• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A North Region Tournament @ Buffalo Island Central

Started by HorseFeathers, February 22, 2015, 08:55:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ctucker

Don't agree with throwing game for any reason, if you have a kid that's hurt and needs rest that's fine.But throwing a game for seeding is wrong in my opinion. You have to beat the best to be the best.I think you probally just make your kids scared of this teams when you throw games just to get on other side.And your going to have to play them anyway to win it.6

NEAsupporter

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on February 28, 2015, 04:14:41 pm
The problem is that the gyms arent big enough to hold up all the people that support 3-2A games. There were prob 200 people standing on the rails last night bc of not enough seats and that is what started the arguing last night. They need to play it in the Convo or something
BIC has one of, if not the biggest gym in 2A. Seating isn't the problem, ignorance is.

bbfan89

February 28, 2015, 04:27:01 pm #352 Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 04:56:46 pm by bbfan89
Quote from: redrider30 on February 28, 2015, 03:50:45 pm
Exactly right! The next thing you know someone will have their own reality show.

Maybe, heck who knows...the next Honey Boo-Boo might be living in Marmaduke

bdubyab60

The fight, by what I'm told, started over someone getting a drink spilled on them by a kid. Nothing to do with the game. The person who got the drink spilled on them told the kid they were going to slap them. The parent of the kid did not take kindly to his kid being threatened and it escalated from there.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 28, 2015, 04:28:58 pm
The fight, by what I'm told, started over someone getting a drink spilled on them by a kid. Nothing to do with the game. The person who got the drink spilled on them told the kid they were going to slap them. The parent of the kid did not take kindly to his kid being threatened and it escalated from there.

If that's the case, I hope whoever said that to a kid got the worst of it.

Ctucker

bdubyab60

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 28, 2015, 04:33:50 pm

If that's the case, I hope whoever said that to a kid got the worst of it.
Agreed better ways to handle it

Sport718

Quote from: RedWolf275 on February 28, 2015, 01:21:56 pm
Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on February 28, 2015, 01:04:39 pm
MT girls 52. EPC 42  5:51 in 4th.

Glad to see the MT girls were able to pull it together and play today. They took as bad a beating as I have seen last night from Marmaduke.
How did MT girls beat Marmaduke in reg season by 25 and get beat by them by 50 in Regional tournament!?! What was different?

Ctucker

I meant just +1 don't know we're the rest of that came from.

NEAsupporter

Quote from: Sport718 on February 28, 2015, 04:55:52 pm

Glad to see the MT girls were able to pull it together and play today. They took as bad a beating as I have seen last night from Marmaduke.
How did MT girls beat Marmaduke in reg season by 25 and get beat by them by 50 in Regional tournament!?! What was different?
Marmaduke didn't play their starters that day.

Sport718

Quote from: NEAsupporter on February 28, 2015, 05:02:14 pm

Why would they not play starters in a conference season game?

NoPlace2

I just had my 16 year old (Junior) read the last several pages of this and then asked him what he would do if his coach did what the MT coach is said to have done today. He said " I would tell my coach I'm not going to lose on purpose and I'm not coming out of the Game and if you make me then this is the last Game I play for you". That's the answer I wanted to hear and it's the answer I expected to hear.

Ctucker

That's great, but in the defense of MT boys they did what there authority told them to do, so in no way can anybody blame them.

Sport718

Quote from: NEAsupporter on February 28, 2015, 05:02:14 pm

why would they not play their starters in a regular season conference game

MikelB

I was by were this started and that is not the truth, the kids were spitting on the guy and he moved then the dad of one kid kept pointing at him and trash talking so the guy went to confront the dad and while making his way there he knocked another guys drink out of his hand and it escalated from there.

bdubyab60

February 28, 2015, 05:45:18 pm #365 Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 06:29:00 pm by bdubyab60
Quote from: MikelB on February 28, 2015, 05:28:28 pm

I was by were this started and that is not the truth, the kids were spitting on the guy and he moved then the dad of one kid kept pointing at him and trash talking so the guy went to confront the dad and while making his way there he knocked another guys drink out of his hand and it escalated from there.
Ok I got that like third hand. So I didnt get all the details

Had to edit that

NoPlace2

Quote from: Ctucker on February 28, 2015, 05:14:47 pm
That's great, but in the defense of MT boys they did what there authority told them to do, so in no way can anybody blame them.
My intension wasn't to blame the players but to point out the influence her character/authority has on her student athletes. I'm pretty sure I read on here somewhere the Coach has been there for some 15 yrs – I doubt this is the first time her authority/character has had an influence on her players. To put an athlete in that position is deplorable and for the athletes to react by laughing (if that's what they actually did) is just further evidence of her influence on them. If this actually happened today The AAA, the Conference and her School Administration has an obligation to the Parents of these athletes and the Parents of everyone who attends that school to get rid of her before the sun sets.

NEAsupporter

bdubyab60

Ctucker

I know you wasn't balming the kids I've seen you post all year, I know u not like just wanted to post that for there boys. Nothing against what you said.

NEAsupporter

Ctucker

I was playing baseball one time and we was trying to get game in before rain came.we was winning coach told us to strike out on purpose but some kids made a joke out of it swinging way after pitch and stuff when I got on deck my dad walked over there and told me if I struck out on purpose he would wear my rear end out so I hit a home run, I listen to the authority I was most scared of.lol

Donnie Jamon

I would do the same as what there coach did. The goal is to win the whole thing.  They weren't playing for the regional championship or it would have been a diff story

NEAsupporter

NEAsupporter

bdubyab60

Ought to be some kind of rule against this. This is the 3rd game in a row we have had Howdy

Ctucker

RedWolf275

Looked to me like Howdy didnt really care for EPC coach.

NEAsupporter

18-16 Earle up at the end of the 1st. Kid from Ealre with a nice buzzer beater.

bdubyab60

18-16 Earle end one. Earle with a buzzer beater 3

NEark tigers

I don't know this guy y'all call Howdy Doody, this is hilarious...

I hope this is not the same ref who officiated the Earle/BIC game on last Monday night?

bdubyab60

If you're at the game he's the white gray haired ref

bdubyab60

NEark tigers

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 28, 2015, 08:02:30 pm
If you're at the game he's the white gray haired ref
unfortunately I am NOT at the game tonight because I am at work just keep me posted on the scores

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

Remember this moment. 149 left tied at 32. Earless on fast break, EPC player is completely set, Earle player drives straight in to him. Ref goes to signal charge then changes it to a block. Then an offensive foul called on EPC player while Earle player is all over him.

We sure aren't helping ourselves with turnovers though

bdubyab60

54-39 Earle 429 in 3. EPC just coach just got t'd up.

MikelB

It's the Howdy Doody show again tonight! He is PATHETIC!

bdubyab60

We sure aren't helping things the way we are playing. And Earle is hitting everything

BoxNOne

Bodyguard

bdubyab60

Yeah. Coach was arguing a no call. Was probably trying to get it to get us fired up. One of our players took a shot and you could cleary here the slap from where I was at when Earle tried to block it. So he gave howdy an earful

bdubyab60

Fan9876

How a ref gonna tell a player where he can stand on the court for an inbound play.  Smh. They just making their own rules at this point.   And no beat down going on tonite unless u plan on starting a fight.  Where the score is currently is not what I call a beat down

bdubyab60

BoxNOne

Somebody posted above that Howdy didn't like the EPC coach. He was right.

NEAsupporter

NEAsupporter

Earle has got a technical too. EPC's just getting outplayed right now.

BoxNOne

Earle looks like they will make a run at Hot Springs.

NEAsupporter

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas