• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

25th Annual Lendel Thomas Classic Information

Started by Elvis Hoggoblin, December 23, 2013, 08:31:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Elvis Hoggoblin

Go Postal

December 27, 2013, 10:31:55 pm #51 Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 10:41:03 pm by Go Postal
Quote from: Elvis Hoggoblin on December 27, 2013, 09:05:04 pm
Girls Final
Harrison 50 ;D
Russelville 43
Boys Final
Harrison 64 ;D
Earle 55

Nice Job Golden Goblins (7-3) and Lady Goblins (6-3) in nonconference!  Boys play 6A team and Girls play 7A team next.  Good Luck to the Golden Goblins and Lady Goblins!

Elvis Hoggoblin

Update of Tonight's Action

Championship Bracket

Girls

Fort Smith Southside 49
Huntsville 36

Harrison  50
Russelville 43

Boys

Russelville 53
Marianna Lee 39

Harrison 64
Earle  55

Saturday's action
10:00am Girls 7th Place Game Earle vs Perryville
11:15am Boys 7th Place Game Ashdown vs Bergman
12:30pm Girls 5th Place Game Covington TN vs Bergman
1:45pm  Boys  5th Place Game Covington TN vs Poteau OK
4:00pm  Girls 3rd Place Game  Russelville vs Huntsville
5:15pm  Boys 3rd Place Game  Marianna Lee vs Earle
6:30pm Girls Championship Game Harrison vs Fort Smith Southside
7:45pm Boys Championship Game Harrison vs Russelville

MOAR25

December 28, 2013, 11:16:02 am #53 Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 11:17:37 am by MOAR25
Girls:
Earle takes 7th place with win over Perryville.
59-49

Elvis Hoggoblin

Boys 7th place game
Ashdown 69 Bergman 43

Girls 5th place game
Covington tn 61
Bergman 52.

Elvis Hoggoblin

5th place boys game
Covington tn. 64
Poteau ok 46

Elvis Hoggoblin

Girls 3rd place game
Huntsville 53
Russellville 39

Elvis Hoggoblin

Elvis Hoggoblin

Girls championship
Fort smith Southside 76
Harrison 66

redvino8

redvino8

Elvis Hoggoblin

AT

Quote from: HackerHog on December 28, 2013, 10:39:52 pm
Harrison quite possibly may be the best team in 5A right now. They are much better than last years team at this point in the season. That said, last year's team didn't really peak until February. But I digress. If this year's Harrison team keeps getting better, you not only put them in the best team in 5A talk, but best team in state talk.

The bolded part is a bit overzealous. Harrison couldn't hang with North Little Rock, Little Rock Parkview, or Springdale.

AT

Quote from: HackerHog on December 29, 2013, 12:04:29 am
Quote from: Almatrackster on December 28, 2013, 11:48:49 pm
Quote from: HackerHog on December 28, 2013, 10:39:52 pm
Harrison quite possibly may be the best team in 5A right now. They are much better than last years team at this point in the season. That said, last year's team didn't really peak until February. But I digress. If this year's Harrison team keeps getting better, you not only put them in the best team in 5A talk, but best team in state talk.

The bolded part is a bit overzealous. Harrison couldn't hang with North Little Rock, Little Rock Parkview, or Springdale.

well duh. I'm meaning when the Demozette or whoever does their little overall rankings, Harrison deserves mention. Those rankings go past 4. Harrison is definitely Top 10 overall at this point. Btw, How did Springdale do vs NLR? They played tonight in a tournament championship did they not?

Ok you were worrying me there, I thought you were saying Harrison should be in the argument for top team in the state.

NLR beat Springdale by 12 in the finals of the Coke Classic.

Rockhounds x2

December 29, 2013, 12:53:56 am #64 Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 01:23:49 pm by Rockhounds x2
I'm not ready to imply anything yet. If the boys play like they did tonight they will be hard to beat. And as hacker stated they can get a lot better time will tell if that's to happen. They lost to a good not great Branson team and a scrappy Conway team so there's still work to do but they looked pretty good tonight fun to watch..

Rockhounds x2

Final thoughts; LT's trophy is back home where it belongs.
Girls side as I didn't watch every team play I think the 2 best teams were in the finals. And the best team won our girls are getting better and fought to the end. Bergmans girls are better than they showed I thought they got introduced to some athletic teams like they haven't seen and this should help them down the road.

Boys side I'm not sure that the 2 best teams played the Covington team can play! But Russeville knocked them off so obviously I'm wrong about that. I thought the Bergman boys represented there school well. There was a lot of quick in your face defense played this week and for the panthers to be in all 3 games for the most part says a lot for them. I thought the Oklahoma team will be a lot better in 3 weeks than they was this week. Russellville and Covington TN can play. And our little slow Goblin team with no point guard was the team standing in the end just proves a point, a good team that plays together can play competitively with better athletes I hope these kids keep working hard to see how good they can become.

Go Postal

Fantastic Job, Golden Goblins and Lady Goblins!  I was in Mtn Home, so I couldn't get to the finals on Saturday.  Keep up the good work!

razorsharp94

Quote from: Rockhounds x2 on December 29, 2013, 01:23:14 pm
Final thoughts; LT's trophy is back home where it belongs.
Girls side as I didn't watch every team play I think the 2 best teams were in the finals. And the best team won our girls are getting better and fought to the end. Bergmans girls are better than they showed I thought they got introduced to some athletic teams like they haven't seen and this should help them down the road.

Boys side I'm not sure that the 2 best teams played the Covington team can play! But Russeville knocked them off so obviously I'm wrong about that. I thought the Bergman boys represented there school well. There was a lot of quick in your face defense played this week and for the panthers to be in all 3 games for the most part says a lot for them. I thought the Oklahoma team will be a lot better in 3 weeks than they was this week. Russellville and Covington TN can play. And our little slow Goblin team with no point guard was the team standing in the end just proves a point, a good team that plays together can play competitively with better athletes I hope these kids keep working hard to see how good they can become.

How is it that you think that the best two teams met for sure on the girls side?  Russellville was a common opponent for Harrison and Huntsville while Huntsville actually handled the Cyclones better than Harrison did. They also had a halftime lead on Southside but could not finish. So are you sure the best two teams met in the finals?  Each side was set up for Harrison to be in the finals and that's what happened.

redvino8

redvino8

Rockhounds x2

December 29, 2013, 03:40:08 pm #70 Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 04:40:07 pm by Rockhounds x2
razorsharp94:

--- Quote from: Rockhounds x2 on Today at 01:23:14 pm ---Final thoughts; LT's trophy is back home where it belongs.

--- End quote ---

How is it that you think that the best two teams met for sure on the girls side?  Russellville was a common opponent for Harrison and Huntsville while Huntsville actually handled the Cyclones better than Harrison did. They also had a halftime lead on Southside but could not finish. So are you sure the best two teams met in the finals?  Each side was set up for Harrison to be in the finals and that's what happened.

First of all read and understand what was said I didn't watch all of the girls teams play! I seen a little of the Huntsville girls play yesterday and correct me if I'm wrong they trailed Russellville at the half? I didn't watch the second half. Your girls are talented as well! Your girls will play ours soon enough so at that time I will eat crow but not until then.
I also assume that you would want to pair two conference rivals on the same side and we had already played south side! Maybe next yr it will be set up for Huntsville! Lol

Rockhounds x2

December 29, 2013, 03:42:51 pm #71 Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 04:38:34 pm by Rockhounds x2

razorsharp94

I doubt it will ever be set up for Huntsville. And if you didn't see them all what makes you qualified to say you "think" the best two teams played for it all. Just a question.

Rockhounds x2

Ok I'm assuming when they put it together the had to think south side was the favorite and Huntsville and Harrison and Russellville would be 2 3 and 4 so with you and the gobs being in the same conference I will guess that they split those 2 teams up! If putting you guys on the same side as south side is stacking the cards in the lady gobs favor then I'd have to say they are guilty! I have no clue how they do it!
Now to answer your question I have no clue if your team is better than the gobs girls you both beat Russellville and lost to south side! You led them at the half we led Russellville at the half! Maybe we wasn't the second best team in the tourney I'm not sure how you can say for sure that Huntsville was either?
When someone says I think that's usually an opinion and I thought this was an opinion board! Sorry to ruffle your feathers! 

razorsharp94

My feathers are absolutely not ruffled at all. I'm just asking the question. I do believe the tournament was stacked in favor of the Gobs to get to the finals but it's their tourney so it's obviously not uncommon. This is the 2nd year in a row that FS Southside came into the tourney as the favorite and the second year in a row that FS Southside beat Huntsville in the semis. Considering the history of the two schools this is not a surprise. It is what it is. If the Eagle coaches don't like it they can pull out.

Now, as far as the Huntsville v Russellville game Huntsville trailed by as much as 10 in the first half but woke up to take a two point halftime lead then held Russellville to 14 second half points. This is the only game of the whole tourney I saw but Huntsville was clearly better than Russellville. From a coach I talked to he thought that Harrison-Huntsville were pretty even. Considering the recent history I would say the Lady Eagles COULD have a slight advantage. If I were to guess I would almost bet that these two teams will split home and home this season.

Apache fan

Does anyone have any information on how the girl from Covington is that was injured Saturday?

Elvis Hoggoblin

It is my understandingthat she had a concussion and was back with the team for the ride home

razorsharp94

They do drop to the 4A-1 next year.  I agree with you on that aspect. 

maxswine

Harrison's boys shot lights out especially in the first half.  The fouls were pretty one sided.  At the 6 minute mark (They play two 16 minute halves) Harrison had zero fouls to 7 called on Russellville.  I think a couple of key players from Russellville had to sit due to foul trouble.

Great atmosphere there.  Fans really get into it and support all the games. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas