• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bentonville Tigers and the Bentonville West Wolverines(OFFICIAL)

Started by Brian G, March 07, 2014, 12:20:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wildcat_x-mgr

In other news, Western Yell County high school will probably now feel that they lost their uniqueness. Up til now, I believe they were the only Wolverines in the state.

Maclin on your girl

March 18, 2014, 11:44:47 pm #51 Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 11:47:30 pm by Maclin on your girl
Who would be some of the canadates for the b-west job now & will walmart build a new stadium right away?

AirWarren

Quote from: Razorback Red on March 18, 2014, 09:30:06 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on March 17, 2014, 10:33:10 pm
Quote from: 7AFBFAN on March 17, 2014, 09:40:53 pm
I heard the current Bennie will have mascot change to golden child and the new school will be the silver spoons. No brainer.

No they will make sure all the the wealthy whites are at one school. Then send minorities and "poor people" to the other.

Ala...Harber high and Springdale high.

In all seriousness, there is not a way to split the Bentonville district and end up with a "have's" and "have not's."  There are what you call wealthy neighborhoods on all sides of Bentonville.  I believe both High Schools will have plenty of support from parents. 

The more the place grows it will be. Watch.

Smithian

OPoraquê

Quote from: AirWarren on March 19, 2014, 12:12:12 am
Quote from: Razorback Red on March 18, 2014, 09:30:06 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on March 17, 2014, 10:33:10 pm
Quote from: 7AFBFAN on March 17, 2014, 09:40:53 pm
I heard the current Bennie will have mascot change to golden child and the new school will be the silver spoons. No brainer.

No they will make sure all the the wealthy whites are at one school. Then send minorities and "poor people" to the other.

Ala...Harber high and Springdale high.

In all seriousness, there is not a way to split the Bentonville district and end up with a "have's" and "have not's."  There are what you call wealthy neighborhoods on all sides of Bentonville.  I believe both High Schools will have plenty of support from parents. 

The more the place grows it will be. Watch.

AirWarren, if it happens, the district is likely going to be drawn up like a literal checkerboard.

It's astounding to me how many duplexes and smaller houses are being built in the Centerton area now...just amazing.  If the district is split north to south (say with Centerton Rd. as the dividing line), the north will have Tallamoore/Copper Ridge (near $1 million homes) plus some nice homes on the "Bentonville" side of Bella Vista, plus all those nice homes in northwest Bentonville between the logistics center and Lowes, while the south will have some of the very nicest homes in Pinnacle Pointe (I think all the homes west of the Pinnacle country club are in the Bennie district), plus all those upper middle class to lower upper class homes on the way to Cave Springs.

If they split it from east to west (i.e. Walton as the dividing line) you've got all those fancy homes in that David Glass subdivision east of Crystal Bridges, plus the Woods Creek and Kensington Bridge fancies, plus the beautiful homes and mansions east of the Bville/Bella Vista Lowes, and the gentrified homes in downtown Bentonville.  West, you'd have a lot of subdivisions that have been built west on Central (including Tallamoore/Copper Ridge), plus what seem to be several nice homes being built in the Centerton area, strangely, within view of the new high school.

(I don't get that...last place I'd want to build a nice home would be along north Gamble or Herbaugh Roads where all the West High/Centerton-Gamble Elementary traffic will be, but that's where they're being built.)

It's going to be hard to put all the poor kids or all the rich kids together in one high school here without making inexplicable boundaries that are going to set off a LOT of controversy, which is the last thing I think the Bennie school board or superintendent want right now.

(EDIT: Just saw this article today in The City Wire.  Sobering thought: Bentonville Mayor Bob McCaslin estimates the city of Bentonville was about "half the size it is today" (40,000) in the year 2000.  Bentonville's population is expected to grow to at least 60,000, perhaps in less than 14 years.  That tells me surrounding communities (i.e. Centerton) will grow as well barring an economic collapse.  Wonder how long until a third high school is needed in the Bentonville school district?)

Lions84

Quote from: AirWarren on March 17, 2014, 08:55:44 pm
Diamond Dallas Paige High school
Home of the Fightin Diamond Cutters

Would have been legendary.

Amen there never been Wolverines in Arkansas anyway.  And sacks would be called the DDP and Fumble recovery's as the Diamond Cutter .

wildcat_x-mgr

Quote from: Lions84 on March 19, 2014, 02:02:34 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on March 17, 2014, 08:55:44 pm
Diamond Dallas Paige High school
Home of the Fightin Diamond Cutters

Would have been legendary.

Amen there never been Wolverines in Arkansas anyway.  And sacks would be called the DDP and Fumble recovery's as the Diamond Cutter .

Yeah, but naming a football team after what's known as the "woman's best friend" doesn't make them overly intimidating. I said the same thing when the Arkansas Twisters changed their name to the Arkansas Diamonds. Just didn't work for me.

OPoraquê

The new Bennie West colors, according to today's paper: navy and gold.

(Side note: Little surprised that "green" (with all the environment-happy folks around nowadays) wasn't used.  In fact, between the FSM and NWA big schools I don't think there's any green in any school colors, are there?  "Green wolverines" would have had a cool ring to it.)

Razorback Red

Picking the name of the school and the colors was the easy part.  Now let the discussions begin on how to divide the district.

TigerHawg

Quote from: OPoraquê on May 28, 2014, 12:54:06 pm
The new Bennie West colors, according to today's paper: navy and gold.

(Side note: Little surprised that "green" (with all the environment-happy folks around nowadays) wasn't used.  In fact, between the FSM and NWA big schools I don't think there's any green in any school colors, are there?  "Green wolverines" would have had a cool ring to it.)

Well makes sense if your an Xmen fan....this comic colors were yellow and blue lol

OPoraquê

KNWA story on the groundbreaking for BWHS today: http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltext-news/d/story/bentonville-breaks-ground-on-new-high-school/31661/sEqnohBV_UC-XEtj-Jf-7Q

I'll say this...I'm very concerned that the closest turnoff to the future West High School on a major road right now is Herbaugh Road off Arkansas 72.  That turn is HORRIBLE - left-turning traffic (coming from the direction of Bentonville)heading to the school will have to turn at an unusual angle directly into the path of eastbound traffic usually coming at highway speed.  Unless something significant is done, that intersection is, I fear, several accidents and possibly worse waiting to happen.

7AFBFAN

Quote from: OPoraquê on June 23, 2014, 08:52:03 pm
KNWA story on the groundbreaking for BWHS today: http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltext-news/d/story/bentonville-breaks-ground-on-new-high-school/31661/sEqnohBV_UC-XEtj-Jf-7Q

I'll say this...I'm very concerned that the closest turnoff to the future West High School on a major road right now is Herbaugh Road off Arkansas 72.  That turn is HORRIBLE - left-turning traffic (coming from the direction of Bentonville)heading to the school will have to turn at an unusual angle directly into the path of eastbound traffic usually coming at highway speed.  Unless something significant is done, that intersection is, I fear, several accidents and possibly worse waiting to happen.

Good business opportunity for someone who repairs dented Mercedes and Escalades. ha.

3sportkid

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on June 23, 2014, 09:31:34 pm

Good business opportunity for someone who repairs dented Mercedes and Escalades. ha.

we just buy new ones if they get dents

7AFBFAN

Quote from: 3sportkid on June 24, 2014, 11:45:54 am

we just buy new ones if they get dents

ha, good point.

OPoraquê

Unfortunately, I was thinking the opportunities will be better for trauma centers and funeral homes if something isn't done about this.

Razorback Red

Many of you will not care, but for those of you who do, here is some interesting info in the Bentonville zoning discussion for the new HS. 

http://bentonvillek12.org/edline_resource/leadership/board/20141007School_Boundary_Scenarios.pdf

Brian G

I hear they are going the Junction City route and trying to get kids over the Bella Vista state-line living in MO.

AirWarren

Already has happened at Shiloh. Why not let it happen at Bentonville.

AirWarren

Maclin on your girl

AirWarren

Razorback Red

Razorback Red

In 2 years, the conf should clearly be Fayetteville's to win every year, along with the occasional great SS or NS team, but I'm not sure the Bville programs will take as long to be competitive as some of you.  I really think both Bville programs could end up closer to Harber than they do like Springdale or Rogers. 

Both HS's in Bentonville will have lots of $$$ and lots of parent support, which are both very important.  CBL has taught this town to enjoy winning and I don't think parents will want to let it go easy. 

Brian G

It should be pointed out that BOTH(old and new) schools will have more students than FHS.

AirWarren

Quote from: B.G. on October 09, 2014, 08:55:36 pm
It should be pointed out that BOTH(old and new) schools will have more students than FHS.

Which is
1. Crazy.
2. Anomaly for a state the size of Arkansas.

Brian G

Both Springdales and both Bentonvilles will have more.  Both Rogers are close.

I tell people all the time those towns are growing with families.  Fayetteville is growing with UA students.

1800+ kindergarten kids in Springdale.

Bentonville is responsible for the huge growth in Gravette and Pea Ridge too.

More than 15 WMT stores are being built in NWA over a 16 month period too.

Maclin on your girl

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 09, 2014, 09:16:21 pm
Quote from: Maclin on your girl on October 09, 2014, 05:34:21 pm
Rip to BV football
Why do you say that??

Two schools the talent will be split up & the best coach in the game will be gone. FV will be king for awhile until they split. If ft smith had one school it wouldn't be fair. They would dominate in everything.

Brian G

Again, Fay won't split.

Again, it's student head count and not population.

Maclin on your girl

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Maclin on your girl on October 09, 2014, 10:38:21 pm
So you're saying they'll never split??

Not familiar with the situation at all, but just looking at the AAA numbers..there probably isn't a need to split the high school in Fayetteville. They haven't grown at all over the last 4 cycles...They might be the only high school in NWA to actually lose some enrollment(about .5%).

Maclin on your girl

I thought they would split eventually because of the gold rush is in nwa

AirWarren

Like BG said, Fayetteville is college population.

Bentonville, Springdale, and Rogers is family growth/settled adult growth.

The Bentonville spilt is gonna put the purple dogs on top for a long time.

AirWarren

Quote from: B.G. on October 09, 2014, 09:46:17 pm

I tell people all the time those towns are growing with families.  Fayetteville is growing with UA students.

1800+ kindergarten kids? Wow.

OB11

Quote from: AirWarren on October 09, 2014, 10:54:15 pm
Quote from: B.G. on October 09, 2014, 09:46:17 pm

1800+ kindergarten kids? Wow.

Wow is an understatement.  In the district I am in we have about 600.  Could not imagine having over 1800.  That is insane.

AirWarren

Seems like with that many kids, many kids could fall beneath the cracks.

SavedbyGrace

This will all be interesting to see how this unfolds in the future for Bentonville football. This definitely could put Fayetteville in a win, win situation.

ricepig

I wonder how many athletes live in Bella Vista? Looks like the board set the high school boundaries, upset some soccer moms on the grade school.

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2014/nov/18/bentonville-school-board-rejects-rezoni/

OPoraquê

Good question, Ricepig.  A lot of BHS kids live in east Bella Vista.  And these boundaries (unlike what one or two speculated) put some pretty ritzy neighboorhoods in both high school attendance zones.

http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltext-news/d/story/bentonville-school-board-makes-rezoning-decisions/23513/iXAAkSea6kmk2IdRc0_jbg

Baitshop

Razorback Red

Quote from: OPoraquê on November 18, 2014, 11:53:39 am
Good question, Ricepig.  A lot of BHS kids live in east Bella Vista.  And these boundaries (unlike what one or two speculated) put some pretty ritzy neighboorhoods in both high school attendance zones.

http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltext-news/d/story/bentonville-school-board-makes-rezoning-decisions/23513/iXAAkSea6kmk2IdRc0_jbg

Agreed.  Both schools will be fine from a socioeconomic standpoint.  They will both have great community and parent support.  I will still be on the BHS side, which is what I wanted for my kids when they get to HS.  My gdad, dad sisters and I all went to BHS, so I am about as black and gold as they come. 

ricepig

Are they expecting the majority of the future growth of Bentonville to be in the West school district? I just noticed a pretty big difference in the projected enrollment of the two schools.

Razorback Red

Quote from: ricepig on November 18, 2014, 08:01:45 pm
Are they expecting the majority of the future growth of Bentonville to be in the West school district? I just noticed a pretty big difference in the projected enrollment of the two schools.

I would say that is a fair statement.  The Centerton area (West of Bville) has exploded over the past 10 years and will keep growing.  This should also help Gravette as many new developments will begin to pop up off of Hwy 72, close to BWHS (hard to type that). 

elswagado

Ok, I clicked on this link.   The document linked from that article shows a Scenario 1 and a Scenario 2 for the high schools.   Which was selected?

ricepig

Quote from: elswagado on November 19, 2014, 01:07:25 pm

Click on this link and read.

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2014/nov/18/bentonville-school-board-rejects-rezoni/
Ok, I clicked on this link.   The document linked from that article shows a Scenario 1 and a Scenario 2 for the high schools.   Which was selected?

elswagado

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas