• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 4A Playoff Bracket

Started by ~WPS~, July 25, 2016, 06:55:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

~WPS~

July 25, 2016, 06:55:58 pm Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 06:59:34 pm by ~WPS~
The AAA released this year's playoff brackets today.

Here's a link...

4A Bracket

beach bum

July 25, 2016, 07:44:04 pm #1 Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 07:45:58 pm by beach bum
If Nashville can win the 7-4A they look fairly strong to get to WMS. Their 2nd round game would be the hardest IMO vs. the #2 seed from the 1-4A in Shiloh Christian, Prairie Grove, or Pea Ridge. And I even believe that Nashville would win that game fairly easily by maybe 14 to 21 points. The conference I follow in the 1-4A you want to be the 1 or 3 seed for the reason above. Where the 3 seed in the 1-4A sits that is by far the easiest route to the semifinals of any quadrant, plus the #1 seed for the 1-4A has home field. The bottom right where we envision Warren winning the 8-4A is the hardest part of bracket...... What are others thoughts about their league's draw. That top left quadrant will be really wide open though.

....... And obviously the season has not even begun so we have no clue how these teams will fair in the coming season, but this is fun to speculate as the sports' nerds we are.

~WPS~

My first reaction was Warren got screwed. 2nd from 2-4A then 2nd from 7-4A is rough. The 3rd from 7-4A can make a run in the top right. As far as Nashville as the winner of 7-4A, the toughest game before the semis will be the 2nd round game. I just know that I don't want to be in the bottom right with Warren, CAC/Stuttgart, and Nashville/Robinson/Ashdown.

beach bum

Quote from: ~WPS~ on July 25, 2016, 07:51:15 pm
My first reaction was Warren got screwed. 2nd from 2-4A then 2nd from 7-4A is rough. The 3rd from 7-4A can make a run in the top right. As far as Nashville as the winner of 7-4A, the toughest game before the semis will be the 2nd round game. I just know that I don't want to be in the bottom right with Warren, CAC/Stuttgart, and Nashville/Robinson/Ashdown.

I totally feel the same about your assessment as well. I feel the winner of the 1-4A or the 3 seed from the 7-4A will makes its way to the semifinals. And, I could not believe the route Warren will have to go as well.

~WPS~

My thoughts...

1 seed with easiest road:  Toss up, probably 7-4A
1 seed with toughest road:  8-4A

2/3 seed with easiest road:  3 seeds from 1-4A and 7-4A
2/3 seed with toughest road:  2 seed from 4-4A

Strongest quadrant: bottom right (W8, 2nd 2, 2nd 7)
Weakest quadrant: top left

Everyone feel free to fill in their opinion.

bulldoghistorian

Here's how it would look going by the predicted order of finish in each conference.
W 2 CAC bye
3rd 1 Pea Ridge
4th 8 Star City
W 4 Dardanelle
5th 2 Heber
3rd 3 Trumann
3rd 8 Dollarway
W 7 Nashville
5th 4 Dover
2nd 1 Prairie Grove
5th 7 Malvern
2nd 3 Gosnell
4th 1 Gravette
2nd 8 Hamburg
4th 3 Highland
W 1 Shiloh bye
3rd 2 Lonoke
4th 7 Arkadelphia
W 3 Pocahontas
5th 1 Gentry
3rd 4 Pottsville
3rd 7 Robinson
W 8 Warren
5th 3 Brookland
2nd 2 Stuttgart
5th 8 Dumas
2nd 4 Booneville
4th 2 Helena West Helena
2nd 7 Ashdown
4th 4 Ozark

THE D.O.C

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on July 26, 2016, 12:12:01 am
Here's how it would look going by the predicted order of finish in each conference.
W 2 CAC bye
3rd 1 Pea Ridge
4th 8 Star City
W 4 Dardanelle
5th 2 Heber
3rd 3 Trumann
3rd 8 Dollarway
W 7 Nashville
5th 4 Dover
2nd 1 Prairie Grove
5th 7 Malvern
2nd 3 Gosnell
4th 1 Gravette
2nd 8 Hamburg
4th 3 Highland
W 1 Shiloh bye
3rd 2 Lonoke
4th 7 Arkadelphia
W 3 Pocahontas
5th 1 Gentry
3rd 4 Pottsville
3rd 7 Robinson
W 8 Warren
5th 3 Brookland
2nd 2 Stuttgart
5th 8 Dumas
2nd 4 Booneville
4th 2 Helena West Helena
2nd 7 Ashdown
4th 4 Ozark

bulldoghistorian, you may know your history but you need to work on the future, lol just kidding I felt the need to throw that in there, although I don't think Malvern will be a 5 seed and I think Pea Ridge will be 1 or 2 seed.

bulldoghistorian

Haha I had to do that just for fun. I think the 7-4A will be the toughest to figure out!! Nashville is the front runner but I could see Ashdown Malvern or Robinson having a say so about that. That conference will be fun to watch throughout the season.

AirWarren

Romeo

I don't see it as Warren getting screwed, I see it as the other teams getting screwed for potentially playing in our bracket.

bulldoghistorian

Winner of 8 would have a nasty draw, but at least they would be at home until at least the Semmi's.

~WPS~

Quote from: Romeo on July 26, 2016, 10:58:16 am
I don't see it as Warren getting screwed, I see it as the other teams getting screwed for potentially playing in our bracket.
Both are true. But Warren definitely has the toughest road of any 1 seed.

Jack1990

Quote from: ~WPS~ on July 26, 2016, 11:26:51 am
Both are true. But Warren definitely has the toughest road of any 1 seed.
Seems like everyone is in agreement that Quadrant 2 is easiest draw and Quadrant 4 is toughest draw.  Just ready for the season to get here and start playing under those lights on Friday nights! 

bigchief72455

Glad to see the brackets but there are still 10 games to be played between now and then. Anything can happen. Just excited that the season is near.

bulldoghistorian

cuckoobird

Quote from: AirWarren on July 26, 2016, 10:46:33 am
Bring it on.
Exact same way I feel. My teams last title went through the toughest side of the bracket and if you are the best, there is no need to fear anyone.

SUGARTOWN

Winner of 2-4A (whomever that is) has a bye and home field advantage all the way through. Nice draw.

Superjack45

Quote from: cuckoobird on July 26, 2016, 01:49:10 pm
Exact same way I feel. My teams last title went through the toughest side of the bracket and if you are the best, there is no need to fear anyone.
No worries but guess what that's why they play the game.

Sports Guru

Quote from: THE D.O.C on July 26, 2016, 06:12:11 am
bulldoghistorian, you may know your history but you need to work on the future, lol just kidding I felt the need to throw that in there, although I don't think Malvern will be a 5 seed and I think Pea Ridge will be 1 or 2 seed.
I believe Crossett will be in the playoffs

Lumberjackfan1978

x14113

My two thoughts upon seeing this:

1) Whoa, how on Earth did this come out so early?!

2) The 4 will have it rough.

--The top seed seems have it reasonable in R1, but R2 will likely bring a good team from the 8. If that's overcome, then a trip to the 2 Champ awaits.

--2nd seed could also win R1, but will have no luck against the 7's 2nd.

--Seeds 3-5 all have the misfortune of facing the 7's top three.  The one consolation is that the 4's 3rd will be hosting R1. (Then again, don't forget what happened back in 2012...)

Yeah, this'll motivate the better teams to aim for a higher seed...!

Jacketman65

Quote from: x14113 on July 27, 2016, 12:27:46 am
My two thoughts upon seeing this:

1) Whoa, how on Earth did this come out so early?!

2) The 4 will have it rough.

--The top seed seems have it reasonable in R1, but R2 will likely bring a good team from the 8. If that's overcome, then a trip to the 2 Champ awaits.

--2nd seed could also win R1, but will have no luck against the 7's 2nd.

--Seeds 3-5 all have the misfortune of facing the 7's top three.  The one consolation is that the 4's 3rd will be hosting R1. (Then again, don't forget what happened back in 2012...)

Yeah, this'll motivate the better teams to aim for a higher seed...!
Other than Stuttgart winning it all in 12, are you referring to some of the better teams losing early in the playoffs?

whippersnapper

2012...#5 Seed Mena 42 #1 seed Arkadelphia 29. Upset heard round the state.

beach bum

July 27, 2016, 06:21:33 pm #23 Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 07:53:38 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Jacketman65 on July 27, 2016, 01:39:57 pm
Other than Stuttgart winning it all in 12, are you referring to some of the better teams losing early in the playoffs?

Obviously they weren't as good as people thought if they lost so early....

cuckoobird

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas