Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Wednesday, October 17th, 2018.
Week 6 Review
Week 5 Review
Week 4 Review
Week 3 Review
Southside's Coleman Week 3 POW
Week 2 Review

Author Topic: 2015 BASKETBALL RANKINGS FEBRUARY 17  (Read 33154 times)

Offline BarclayAlmanac

• Fearless Friday Administrator
  • 2nd String
2015 BASKETBALL RANKINGS FEBRUARY 17
« on: February 17, 2015, 12:05:11 pm »
BOYS
1.   LR Parkview (21-2) next: Sheridan
2.   Jonesboro (19-4) next: West Memphis
3.   North Little Rock (17-5) next: Searcy
4.   Bentonville (19-7) next: Springdale
5.   Van Buren (18-5) next: Siloam Springs
6.   Springdale Har-Ber (17-6) next: Fayetteville
7.   Alma (18-4) next: Greenwood
8.   Rogers Heritage (16-9) next: FS Southside
9.   FS Northside (16-8) next: Rogers
10.   Fayetteville (18-5) next: Springdale Har-Ber

GIRLS
1.   FS Northside (23-1) next: Rogers
2.   North Little Rock (21-2) next: Searcy
3.   Greenwood (22-2) next: Alma
4.   LR Central (21-2) next: Cabot
5.   Conway (18-6) next: Mount Saint Mary
6.   LR Hall (18-7) next: Lake Hamilton
7.   Cabot (20-5) next: LR Central
8.   Fayetteville (17-6) next: Springdale Har-Ber
9.   Central Arkansas Christian (24-2) District Tournament
10.   Ozark (25-3) next: District Tournament

Offline Razorback Red

• Starter
  • BHS Grad- class of 95
Re: 2015 BASKETBALL RANKINGS FEBRUARY 17
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 06:08:22 pm »
Pretty solid top 10!

Offline businesstron

• Starter
  • Your number 1 high school board. Fearless Fridays!
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 12:51:44 pm »
Exchange out Northside and Harber on the Boys side and your good.   

Offline Razorback Red

• Starter
  • BHS Grad- class of 95
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 09:37:54 pm »
Nice call businesstron.  With Harber's loss tonight, they will drop down.  If the top 5 stay the same, Fayetteville and Northside should prob be 6 & 7, followed by Alma at 8. 

Offline BrianfromCarlisle

• Assistant Coach
  • Woooo Pig Sooiee!
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 10:06:03 pm »
Clarendon is easily top ten. They play Saturday at 5:30. Go see for yourself. The only undefeated team in the state I believe.

Offline Razorback Red

• Starter
  • BHS Grad- class of 95
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 10:11:57 pm »
Clarendon is easily top ten. They play Saturday at 5:30. Go see for yourself. The only undefeated team in the state I believe.

I don't want to hash this out again.  I am curious though how many of the current top 10 teams you've seen play this year.  I've seen all but 3 of them and they're pretty solid. 

Just out of curiosity, what kind of size does Clarendon have?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 10:20:39 pm by Razorback Red »

• Assistant Coach
  • Woooo Pig Sooiee!
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 10:33:00 pm »
There is nothing to hash out. Drive to Hazen Saturday and watch them play. 

Offline MomaLion

• Assistant Coach
  • How Bout Them Lions!!!
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 10:45:15 pm »
Size is definitely an issue but they seem to get the job done...we have the height but not a lot of bulk. I wouldn't root against them however :)

• Assistant Coach
  • Woooo Pig Sooiee!
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2015, 10:54:20 pm »
Richard Knox can jump out of the gym.  You upper boys should really make a point to go see them play. Until then, don't say they can't.

Offline Razorback Red

• Starter
  • BHS Grad- class of 95
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2015, 10:56:24 pm »

I won't see them play this year, and I'm not sure I would learn anything watching them beat teams with inferior talent.  I know they've beat some bigger schools this year, but the top 10 teams are quite a bit better than anyone they've played so far.  That's why I'm curious if you've seen any of the current top 10 play. 

Just my opinion, but if I were a fan of Clarendon, I would just be happy with a 2A state title.  That's why we have classifications.  They might run the table and win a title and should be proud of that.  That alone though doesn't mean they are one of the 10 best teams in the state.  Sad thing is, we will never find out.  I think many of us wish there were an overall tourney at the end of the season with state champions.  I at least wish there were a plus 1 game (2A vs 3A, 4A vs 5A and 6A vs 7A).  That would be fun and it would work in basketball. 

Offline Razorback Red

• Starter
  • BHS Grad- class of 95
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2015, 11:16:37 pm »
Size is definitely an issue but they seem to get the job done...we have the height but not a lot of bulk. I wouldn't root against them however :)

Without some bulk, it would be tough to match up against some of the top-tier teams in the state.  Many of these teams have 2-3 guys go over 6'5" with some power. 

Offline HorseFeathers

• Fearless Friday Elite
  • Legend
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2015, 11:29:12 pm »

Without some bulk, it would be tough to match up against some of the top-tier teams in the state.  Many of these teams have 2-3 guys go over 6'5" with some power. 

...and true post players in the lower classes seem to be getting scarce...

Offline pick_DA_EAGLES

• Fearless Friday Elite
  • Hall of Famer
  • i feel more like i do now than i did awhile ago!
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2015, 11:40:11 pm »

...and true post players in the lower classes seem to be getting scarce...

TRUE post players are scarce at all levels, from high school through the NBA.

Offline ricepig

• Legend
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2015, 07:22:20 am »
Richard Knox can jump out of the gym.  You upper boys should really make a point to go see them play. Until then, don't say they can't.

Or, don't say they can, makes about as much sense.

Offline MomaLion

• Assistant Coach
  • How Bout Them Lions!!!
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2015, 07:31:22 am »

I won't see them play this year, and I'm not sure I would learn anything watching them beat teams with inferior talent.  I know they've beat some bigger schools this year, but the top 10 teams are quite a bit better than anyone they've played so far.  That's why I'm curious if you've seen any of the current top 10 play. 

Just my opinion, but if I were a fan of Clarendon, I would just be happy with a 2A state title.  That's why we have classifications.  They might run the table and win a title and should be proud of that.  That alone though doesn't mean they are one of the 10 best teams in the state.  Sad thing is, we will never find out.  I think many of us wish there were an overall tourney at the end of the season with state champions.  I at least wish there were a plus 1 game (2A vs 3A, 4A vs 5A and 6A vs 7A).  That would be fun and it would work in basketball.
Trust me, Clarendon fans would be ECSTATIC with a state title. We aren't hung up on rankings. We still have some really good teams to face as well.

Offline MomaLion

• Assistant Coach
  • How Bout Them Lions!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2015, 07:35:16 am »
You know they can play, they've proven that over and over...whether they are to 10, well that's anyone's opinion and rather pointless considering they will never play the majority of those teams.

Offline pick_DA_EAGLES

• Fearless Friday Elite
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2015, 07:36:48 am »
Actually, if a person hasn't seen all teams in question play, then nobody really knows how good each team is, but to base it off of "well no way Clarendon is in the overall  top 10 because they are 2A," is just plain down right stupid.

• Assistant Coach
  • Woooo Pig Sooiee!
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2015, 07:51:33 am »
Actually, if a person hasn't seen all teams in question play, then nobody really knows how good each team is, but to base it off of "well no way Clarendon is in the overall  top 10 because they are 2A," is just plain down right stupid.
agreed Pick.  The people that have said they have seen most of the top ten play is who I was directing that to actually.  They should make the drive down to watch Clarendon.  They won't, but they should. 

• Assistant Coach
  • Woooo Pig Sooiee!
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2015, 07:55:33 am »

That makes no sense actually.  Why would I say they can't play, when they can?  Why does it bother the higher classifications so much to even entertain the thought of a smaller school being just as good and just as talented?  That's what I don't understand.  To automatically dismiss them because they are 2a is ridiculous, especially when they have played, and beaten, much larger schools. 

Offline pick_DA_EAGLES

• Fearless Friday Elite
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2015, 08:15:41 am »

That makes no sense actually.  Why would I say they can't play, when they can?  Why does it bother the higher classifications so much to even entertain the thought of a smaller school being just as good and just as talented?  That's what I don't understand.  To automatically dismiss them because they are 2a is ridiculous, especially when they have played, and beaten, much larger schools.

Because it would mess up their made up persona of "we are bigger, so we are better" mindset. Which is ludicrous.

Offline ricepig

• Legend
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2015, 09:30:54 am »

How many top programs have they played? Just because you play a larger school doesn't mean that larger school is any good? Also, what makes your opinion the defining judge on who can, or can't play? Yeah, that's what I thought it's just your opinion, no different than mine, or anyone else's.

Offline Bulldog92

• Starter
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2015, 09:34:48 am »

Because it would mess up their made up persona of "we are bigger, so we are better" mindset. Which is ludicrous.
All this talking and you haven't won the 2A state yet.

Offline pick_DA_EAGLES

• Fearless Friday Elite
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2015, 09:37:52 am »

And the #1 ranked team hasn't won their state title yet either, so what is your point?

Offline Bulldog92

• Starter
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2015, 10:07:35 am »

And the #1 ranked team hasn't won their state title yet either, so what is your point?
But YOU are the 2A school, you have more to prove.  Clarendon doesn't even have the respect of the 2A posters because this same team was rolling through their schedule last year and, if my memory serves me correctly, didn't bring the title home.  SO, go win the 2A state title and then have this conversation. 

• Assistant Coach
  • Woooo Pig Sooiee!
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2015, 10:19:02 am »

How many top programs have they played? Just because you play a larger school doesn't mean that larger school is any good? Also, what makes your opinion the defining judge on who can, or can't play? Yeah, that's what I thought it's just your opinion, no different than mine, or anyone else's.
The number 1 ranked team in 5A.  That would usually dictate that they are pretty good, right??

• Assistant Coach
  • Woooo Pig Sooiee!
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2015, 10:20:32 am »

I didn't say my opinion is the defining one either.  Why get so bent out of shape about it?  LOL 

Offline MomaLion

• Assistant Coach
  • How Bout Them Lions!!!
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2015, 10:21:07 am »

You need to pay attention to who's posting. I'm the only one from Clarendon right now and I've said numerous times that it's one game at a time. Are they good?..absolutely, but rankings don't mean jack.

• Assistant Coach
  • Woooo Pig Sooiee!
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2015, 10:22:50 am »

But YOU are the 2A school, you have more to prove.  Clarendon doesn't even have the respect of the 2A posters because this same team was rolling through their schedule last year and, if my memory serves me correctly, didn't bring the title home.  SO, go win the 2A state title and then have this conversation.
Considering you have several 2A posters from schools other than Clarendon singing their praises, I would say they have plenty of respect given to them. 
This conversation is about the top 10 poll RIGHT NOW, BTW.  So this would be the correct time to have the conversation.  LOL

Offline MomaLion

• Assistant Coach
  • How Bout Them Lions!!!
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2015, 10:23:29 am »
Thanks for the support Brian and Pick but this is beating a dead horse lol.

Offline Bulldog92

• Starter
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2015, 10:25:27 am »

Considering you have several 2A posters from schools other than Clarendon singing their praises, I would say they have plenty of respect given to them. 
This conversation is about the top 10 poll RIGHT NOW, BTW.  So this would be the correct time to have the conversation.  LOL
Where are they?  Cause my last count on this thread was 3. 

Offline ricepig

• Legend
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2015, 10:28:16 am »

I didn't say my opinion is the defining one either.  Why get so bent out of shape about it?  LOL

You seemed to be the one's upset that you aren't being considered, not me, lol. I wasn't the one who said they "can" play. I'm sure they can play with the top schools, beat them, maybe.

• Assistant Coach
  • Woooo Pig Sooiee!
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2015, 10:29:23 am »
Wasn't aware they had to post on this thread to count. But it is obvious there will be no love from you.  LOL

Offline pick_DA_EAGLES

• Fearless Friday Elite
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2015, 10:31:25 am »

Last year the best TEAM was Cedar Ridge. And your comment just proves my point, people dismiss teams because of their classification. Did the team ranked #1 right now win the title last year, no.

• Assistant Coach
  • Woooo Pig Sooiee!
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2015, 10:31:34 am »

You seemed to be the one's upset that you aren't being considered, not me, lol. I wasn't the one who said they "can" play. I'm sure they can play with the top schools, beat them, maybe.
I'm from Carlisle.  not Clarendon.  I just firmly believe they are a top ten team right now is all I'm saying. 

• Assistant Coach
  • Woooo Pig Sooiee!
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2015, 10:31:58 am »
Thanks for the support Brian and Pick but this is beating a dead horse lol.
You are sure right Moma!!  LOL

Offline Bulldog92

• Starter
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2015, 10:56:15 am »
Wasn't aware they had to post on this thread to count. But it is obvious there will be no love from you.  LOL

Like I said earlier in a post on this discussion, I am from a small school and love it when they get put into the top ten poll.  The problem I have is that having this discussion before you have won your classes state title is a waste of breath.  Not only that, if Clarendon doesn't win the title then the next small school that has a legitament shot at the top ten will have more of a roadblock than now.  Being from a small school we just have more to prove, is it unfair yes, but discussions like this one make it more and more difficult every year.  So make it easier for the next small school and roll through the state tournament uncontested!!

Offline pick_DA_EAGLES

• Fearless Friday Elite
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2015, 11:01:48 am »

Like I said earlier in a post on this discussion, I am from a small school and love it when they get put into the top ten poll.  The problem I have is that having this discussion before you have won your classes state title is a waste of breath.  Not only that, if Clarendon doesn't win the title then the next small school that has a legitament shot at the top ten will have more of a roadblock than now.  Being from a small school we just have more to prove, is it unfair yes, but discussions like this one make it more and more difficult every year.  So make it easier for the next small school and roll through the state tournament uncontested!!

Whose to say junction city isn't top ten worthy?  Whose to say any team in the top 10 is worthy?  Its all opinion, if you wait till after the title game, That's a different poll.

Offline ricepig

• Legend
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2015, 11:08:35 am »

The number 1 ranked team in 5A.  That would usually dictate that they are pretty good, right??

So, there best win is over a team not in the top 10? That makes them good, doesn't it mean they are top 10??

Offline pick_DA_EAGLES

• Fearless Friday Elite
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2015, 11:22:58 am »

So, there best win is over a team not in the top 10? That makes them good, doesn't it mean they are top 10??

So every team in the top 10, has a win over another team in the top 10? Or how about this, how many of them have a win over a team ranked #1 in there class, which just happens to be 3 classes higher, or how many of them have wins over a team in every class but 1, or how many teams in top 10s closest game was 7 points or how many have beat EVERY team they have had a chance to play.

We can argue this all day, one thing you have failed to do is back up your case with any evidence other than "they are 2A".

Offline ricepig

• Legend
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2015, 11:39:43 am »

So every team in the top 10, has a win over another team in the top 10? Or how about this, how many of them have a win over a team ranked #1 in there class, which just happens to be 3 classes higher, or how many of them have wins over a team in every class but 1, or how many teams in top 10s closest game was 7 points or how many have beat EVERY team they have had a chance to play.

We can argue this all day, one thing you have failed to do is back up your case with any evidence other than "they are 2A".

Well, if they haven't played the #1 ranked team, it's hard to have one. As to evidence, I just pointed out that y'all seem to be hanging their hat on a victory over a team not in the top 10. Since they don't play anyone ranked in the top 10 in either poll, we're just spit balling anyway on a cold day.

Offline pick_DA_EAGLES

• Fearless Friday Elite
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2015, 11:53:40 am »
Maxpreps (yes I know it's maxpreps)  has Clarendon ranked #11 with that southwest Christian academy ranked 3rd, which they are not a AAA school, so take them out and they would be top 10.

Offline zebradynasty

• Hall of Famer
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2015, 11:54:39 am »
Well Clarendon is a legit team no doubt about it. Are they top 10? Hard to say no way they beat Parkview but they are athletic enough and coached well enough to hang with a lot of bigger schools.

Offline pick_DA_EAGLES

• Fearless Friday Elite
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2015, 11:56:33 am »
Well Clarendon is a legit team no doubt about it. Are they top 10? Hard to say no way they beat Parkview but they are athletic enough and coached well enough to hang with a lot of bigger schools.

I know you saw them first hand, and your opinion is valid. The question would be, would be, how many top 10 teams would travel to the delta to play Clarendon @ Clarendon. Lol

Offline Bulldog92

• Starter
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2015, 12:06:27 pm »

Whose to say junction city isn't top ten worthy?  Whose to say any team in the top 10 is worthy?  Its all opinion, if you wait till after the title game, That's a different poll.
I am not saying that any team isn't top 10 WORTHY.  Your last comment makes no sense!  How does waiting until after the state tournaments to have this discussion make it a different poll?  You will be having the exact same discussion but you would have a state title under your belt(if you win)!!  You all keep mentioning PBD, and STUTTGART as big wins, THEY AREN'T!!  If that is the case everyone in the 2-4A should be considered in the top ten along with half the teams in the 8-4A!!  SO GO WIN YOUR STATE TITLE, THEN YOU HAVE A LITTLE MORE TO BRING TO THE TABLE!!

Offline pick_DA_EAGLES

• Fearless Friday Elite
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2015, 12:12:41 pm »

I am not saying that any team isn't top 10 WORTHY.  Your last comment makes no sense!  How does waiting until after the state tournaments to have this discussion make it a different poll?  You will be having the exact same discussion but you would have a state title under your belt(if you win)!!  You all keep mentioning PBD, and STUTTGART as big wins, THEY AREN'T!!  If that is the case everyone in the 2-4A should be considered in the top ten along with half the teams in the 8-4A!!  SO GO WIN YOUR STATE TITLE, THEN YOU HAVE A LITTLE MORE TO BRING TO THE TABLE!!

My statement about the poll after the title games was meaning that would be the final poll and not up for debate today.

I think l.r. McClellan is their best win. They can only beat the teams on their schedule, like I've said before, find a team who will schedule a small school for a home and home match up. Other than that, it has to be at tournaments.

Offline MomaLion

• Assistant Coach
  • How Bout Them Lions!!!
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2015, 12:34:34 pm »
I would love to see Clarendon do Rumble on the Ridge or Hurricane but there it's only so many days to play...maybe in the future.

Offline ricepig

• Legend
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2015, 12:47:20 pm »
I would love to see Clarendon do Rumble on the Ridge or Hurricane but there it's only so many days to play...maybe in the future.

Cedar Ridge has played in the Hurricane Classic the last two years, before that Bay has played in it a couple of times. I think they try to schedule teams that will be good and/or bring a crowd. Jonesboro catches a lot of grief from the smaller local schools for not playing in the NEA tournament anymore, but they prefer to go play out of state against better competition these days.

As far as Clarendon or Episcopal, they're good teams who's results speak for themselves. Most of the banter on here about rankings, is just that, banter.

Offline businesstron

• Starter
  • Your number 1 high school board. Fearless Fridays!
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2015, 12:50:00 pm »
I think a bunch of schools can make a good case to be somewhere in the top 10.   Clarendon, McClellan, El Dorado, Episcopal are a few of them.   The only i would comtemplate switching out would be maybe Alma.  That's hard to do though because they have that victory over Bentonville.   The only other team i can think of would be maybe Heritage

I watched a little bit of Clarendon online.   I looked at their State Final game last year and the game against PB on NFHS this year.   They definitely have athleticism and can run the floor.  I think they'd stuggle against a team like Alma or any team that could force them to play a slow half court game.     

If they want more respect they'll have make some calls and get into some of these bigger tournaments and show cases.   Shoot I would've loved to see them in the Coke classic....they are better then watch Texarkana or Arkadephia stink it up.   Most big schools will go out of state to play someone versus going to the Delta to play a school.

Offline pick_DA_EAGLES

• Fearless Friday Elite
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2015, 12:59:40 pm »
I think a bunch of schools can make a good case to be somewhere in the top 10.   Clarendon, McClellan, El Dorado, Episcopal are a few of them.   The only i would comtemplate switching out would be maybe Alma.  That's hard to do though because they have that victory over Bentonville.   The only other team i can think of would be maybe Heritage

I watched a little bit of Clarendon online.   I looked at their State Final game last year and the game against PB on NFHS this year.   They definitely have athleticism and can run the floor.  I think they'd stuggle against a team like Alma or any team that could force them to play a slow half court game.     

If they want more respect they'll have make some calls and get into some of these bigger tournaments and show cases.   Shoot I would've loved to see them in the Coke classic....they are better then watch Texarkana or Arkadephia stink it up.   Most big schools will go out of state to play someone versus going to the Delta to play a school.

I would say northside to be the one I would take out, they have a losses to Clarksville and l.r. Hall.

Offline A-Good-One

• Formerly "Dr Chim Ritchalds"
  • Bench Warmer
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2015, 01:32:26 pm »
I would say northside to be the one I would take out, they have a losses to Clarksville and l.r. Hall.

I tried avoiding posting on this topic, but Pick, this line made me.

For real. I laughed at that. Hilarious.

Baptist Health Orthopedic Center