General > After the Whistle

Travel Chat

(1/52) > >>

beach bum:
I am starting a new thread for people to post about trips they have recently been on or future/past ones. It can be as simple as a new town in Arkansas you are going through or going to another country..... as well as obviously new states and new cities you visited. I enjoy hearing about other people's experiences of seeing something new.

beach bum:
I guess I will get it started.... this last 6 months have been the most probably in a long time as far as traveling for me. And all in a car I might had. I am an old school road trip guy ( I sleep in a tent or my car 80% of the time. IT SAVES MONEY GALORE). In February, I went up to Montana, Wyoming, and South Dakota. The far west of south Dakota is truly a gem. The Badlands, Black Hills, and Rapid City are a real treat. Montana and Wyoming are incredible. I absolutely love seeing all that free and untouched land out there. When I came back in May for a visit I made my way all the way down to Tampa/Saint Pete. Clearwater Beach truly is great. On the way back I came through SE Arkansas. I always love that drive through Lake Village on Hwy 65. I spent my first winter  living in Colorado. I was really nervous about winter here but ended up loving it. I won't lie. The three blasts we had of -10 degrees were horrible but all in all I loved the winter.

.....Anybody else see some new places recently or have a trip planned coming up?

HorseFeathers:

--- Quote from: beach bum on August 21, 2015, 09:19:11 pm ---I guess I will get it started.... this last 6 months have been the most probably in a long time as far as traveling for me. And all in a car I might had. I am an old school road trip guy ( I sleep in a tent or my car 80% of the time. IT SAVES MONEY GALORE). In February, I went up to Montana, Wyoming, and South Dakota. The far west of south Dakota is truly a gem. The Badlands, Black Hills, and Rapid City are a real treat. Montana and Wyoming are incredible. I absolutely love seeing all that free and untouched land out there. When I came back in May for a visit I made my way all the way down to Tampa/Saint Pete. Clearwater Beach truly is great. On the way back I came through SE Arkansas. I always love that drive through Lake Village on Hwy 65. I spent my first winter  living in Colorado. I was really nervous about winter here but ended up loving it. I won't lie. The three blasts we had of -10 degrees were horrible but all in all I loved the winter.

.....Anybody else see some new places recently or have a trip planned coming up?

--- End quote ---

Didn't do hardly any traveling growing up....So trying to spoil my kids to it...

Anyway, went to the st Louis zoo in May....best zoo of the five I've been to, and it's FREE! Took the long way up  67....And Lord I don't think I could live in east arkansas....

Spent last weekend in tulsa...the kids loved the aquarium, which made the 60 bucks I spent to get in sting a little bit less

beach bum:
I want to go to the Saint Louis Zoo so bad. My girlfriend told me its so big its hard to get through the whole thing in one lump. And I almost didn't believe her when she told me it was free. If I ever have kids I am definitely going to have to invest in one of those "Friends of the Zoo" passes wherever I live for a yearly pass. When I swung through the state I wanted to see the new Bass Pro in Memphis. I have seen pictures of friends that went and it looks incredible. That thing is going to be a mad house before this years hunting season.

HorseFeathers:

--- Quote from: beach bum on August 21, 2015, 09:51:10 pm ---I want to go to the Saint Louis Zoo so bad. My girlfriend told me its so big its hard to get through the whole thing in one lump. And I almost didn't believe her when she told me it was free. If I ever have kids I am definitely going to have to invest in one of those "Friends of the Zoo" passes wherever I live for a yearly pass. When I swung through the state I wanted to see the new Bass Pro in Memphis. I have seen pictures of friends that went and it looks incredible. That thing is going to be a mad house before this years hunting season.

--- End quote ---

Fifteen bucks to park in their lot...but forrest park is close by and had lots of free parking.... we were there for 8 hours and didn't see everything.. I've been to ft worth, tulsa, Springfield mo, and littke tick zoos...st louis is by far the best.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version