Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Monday, July 23rd, 2018.
All 42 Open Head Coaching Positions Have Been Filled, see Coaching Job Openings Forum
New 2018 Football Schedules are out
FearlessFriday
FearlessFriday
FearlessFriday

Author Topic: Travel Chat  (Read 27946 times)

Offline RATTLER43

• Head Coach
  • Old School
Re: Travel Chat
« Reply #250 on: December 28, 2017, 07:49:08 pm »
I am sure you will be on the road for something this summer when your schedule opens up that time of year. Hope you do get out for something yourself then. I enjoy hearing where everyone on here heads for their trips. It gives me ideas for the future.

Same.  Love getting great trip ideas from others' stories. 

Offline WPWells

• Formerly 12th Man
  • Hall of Famer
  • Be strong in The Lord and never give up hope
« Reply #251 on: December 28, 2017, 07:56:23 pm »
I’m visiting my girlfriend’s family, so that’s fun, but the two of us drove through some lake effect snow yesterday. That wasn’t fun.

Offline RATTLER43

• Head Coach
  • Old School
« Reply #252 on: December 28, 2017, 08:06:13 pm »
Be careful out there. 

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
« Reply #253 on: April 10, 2018, 09:43:00 am »
Anyone here ever did the hike to the Whitaker Point overlook just south of Ponca near the Buffalo River? I am thinking that is a must do soon being an Arkansas native. I get every other weekend off so I am thinking the first weekend I am off and I see the temperatures in the 80's I may head out that way and hike that plus spend some time at the Buffalo. That has to be one of the prettiest parts of Arkansas definitely.

Offline WPWells

• Formerly 12th Man
  • Hall of Famer
  • Be strong in The Lord and never give up hope
« Reply #254 on: April 10, 2018, 11:05:36 am »
Anyone here ever did the hike to the Whitaker Point overlook just south of Ponca near the Buffalo River? I am thinking that is a must do soon being an Arkansas native. I get every other weekend off so I am thinking the first weekend I am off and I see the temperatures in the 80's I may head out that way and hike that plus spend some time at the Buffalo. That has to be one of the prettiest parts of Arkansas definitely.

It's beautiful

Offline HorseFeathers

• Fearless Friday Elite
  • Legend
« Reply #255 on: April 13, 2018, 11:06:18 am »

It's worth the trip, parking is limited though

Offline Lumberjackfan1978

• Starter
« Reply #256 on: July 21, 2018, 03:34:48 pm »
Just got home from 2 weeks in Destin the beaches were nice and the water was as pretty as I've seen in a while

Offline B.G.

• Fearless Friday Administrator
  • Legend
  • I speak for me, myself and I.
« Reply #257 on: July 21, 2018, 04:30:43 pm »
A few week ago

Atlanta- 4 Braves games at SunTrust Park. We go about every 2-3 years.  3rd different ballpark to see the Braves in ATL.
Nashville- Grand Ole Opry.  1st time there. I actually really enjoyed it
Lawrenceburg, KY- toured Wild Turkey distillery.  Really cool.
Lexington, KY- Night racing at Churchill Downs.  Loved it.

Memorial Day we did a quick hit to Boston and saw Braves play at Fenway.  First time for me to Boston.  While there the Eastern Conf finals Game 7 Cavs vs Celtics occurred and we splurged and overpaid for 2 rafter tickets.  Well worth it.

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
« Reply #258 on: July 21, 2018, 04:33:16 pm »
A few week ago

Atlanta- 4 Braves games at SunTrust Park. We go about every 2-3 years.  3rd different ballpark to see the Braves in ATL.
Nashville- Grand Ole Opry.  1st time there. I actually really enjoyed it
Lawrenceburg, KY- toured Wild Turkey distillery.  Really cool.
Lexington, KY- Night racing at Churchill Downs.  Loved it.

Memorial Day we did a quick hit to Boston and saw Braves play at Fenway.  First time for me to Boston.  While there the Eastern Conf finals Game 7 Cavs vs Celtics occurred and we splurged and overpaid for 2 rafter tickets.  Well worth it.

Atlanta and Nashville are great cities..... And Lexington has a uniqueness to it that I enjoy the times I have traveled through. And the Boston part sounds like a sports lovers dream.

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
« Reply #259 on: July 21, 2018, 04:35:51 pm »
Just got home from 2 weeks in Destin the beaches were nice and the water was as pretty as I've seen in a while

The beach sounds good right about now. I spent some time in Aspen about 2 weeks ago all the way down to northern New Mexico in the mountains. Lots of fires spread through out when I went. People are going wild in NW Arkansas about them finally putting a direct and cheap flight from XNA in Bentonville to Destin. I know some people who have already taken advantage.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas