• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Turf has been approved for Lumberjack Stadium.

Started by Superjack45, January 12, 2016, 10:48:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Superjack45

Regardless if they are tough The Jacks has done good in this tournament. Plus it's hot as Heck out there for 2 days straight.

PA Dad

Quote from: Superjack45 on June 18, 2016, 02:59:31 pm
Regardless if they are tough The Jacks has done good in this tournament. Plus it's hot as Heck out there for 2 days straight.

I agree.  Impressive performance by Warren.

LJ06

Dang good showing with the quality of teams represented in this tournament.

AirWarren

LJ06

SportsDad

Yes, they have competed very well. I was out there watching yesterday (in the shade) and it was miserable. I only saw one player starting to cramp up, and that was late in the day. Waiting results on the game v. Allen....

Superjack45

Quote from: LJ06 on June 18, 2016, 03:15:00 pm
I don't think so
No we have not but had a couple of good showings,I think this is the second straight year they have done it and for me I believe it helps the guys to get rid of some of that rust you get from playing baseball and basketball. You can tell the kids that played baseball and are pitchers, that also play QB. This help to get timing and route running down. Especially when you have new receivers.IJS!!

SportsDad

Quote from: Superjack45 on June 18, 2016, 03:51:49 pm
No we have not but had a couple of good showings,I think this is the second straight year they have done it and for me I believe it helps the guys to get rid of some of that rust you get from playing baseball and basketball. You can tell the kids that played baseball and are pitchers, that also play QB. This help to get timing and route running down. Especially when you have new receivers.IJS!!
and the receivers are DEEP this year.... good variety of speed and size, combined with some elusiveness... going to be a fun year to watch.

Superjack45

Quote from: SportsDad on June 18, 2016, 03:56:31 pm
and the receivers are DEEP this year.... good variety of speed and size, combined with some elusiveness... going to be a fun year to watch.
Yeah should be fun just pray they stay focused and continue to work hard this summer.

Jack1990

LJ06

AirWarren

Quote from: Jack1990 on June 18, 2016, 04:14:51 pm
Lumberjacks lose to Allen, TX 60-21.

Man. That's tough. But then again. It's Allen Texas. Geez.

PA Dad

Still a great tournament for Warren.  Congrats.

Jack1990

Superjack45

Quote from: PA Dad on June 18, 2016, 04:19:51 pm
Still a great tournament for Warren.  Congrats.
Yeah they did pretty good "Stomping with the Big Dogs". Proud they competed well,that's all you can ask for when you play bigger schools. Good game jacks, Hard Work Work.

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on June 18, 2016, 04:17:08 pm

Yeah that's a man among boys lol

AirWarren

PA Dad

PA Dad

Romeo

Quote from: LJ06 on June 18, 2016, 04:37:47 pm
Yeah that's a man among boys lol

72-3 record the last five years. But PA is a small DI school too.

SportsDad

Quote from: PA Dad on June 18, 2016, 05:19:17 pm
PA beat Allen 64-56.
I thought those two were the best two teams in the tourney.... with Warren and Fayetteville just a notch below. There were some athletes on the field representing those teams!

Romeo

I think we have at least three potential DI prospects at receiver. Most people already know about Burks. McKnight has enormous potential and Rad Tad is going to be a star.

Superjack45

Quote from: Romeo on June 18, 2016, 08:24:50 pm
I think we have at least three potential DI prospects at receiver. Most people already know about Burks. McKnight has enormous potential and Rad Tad is going to be a star.
I really think it's more than that but time will tell.

LJ06

Warren is going to be a lot more balanced this season. Last year we relied more on the running game due to our inconsistencies in the air. This season, we should have a lot more potent passing attack to help out our stud RB.

Jacks990

June 19, 2016, 12:34:07 pm #574 Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 02:07:04 pm by Jacks990
Quote from: LJ06 on June 19, 2016, 10:28:10 am
Warren is going to be a lot more balanced this season. Last year we relied more on the running game due to our inconsistencies in the air. This season, we should have a lot more potent passing attack to help out our stud RB.

If I remember right.. The passing game kept us in the Nashville game. If I recall we had like 31 rushing yards against Nashville and like 300+ plus passing?

~WPS~

Quote from: Jacks990 on June 19, 2016, 12:34:07 pm
If I remember right.. The passing game kept us in the Nashville and Pottsville games. If I recall we had like 31 rushing yards against Nashville and like 300+ plus passing?

Stats from the Warren/Nashville game...

Warren
272 Passing
68 Rushing
340 Total

Lassiter - 16/37, 272 yds, 2 TD, 1 INT ... 7-37 rushing, 1 TD
Daniels - 12-31 rushing, 1 TD

~WPS~

If I remember right.. The passing game kept us in the Nashville and Pottsville games. If I recall we had like 31 rushing yards against Nashville and like 300+ plus passing?
Warren abandoned the run game in the 2nd half. But the only run that went for more than 5 yards was Lassiter's scramble on a bad snap. My thoughts on Warren this year are if you can protect Lassiter and get a snap to him you should be in good shape. O line play hasn't been Warren's greatest asset over the years though.

LJ06

I meant for the entire season. Didn't say our passing attack was horrible.

Jacks990

Superjack45

Quote from: ~WPS~ on June 19, 2016, 12:56:33 pm
Warren abandoned the run game in the 2nd half. But the only run that went for more than 5 yards was Lassiter's scramble on a bad snap. My thoughts on Warren this year are if you can protect Lassiter and get a snap to him you should be in good shape. O line play hasn't been Warren's greatest asset over the years though.
Hmmm! 2013-2014 Oline wasn't good? I think you just might be wrong on that one.

Romeo

~WPS~

Quote from: Superjack45 on June 19, 2016, 02:44:16 pm
Hmmm! 2013-2014 Oline wasn't good? I think you just might be wrong on that one.
Those were definitely two of the better lines that Warren has had and it translated to success. But other than those years Warren O line play has been average and it has cost them games in the playoffs.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: Romeo on June 19, 2016, 02:45:47 pm
Who is the new junior high head coach?
Coach Steed White, he was the High school's RB coach. Promoted in house

AirWarren

Drove by the stadium Saturday. Things are progressing nicely.

Superjack45

Quote from: AirWarren on June 21, 2016, 09:34:56 am
Drove by the stadium Saturday. Things are progressing nicely.
Drove by this morning and looks like they are getting things ready to start pouring,with side boarders and drain just about done. I will not be long,hopefully no problems occur.

Lumberjackfan1978

Having nice weather to work on it it's hot but at least it's not raining every day

Hoghead2

Quote from: LJ06 on January 13, 2016, 01:34:43 pm
From my understanding just two months ago a new Eastside school and new gym were at the top of the line on the priority list. Now it's look like through a private funding this turf could be the first thing that gets done. A turf is not a need whatsoever just a nice want on the want list. Warren desperately needs a new Eastside and I'd be embarrassed to play in that gym of ours too. A turf needs to be one of the last things we put in. Also sounds like if we get turf we may not build the Axley Field soccer complex and just straight up use the football stadium as a multipurpose facility.
I thought Warren would've updated their facilities over the years with the success they've had. I haven't been down to Warren since 97. It wasn't a palace, but the stadium was ok. But I do remember that gym was in dire need of replacing.  Hope everything with the turf situation works out.

Hoghead2

Quote from: AirWarren on June 18, 2016, 04:17:08 pm
Did Allen bring their 500 member band ? I saw them play Longview a few years ago. Never seen a band that big ever !! They came in on 21 charter buses !!!!

Superjack45

Quote from: Hoghead2 on June 23, 2016, 03:23:35 pm
Did Allen bring their 500 member band ? I saw them play Longview a few years ago. Never seen a band that big ever !! They came in on 21 charter buses !!!!
No but they came with 2 big QB and a Receiver that look like a OT or DT and plenty of speed but got out schemed by PA in the championship game.

AirWarren

Does anyone have a picture of the proposed look of the field? They are doing a 50 stadiums in 50 days deal on Monday Morning QB. I couldn't find a way to post a picture of the drawing of how it will look. Once the field is complete, we will be able to get a good picture of it.

Romeo

Jack1990

First time you've seen the proposal Romeo?

Romeo

I heard the endzone would be orange with black letters but this is the first time Ive seen what the outcome looks like. Its going to look great.

AirWarren

The Wisconsin orange W has grown on me.

<====== Obviously.

AirWarren

Quote from: Jack1990 on June 25, 2016, 01:55:07 pm
First time you've seen the proposal Romeo?

I'm going to be down next weekend. I'm going to go by and take some pictures. You know anyone in Warren with a drone? Ha. Wish I had one.

Romeo

Quote from: AirWarren on June 25, 2016, 02:13:05 pm

<====== Obviously.

Its the Warren W now. Its slightly altered from the Wisconsin one.

AirWarren

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: AirWarren on June 25, 2016, 02:13:05 pm

<====== Obviously.
That "W" was hard to do. Glad it's going to be permanent and not have to repaint it every week.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas