• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stuttgart vs Warren non-scrimmage thread

Started by phdefense, September 03, 2014, 12:43:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

phdefense

mr.b@sc

Quote from: phdefense on September 03, 2014, 12:43:11 pm
Week 2: Ricebirds vs Lumberjacks

Go!
It is going to be a long night for the ricebirds...lumberjacks by 21

cuckoobird

Im speechless right now. I dont know what to say unless im derailing threads.....smh

mr.b@sc

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 03, 2014, 01:20:58 pm
Im speechless right now. I dont know what to say unless im derailing threads.....smh
speechless? this is a first..lol

Jimbo Morphis

my advice would be do what i did before the mcgehee-warren scrimmage. be very quiet.

Superjack45

Quote from: Oldman on September 03, 2014, 01:24:37 pm
my advice would be do what i did before the mcgehee-warren scrimmage. be very quiet.
+1

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on September 03, 2014, 01:24:37 pm

Haha. No no no, Let them be. I am going to be quiet and just do majority reading on this thread.

phdefense

Watch #54 this week for Stuttgart. He is the Ricebirds version of the "Homewrecker".

cuckoobird

Hes a beast along with #99. Better triple team him

Jacketman65

cuckoobird

Naw, I wont smack around any mouthy warren fans and send them to the hospital.

mr.b@sc

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 03, 2014, 10:02:06 pm
i bet the entire town of warren will feel better after reading this knowing they will be safe...lol

Jack1990

Quote from: mr.b@sc on September 03, 2014, 10:35:50 pm
i bet the entire town of warren will feel better after reading this knowing they will be safe...lol
I know I was worried!! LOL

SUGARTOWN

I don't think they'll bring the entire town. They don't have that many fans.

Jack1990

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 04, 2014, 06:41:30 am
I don't think they'll bring the entire town. They don't have that many fans.
I was actually impressed by how many traveled to UAPB to watch the game Tueday night.  Maybe we're going to have a more dedicated fan base this year. 

SUGARTOWN

Maybe so. An opportunity to beat Stuttgart seems to be a program changer for some schools.

cuckoobird

It was a pretty nice crowd at PB. Southsides was embarrassing

Jack1990

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 04, 2014, 07:18:06 am
Yeah I couldn't believe that either.  With 90+ players and two pep squads I expected a much larger crowd from them.  I bet there weren't 50 people in the stands.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Jack1990 on September 04, 2014, 07:24:14 am
Yeah I couldn't believe that either.  With 90+ players and two pep squads I expected a much larger crowd from them.  I bet there weren't 50 people in the stands.
Well it was a 3 hour trip on a Tuesday night...

Jack1990

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 04, 2014, 07:34:03 am
Quote from: Jack1990 on September 04, 2014, 07:24:14 am
Well it was a 3 hour trip on a Tuesday night...
I understand that...but I know if my kid is playing/cheering/dancing/whatever, I'll be there.  Sacrifice my time for children because we only have them for so long.  I would have at least expected 150 there.  Don't think they even had half that many.

Superjack45

I don't think they did either,like you said if my kid was playing or whatever even the band I am going to be there to support them because the support we give our children helps them later on in life with their children and soon on and so forth. We have a duty as parents to support and love and protect our children. I wouldn't want something to happen to my child and I am not there for them for me that is a No Go.

SUGARTOWN

Kudos to y'all then, but not everybody has a job where they can just take off and leave whenever they want...

Jack1990

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 04, 2014, 08:10:24 am
Kudos to y'all then, but not everybody has a job where they can just take off and leave whenever they want...
I don't either.  Went to work with 3 hours sleep the next day.  Like I said...sacrifice.

Jimbo Morphis

not having a job can make it easier to get to the game.

Jacketman65

Quote from: Oldman on September 04, 2014, 08:20:39 am
not having a job can make it easier to get to the game.
True statement

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Jack1990 on September 04, 2014, 08:16:10 am
I don't either.  Went to work with 3 hours sleep the next day.  Like I said...sacrifice.
So if you would have been in Ft. Smith you wouldn't have been able to take off early and get there. That was my point.

But in most cases smaller towns/schools have better fan bases than bigger schools anyway.

Jack1990

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 04, 2014, 08:33:13 am
So if you would have been in Ft. Smith you wouldn't have been able to take off early and get there. That was my point.

But in most cases smaller towns/schools have better fan bases than bigger schools anyway.
It's not a point I'm going to argue but even getting off at 5 and making a 3 hour drive, you can make it by a little after 8.  Kickoff was slated for 7:30 but everyone knew that wasn't going to happen.  Game ends at 11:00...3 hour drive back, be at home around 2 or so.  All depends on what the parent is willing to do.  Just saying it's doable.  And I also realize that some don't work 8-5 (I for one work 10's...6a-4p) and wouldn't begin to question their dedication, but I would venture to guess that a majority do.  I just hope our crowd continues to travel and support as we have so far this year.

But back to the game next week....

Jimbo Morphis

seems to me every year the smaller classes have bigger crowds at the finals. football is more important to us small town folks. for me it's pretty much football or deer camp in the fall and i love it.

Jack1990

I know we used to have much larger crowds.  Seems like some of our fans have become complacent.  I wish our fans would get up on their feet sometimes and just yell out "Defense" when we've got someone on third down.  But they don't.  It's almost like it's more of a social event where they want to sit around and be entertained not be true fans of the sport.  They forget that fan is short for FANATIC!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Jack1990 on September 04, 2014, 08:52:24 am
I know we used to have much larger crowds.  Seems like some of our fans have become complacent.  I wish our fans would get up on their feet sometimes and just yell out "Defense" when we've got someone on third down.  But they don't.  It's almost like it's more of a social event where they want to sit around and be entertained not be true fans of the sport.  They forget that fan is short for FANATIC!
our crowd is louder when we're on offense, lol.

cuckoobird

Ok ok thats enough. We are being too nice to each other. I'll start it off, WARREN sucks!!!!

Jack1990

Ok then...STUTTGART sucks! LOL

Going to be a long week of back and forth you suck!! LOL

mr.b@sc

I counted 64 in the stands on ss side of the field, i probably missed a few but some were probably fans from dewitt. I know it is a long drive from Fort Smith but if i had a kid on the field i would make it happen so i could be there..These kids deserve a family member at every game, but i also realize some peoples circumstances just doesn't allow them to make the long road trips and they probably feel terrible about it...

AirWarren

Quote from: mr.b@sc on September 04, 2014, 09:54:20 am
I counted 64 in the stands on ss side of the field, i probably missed a few but some were probably fans from dewitt. I know it is a long drive from Fort Smith but if i had a kid on the field i would make it happen so i could be there..These kids deserve a family member at every game, but i also realize some peoples circumstances just doesn't allow them to make the long road trips and they probably feel terrible about it...

Were you there? Should have hollered at me. I was, however, able to locate a knucklehead in a UAM hat, hahaha

cuckoobird

mr.b@sc

Quote from: AirWarren on September 04, 2014, 10:03:27 am

Were you there? Should have hollered at me. I was, however, able to locate a knucklehead in a UAM hat, hahaha
i was sitting in the lower stadium seats near the 50 yard line..the only person in a blue shirt..lol

mr.b@sc

i bet that knucklehead was sitting with a dumas coach..lol

AirWarren

Quote from: mr.b@sc on September 04, 2014, 10:10:55 am

i was sitting in the lower stadium seats near the 50 yard line..the only person in a blue shirt..lol

I saw some boys in Blue. Didn't see you!

7AFBFAN

I took off early, drove the 3 hours with no kid on the team, got to bed at 2am, and made it to work on time the next morning. Was dragging yesterday. I think expecting a large fan turnout on a Tuesday night non conference game against 4A opponent, 3 hours away, and in Pine Bluff Arkansas is asking a little much. Surprised we had 50 turnout but I didn't even pay attention to see how many were there, was there to watch football.

Jack1990

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on September 04, 2014, 11:43:10 am

I took off early, drove the 3 hours with no kid on the team, got to bed at 2am, and made it to work on time the next morning. Was dragging yesterday. I think expecting a large fan turnout on a Tuesday night non conference game against 4A opponent, 3 hours away, and in Pine Bluff Arkansas is asking a little much. Surprised we had 50 turnout but I didn't even pay attention to see how many were there, was there to watch football.
That's what I call a football fan!!!

7AFBFAN

Quote from: Jack1990 on September 04, 2014, 01:42:38 pm
Quote from: 7AFBFAN on September 04, 2014, 11:43:10 am

That's what I call a football fan!!!

Thanks man!

phdefense

Son let me tall ya! Stuttgart is going to hit Warren so hard their grand kids will be born with bruises.

CounterPunch

Quote from: phdefense on September 07, 2014, 08:30:23 pm
Son let me tall ya! Stuttgart is going to hit Warren so hard their grand kids will be born with bruises.
give it a break. Game will be over at halftime and Stuutgart's football program will collapse.

Big Fan

Quote from: CounterPunch on September 07, 2014, 08:31:35 pm
give it a break. Game will be over at halftime and Stuutgart's football program will collapse.
Halftime?  You are being generous. 

CounterPunch

Quote from: Big Fan on September 07, 2014, 08:39:07 pm
Quote from: CounterPunch on September 07, 2014, 08:31:35 pm
Halftime?  You are being generous.
yea, I don't want to be too rude.

your name here

How many plays will it take Warren to score their first TD?

CounterPunch

Quote from: your name here on September 07, 2014, 10:34:30 pm
0. They return the kickoff

Jacketman65

Quote from: CounterPunch on September 07, 2014, 10:38:54 pm
CP, you took the debate right out of that one! :)

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: CounterPunch on September 07, 2014, 10:38:54 pm
Doubtful. It will be a short pooch kick.

cuckoobird

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas