Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Monday, July 23rd, 2018.
All 42 Open Head Coaching Positions Have Been Filled, see Coaching Job Openings Forum
New 2018 Football Schedules are out
FearlessFriday
FearlessFriday
FearlessFriday

Author Topic: The All Soccer Thread(US soccer, EPL, European leagues, Spanish/Mexican leagues.)  (Read 158468 times)

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
  • Warren, AR. Home of football and futbol champions
Belgium is out. France advances after a 1-0 win. France is the second youngest team in the world cup....that is scary.

Pretty tough for me to see all the Chelsea FC players out there going at each other.

I am going to say it.....England and France in the final.....to of Europe's most storied rivals.....at all ends of history.

Offline soccerman

• Water Boy
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
As most know but social media these past few days, the Little Rock Rangers have a huge home playoff game tonight against a team that could very easily be their rivals, Tulsa Athletic. This is the first ever home playoff game for the Rangers! It cost $10 to get in and the atmosphere is like any other. Even if you aren't a soccer fan, come out and support, you may even like it! Kickoff is at 7 at War Memorial Stadium. There is no cost for parking!

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
As most know but social media these past few days, the Little Rock Rangers have a huge home playoff game tonight against a team that could very easily be their rivals, Tulsa Athletic. This is the first ever home playoff game for the Rangers! It cost $10 to get in and the atmosphere is like any other. Even if you aren't a soccer fan, come out and support, you may even like it! Kickoff is at 7 at War Memorial Stadium. There is no cost for parking!

Oh wow. That sounds like a blast! May have to check it out. I keep saying that I want to make it to a rangers game. But never do.

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
England up 1-0.

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
Extended time.

1-1. England is teetering.

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
England craps their pants.....big time.

2-1 loss to Croatia in extra time. Croatia is SCRAPPY.

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
England craps their pants.....big time.

2-1 loss to Croatia in extra time. Croatia is SCRAPPY.

I think we can all say with pretty good confidence that if Croatia does not win Sunday they may never get another chance as a nation to win the whole thing and France will be back again in the future with how loaded they are so...……. GO CROATIA!!! Win it while they have the chance!

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
Here is how I see the World Cup shaping up.... I don't really see anyone else having a shot

FAVORITES: Spain, Germany- with the World Cup being played in Russia I'd say these two European nations have to be favorites to win it all

SECOND TIER: Brazil, Argentina- if the tournament was in South America like last time I might put these two nations right in line with the favorites above

THIRD TIER: Portugal, France, Belgium

MY DARK HORSES OF ALL DARK HORSES: Croatia, Serbia........ These Balkan neighbors will have fans that travel well to Russia with them being closer to Russia than its western European counterparts and both are known to be rowdy travelers. They both have just enough quality to make a run and especially Croatia. They may not have enough to win it all, but don't be surprised if one of these nations gets all they way to the semifinals or something like that or plays spoiler at least to one of the nations above.

These predictions made me look so dumb, yet so good with the Croatia as a dark horse prediction... I had Germany and Spain as favorites and they TANKED!

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
These predictions made me look so dumb, yet so good with the Croatia as a dark horse prediction... I had Germany and Spain as favorites and they TANKED!

Hey. You had Croatia. You get big points.

Offline soccerman

• Water Boy
I think France takes it 2-1 over Croatia AET, Croatia's midfield will keep them in the game. My only questions are, can the Croatia backline shut down Mbappe and Griezmann. How will the midfield of France keep up with Rakitic and Modric. And Who will step up for Croatia in the attacking third?

While Belgium beats England 3-1. England puts up a good fight but falls just shy in the attacking third, Lukaku, De Bruyne, and Hazard, man those three i believe will continue to produce
even into the 2022 World Cup.

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
After months of speculation. Antonio Conte was fired as Chelsea FC boss. Not certain he was given the time he needed but there was a lot of disarray in the lockeroom regarding he and players. Willian, Hazard, and Diego Costa who is now departured.

Maurizio Sarri is the new Chelsea FC boss. He will be bringing Jorginho in from Napoli. The club both of them were at prior to Chelsea.

Man do I miss Jose.....

Offline WPWells

• Formerly 12th Man
  • Hall of Famer
  • Be strong in The Lord and never give up hope
Calling it now: Football is coming home in 2022

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
Calling it now: Football is coming home in 2022

Wow. USA or England?? Lol.

Offline WPWells

• Formerly 12th Man
  • Hall of Famer
  • Be strong in The Lord and never give up hope

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
After months of speculation. Antonio Conte was fired as Chelsea FC boss. Not certain he was given the time he needed but there was a lot of disarray in the lockeroom regarding he and players. Willian, Hazard, and Diego Costa who is now departured.

Maurizio Sarri is the new Chelsea FC boss. He will be bringing Jorginho in from Napoli. The club both of them were at prior to Chelsea.

Man do I miss Jose.....

Napoli knew how to bang in some goals under him.... I am interested in watching Chelsea's transition even more so than Arsenal's this coming season.

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
We will see. Abramovich seems to be losing his edge. Maybe has a little of the Jerry Jones syndrome.

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
So the 2022 World Cup in Qatar had its dates released and will be played from mid November to mid December having the tournament played about 4 or 5 months later than usual because of the brutal heat in the summers there. How on Earth is a country smaller than the state of Massachusetts going to house that many fans in an orderly manner? Also, the 2022-2023 European club seasons are going to have to start about 2 weeks early in very late July and not end until the first few days of June in 2023 for this to even work. That goes for the Europa League and Champions League in 2022-2023 as well. What a scheduling head ache it will cause over a 2 year span juggling all that.

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
So the 2022 World Cup in Qatar had its dates released and will be played from mid November to mid December having the tournament played about 4 or 5 months later than usual because of the brutal heat in the summers there. How on Earth is a country smaller than the state of Massachusetts going to house that many fans in an orderly manner? Also, the 2022-2023 European club seasons are going to have to start about 2 weeks early in very late July and not end until the first few days of June in 2023 for this to even work. That goes for the Europa League and Champions League in 2022-2023 as well. What a scheduling head ache it will cause over a 2 year span juggling all that.

Having the World Cup in Qatar is an utter travesty.

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
France.....gag.

Offline soccerman

• Water Boy
For those that did not hear, the Little Rock Rangers won the Heartland Conference on PK's against Wichita. They have secured a spot in next year's US Open Cup which could see a possible MLS team traveling to play the Rangers!

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
For those that did not hear, the Little Rock Rangers won the Heartland Conference on PK's against Wichita. They have secured a spot in next year's US Open Cup which could see a possible MLS team traveling to play the Rangers!

How awesome would that be????

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach

That is pretty awesome.... How many clubs play in that league? I have been to about half a dozen MLS games now and finally catching a USL match between Tulsa and OKC. I want to see all the levels here eventually.

Offline VHSCoach2

• Fearless Friday Moderator
  • All Star
Laredo Heat SC 1-2 Little Rock Rangers

The Rangers advance to the NPSL South Region Final, where they will play The Miami FC on Saturday. If the Rangers beat Miami, they will advance to the NPSL National Semifinals on the 28th, and if they win that, the NPSL National Championship is August 4th.

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
Awesome, thanks for the update!

Offline soccerman

• Water Boy
Hopefully the US sees that Little Rock is a soccer city too and could possibly be a future MLS side. If War Memorial became a grass pitch, maybe take a few seats out to make more room for the field. So proud of the Rangers this past season and hopefully it continues.

Offline Chief_Osceola™

• Hall of Famer
  • 'Nets & 'Noles
Question - why does soccer call it's field a 'pitch'?

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
Question - why does soccer call it's field a 'pitch'?

Not sure.

That and “kits” as the uniforms.

And “sacking” is firing of a manager.

Across the pond folks....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitch_(sports_field)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 02:54:13 pm by AirWarren »

Offline Chief_Osceola™

• Hall of Famer
  • 'Nets & 'Noles
Not sure.

That and “kits” as the uniforms.

And “sacking” is firing of a manager.

Across the pond folks....

Those silly Brits.

I like the term 'sacking'.  It sounds a lot more dubious than firing.

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
Those silly Brits.

I like the term 'sacking'.  It sounds a lot more dubious than firing.

Sacking.....just sounds dirty to me.

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
Funny and clever post 1776 take on it. Go MERICA.

https://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2015/07/22/mike-bell-why-is-the-field-called-a-pitch-and-just-what-is-a-concacaf-notes-from-cocktail-napkins/

FWIW. I say fired, soccer FIELD, and uniforms. Oh and also, cleats are “boots”. I call them cleats. I got too much southeast Arkansas in me to talk like those folks across the pond.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 02:58:44 pm by AirWarren »

Offline VHSCoach2

• All Star
Dave Meltzer has awarded five stars to yet another NXT match this year.

Moustache Mountain vs. The Undisputed ERA for the NXT Tag Team Championship from the 7-11-18 episode of NXT.

It is the first tag team match and the first TV (non-PPV) match under the WWE banner to receive five stars from Meltzer.

Offline Go Postal

• "The one and only GOBLINS mascot in the USA"
  • Fearless Friday Elite
  • Head Coach
  • US Navy 1978-1982, US Postal Service 1988-present
Hi everyone!  I'm watching the 2018 Rugby World Cup Sevens on TV.  I've ever seen a rugby game before.  I had to get in touch with some Goblins fans from Canada, Australia and New Zealand to explain the game to me.  I have to admit that it's pretty freaking good.  Reminds me of a cross between football laterals and soccer with the speed of basketball in 7 minute halves.  I saw one guy get a yellow card for what I would call a horse collar tackle.  Both men and women teams are playing.  USA women's team plays #1 seed New Zealand in the semis tomorrow.  USA men's team plays quarterfinals later tonight.  It is a very interesting sport.  I see why my foreign friends like this as much as soccer.

Offline VHSCoach2

• All Star
The Little Rock Rangers' season comes to an end with a 3-0 loss to The Miami FC.

Offline soccerman

• Water Boy
South Region Runner-Ups in just the third season! Incredible to think of how far they have come! Losing to a professional side in the quarterfinals. Rangers have made Little Rock proud!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas