• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aerial Stadium Views - 7-4A

Started by LJ06, November 12, 2013, 12:04:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ06

November 12, 2013, 12:04:27 am Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 12:07:38 am by LJ06
Arkadelphia

Arkansas Baptist

Ashdown

Bauxite

CAC

Malvern

Nashville

Pulaski Robinson

Panther85

Interesting...all natural grass except one..Malvern.

Bigbossman

Quote from: Panther85 on November 12, 2013, 12:11:15 am
mineral springs just south of nashville by five min. Has turf, once I heard one of their local yocals poppin his gums about them having it and us not. It was quickly explained to him if nashville wanted turf, then nashville would have turf. Im not sure why we dont, but i hear kids all the time saying how they hate playing on turf.

COACH-Mike

Nashville pee wee loves playing on the turf!  Just ask them.

Bigbossman

Ive watched every peewee game down there this year, lol we aint gonna let em tear up our field. And my kid hated playin on it. Id be more worried about the gaurd rails at the place, how a small child hasnt fell through the gaurd rails to their death is beyond me. But who needs safety when ya got fake grass, kinda like the fake grass in our indoor practice facility, only not quite as good.

Spotty

Quote from: Bigbossman on November 12, 2013, 12:47:19 am
Quote from: Panther85 on November 12, 2013, 12:11:15 am
mineral springs just south of nashville by five min. Has turf, once I heard one of their local yocals poppin his gums about them having it and us not. It was quickly explained to him if nashville wanted turf, then nashville would have turf. Im not sure why we dont, but i hear kids all the time saying how they hate playing on turf.

It's my understanding that there are less injuries and it's more cost effective IF you can keep your turf in good shape for 15 years.

COACH-Mike

Bigbossman Dont Bring your rear end back.  Maybe we will let you just tear your field up next year.  Your welcome for our help anyway.

COACH-Mike

Spotty you are correct.  We have not have a leg injury during our time on the turf.  Dierks had a kid break an ankle last year but I think it was a freak accident huge pile up.

Bigbossman

Quote from: COACH-Mike on November 12, 2013, 01:22:39 am
Spotty you are correct.  We have not have a leg injury during our time on the turf.  Dierks had a kid break an ankle last year but I think it was a freak accident huge pile up.
mineral didnt have a broken leg last year on the turf?

COACH-Mike

lightsoutlefty

between Nashville and Arkadelphia, you probably have the two nicest facilities in 4A.

LJ06

Quote from: lightsoutlefty on November 12, 2013, 09:08:38 am
between Nashville and Arkadelphia, you probably have the two nicest facilities in 4A.

Def plenty of seating lol

LJ06

Nashville, Arkadelphia, Monticello, Warren, and Malvern may be the top 5 in 4A.

lightsoutlefty

Both of them usually fill up too. Better get started on those visitor bleacher upgrades before the Badgers come to town LJ.

lightsoutlefty

That sounds about right. I didn't realize how poor some of the other schools facilities were until you posted this. Some are down right pitiful.

LJ06

Quote from: lightsoutlefty on November 12, 2013, 09:19:35 am
Both of them usually fill up too. Better get started on those visitor bleacher upgrades before the Badgers come to town LJ.
Nah y'all can stand lol. It's more than it looks I promise. Plenty of room on home side though they are quite large in person.

lightsoutlefty

Probably wouldnt be a lot of sitting in that game anyway lol

AirWarren

November 12, 2013, 09:44:47 am #17 Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 09:48:44 am by AirWarren
Quote from: lightsoutlefty on November 12, 2013, 09:21:20 am
That sounds about right. I didn't realize how poor some of the other schools facilities were until you posted this. Some are down right pitiful.
Y'all will have plenty of room I promise. The home side just dwarfs the visitor side and gives it an unfair look in comparison.

I can think of a number of games where people were worried about seating and things turned out fine. Nashville in 00, Gosnell in 02, Stuttgart in 06, Nashville in 07. Our stadium was standing room only but most of the people standing were just casual fans there not supporting either team. There were extra bleachers put behind the end zone for students. Awesome atmosphere.

Hoghead

The large home side and small visitor side stadiums all look funny to me. It's like, yea our home side is the bomb and you dust mite visitors can sit in this THIMBLE visitor section. It's not just in 4A either. Greenwood comes to mind. Smith-Robinson is a fine facility....except for the visitors side. Glad to see Malvern upgraded their place !

hogfan10

Quote from: AirWarren on November 12, 2013, 09:44:47 am
Quote from: lightsoutlefty on November 12, 2013, 09:21:20 am
Y'all will have plenty of room I promise. The home side just dwarfs the visitor side and gives it an unfair look in comparison.

I can think of a number of games where people were worried about seating and things turned out fine. Nashville in 00, Gosnell in 02, Stuttgart in 06, Nashville in 07. Our stadium was standing room only but most of the people standing were just casual fans there not supporting either team. There were extra bleachers put behind the end zone for students. Awesome atmosphere.

It's always tough to tell from a picture, but Arkadelphia's band will come close to filling up half of the visitor's section at Warren. Of course it might not matter, they
have to win two games first! Another issue that could hurt visitor attendence is the game is the day after Thanksgiving, although I think the Badgers will still have a
large crowd if they make it that far.

AirWarren

After thanksgiving playoff football is exciting!!

Warren has a big test in highland. Gotta take care of business.

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on November 12, 2013, 11:54:26 am

Or Dardanelle

cuckoobird

Quote from: LJ06 on November 12, 2013, 11:55:18 am

Or Dardanelle
I think aw had it right

LJ06

Quote from: cuckoobird on November 12, 2013, 12:43:34 pm

Or Dardanelle
I think aw had it right

Possibly, but it's the playoffs can't count out anybody. *cough Mena *cough

cuckoobird

Quote from: LJ06 on November 12, 2013, 12:53:41 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on November 12, 2013, 12:43:34 pm

Or Dardanelle
I think aw had it right

Possibly, but it's the playoffs can't count out anybody. *cough Mena *cough
lmbo so true and if marrianna made the playoffs maybe they could surprise someone else this year too

hawgfan15

Quote from: lightsoutlefty on November 12, 2013, 09:08:38 am

Without a doubt and it is a distant 3rd

cuckoobird

why does google maps show Nashville stadium upside down?

hawgfan15

cuckoobird

Quote from: hawgfan15 on November 12, 2013, 03:26:11 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on November 12, 2013, 03:22:05 pm

upside down?
aren't the home stands really on the east side?

cuckoobird

plus the shadows are going from north to south and the sun is never north of arkansas

~WPS~

cuckoobird

November 12, 2013, 03:38:15 pm #31 Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 03:41:06 pm by cuckoobird
Quote from: Ballplayer1 on November 12, 2013, 03:37:58 pm
Yeah it's upside down
I thought so. looks like malverns and AB's are turned too. Malvern's runs east to west doesn't it

hawgfan15

Quote from: cuckoobird on November 12, 2013, 03:26:51 pm
Quote from: hawgfan15 on November 12, 2013, 03:26:11 pm

upside down?
aren't the home stands really on the east side?

Ah I see what you are saying, yeah its upside down

gobey

That's why there is a compass on screen.  So folks won't be confused, well most people anyway. 

cuckoobird

November 12, 2013, 03:49:30 pm #34 Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 03:51:52 pm by cuckoobird
Quote from: gobey on November 12, 2013, 03:42:42 pm

That's why there is a compass on screen.  So folks won't be confused, well most people anyway.
if you knew anything about maps you would know they are always aligned with north at the top and so forth. not to mention the direction of shadows. please don't argue about this because it will make you look foolish. but I think I know how it happened. he was using screen shots on his phone and was facing south when he did it.

gobey

Quote from: cuckoobird on November 12, 2013, 03:49:30 pm

if you knew anything about maps you would know they are always aligned with north at the top and so forth. not to mention the direction of shadows. please don't argue about this because it will make you look foolish. but I think I know how it happened. he was using screen shots on his phone and was facing south when he did it.

The only one who looks foolish, is the guy who has to start deciphering shadows because he can't read a compass. 

cuckoobird

Quote from: gobey on November 12, 2013, 03:55:00 pm

The only one who looks foolish, is the guy who has to start deciphering shadows because he can't read a compass.
like I said when looking at a map you are supposed to orientate it  top being north and bottom being south. period its 180 degrees off

gobey

Quote from: cuckoobird on November 12, 2013, 03:56:53 pm

like I said when looking at a map you are supposed to orientate it  top being north and bottom being south. period its 180 degrees off

The compass is there for a reason.  You either didn't see it or you didn't know how to read it.  It's as simple as that.  Otherwise you wouldn't have started talking shadows and whatnot.  In addition why would you ask the following question: "Malvern's runs east to west doesn't it",  if you were really aware?  You must not have been a boy scout.

mossflyer

Its not a map.  Its a picture. 

~WPS~

Quote from: mossflyer on November 12, 2013, 04:39:23 pm

That's the most intelligent thing that's been said so far.

gobey

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on November 12, 2013, 04:59:40 pm

That's the most intelligent thing that's been said so far.

I thought so too,  gave moss +1 when I first saw it.

Bigbossman

The picture of cac looks bad, but other than somehow it being a swamp on top of a mountain, and the mile long walk to the visitor side, i thought the field was better than the picture shows. The ashdown pic looks like a hay meadow.

cuckoobird

Most of those were taken in late december so the grass does look bad

Hoghead

Quote from: Bigbossman on November 12, 2013, 06:29:00 pm
The picture of cac looks bad, but other than somehow it being a swamp on top of a mountain, and the mile long walk to the visitor side, i thought the field was better than the picture shows. The ashdown pic looks like a hay meadow.

Dick Hays Stadium in Ashdown is a runt of a place. If the smell of the Domatar Paper Mill doesn't gag you before halftime, the skeeters will drop you off in Lake Millwood by the 4th qtr !!!

AirWarren

My visit to ashdown wasn't pleasant. Facilities were subpar at least.

Hoghead

Quote from: AirWarren on November 13, 2013, 01:08:37 am
I have had my share of good times there knocking off the Panthers and losing to them. It's a squak box of a stadium. They used to have death stump sawed off telephone pole with cables surronding the field back in the day. Crazy Place !!

Jack1990

And the most knowledgeable answer goes to....moss! +1

cuckoobird

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Hoghead on November 13, 2013, 01:21:35 am
I have had my share of good times there knocking off the Panthers and losing to them. It's a squak box of a stadium. They used to have death stump sawed off telephone pole with cables surronding the field back in the day. Crazy Place !!

The now gone field at Glenwood had those same stumps and cables.  Can't count the times people have tripped walking over the cable.  Back in the day (early 70's), some Jr. High kids would put 7th graders on the cable and catapult them in the air during ball games.  One kid soared about 7 feet off the ground and landed wrong and snapped his arm in two.  It's amazing how fast those kids vanished when that happened!  If you ever see a 50ish dude in north Pike County with a funky arm, you now know why.

Hoghead

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 13, 2013, 10:18:51 am
Quote from: Hoghead on November 13, 2013, 01:21:35 am

The now gone field at Glenwood had those same stumps and cables.  Can't count the times people have tripped walking over the cable.  Back in the day (early 70's), some Jr. High kids would put 7th graders on the cable and catapult them in the air during ball games.  One kid soared about 7 feet off the ground and landed wrong and snapped his arm in two.  It's amazing how fast those kids vanished when that happened!  If you ever see a 50ish dude in north Pike County with a funky arm, you now know why.
I saw that dude in Delight one night !!!! Or Maybe it was in Murfreesboro at the Diamond Mine ? He was catching heck digging for diamonds with that arm ! Those death stumps were no play play !

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas