

I know Arkansas and Ole Miss were pretty high on him.  Would not be surprised if some high major schools go ahead and offer him as the season goes on. 

ricepig

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on August 31, 2016, 08:50:12 am
From what I had been told, he played AAU ball all summer and didn't go to many combines or team camps so I think most of the bigger schools held off on offering him right now, which opened the door for StAte to get a commitment. I know of a few SEC schools that were interested in evaluating him.

He's listed as only a two star athlete, which is a joke. Easily a high 3 star or 4 star in my opinion. Wouldn't be surprised if he picks up a few more offers as the season moves along.

Usually most 2* haven't even been evaluated. He has an extra gear when he wants to use it, he needs to learn to all the time.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas