• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will Nashville run the hill this year?

Started by 4thandgoal, August 27, 2015, 12:36:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

4thandgoal

PrivateLesson

Bigredhog1971

Not likely with Dardanelle at the 1 spot.Nashville will not go undefeated.

WPWells

Star City vs. Nashville for the state championship. Dardanelle will have a good year but nothing outstanding

Proud Buckaroo

I have Nashville picked to win it all this year.

GuvHog

Quote from: Bigredhog1971 on August 27, 2015, 08:20:00 am

I agree Nashville won't go undefeated. In week 3, they have to leave the friendly confines of Nashville and travel to Pine Bluff to take on a much improved Watson Chapel team. That will likely be one of Scrappers very few losses IMHO.

hawgfan15

Best shot we have had at winning a championship since 2008. Very special senior class with multiple 3 year starters. The new head coach will only be a positive.

hawgfan15

Quote from: GuvHog on August 27, 2015, 11:22:24 am
Quote from: Bigredhog1971 on August 27, 2015, 08:20:00 am

I agree Nashville won't go undefeated. In week 3, they have to leave the friendly confines of Nashville and travel to Pine Bluff to take on a much improved Watson Chapel team. That will likely be one of Scrappers very few losses IMHO.

Week 3 can't get here soon enough

~WPS~

If I had to predict a game we would lose it wouldn't be week 3.

bulldoghistorian

August 27, 2015, 12:20:33 pm #9 Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 12:23:22 pm by bulldoghistorian
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on August 27, 2015, 08:34:59 am
Star City vs. Nashville for the state championship. Dardanelle will have a good year but nothing outstanding
That would be something! Time will tell! I don't think we've ever played Nashville before.

THE D.O.C

That's saying a lot when they travel  to Malvern and to Arkadelphia, with a new coach. Can someone explain to me how they've validated themselves to elite status.

hawgfan15

Quote from: THE D.O.C on August 27, 2015, 01:04:16 pm
That's saying a lot when they travel  to Malvern and to Arkadelphia, with a new coach. Can someone explain to me how they've validated themselves to elite status.

Defending conference champs

9 starters back on offense (5 starters back on defense)

8  three year starters on the team

The whole "new coach" thing is a non factor. We didn't bring in some scrub who wanted to change the offense from a spread to the wing T. The scheme is very similar and if anything he has formed the offense to fit the talent on the team better.

THE D.O.C

Championships were won under coach Billy Dawson. You're clearly saying that, although we lost our coach we will still beat everybody else. That's easier said then done. With a new coach you normally have to win players over mentally as well. I'm not knocking Scrappers, because they are good. I just know it takes more then just talent to win. I can't think of a 1st year coach who has ran the table. Good Luck any way.

GuvHog

Quote from: hawgfan15 on August 27, 2015, 01:51:00 pm

The whole "new coach" thing is a non factor. We didn't bring in some scrub who wanted to change the offense from a spread to the wing T. The scheme is very similar and if anything he has formed the offense to fit the talent on the team better.

Actually having a new Head coach is more of a factor than you think.

DerekOxford

Who's going to play QB? Snell or Moorer?

~WPS~

Quote from: GuvHog on August 27, 2015, 02:54:46 pm

Wow I guess I didn't know you're familiar with the inside of Nashville's football program. Do you have connections to our school board like WC's?

~WPS~

GuvHog

August 27, 2015, 03:08:58 pm #17 Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 03:15:38 pm by GuvHog
Quote from: Ballplayer1 on August 27, 2015, 03:05:41 pm

Wow I guess I didn't know you're familiar with the inside of Nashville's football program. Do you have connections to our school board like WC's?

No, I just happen to know that adjusting to a new head coach and his system takes a while. We experienced that at Watson Chapel last season. Dutton is a quality coach who was the Jr. high coach and runs a system with similarities to the previous coach's system but it took a while for the team to adjust to him. They went 5-5 last year but really didn't get in sync until late in the season.

~WPS~

Quote from: GuvHog on August 27, 2015, 03:08:58 pm
Quote from: Ballplayer1 on August 27, 2015, 03:05:41 pm

No, I just happen to know that adjusting to a new head coach and his system takes a while.
Refer to what hawgfan said above.

hawgfan15

Quote from: THE D.O.C on August 27, 2015, 02:06:08 pm
Championships were won under coach Billy Dawson. You're clearly saying that, although we lost our coach we will still beat everybody else. That's easier said then done. With a new coach you normally have to win players over mentally as well. I'm not knocking Scrappers, because they are good. I just know it takes more then just talent to win. I can't think of a 1st year coach who has ran the table. Good Luck any way.

Coach Dawson lost his first game but ran the table after that for 30 something games and 2 state championships. Nashville isn't an ordinary job and I can't think of a better situation to walk into this year. He has completely won over the players. No worries there at all.

hawgfan15

Actually beating Nashville in week 3 is going to be a lot harder than you think.

THE D.O.C

Quote from: hawgfan15 on August 27, 2015, 03:11:17 pm

Coach Dawson lost his first game but ran the table after that for 30 something games and 2 state championships. Nashville isn't an ordinary job and I can't think of a better situation to walk into this year. He has completely won over the players. No worries there at all.
Dawson is a  special coach. Coaching is an art and it takes time to create a masterpiece, I have nothing but respect for ScrapperNation. I'm not going to belittle the other coaches in 4A especially the ones who have established their programs with time and patience. The jury is still out and it remain to be seen how the kids will commit to someone new. Good Luck

hawgfan15

Quote from: THE D.O.C on August 27, 2015, 04:09:59 pm
Quote from: hawgfan15 on August 27, 2015, 03:11:17 pm

Dawson is a  special coach. Coaching is an art and it takes time to create a masterpiece, I have nothing but respect for ScrapperNation. I'm not going to belittle the other coaches in 4A especially the ones who have established their programs with time and patience. The jury is still out and it remain to be seen how the kids will commit to someone new. Good Luck

Well it's finally the time of year where those things will be proven on Friday nights. All I am saying is don't dismiss Nashville as a favorite just because they have a new coach. It is quite possible for a team to be in a better situation for the upcoming season with a new coach. That is what I have seen, not speculating, with my own eyes over the past 5 months. Now everyone gets to see it carry over to Friday nights.

GuvHog

Quote from: hawgfan15 on August 27, 2015, 03:14:43 pm

Actually beating Nashville in week 3 is going to be a lot harder than you think.

I didn't say it wasn't going to be hard, I said I believe WC will win. Beating Nashville is never easy.

beach bum

As much as I love to poke at Nashville I have them going 15-0 this season.....

hawgfan15

Quote from: GuvHog on August 27, 2015, 04:22:45 pm

I didn't say it wasn't going to be hard, I said I believe WC will win. Beating Nashville is never easy.

In other words it's not going to happen. You will lose for the 3rd year in a row and for the 3rd year in a row you have tried telling everyone on this board MULTIPLE times in numerous threads how WC will beat Nashville. It's comical actually.

GuvHog

August 28, 2015, 03:12:42 pm #26 Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 03:16:56 pm by GuvHog
Quote from: hawgfan15 on August 27, 2015, 04:32:01 pm
Quote from: GuvHog on August 27, 2015, 04:22:45 pm

In other words it's not going to happen. You will lose for the 3rd year in a row and for the 3rd year in a row you have tried telling everyone on this board MULTIPLE times in numerous threads how WC will beat Nashville. It's comical actually.

Not really. WC has beaten Nashville in the past, but not recently. After 3 straight losses, I'd say they are past due to win one. Judging from the Scrappers performance against El Dorado in the scrimmage, either they will be a team to watch this year or El Dorado is down quite a bit this season. The former is probably true.

~WPS~

Nashville has only played Watson Chapel 3 times. Ever. WC won the first, Nashville won the last 2.
2012 - WC 30-28
2013 - Nashville 20-14
2014 - Nashville 22-13

GuvHog

August 28, 2015, 03:19:58 pm #28 Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 03:22:53 pm by GuvHog
Quote from: Ballplayer1 on August 28, 2015, 03:16:59 pm
Nashville has only played Watson Chapel 3 times. Ever. WC won the first, Nashville won the last 2.
2012 - WC 30-28
2013 - Nashville 20-14
2014 - Nashville 22-13

Thanks, I overshot there. I knew WC had beaten them once. It's interesting that all 3 games were close so this one will likely be close too.

~WPS~

It's always a low scoring, hard fought game.

hawgfan15

Quote from: GuvHog on August 28, 2015, 03:19:58 pm
Quote from: Ballplayer1 on August 28, 2015, 03:16:59 pm
2012 - WC 30-28
2013 - Nashville 20-14
2014 - Nashville 22-13

Thanks, I overshot there. I knew WC had beaten them once. It's interesting that all 3 games were close so this one will likely be close too.

You can only hope it will be

footballcoach2015

How do you guys think the Scrappers will do against FL Cobras?

hawgfan15

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas